Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

$7 to help someone | XFS_Duke accident, he asks for donations - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

$7 to help someone | XFS_Duke accident, he asks for donations

Comments

• @MrObvious as I stated earlier, I didn't open the Thread. A customer of mine did. Plain and simple, I was involved in something that was completely horrible and shouldn't have happened. I'm not begging for donations. When have I begged on here? I'm not some clown who needs to beg for anything. If people want to donate, fine, I appreciate it very much. If you don't, no problem. Problem is when people like that inconsiderate asshole comes on here and basically disrespects me to the point of calling me a bad father and husband, it really pisses me off. I've stated multiple times in here that I appreciate anything people do, because I do donate money and food myself to people in need. Times are rough and sometimes people have problems. I'm one of them. I've applied for assistance but they messed up my application by stating that I was still working and making my normal income so I wasn't approved and still own a ton in bills. Government assistance is really not my way of handling things and for that matter neither is "begging" for handouts from anyone.

Telling the dude to drop off the face of the earth really isn't that bad.

My point is, this isn't supposed to be a "you're a bad person and should of known better" thread. I already know that I should of had this and should of had that, but fact is, I couldn't afford it. I don't appreciate those type of comments and as I said, I didn't start the thread and if it's such a problem for the few people that see it as a problem, the mods can close the thread. I'm sure anyone who wants to help will still help and will do it by PM instead. This is the problem with LowEndTalk. Too many trolls everywhere who want to disrespect others because it makes them feel like they're flexing their man muscles online.

Thanks to anyone who donated and anyone wanting to donate. Sorry about the thread being led off course but I don't appreciate the comments that were made.

Thanked by 2jvnadr ihatetonyy
  • XFS_Duke said: Especially since I can't get physical therapy due to not having insurance

What physical therapy are you going through? Is it for pain management?

• None as of yet, waiting to hear back from my work. It'll be for Drop Foot and learning how to walk again basically. Basically, I've been laid up for 3 months and my leg has no flex at the knee and my foot is just stuck pointing down after the surgery. The reason for the foot is they cut through nerves and muscle and reattached everything and without moving my foot for so long, it just sorta stopped working I guess. So far my doctor hasn't told me much of anything about WHY I have drop foot and what HE or I could of done to prevent it. My knee, well that is because I was in that brace for so long and being told by the doctor to not move it until the bones healed properly. Pain Management I guess would be the next step. This is the first time I've had to deal with anything like this after riding motorcycles for about 10 years. Never had any other surgery or anything like that either. So this is all new to me. Still learning, still driving forward, just don't think I'll get far without knowing exactly what to do and without PT.

Thanked by 1jcaleb
  • I hear you. Accidents really do happen even how much careful you are on the road.

• Yea, I'll be alright no matter what. Just going to be a long road to complete recovery if that's even an option at this point.

Thanked by 1jcaleb
  • JoeMerit said: ya, its nice that people have been willing to reward your bad behavior. With a wife and 3 kids it was an extremely boneheaded move to keep riding your motorcycle without the right insurance coverage.

It's also an extremely boneheaded move to go out, because you know, most accidents happen outside, you are much safer inside.

Thanked by 1ihatetonyy
  • JoeMeritJoeMerit Veteran
    edited October 2014

@XFS_Duke said:
    Bad behavior? Because I had a motorcycle? How about you don't be a prick and go learn something. It doesn't matter if I was on a motorcycle or not, the fact is that it happened and there is nothing I can do about it. If you want to go troll somewheres, go troll in the middle of a busy interstate you prick. So, from the bottom of my heart, go drop off the face of the earth with your retarded comments.

I don't really care what you were riding, a motorcycle obviously has more risk factors than a car though. If you cant afford insurance you shouldn't have been putting your family at increased risk.

Thanked by 1agoldenberg
  • @XFS_Duke said:
    Plus, clown, it isn't necessarily the insurance that I needed, because the hospital bills are going to be handled, it is my everyday living expenses and the extras that I need to get by that Insurance DOESN'T cover.

You should make this clear on your gofundme page that you think you need $50,000 for just 'living expenses' and 'extras' if the hospital bills are being taken care of.

Thanked by 1agoldenberg
  • @JoeMerit said:

Its quite clear already... "I'm asking you for a donation to help me with my medical bills and day to day living expenses."

• I am really sad about your 3 small kids.I hope you will recover soon to support your family again.

• @tr1cky did you send cash sorry i cannot understand german language?

• @instatech said:
    tr1cky did you send cash sorry i cannot understand german language?

He sent it through PayPal. And I really appreciate it.

• Wow @tr1cky is very generous person.Good one.

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited October 2014

MrObvious said: I stubbed my toe the other day on the stairs.

Can I have a thread begging for donations too?

Mr obvious, I did open the thread. I do not know XFS_Duke, I don't have any relation with him except of one vps of 2$ per month, for a couple of years now. You or anybody here do not have any obligation to donate him. Just stick in your own small world and do criticize people that their life fault apart, from the comfort of your couch and your keyboard.

JoeMerit said: You should make this clear on your gofundme page that you think you need $50,000 for just 'living expenses' and 'extras' if the hospital bills are being taken care of.

Have you ever been on an accident? Do you think that only expenses are the "dry" hospital fees? Can't you understand that there are tons of other things you have to pay (physiotherapy, medicines, medical examines that insurance do not cover etc.) and that for a long period you cannot even work and live your family?

I hope both MrObvious and JoeMerit or the members of their families never be in the position XFS_Duke is now. But it is at least unethical and inhuman to accuse and calling names a fellow human being for... riding his motorcycle (!!!!!!!) as JoeMerit does, or fooling and laughing a man that trying to stand up on his feet with speculations, saying "donate me because I stubbed my toe on stairs" as MrObvious saying.

This kind of behavior and posts just showing what kind of persons both of you are. You make me sick...

• I agree with @jvnadr , those who are not willing to help better keep off the thread than making unnecessary comments..

Thanked by 1XFS_Duke
  • @jvnadr said:
    This kind of behavior and posts just showing what kind of persons both of you are. You make me sick...

LOL, once again, I am not not criticizing him for riding his motorcycle. The guy has stated that insurance was/is too expensive for him and his family. I think the logical thing to do when you can't afford insurance and you got a wife and three kids to look after is to try and limit your exposure to risk as much as possible.

Insurance would have covered his day to day living expenses, lost income, hospital bills, physical therapy, necessary medical equipment/supplies, someone to take care of him so his wife didnt have to take time off work.. the list goes on... there is a reason why its so expensive.. and if you can't afford it you are really gambling with your families' future. (what if it were more than just his leg?-- his family could be totally destroyed now if the accident were more serious)

Also, what Duke hasn't mentioned is how much money he is getting from the driver who apparently hit him and that person's insurance company. Whats going on there, got a nice lawsuit going yet?

Thanked by 1Zigara
  • I really don't get the points of your comments... you're just looking to upset people at this point it seems.

We all make mistakes and his mistake was not being prepared enough. We cannot always prepare for the things that happen in life and there's always a down pour at some point in our lives. I feel that your time would be better spent looking at how to improve yourself and to work harder to get by in life. Yet, here you are still attacking him for a "poor choice" he made.

I used to ride motorcycles. I stopped due to personal reasons and an old injury I got from playing a "safe" sport, soccer. It just boils down to wrong place at the wrong time in many cases of accidents and injuries.

I feel bad for Duke and wish him the best and will see if I can send some money his way but I cannot make any promises at this time.

• XFS_NicoleXFS_Nicole Member
    edited October 2014

We aren't getting ANY money from the driver, the drivers max insurance was 50k. The hospital put a lien on him so the 50k goes straight to the hospital which his bill exceeded 100k. The guy who hit him is a 20 year old WITH NOTHING TO HIS NAME!!! He lives with his parents. So stop being a dick and go mess with someone else's life. And if it was more serious. Thank God it wasn't we actually have life insurance. Sad that it's so cheap as in 3 bucks a week. Asshole.
    I hope that answered your ending comment Mr. JoeMerit.

For those of you who took time to help us and pray for us, we couldn't be more appreciative. We thank you for everything!

• To keep it running i send also some bucks. :-)
    From my point of view nobody should judge or complain. Something bad happend and every human should help or shut up!

After the II WW my father was a six year old boy, my grandfather was lost in action. You can image that it was a hard time. But my father told me that lots of warmhearted people from the US send CARE parcels. My father never forget this and teached me to help without asking. And i think this is the right way.

• JoeMerit said: JoeMerit

If you have nothing good to say, please, say nothing at all. It is not your place, or anyone else's, to criticize someone's life choices in here. Furthermore, you are oblivious to all the circumstances involved in what happened to @XFS_Duke.

If the LET Community wishes to help him, either participate or don't.

• @DalekOfSkaro said:
    If the LET Community wishes to help him, either participate or don't.

I'm not telling people not to help him. There is a lesson to be learned from what happened to Duke and I hope I have gotten it across.

In case you did not pick up on it though. There are millions of people who shouldn't be on the road in the United States (unlicensed, suspended, uninsured, incapable, ill) and its absolutely insane to be out on the road with them without proper coverage, especially on a motorcycle where, if an accident happens you have very little protection from injury.

Thanked by 1agoldenberg
  • @JoeMerit

And there are people on the road who are perfectly capable of driving well. However, since insurance is expensive, they can't afford to get what they need, so they go with the bare minimum. It so often happens that some idiot in a $120,000 BMW which daddy paid for is driving like a nutcase while buzzed and will hit a good person, or some hard working man who makes minimum wage in his old car with bare-minimum insurance who had a slip.

There are many scenarios, and none of us can really tell what's going on with somebody.

It is inarguable that some people on the road should not be allowed to drive, but again, learning a lesson from an experience may not be a suitable topic for what this thread is for.

Thanked by 1XFS_Nicole
  • The catching point is: Shit happens and nobody is able to protect himself against everything. Be sure, if you never leave your home and if you paid all possible insurances, also something will happen. And the insurance will find a reason not to pay.

As i said: If you see somebody in trouble, don´t ask. Help!

• SG42655 said: As i said: If you see somebody in trouble, don´t ask. Help!

^^ 'nuff said.

• @JoeMerit said:

Also, what Duke hasn't mentioned is how much money he is getting from the driver who apparently hit him and that person's insurance company. Whats going on there, got a nice lawsuit going yet?

It's hard for me to understand how you can risk it all by riding a motorcycle without proper insurance. In my country it would even be criminal. I guess it's the difference between West-Europe and the USA.

• Proper insurance meaning what? I am legally obligated to purchase motorcycle insurance in the effect of Liability and that is what I did. I actually have a higher policy limits than the other driver has, so if things went the other way he would of been paid off better than I am. Automobile or Motorcycle Insurance will pay for your medical expenses but will (most of the time) not pay your lost wages or anything like that. This is where my biggest issue comes in. I can let the hospital bills pile up and negotiate the balances but my electricity, food and water cannot be negotiated as we need these to live. Granted, I'm now getting on Long Term Disability through my full time job and that'll help, but still doesn't cover my bills. Fact is, people don't really understand unless you've been in a position like this. The US is attempting a form of Universal Healthcare and in my opinion it is failing. Either way, it is undeniable that I have to get health insurance now as this injury isn't something that'll just go away. It is a possibility that I won't be able to walk right for a long time, if at all.

But to clear things up a little bit, it doesn't matter if you're in a car, truck, van, tractor-trailer or motorcycle. You can die in a wreck. I've seen entire families die in car accidents. I worked for a towing company and I've picked up mangled messes of automobiles and got on the scene of 18 wheeler fires where the driver and his wife were stuck inside and burned to death. It doesn't matter what you're riding or driving, you can die. You can walk outside right now and the bullet a person shot up in the sky can fall and hit you and you can die. A random meteor piece can come down and hit you. Although, far more unlikely than a wreck, it can still happen. If you always live your life thinking "What if this happens" then you'll live a life that isn't worth really living. I chose to ride motorcycles before we had kids because it is what I chose to do. I've never been in an accident like this before and won't have one again.

This is what's wrong with this country and world. People judge instead of thinking about "What if this was one of my family members or friends, what would I do?" I'm not wanting your help if you don't want to help, just keep your judgmental comments to yourself. I'm sure you've done some things in your life that you're not proud of too, so yea... Thanks for your judgement.

• @XFS_Duke I'm a rider, I have been in your position, and yes I'm still struggling for my day to day living.

Just do whatever it takes for you and your family, mate.

Thanked by 1XFS_Duke
  • @vRozenSch00n said:
    XFS_Duke I'm a rider, I have been in your position, and yes I'm still struggling for my day to day living.

Just do whatever it takes for you and your family, mate.

Thanks, I am glad you can relate. Not about being hurt but about being a rider. You know the feeling.

• Death , Accidents , natural calamities cannot be predicted / anticipated , Whats past is past no use dwelling about it. Just keep living for the love that wants you in their life. Those kids you have are really adorable be safe dude ! They need their hero to guide them.