Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hetzner Online chitchat - Page 27
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hetzner Online chitchat

1212223242527»

Comments

• @Hetzner_OL said:
    Meet our newest efficiency champ! 🚀 Our Dedicated Server AX42, based on AMD Ryzen™ 7 PRO 8700GE octa-core “Phoenix 1” (Zen4) CPU, provides a world of possibilities for AI & ensures smooth multitasking. In addition to a powerful solution, you also get a sustainable option for your server needs. 😏🤝
    Get yours now & you'll be wondering how you ever lived without it!
    https://htznr.li/AX42_let

If you remove setup fee, I will buy it !

• Hetzner_OLHetzner_OL Member, Top Host

Need a storage solution that's both fast and spacious? With our upgraded dedicated storage servers, you get the perfect blend of speed & space for all your storage needs. Our SX-Line combines blazing NVMe speed with colossal HDD space - because who doesn't love a little extra room to spread out? 🚀💾

https://htznr.li/SX_let

• sliixsliix Member

@Hetzner_OL said:
    Meet our newest efficiency champ! 🚀 Our Dedicated Server AX42, based on AMD Ryzen™ 7 PRO 8700GE octa-core “Phoenix 1” (Zen4) CPU, provides a world of possibilities for AI & ensures smooth multitasking. In addition to a powerful solution, you also get a sustainable option for your server needs. 😏🤝
    Get yours now & you'll be wondering how you ever lived without it!
    https://htznr.li/AX42_let

No setup fee offer when? :tongue:

• edited April 30

@hyperblast said:

@Hetzner_OL said:
    Let's bring home the win! 🥇 We’re nominated in this year’s Service Provider Awards - once again! And this time, not in two, but three categories: Cloud Hosting, Cloud Server & Rechenzentrum / Colocation XXL. 😎
    Vote for us until April 5th and help us soar even higher! 🚀
    ➡ https://htznr.li/SPA_let

What do I get if I help?

Why bother? These days Hetzner doesn't care about LET anymore anyways. All they do is have this dumb bot spam bump their thread with generic marketing drivel they've copied from somewhere else. I like Hetzner a lot but this is just shit.

• @Hetzner_OL said:
    Need a storage solution that's both fast and spacious? With our upgraded dedicated storage servers, you get the perfect blend of speed & space for all your storage needs. Our SX-Line combines blazing NVMe speed with colossal HDD space - because who doesn't love a little extra room to spread out? 🚀💾

https://htznr.li/SX_let

Sweet looking good, but will wait till the setup fee is gone. Setup fee is too expensive

• @WhiteRoseG said: Sweet looking good, but will wait till the setup fee is gone. Setup fee is too expensive

Setup fee can be too expensive only if your plan is to use the server for a very short time, say 2 weeks, or 2 months. Which is exactly what they want to disincentivize with the setup fee.

From what I remember, never - not once - has setup fee been waived on SX series. So you might wait forever. :)

If you take SX65 in Germany with IPv4 for example, leasing it for 1 year, it would cost 1308€ + 39€ setup fee (all prices w/o VAT). IOW, having to pay for setup fee increases your effective price by only 3%. I wouldn't classify that as too expensive. Not to mention that if you lease the server for longer, that percentage is even smaller.

Thanked by 1karanchoo
  • @totally_not_banned said: Why bother? These days Hetzner doesn't care about LET anymore anyways. All they do is have this dumb bot spam bump their thread with generic marketing drivel they've copied from somewhere else. I like Hetzner a lot but this is just shit.

Don't blame the company if you cant afford the offering / or you are poor.

Thanked by 12oldheroes
  • edited April 30

@karanchoo said:

@totally_not_banned said: Why bother? These days Hetzner doesn't care about LET anymore anyways. All they do is have this dumb bot spam bump their thread with generic marketing drivel they've copied from somewhere else. I like Hetzner a lot but this is just shit.

Don't blame the company if you cant afford the offering / or you are poor.

Did i somehow hurt your feelings? Martin is that you? :D

P.S.: Noone needs the bot spam to buy Hetzner's servers.

Thanked by 1shruub
  • SashkaProSashkaPro Member

Somebody knows if it is possible to change disks before ordering?
    I mean, AX102 comes with 2x1,92 TB, if it is possible to to change disks to 2x3,84 Tb?

I think that answer is no but may be I'm wrong?

And configure with 2x1,92 + 2x3,84 and then remove 2x1,92 is not possible too.

• CalmDownCalmDown Member

@SashkaPro said:
    I mean, AX102 comes with 2x1,92 TB, if it is possible to to change disks to 2x3,84 Tb?

That is possible, but the price will not be reduced. So you will pay 104 + 82 (2 drives) + VAT.

This was done by me and confirmed by their support long time ago.

Thanked by 1SashkaPro
  • Not_OlesNot_Oles Moderator, Patron Provider

@totally_not_banned said: Why bother? These days Hetzner doesn't care about LET anymore anyways. All they do is have this dumb bot spam bump their thread with generic marketing drivel they've copied from somewhere else. I like Hetzner a lot

I like @totally_not_banned a lot,

but this is just shit.

but this^ is just embarrassing for @totally_not_banned. Maybe, if LETizens were more polite to @Hetzner_OL, they might want to be here live instead of via what could seem like "marketing drivel" and "bot spam."

Recently I got another bare metal server. I received login info approximately two minutes after the order was placed! That was amazing! @Hetzner_OL Have there been changes in the bare metal server delivery process to make it faster?

I was looking at the pricing for additional IPv4s. It seemed that current IPv4 pricing might be lower than a while back! Did pricing for additional IPv4s decrease?

I've only tried Hetzner Cloud a couple of times. Once in a while I log in there and see a listing of recent development milestones. These listings seem well written and informative. I feel like I want to read them again. Can the recent developments listings be accessed directly? How about older development listings -- how long do older development listings remain available?

@Hetzner_OL Thanks for being here with us at LET! I wish you many more years of great success! :star:

• edited May 6

@Not_Oles said:

@totally_not_banned said: Why bother? These days Hetzner doesn't care about LET anymore anyways. All they do is have this dumb bot spam bump their thread with generic marketing drivel they've copied from somewhere else. I like Hetzner a lot

I like @totally_not_banned a lot,

but this is just shit.

but this^ is just embarrassing for @totally_not_banned. Maybe, if LETizens were more polite to @Hetzner_OL, they might want to be here live instead of via what could seem like "marketing drivel" and "bot spam."

Short answer: Highly unlikely. It was their choice to switch from personal engagement to spammy adverts and whenever i praise them (which i actually do quite a bit elsewhere - well, at least i direct a lot of business their way) or not probably won't change anything about it.

I mean, i think you've been around long enough to remember Kate (i think that was her name?) posting here. There was actual conversation in this thread. I'm to lazy to check but i think the posts we are getting now are recycled from Twitter and i haven't seen even a single personalized answer from Hetzner at all (who knows, maybe you'll get one to troll me? ;)).

I was looking at the pricing for additional IPv4s. It seemed that current IPv4 pricing might be lower than a while back! Did pricing for additional IPv4s decrease?

Not that i'd have noticed. IPs used to be 1€/m for the longest time but then they went up and are currently at 1.70€ before VAT. Sadly nothing decreasing here.

Thanked by 2Not_Oles emgh
  • maverickmaverick Member

@SashkaPro said:

They can pull disks out for you, if you insist, but you wouldn't be refunded for them. If 2x3.84 (RAID1?) is your goal, then in this case the better option would be to add 2x1.92 and then build RAID10 over 4x1.92, which would have exactly the same space available, but be faster and cheaper than 2x3.84 RAID1.

@CalmDown said: This was done by me and confirmed by their support long time ago.

@maverick said: If 2x3.84 (RAID1?) is your goal

Thanks guys! Sales dept confirmed that it is possible but without refund for unused disks :(

My goal is to grab AX102/EX101 with 2x3.84 NVME (raid1) and 2x16TB HDD.
    But if I add to cart two hdd's I can't add any other storage.

So I should replace 2x1.92 for 2x3.84 and then I can add 2x16TB HDD.
    But for sure this is too expensive if they can't offer refund for 2x1.92 and I better will go with "one more auction server" I think and deploy vms on two different servers.

• maverickmaverick Member
    edited May 6

@SashkaPro said: My goal is to grab AX102/EX101 with 2x3.84 NVME (raid1) and 2x16TB HDD.
    But if I add to cart two hdd's I can't add any other storage.

In that case AX101, which you can still find in the auction, and which comes with 2x3.84 in the price would be your least expensive option. Unless you absolutely need extra CPU power which comes with AX102.

Thanked by 1SashkaPro

@maverick said: In that case AX101, which you can still find in the auction, and which comes with 2x3.84 in the price would be your least expensive option

Yeah, it seems that is the only way.

Quite bad that hetz removed all hdd except 16TB for 20,5+VAT :(

• emghemgh Member

I agree with @totally_not_banned, semi-automated posting isn’t what forums are made for

Thanked by 2sh97 adly
  • eriseris Member
    edited May 6

It looks like the have reduced the ip setup fee a lot...

https://docs.hetzner.com/general/others/ipv4-pricing

I paid in 2022:

Now it is only € 34.90 setup

• @eris said:
    It looks like the have reduced the ip setup fee a lot...

https://docs.hetzner.com/general/others/ipv4-pricing

I paid in 2022:

Now it is only € 34.90 setup

Ah, the subnets. Yeah, that's a possibility. All i've ordered from them so far is single IPs so i've missed that.

• eriseris Member

Also the non subnets has also been decreased (Setup fee)

The Monthly pricing is still 1.7 euro / piece ...

• @eris said:
    Also the non subnets has also been decreased (Setup fee)

Did they originally have setup fees for single IPs at all? I can't remember paying any but it's been quite a while.

• eriseris Member

Before 2 August 2021 it was probally 1 euro / ip

After that:
    https://web.archive.org/web/20210812172601/https://docs.hetzner.com/general/others/ipv4-pricing/

19,- Setup fee / ip + 1,70 / month

And on 12-01-2023 it got changed to 4,90 / ip setup fee

• edited May 7

@eris said:
    Before 2 August 2021 it was probally 1 euro / ip

After that:
    https://web.archive.org/web/20210812172601/https://docs.hetzner.com/general/others/ipv4-pricing/

19,- Setup fee / ip + 1,70 / month

And on 12-01-2023 it got changed to 4,90 / ip setup fee

I see. I guess that explains why i didn't notice it. When i rented additional IPs they were still 1€ a pop. I have to say that i find the setup costs a little ridiculous - even the discounted 4,90€ fee. It seems kind of greedy when people already have to put up with 1,70€ recurring (which is actually >2€ for pretty much anyone unlucky enough having to pay VAT) and increased server/VM costs in general (if i remember correctly the smallest cloud instance used to be something like <2,50€ - now it's practically doubled).

I kind of understand that Hetzner is probably a bit sick of all the cheapskate clients and has done the math regarding losing some of them vs. increased revenue due to price hikes but it might still be somewhat risky to mess with a tried and true formula of ~25 years.

Thanked by 1adly
  • eriseris Member

The 19 euro / ip setup fee was pure madness for maybe 2 min work..

• edited May 7

@eris said:
    maybe 2 min work

Maybe in very bold letters. I wouldn't be surprised if the whole thing was actually automated anyways.

• labzelabze Member, Patron Provider

@totally_not_banned said:

@eris said:
    maybe 2 min work

Maybe in very bold letters. I wouldn't be surprised if the whole thing was actually automated anyways.

It is

• edited May 7

I guess if i need more IPs on a Hetzner server again somewhere in the future i'll seriously have to consider going with a noez.de GRE tunnel. The major drawback is the 1TB traffic limit but it's 1TB/IP shared across all IPs rented so one might still get a somewhat nice chunk at 1€/IP and no setup at all (if i remember correctly).

Well, OK, at that point one might probably also just get a ton of Strato/IONOS/... 1€ VPS and route traffic through them. Same effect with no (strict) traffic limits.

• LeviLevi Member

Hetz dropped this:

The true titan of this storage server trio is the SX295, which features the AMD EPYC™ 7502P 32-core “Rome” (Zen2) CPU. With its totally massive 2 x 7.68 TB (Gen4) NVMe Datacenter Edition SSDs and 14 x 22 TB SATA HDDs <...> SX295 costs from just € 384.00 a month or € 0.6154 an hour plus a one-time setup fee of € 79.00.

384 EUR for ~307 TB it is 1.25 EUR per TB of storage. Decent pricing in my POV.