Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BlueVMs latest offer for existing customers, some crazy pricing, did anyone manage to get one? - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BlueVMs latest offer for existing customers, some crazy pricing, did anyone manage to get one?

Comments

• So, if you want to use Virtio on WINDOWS, it's a pain in the arse. Basically, because Windows doesn't include the drivers and to install them properly you need to have the system seeing a Virtio device AND have the boot device be IDE/SCSI so it'll boot, it requires admin help. On LINUX, as long as the distro is sane and references partitions by UUID and not device name, it should be fine. I've seen it happen where they switched to Virtio and it wouldn't boot. The issue was that the system was looking for "/dev/sda1" BUT because it had switched to Virtio, the partition was now "/dev/vda1". UUID-addressing fixes this. So, for MOST Linux Distros, switching to Virtio disk drivers post-install shold be fine. Also, just out of personal curiosity, to the people who have KVMs reporting QEMU vCPU 2.0.0 instead of 1.5.0 or 1.7.2 (or something else), how does it seem to work? I'm considering jumping to QEMU 2.0.0 on a KVM node I run my own servers on and wonder how big of a performance difference there is.

• Feathur site: 502 Bad Gateway

• GunterGunter Member

any plans for more stock?

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

jvnadr said: Guys that post negative reviews because they expected the sky and all the stars paying just a buck...

Fortunately, people that read the comments are able to see through them. If they dont, you dont want those customers anyway.

• @MorningIris Working fine for me right now.

• Can you install Windows on a KVM VPS? I've never used one

• @hostnoob said:
    Can you install Windows on a KVM VPS? I've never used one

why not

Thanked by 1hostnoob
  • SunnSunn Member

@hostnoob said:
    Can you install Windows on a KVM VPS? I've never used one

Yeah MAN!! OpenVZ supports it too (secretly), they don't want you to know.

Thanked by 1hostnoob

Actually, in most cases, it is possible to run windows in an ovz container, i've done it before, but not directly, you need to virtualize it.

• BlueVMBlueVM Member

Maounique said: Actually, in most cases, it is possible to run windows in an ovz container, i've done it before, but not directly, you need to virtualize it.

Unfortunately these virtualized windows containers are generally extremely resource abusive and can lead to suspension. I'm not sure if it's because they're swapping all the time or if it's due to the virtualization itself, but a lot of these containers eat CPU and IO.

Yeah, I know, I did it just to test how it works since i found people running them in our servers, the performance is barely usable.
    I put that reply just as a vague amendment to the idea it is not possible :P

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho
  • hotsnowhotsnow Veteran

wanna to request some custom isos, ticket already sent 2 days, got no response, perhaps because weekend? :(

• @hotsnow said:
    wanna to request some custom isos, ticket already sent 2 days, got no response, perhaps because weekend? :(

request in here.

• earlearl Member

Did LA ever get restocked?

@earl said:
    Did LA ever get restocked?

No, I am waiting for one there too.

Thanked by 1earl
  • @BlueVM Do you plan a .uk location for KVM2? I need one ;-)

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@agentsmith said:
    BlueVM Do you plan a .uk location for KVM2? I need one ;-)

No one comes to the UK anymore for fear of the mighty DDoS rapist.

Thanked by 1TheHackBox
  • IshaqIshaq Member

Hahahahahah $9.99 UK.

HAHAHAHAHA.

Thanked by 2albertdb TheHackBox
  • earlearl Member

Bought another one after they restocked..

CPU model :  QEMU Virtual CPU version 1.5.0
    Number of cores : 2
    CPU frequency :  2099.998 MHz
    Total amount of ram : 502 MB
    Total amount of swap : 879 MB
    System uptime :   2 min,
    Download speed from CacheFly: 15.4MB/s
    Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 4.02MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 6.11MB/s
    Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 1.44MB/s
    Download speed from i3d.net, Rotterdam, NL: 1.80MB/s
    Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 1.58MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 1018KB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 3.72MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 3.44MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 9.08MB/s
    I/O speed :  406 MB/s

After updating the KVM setting..

CPU model :  QEMU Virtual CPU version 1.5.0
    Number of cores : 2
    CPU frequency :  2099.998 MHz
    Total amount of ram : 502 MB
    Total amount of swap : 879 MB
    System uptime :   20 min,
    Download speed from CacheFly: 83.0MB/s
    Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 19.4MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 35.1MB/s
    Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 3.40MB/s
    Download speed from i3d.net, Rotterdam, NL: 3.97MB/s
    Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 1.69MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 7.12MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 26.2MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 24.8MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 53.6MB/s
    I/O speed :  233 MB/s

• @Ishaq said:
    Hahahahahah $9.99 UK.

HAHAHAHAHA.

Currently I have a 64MB RAM, 4GB HD, 500GB Traffic with Openvz for $10 but I hate OpenVZ...

• BlueVMBlueVM Member

agentsmith said: @BlueVM Do you plan a .uk location for KVM2? I need one ;-)

Last I checked most companies were charging $2 - $4 /mo per IPv4 in the UK... so uhm no.

• earlearl Member

@BlueVM
    can we add more ip's to these?

• BlueVMBlueVM Member

earl said: @BlueVM can we add more ip's to these?

What I'm currently allowing is "doubling up". Which involves you paying $9.99 more and getting double the RAM, disk, IPs, etc... If I sold you just the IP at normal price it'd be just as much as the VPS.

Thanked by 1earl
  • earlearl Member

@BlueVM said:
    What I'm currently allowing is "doubling up". Which involves you paying $9.99 more and getting double the RAM, disk, IPs, etc... If I sold you just the IP at normal price it'd be just as much as the VPS.

That sounds really good, can I just put in a ticket and get this done? I don't mind doubling up both if you can.

• BlueVMBlueVM Member

earl said: That sounds really good, can I just put in a ticket and get this done? I don't mind doubling up both if you can.

Yes.

• earlearl Member

@BlueVM said:
    Yes.

Ok, I sent in a ticket..

• jvnadrjvnadr Member

BlueVM said: BlueVM

So, the idea on how to do it is create a virtual box (like kvm) inside an openvz container and, then, install there windows? What a waste of resources...

• jvnadrjvnadr Member

BlueVM said: Last I checked most companies were charging $2 - $4 /mo per IPv4 in the UK... so uhm no.

And a question: is it possible for a provider that have services to us and uk too, to offer boxex in the UK or EU with an US ip (because they are cheaper than the eu ones)? I know that the ip will show US GEO, but a european client can gain lower pings and speed over EU countries.

• jvnadr said: So, the idea on how to do it is create a virtual box (like kvm) inside an openvz container and, then, install there windows? What a waste of resources...

Not if you're passed the /dev/kvm devnod.