Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HAZI.ro | Performance drops expected tomorrow for VPSs in Romania - Page 19
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HAZI.ro | Performance drops expected tomorrow for VPSs in Romania

Comments

• LeviLevi Member

@marian said:

@FlorinMarian said: I won't announce anything else here, so what else if not trolling?

how will customers know when problems have been solved if you don't post it on LET?

Of course with the new topic. Exposure, either it is bad or good is still exposure.

Thanked by 2marian yoursunny
  • @Arkas said: This thread will be closed if the trolling continues.

I dare you!!!

This is the most fun thread on LET at the moment.

Just when I thought it was starting to get dry...it booms up again

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited January 10

@marian said:

@FlorinMarian said: I won't announce anything else here, so what else if not trolling?

how will customers know when problems have been solved if you don't post it on LET?

He will send letters with the dogs.

Thanked by 1marian
  • CalinCalin Member, Patron Provider

Please no @Arkas i'm want finish eat all popcorn

• AndreixAndreix Member, Host Rep
    edited January 10

@Calin said:
    Please no @Arkas i'm want finish eat all popcorn

Look in your own garden.

# cociustyle.

@Andreix said: # cociustyle.

>

My i'm have Dark Magic , no Bad Sisters :wink:

Regards

• tentortentor Member, Patron Provider

@Calin said: My i'm have Dark Magic

You mean you've casted DDoS?

Thanked by 1yoursunny

@tentor said: You mean you've casted DDoS?

>

Dark magic at make cheap prices!

• LeviLevi Member

@tentor said:

Holy shit that would be a major plot twist. Calin pumping florin to eliminate from the game :o

Thanked by 2tentor Andreix
  • AndreixAndreix Member, Host Rep
    edited January 10

@Calin said:

@Andreix said: # cociustyle.

>

My i'm have Dark Magic , no Bad Sisters :wink:

Regards

@Levi said:

@tentor said:

Holy shit that would be a major plot twist. Calin pumping florin to eliminate from the game :o

We need to know who is Jose Armando! ASAP!

Thanked by 1host_c
  • LexLex Member

Guys, just change the category from Outage to Offtopic, both are true for this thread though.

• LeviLevi Member

@Lex said:
    Guys, just change the category from Outage to Offtopic, both are true for this thread though.

After first derail message this topic should be split into separate topic in "offtopic" category. Leave info only about outage.

Thanked by 1Calin
  • And the winner of the most talked about provider of January 2024 goes to…🤝 master marketing from @FlorinMarian

• KrisKris Member
    edited January 10

Master marketing?

That's like saying the Titan submersible was good marketing from Oceangate.

Godspeed at OVH @FlorinMarian

Thanked by 3MannDude host_c Lex
  • MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

@Kris said:
    Master marketing?

That's like saying the Titan submersible was good marketing from Oceangate.

Who heard of Oceangate before the incident?

All press is good press, or something.

Checkmate.

/s

• host_chost_c Member, Patron Provider
    edited January 10

How ever will I enjoy my morning coffee tomorrow if this get's pulled down.

@Arkas seriously, just LET it to bloom for a while. <3

All jokes aside, I really ( underline really ) want to see the outcome of this, as my money is on the Orange ISP mess up. :)

Thanked by 2lewellyn Calin
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

Waiting @FatGrizzly to release https://hazi.romania.rip .
    Subdomain for reduced cost.

Thanked by 1FatGrizzly
  • LeviLevi Member

@yoursunny said:

Is it also reserved for ihostart? :D

• @host_c said:
    How ever will I enjoy my morning coffee tomorrow if this get's pulled down.

@Arkas seriously, just LET it to bloom for a while. <3

All jokes aside, I really ( underline really ) want to see the outcome of this, as my money is on the Orange ISP mess up. :)

Same. I'm not buying DDoS from the bits and pieces provided. Provider fuckery is definitely on my bingo card in a few varieties, though.

However, with the information in this thread, he's kind of invited future attacks by providing some very key information on a silver platter.

So, whether this thread lives or dies, this is basically guaranteed to not be the end of this drama.

Thanked by 1host_c
  • host_chost_c Member, Patron Provider
    edited January 10

what info? i only saw tengigabitethernet 1/** and a few ********

Ah fuck, it just hit me, he has a picture with the router/L3 switch of the isp in some thread also.

@FlorinMarian , from the ISP thingy, you have only 1 link in your L3 switch, not 2 like one SFP+ and one RJ45, you have only one link right?

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate
    edited January 10

@Levi said:

@yoursunny said:

Is it also reserved for ihostart? :D

In alphabetical order:

• https://ihostart.romania.rip
    • https://hazi.romania.rip/5-for-yoursunny.mp4
    • https://host-c.romania.rip
    • https://hostsolutions.romania.rip
    • https://mserver.romania.rip
    Thanked by 2Levi Calin
  • @host_c said:
    what info? i only saw tengigabitethernet 1/** and a few ********

Ah fuck, it just hit me, he has a picture with the router/L3 switch of the isp in some thread also.

@FlorinMarian , from the ISP thingy, you have only 1 link in your L3 switch, not 2 like one SFP+ and one RJ45, you have only one link right?

I don't want to make it easy for future searchers. But he did put some interesting information out there.

• emghemgh Member

Can we all agree to vote Hazi as best provider in the next provider poll, just for fun?

• @emgh said:
    Can we all agree to vote Hazi as best provider in the next provider poll, just for fun?

I would do it unironically

• emghemgh Member

@Moopah said:

@emgh said:

I would do it unironically

They have given me more joy compared to any other, so I figured in a way, yes

• alfatarsosalfatarsos Member
    edited January 11

If it was me, 40% packet loss on the network would be an immediate contract cancellation if it wasn't sorted out shortly. Please remember me on never having a contract with Orange Romania, please.

I'm amazed by the fact that, 19 pages later, no one actually asked some things... I do realize we all love some drama, but let me write some questions:

• if it's DDoS and protection is expensive, bla bla bla, what about trying X4B? How come no one remembered mentioning that one for his specific case? (Or even Serverus or CosmicGuard!)
    • Why not simply changing IPs or redirecting traffic for the affected IPs through a VPS that has DDoS protection? At roughly 1/2 euros per month is it that expensive?
    • Why on Earth didn't you have fastnetmon installed and for that to happen it actually took days? Fastnetmon has 40 Gbps of protection on the community edition.
    • How come you don't have any WAF or any rules implemented? Or any freaking minimal way of analyzing traffic deep enough to understand what is at stake?

I mean, c'mon, those aren't that expensive... With the money you do from VPS's, how come you don't get any kind of DDoS protection?

I think, at this point, that having routed services to Amsterdam and ping increase is very much better than having nothing at all. It has been a full week, for goodness sake... but okay.

• KrisKris Member
    edited January 11

@alfatarsos said: I'm amazed by the fact that, 19 pages later, no one actually asked some things... I do realize we all love some drama, but let me write some questions:

if it's DDoS and protection is expensive, bla bla bla, what about trying X4B? How come no one remembered mentioning that one for his specific case? (Or even Serverus or CosmicGuard!) Why not simply changing IPs or redirecting traffic for the affected IPs through a VPS that has DDoS protection? At roughly 1/2 euros per month is it that expensive? Why on Earth didn't you have fastnetmon installed and for that to happen it actually took days? Fastnetmon has 40 Gbps of protection on the community edition. How come you don't have any WAF or any rules implemented? Or any freaking minimal way of analyzing traffic deep enough to understand what is at stake?

You literally reiterated what I tried beating into him over 19 pages.

1) X4B charges for traffic per TB, this would not be cheap. I recommended Path, which he didn't bother asking for any discount. @dbContext recommended someone at 100 euros per month, too much.

2) I suggested leveraging BYOIP from OVH, which he had partially setup + GRE tunnel. He announced on his site we would be doing this, then for undisclosed technical reasons would not be doing this the next day.

3) Were you reading the thread? I mentioned this piece of software around half a dozen times at least. He finally got it installed. I had to continuously mention it was free and literally link to a Linux shell install page, a few days later he got to it when we all got suspicious it was just line issues, not an attack.

4) He thinks his home brew L7 solution (1/5 chance) is better than other technology.

• @Kris said:

@alfatarsos said: I'm amazed by the fact that, 19 pages later, no one actually asked some things... I do realize we all love some drama, but let me write some questions:

if it's DDoS and protection is expensive, bla bla bla, what about trying X4B? How come no one remembered mentioning that one for his specific case? (Or even Serverus or CosmicGuard!) Why not simply changing IPs or redirecting traffic for the affected IPs through a VPS that has DDoS protection? At roughly 1/2 euros per month is it that expensive? Why on Earth didn't you have fastnetmon installed and for that to happen it actually took days? Fastnetmon has 40 Gbps of protection on the community edition. How come you don't have any WAF or any rules implemented? Or any freaking minimal way of analyzing traffic deep enough to understand what is at stake?

You literally reiterated what I tried beating into him over 19 pages.

1) X4B charges for traffic per TB, this would not be cheap. I recommended Path, which he didn't both asking for any discount, and @dbContext recommended someone at 100 euros per month, too much.

2) I suggested leveraging BYOIP from OVH, which he had partially setup + GRE tunnel. He announced on his site we would be doing this, then for undisclosed technical reasons would not be doing this the next day.

3) Were you reading the thread? I mentioned this piece of software around half a dozen times at least. He finally got it installed.

4) He thinks his home brew L7 solution (1/5 chance) is better than other technology.

1) Oh, something must've happenned then. I read the topic over the span of some days, could have missed some replies for some weird reason... it gets me even more amazed though. I mean, it isn't that expensive. The alternative is far worse. Even with limited clean bandwidth having this would be much better.

2) That's... weird.

3) That part I did see. And I did see he either ignored or didn't follow suit on that one. Hence me phrasing as "why on Earth" etc etc etc... I'm shocked by this.

4) That one I didn't catch and it's simply... ridiculous. So, all other companies are producing WAFs for nothing, eh?

I've actually realized I've written "no one asked that before" and then proceeded to resume or criticize starting precisely from what has been said LOL

My apologies! I'll get some sleep...

Thanked by 2Kris host_c
  • emghemgh Member

@Kris Yeah, the 1/5 chance (I mentioned that priorly) from what I can tell, regardless of IP repuation, is just stupid tbh

Thanked by 1Kris
  • KrisKris Member

@alfatarsos said: My apologies! I'll get some sleep...

Was probably the one good suggestion to me in this thread lol.

This thread has aged me a little bit, I think it was the first few pages when I first suggested it, then kept suggesting it as we went on. After pages it seems instead of this DC he's going to ditch it for OVH.

The GRE tunnel back out from OVH is very weird, he put in for technical reasons he will not disclose he won't use the simplest and cheapest solution with 50ms overhead inbound for OVH. Still confused.

When all this started he put his 'bachelor thesis' L7 solution in front of his site, which isn't great for Layer 3 attacks, but I digress.

It's weird because I've used CloudFlare to protect a highly botted site (holiday BTC ransom) in front of a server without a load balancer and it stood up, albeit 30 or so custom rules.

But apparently pulling an airplane over an airplane is better.

I wanted this guy to do anything right in this thread, but I'm just sad. And someone thought I wanted cash from him or a job. Shoot me.