Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

$7 to help someone | XFS_Duke accident, he asks for donations - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

$7 to help someone | XFS_Duke accident, he asks for donations

Comments

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep
    edited September 2014

Done my part :)

Respect to @XFS_Duke & @XFS_Nicole and their family through this hard time.

Alexander

• support123support123 Member
    edited September 2014

@XFS_Nicole @XFS_Duke
    I think if you can come India,treatment will cost you 1/10 of the total you will be paying there.That also in best hospitals in India.If you need any help,please pm me.India is known for medical tourism and I know some of the best hospitals here.The whole treatment would cost 1k to 10k depending on the hospital.

• @ftpit said:
    XFS_Nicole XFS_Duke
    I think if you can come India,treatment will cost you 1/10 of the total you will be paying there.That also in best hospitals in India.If you need any help,please pm me.India is known for medical tourism and I know some of the best hospitals here.The whole treatment would cost 1k to 10k depending on the hospital.

Going there wouldn't solve my issues as I still wouldn't be able to really provide for my family there....

Thank you everyone who donated. I really appreciate it. I'm getting closer and closer to being able to pay a few big bills. Thank you guys!

• Just got a text update from Amazon.

Should be a 50lb pantry box outside... Don't move it yourself!

• @Kris, all arrived and all put up. I appreciate it very much.

Thanked by 1Kris
  • @XFS_Duke said:
    Kris, all arrived and all put up. I appreciate it very much.

hey,

what sort of stuff are you needing? I can have some stuff delivered to you if this helps.

• Quick update. Had my last visit with the doctor. He said my bones were healed enough to start putting weight on it. They denied me for physical therapy due to lack of sufficient insurance so I have to go it alone. I need crutches and a drop foot boot. Everyone's support through this stressful time is appreciated and I thank everyone from the bottom of my heart. I'm running a slight fever for the past 48 hours so I am scheduling a doctors visit tomorrow to see what's going on. Another thing to cost me a lot of money, lovely lol.

Once again, thank everyone who donated or gave me well wishes. The journey is almost over but still a long road left to travel with no PT.

Thanked by 1MCHPhil
  • trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider
    edited September 2014

@XFS_Duke is the money donated to you via gofundme available to you instantly or is PayPal a better option?

Just trying to work out what's the best way to get money to you.

• Both are easy, PayPal has less fees

• If you send via paypal, use the friends and family option. My understanding is there are no fee's on that end. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

• MCHPhil said: If you send via paypal, use the friends and family option. My understanding is there are no fee's on that end. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

I guess that depends on where you send from. I always have to pay the fee (or let the recipient pay the fee).

• MCHPhil said: If you send via paypal, use the friends and family option. My understanding is there are no fee's on that end. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

If your paypal account has money,it is very little charge compared to general payments!!

• @MCHPhil said:
    If you send via paypal, use the friends and family option. My understanding is there are no fee's on that end. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

Free if sender and receiver are in the same country, otherwise there's a 1% fee. Sender can choose who will bear the fee.

• Thanks to everyone who donated. They just took the thread off of an announcement. Spread the word if possible, my battle isn't over. Especially since I can't get physical therapy due to not having insurance... Heh...

• @XFS_Duke Did what I could, I wish you a speedy recovery :)

I saw you posted an offer on your FB page - maybe you should start up an offer thread, I'm sure they'd get some attention.

• I'm about to.

• XFS_Duke said: I'm about to.

I m glad to hear some improvements. Hope you get rid off the fever too and start some kind of therapy for your leg.

Also sent you a PM regarding a professional offer / request, Duke.

• XFS_Duke said: They just took the thread off of an announcement.

Whoops, wrong thread. Meant to remove the other one.

Thanked by 4Kris MCHPhil netomx Pwner
  • Thanks @mpkossen.

Update: I think my fever has broken and this strong antibiotic is working. I'm in less pain and lower temp. Hopefully all is well now. Just have to learn to walk again on my own since PT won't take me due to no insurance... Love it...

Thanked by 1trewq
  • matthewvzmatthewvz Member, Host Rep

@XFS_Duke said:
    Thanks mpkossen.

Update: I think my fever has broken and this strong antibiotic is working. I'm in less pain and lower temp. Hopefully all is well now. Just have to learn to walk again on my own since PT won't take me due to no insurance... Love it...

Take it slow, don't rush into things. Rushing into things usually makes things far worse.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@matthewvz said:
    Take it slow, don't rush into things. Rushing into things usually makes things far worse.

Except therapy. He needs to start doing them asap

• It's sad to hear that, i don't know you or your background but overall you are from us (humans). I wish you to be healthy soon :)

• Being dutch myself, this thread feels extremely weird to me. I wish you all the best with your recovery.

• @ztec said:
    Being dutch myself, this thread feels extremely weird to me. I wish you all the best with your recovery.

United States doesn't have universal healthcare, something along the lines on HMO's.

• Called today about PT. Generally it is $125-$175 per visit with a 12 visit minimum or whatever they said. Yay, still can't afford it, but we'll see how it goes. Donate people! lol Nah but seriously, thanks to everyone who did donate though. Yall have helped me out a LOT.

• ya, its nice that people have been willing to reward your bad behavior. With a wife and 3 kids it was an extremely boneheaded move to keep riding your motorcycle without the right insurance coverage.

Thanked by 2Zigara chauffer
  • Bad behavior? Because I had a motorcycle? How about you don't be a prick and go learn something. It doesn't matter if I was on a motorcycle or not, the fact is that it happened and there is nothing I can do about it. If you want to go troll somewheres, go troll in the middle of a busy interstate you prick. So, from the bottom of my heart, go drop off the face of the earth with your retarded comments.

• hindsight is 20/20, but I do generally agree.

• Plus, not like I have to explain anything to a person like you, I don't have a bunch of extra money floating around to spend $500/month on insurance just in case something happened to me. I rode a motorcycle because it had much better gas mileage than my car, which is a 1979 Camaro Z28 that only gets roughly 5mpg. So, $40 per week vs $150 per week is a much better option. Plus, riding a motorcycle is what I did, I work at a motorcycle shop so I'm around them all the time. It isn't like I asked for some idiot to hit me, it was an accident and shouldn't of happened. Period. So I don't need you coming on here and disrespecting me because of what happened. I didn't ask anyone to reward me, I didn't even start the thread to ask for money. People donate money all the time for cats, or random stuff over the internet and when people need help and can't get help any other way it is a good idea to do a gofundme page and see if you can raise stuff to help out. Plus, clown, it isn't necessarily the insurance that I needed, because the hospital bills are going to be handled, it is my everyday living expenses and the extras that I need to get by that Insurance DOESN'T cover. So, derailing this thread is the last thing someone should do, especially since it doesn't concern you and if you don't want to help out, you don't have to. Not like anyone is forcing you to do it, right?

• I stubbed my toe the other day on the stairs.

Can I have a thread begging for donations too?

Telling people to "drop off the face of the earth" is a sure nice way to show your real self in a thread where it's been nothing but people giving you money.

As for your bills, have you tried financial assistance? I've had 10k+ medical bills completely written off because I'm poor as shit and couldn't pay them.