Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

$7 to help someone | XFS_Duke accident, he asks for donations - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

$7 to help someone | XFS_Duke accident, he asks for donations

Comments

• Host4GeeksHost4Geeks Member, Host Rep

Here's wishing you a speedy recovery! You'll be through it absolutely fine.

Thanked by 1ndlong75
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@XFS_Duke said:
    Technically not everyone has access to insurance based on income. For me, paying almost $750 per month for me and my wife would not work out very well.

I pay $2000 USD annually for my wife and me :p

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider
    edited September 2014

@netomx said:
    I pay $2000 USD annually for my wife and me :p

We get it, Mexico is cheap.

EDIT: I just read this over again, sorry if it came off as rude. Didn't mean to be.

Thanked by 2netomx ranaldlys
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@trewq said:
    EDIT: I just read this over again, sorry if it came off as rude. Didn't mean to be.

Nah, I know you aren't, and I know I'm a bellend :p

Thanked by 1mikho
  • In EU, there is in almost all countries public health system with all expenses covered. I (in Greece) pay ~300€ per month for public insurance and pension (I am obligated to do it, there is no choice to avoid public system) and, If I want it, I can have contract with a private company for extra insurance (better coverage, bigger coverage etc. or better/extra pension).

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited September 2014

XFS_Duke said: Technically not everyone has access to insurance based on income. For me, paying almost $750 per month for me and my wife would not work out very well.

Yeah my last job had me in this exact situation. It was shelter or insurance. Nothing in life is truly free, what is free is never free forever, but one thing I hope we can always count on is that most people are good at heart and want to help out where they can. Wish you guys all the best. That's a beautiful family you've got there. I hope we can ease the trouble a little.

• @XFS_Duke said:
    MCHPhil you can send to [email protected]

I sent to your PayPal

I'm sorry that it's not much but I hope it help

And I hope you get better soon

Thanked by 1ndlong75
  • Sent my 7 bucks. Not much. But I hope it helps.

Wish you a quick and full recovery Duke.

• If I had money, I would have donated. Hope you'll be better soon man!

• Stay strong & I wish you fast recovery, sent you donation via PayPal directly.

• To everyone who donated, I appreciate the help very much.

Thanked by 2Kris DreamCaster
  • @Incero Holy crap, $500? You're very kind people. :)

Thanked by 1ryanarp
  • @0xdragon said:
    Incero Holy crap, $500? You're very kind people. :)

This is why I LOVE Incero.

• The two sides of a coin, in this community. There are people like sz1 (thank God the minority here) with threatings and bashing and there are a lot of people who are willing to help a person that they do not even know him. And there are guys like Oktay, Andrej and now people from Incero that do something unbelievable (amounts like $200, $300 or $500 in these days for a donation. especially when they come from small business/individuals are very rare to see).

• @Incero that was a huge donation. I thank you for your donation.

• Sent through PayPal. Duke, I wish you the very best and a speedy recovery.

• wish u fast recovery, get well soon bro :)

• SpeedyKVMSpeedyKVM Banned, Member
    edited September 2014

@XFS_Duke said:
    Incero that was a huge donation. I thank you for your donation.

No thanks needed, wishing you a speedy recovery. I wish we (humans as a whole) would all try to help when we're in a good situation and come across someone in a bind, if we did the world would be a much better place.

• jvnadr said: The two sides of a coin, in this community. There are people like sz1 (thank God the minority here) with threatings and bashing and there are a lot of people who are willing to help a person that they do not even know him. And there are guys like Oktay, Andrej and now people from Incero that do something unbelievable (amounts like $200, $300 or $500 in these days for a donation. especially when they come from small business/individuals are very rare to see).

Definitely agreed. Such a nice community here. I really probably will never see Duke or that lovely kids. Most of us never will. But doing sth little to help means a lot for us, them and this community.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • I've just done my part and sent a donation to your PayPal.

I'm sorry to hear that all of this happened and as with everyone else here on this forum, I wish you and your family the very best in recovery.

• Thanks @jnguyen. Do you still get on Skype?

• Np. I do still get on Skype but I have you added on the Skype account I don't use anymore. I'll PM you my active Skype user.

Thanked by 1XFS_Duke
  • AppDevAppDev Member
    edited September 2014

Sent $7 via Paypal. Get well soon!

• I am XFS_ Duke's wife. I just signed up to get on here and thank everyone who made donations. It surely means a lot to us. With the extra help we are able to get his meds, doctor visits without having to struggle. These past couple months have been a struggle for me handling 3 kids, as young as 5 months and having to take off work to take care of my husband as well . I truly appreciate that Lowendtalk and the community has helped us. You will never be thanked enough. :)

• ryanarpryanarp Member, Patron Provider

Get better soon @XFS_Duke!

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @XFS_Nicole @XFS_Duke could you please PM me your mailing address? I'd like to ship some Amazon pantry items.

I did what I could before the 15th, but I think some groceries and such would help take stress off bigger bills. Also any requests on what you need from Amazon, etc. just PM me, I'll let you know my email address.

Little close to home as I broke my tibia & have permanent arthritis in my right foot due to our daft healthcare system. Twist: I had full health care at the time, but it's not taken in Hawaii. Went to a doctor who took 3 x-rays but missed a broken tibia. No physical therapy, 2 months later a doctor back on the mainland told me about the tibia. Good thing I didn't walk on it as suggested, things could have been worse.

I don't have time to watch movies / read the books from Amazon, might as well put my Prime account to good use, and was just paid.

PM so I can ship today :)

Thanked by 2Brad XFS_Nicole
  • coolnow said: Land of the free, where breaking your leg can set you back almost $100,000

Yep, don't get sick or hurt here! Health Care, naw man, Health Business.

• @XFS_Duke & @XFS_Nicole Best of luck with the speedy recovery! Keep your heads up, somehow everything finds a way to work out. I sent my buddy Alexander Hamilton your way :)

Thanked by 2XFS_Nicole netomx
  • I have also made a small donation as I can. So happy to know that I am in a group of nice and kind people... who really care about others.. my prayers for him and family and wish speedy recovery.

• Anyone want $7 in BTC or Doge, if they are willing to donate $7 towards the campaign?
    PM me :D