Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

$7 to help someone | XFS_Duke accident, he asks for donations
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

$7 to help someone | XFS_Duke accident, he asks for donations

jvnadrjvnadr Member
edited September 2014 in General

I used XFuseSolutions for a couple of backup vps. He was very reliable (uptime more than 350 days) and this vps was out of my mind. Today, I checked some backup vps and realized that XFS was out. I logged in to my account and saw that I had unpaid invoices from June. That was odd, because I never got email with invoices, suspension notice etc since June (in May I got my invoice email and pay it normally).
So, I wanted to do some research because my 2 vps was deleted and I wanted to find Duke to ask him to pay and enable them again.

Then, I read in his fb account that in June 27th he had a terrible accident that made him at the time unable to work (his last login to LET is June 26th).

https://www.facebook.com/xfusesolutions

http://www.gofundme.com/d5uzbw

I don't know the guy, I just dealt with his company and he was very helpful. I just felt that I should inform the community here about that.

Best wishes for recovering.

Comments

• Land of the free, where breaking your leg can set you back almost $100,000

• How does this gofundme work? Does he still get the money if he doesn't reach 50K?

Thanked by 1Steve81
  • DavidxDavidx Member
    edited September 2014

@serverian said:
    How does this gofundme work? Does he still get the money if he doesn't reach 50K?

"No problem. With GoFundMe, you keep each and every donation you receive. Reaching your goal is not required.
    Note: Users interested in an 'All-or-Nothing' campaign may choose this option during Sign-Up."

http://www.gofundme.com/questions/

Thanked by 1XFS_Duke
  • Bless him.

Thanked by 1XFS_Duke
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@serverian said:
    Just donated the amount what our birthday special made so far in revenue. I challenge all providers to do the same to help out a fellow provider.

$371.00 Oktay Kilic

found ya!

Thanked by 2XFS_Duke orak
  • https://vpsboard.com/topic/5066-been-a-while/

inb4 hate linking to the other forum, lol.

Thanked by 2XFS_Duke Epidrive
  • That's unfortunate, I have extra sympathies for him being a family man.

I'm sure your generosity will be well received.

Thanked by 1XFS_Duke
  • serverbossserverboss Member
    edited September 2014

Going to donate all I have earned this last week.

Hope he will recover soon!

• To be almost in financial ruin because of a medical problem is one the most medieval aspects of the U.S. I don't know and never interacted with the person or the company, but I'm going to see if I can clear up some unused assets to help. Will start a new thread for that.

• Hey guys,

Reading the comments you guys wrote make me feel a lot better. I'm not used to this sort of respect from others on the internet. So to catch everyone up, yes I was in a bad accident on my way to work on June 27th. I spent 6 or 7 days in the hospital after my wreck. My tibia was completely shattered and my femur was broken clean. I must have hit my head pretty hard because I can't remember a few things and I woke up in a CT scanner. I'm already afraid of confined spaces and when I woke up there it really freaked me out. I've been battling a lot of this past 2 month period. Bills are piling up and plus trying to continue to build XFuse when I have no personal income is a challenge, but one I accept completely. My family supports me and my wife was so messed up when I called her and told her what happened. I figured I'd lose the leg based on the initial reactions from the doctors after the xray. Luckily I had an awesome doctor who was able to put it all back together. I have a lot of metal and screws in my leg. I lost a good bit of weight and along with that, strength. I learned a lot from this situation. I've learned to live life to its fullest, because you never know when it is your time to go. I have 3 kids, a boy named Kaden who is 7, a beautiful daughter named Kailey who is 4 and another boy named Konnor who is 5 months old. My medical bills are well over $100,000 now and the insurance company is hassling me. Oh the joys of dealing with that. I'm getting better and I am able to move around more. I have drop foot as well which means I can't move my foot and it always sits in the downward pointing position. On the 26th of September I get to go find out if I'll be able to put weight on the leg and hopefully start physical therapy. They told me to expect about $25,000 for PT.

In closing, thank you all for your posts and for any donations you guys send. Its hard without an income that can actually pay bills. I'm a hard working man who hates handouts, but I have to swallow my pride because it doesn't just affect me, it affects my children. So again, thank you all and the LowEnd Community. I will recover. I just might not walk as well as I did before.

Thanks,
    Duke Hebert

• @serverian said:
    Just donated the amount what our birthday special made so far in revenue. I challenge all providers to do the same to help out a fellow provider.

That means the world to me. You are a great person and I really appreciate your help. I was in tears when I saw your donation.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @jvnadr your awesome. I apologize about the issues we had and I'm going to make sure it never happens again. I'm here for the long haul and I really appreciate your help. People like you are hard to come by and to do what you did for someone you don't know is just amazing. You and @serverian are great people. Thank you so much.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

I will get a donation made, also I know it is far less than ideal but have you considered getting treatment outside of the USA? even if it is just the PT that would only be about 5% of the price in the UK?

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @serverian said:

This is why I buy from serverian instead of going with $50 free credits with GVH.

• @AnthonySmith said:
    I will get a donation made, also I know it is far less than ideal but have you considered getting treatment outside of the USA? even if it is just the PT that would only be about 5% of the price in the UK?

Actually no man, unfortunately I feel the cost of travel and lodging would set me back more upfront. Possibly. But either way, I'm a strong guy and I'll try and do a lot of PT at home.

• Wishing you & your family the best on your recovery. Keep up the good spirit. Such a lovely family you have there.

Thanked by 1XFS_Duke
  • mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

I hope for a speedy recovery!

I post this as a motivation, saying that nothing is impossible, it only takes a wee bit longer.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@XFS_Duke said:
    Actually no man, unfortunately I feel the cost of travel and lodging would set me back more upfront. Possibly. But either way, I'm a strong guy and I'll try and do a lot of PT at home.

Ah OK, not understanding the USA medical care system I assumed it was up front regardless.

• What happens if you don't pay the hospital bills?
    Here in Romania if you don't pay you hospital bills or any bank loan and you don't have anything on your name they can't touch you.

• @AndreiGhesi said:
    What happens if you don't pay the hospital bills?
    Here in Romania if you don't pay you hospital bills or any bank loan and you don't have anything on your name they can't touch you.

Insurance companies will come and get you...

Thanked by 1ndlong75
  • @0xdragon said:
    Insurance companies will come and get you...

If I have nothing in my name... what will they get ?

• @AndreiGhesi said:
    If I have nothing in my name... what will they get ?

I mean in America they would.

• Good luck to you, @XFS_Duke.
    You look like you can take this.

I'll help you spread the word.

• I have a small question.

Why would the insurance company bother you, it doesn't look like you are insured if you need this money. Does the insurance company front the money for everybody that comes into the hospital or something like that?

• MCHPhilMCHPhil Member
    edited September 2014

Any way to donate specifically from PayPal ? Or bitcoin...? Bitcoin would kind of suck in this situation due to the extra work involved but hey... I don't use CC. Sorry. Hope you get better @xfs_duke! My wife was in a bike accident a few years back. Flew 20-30 ft. with only a few scratches so I know the feeling. Scary.

• sumosumo Member
    edited September 2014

@AndreiGhesi said:
    What happens if you don't pay the hospital bills?

The creditors (hospital, bank, etc) can take you to court to compel you to pay. There can be financial judgements made against you and methods to fulfill those judgements. For example, wages, tax refunds, inheritance, etc could be garnished until accounts are made whole.

In addition, your credit score would definitely take a hit. There are these things called credit scores in the US, which are used by variety of industries to determine eligibility and interest rates for credit cards, car loans, home loans, student loans, other types of loans, apartment rental eligibility, and even certain jobs, especially ones that involve your contact with the company's finances. Having a bad credit score and having to clear it up can be a daunting task. It may be easier to move to another country for 7 years (this is sarcasm by the way).

On a brighter note, you may be able to negotiate with the creditor to pay a smaller portion of the loan, for example, 60 cents on the dollar. This is what countries borrowing from the IMF do all the time, either that or default on the loans.

• XFS_Duke said: I apologize about the issues we had and I'm going to make sure it never happens again. I'm here for the long haul and I really appreciate your help

I never did have any issue with your company, so, there is not anything that could happen again. There was a minor issue with lacking of receiving an email about my invoices and, because I just forgot that I had those boxes with you (so good they were), I didn't check them for a while (I use them as backup boxes). So, when I tried to open them just for checking the backups, I realized that the vps were terminated because there was an overdue bill of almost 2 months (completely my fault, because I should check regularly about my services. Despite your accident, I think your service was (till July that I checked last time) awesome and one of the boxes had over 350 days on.

As of the post, this is the least anybody can do when an other person is in need. Hope the best for you and your family and a quick stand up in your feet again.

• drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep
    edited September 2014

Here is what we will do starting from now. Every ninja dollar from http://dirtcheap.ninja will go to this cause + we will double it to some reasonable amount. So your ninja price x2. We will send money weekly for a whole month.

drServer team wish you fast recovery.

If you wish to donate directly: http://www.gofundme.com/d5uzbw