Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

dedipath Closure of Business - Page 8
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

dedipath Closure of Business

Comments

• VPSSLIMVPSSLIM Patron Provider, Veteran

Anybody who needs a NVMe VPS or a Dedicated Server or Colocation in The Netherlands.... send me a PM. For now it's most important to get your data out. So the first 7 days we'll offer our services for free for the Dedipath refugees. If you want to stay after that we can of course discuss that, if not, we were at least able to help you somehow.

We will match your current price.

Of course you need to provide proof of invoice from DediPath so we know you've got services there.

• I still believe this is just a bad dream and we are all in a Matrix. Time to take the blue pill.

• LeviLevi Member

Well, tomorrow summer will be over technicaly. So, time is good for deadpool in shame.

Thanked by 1msallak1
  • georgedatacentergeorgedatacenter Member, Patron Provider

Dear Valued Dedipath Customers,

I wanted to personally reach out to you with heartfelt concern and a commitment to maintaining our professional relationship.

I have been actively engaging with a wide network of industry leaders and vendors, seeking the best possible solutions that align with your needs. While none of us anticipated finding ourselves in this predicament, please rest assured that every effort is being made to ensure a smooth process for you.

In light of the developments, I wanted to share some crucial information regarding the services you currently enjoy with us, as well as potential alternatives and partnerships.

Bare Metal Customers:
    Your data's security is of paramount importance. To that end, I strongly advise you to initiate an immediate backup of your valuable data. We have engaged with Limestone Networks, who are ready to offer exclusive heavily, discounted bare metal backups. Moreover, they are equipped with immediately available bare metal capacity to address any urgent requirements. Limestone Networks has agreed to assist with migration costs for our valued customers. I encourage you to reach out to Limestone Networks at your earliest convenience. You can contact them via email at [email protected] or engage with their live chat feature at limestonenetworks.com.

Colocation Customers:

For our esteemed colocation customers, I urge you to prioritize the safeguarding of your data by initiating backup procedures without delay in which Limestone Networks backup solutions can help. In this regard, I have personally engaged with Evocative, who have expressed their willingness to directly accommodate our customers. This includes a range of services, from single-slot colocation to full rack and multi-rack solutions. To address your immediate colocation needs, please connect with the relevant parties below:

Full Rack/Multi Rack: [email protected]
    For Less Than Full rack: [email protected]

Regarding Flexential locations we are working with Flexential and have a verbal that they will not be shutting down services and will work with our customers to accommodate colocation services and or equipment retrieval. We will have a follow up email later today with an additional update.

As we navigate through this challenging period together, I want to extend my deepest gratitude for the loyalty and trust you have placed in DediPath. While the current circumstances are not what any of us anticipated, I want to reassure you that we are fully committed to taking care of our customers to the best of our abilities.

If you have any questions, concerns, or require further assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out to our dedicated support team.

• John_MJohn_M Member, Patron Provider

Yeah, it's confirmed. Hope their clients will migrate smoothly.

• rug.

• @georgedatacenter said: want to extend my deepest gratitude for the loyalty and trust you have placed in DediPath.

f**c you

not you george, i mean dedicrap

• georgedatacentergeorgedatacenter Member, Patron Provider

FROM Evocative

Yes those locations are managed by Evocative Data Centers. As we receive more information we will update you. I am sending you the first notice we have been sending Dedipath's customers.

We were made aware this morning of the current status of Dedipath and we’re sorry to hear that this has impacted your business.

Please do NOT show up at any of our data centers as you will NOT be let in. Evocative is working with Dedipath to validate hardware and ownership and we will work out a plan to provide your equipment to you.

If you are a Dedipath colocation customer, please contact [email protected] to discuss alternative arrangements for your environment.

If you are a Dedipath Dedicated Server customer, please contact [email protected] to discuss server options.

Evocative will be keeping your ticket open and will send out updates via this ticket.

• ntlxntlx Member

@raindog308 said:

@ceplavia said: I LOVE RCLONE

Been using it for all kinds of backups for years. Agree it's awesome.

Absolutely. rclone + backblaze b2 buckets (S3 compatible storage I have set up to auto-configure with a script when I need it) and some other storage options like Cloudflare's R2 and my local NAS storage = the best.

Even when I'm on Windows, I found an awesome little app called RaiDrive which will literally work with just about anything you can throw at it...from google drive to sftp to webDAV to S3 buckets to synology NAS to digital ocean block storage, etc. Dozens of options, can mount em as a virtual or network drive right in Windows, makes backing up a breeze.

Couldn't recommend more strongly that people set up some kind of cronjob to backup important files or do a system image and pipe it out to 2 different types of storage/storage providers, automatically every day or whatever you prefer. Even better if you set up versioning like you can do in Backblaze so you won't have to constantly be worried that you're potentially missing a lot of files somehow (I'm sure versioning works in other platforms as well, I'm just most familiar with Backblaze as they were the cheapest with the features I wanted at the time and have the option of getting a physical drive if you need it, which really speeds things up when you're dealing with a ton of video like I usually am).

I know it's nice to think that everyone is running some kind of RAID setup and have everything backed up, but I know that's not true...some of us like to live on the wild side, and have eventually learned this lesson the hard way.

Anyway, hope that anyone who is dealing with this crap from Dedipath are able to get their issues sorted out without too much hassle. If anyone needs a hand dealing with like, carrying/moving stuff or whatever, I live nearby some of the DCs in the LA area - specifically near Redondo which I saw listed, and am happy to assist for free just shoot me a DM

Thanked by 3sebkehl dedicados bdl
  • Hivelocity_SalesHivelocity_Sales Member, Patron Provider
    edited August 2023

We hate to hear that customers are being impacted so suddenly. We have 2 data centers in Dallas and 40+ more locations to choose from. Based on Dedipath's offerings, we have these two servers starting at $40/mo that are comparable.
    https://store.hivelocity.net/product/2332/customize
    https://store.hivelocity.net/product/2331/customize

If you are looking for something different start a chat with our sales team on our site or email [email protected]

• Finally moved one WordPress WooCommerce site to @crunchbits server. Two more to go!

Thanked by 2crunchbits dedicados
  • JohnSHJohnSH Member, Patron Provider

We here at ServerHub are shocked and saddened by the recent news of the fate of DediPath, In Dallas we have 2 data centers and additionally 10+ locations globally.

We do have inventory of servers that are similar to Dedipath and have about 150+ E3 servers in inventory that we have made available for customers in need.

If there is anyone that needs help with this please feel free to reach out to our sales team at [email protected]

Thanked by 1dedicados
  • LeviLevi Member

Schocked and saddened to absorb refugees? Ffs, be honest and just don't pretend you care. Disgusting.

/rage

• yongsikleeyongsiklee Member, Patron Provider

@Moopah said:
    Good thing I only purchase servers for idling, no need to worry about backups, migrations, or deadpools.

Nice. But I still do regular backups of idlers both in house and off-site. It feels good.

• FlorinMarianFlorinMarian Member, Host Rep

I remember how some people laughed at me for wanting to make a "datacenter at home".
    Like it's not so funny anymore, right?

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • KrisKris Member

@FlorinMarian said: Like it's not so funny anymore, right?

No, it is pretty funny still.

You kept a server in economy mode and didn't burn-in test it.

These two things are unrelated.

• MumblyMumbly Member
    edited August 2023

@FlorinMarian said: I remember how some people laughed at me for wanting to make a "datacenter at home".

I was just thinking about this. You're the safest option and guarantee to not run away, after all your grandparents live in a datacenter!

• Shocking news indeed. And we’re sorry to learn so many people were put in such an uneasy situation.

At Sharktech we have 4 Datacenters:
    Los Angeles
    Denver
    Chicago (really log ping to the New York area)
    Amsterdam

We’ve been in business for over 20 years and had no significant outages since 2019.
    If you need a place to land, we can help.

Contact us at
    [email protected]
    Through our Live Chat on our website
    Or me personally at [email protected]
    We’ll match your Dedipath offering with the right service and add Acronis backup to it for your peace of mind.

Thanked by 1dedicados
  • FlorinMarianFlorinMarian Member, Host Rep

@Kris said:

@FlorinMarian said: Like it's not so funny anymore, right?

No, it is pretty funny still.

You kept a server in economy mode and didn't burn-in test it.

These two things are unrelated.

If running in power save mode and the predictability of your business are equally essential things, then it is clear that I have a problem with the perspective from which I see things.
    Thanks for the comment anyway.

@Mumbly said:

@FlorinMarian said: I remember how some people laughed at me for wanting to make a "datacenter at home".

I was just thinking about this. You're the safest option and guarantee to not run away, after all your grandparents live in a datacenter!

Parents, grandparents are dead.

• OK, I am sorry, parents then.

• SparkedPaulSparkedPaul Member, Patron Provider

We have a half rack with DediPath, looking for immediate solutions

@HostEONS said:
    If anybody needs VPS in LA, NY, SaltLake, Miami, Dallas, Portland (Coming Soon) you can try us, we are one of the providers who proactively migrated out of DP before this mess happened and it was not a small migration, we are talking about 9000+ VM ... so we are going to stay in business :)

Coupon code: 30OFF to get flat 30% OFF on all VPS Packages on 1 year billing cycle + double BW + Free 10G Port upgrade

Sent y'all an email

• jfreak53jfreak53 Member, Patron Provider

@SparkedPaul said:

We have space available for immediate Colo www.microtronixdc.com

• jonathanspwjonathanspw Member, Host Rep

@SparkedPaul said:

What location?

LA

@jonathanspw said:

@SparkedPaul said:

What location?

• Don_KeedicDon_Keedic Member
    edited August 2023

@LTniger said:
    Schocked and saddened to absorb refugees? Ffs, be honest and just don't pretend you care. Disgusting.

/rage

Everyone grieves differently...

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@SparkedPaul said:
    LA

@jonathanspw said:

@SparkedPaul said:

What location?

Talk to @qps.

Francisco

Thanked by 1qps
  • qpsqps Member, Host Rep

@SparkedPaul said: We have a half rack with DediPath, looking for immediate solutions

DM me, or Skype (user: QuickPacket), or Discord (user: qps)

@qps said:

@SparkedPaul said: We have a half rack with DediPath, looking for immediate solutions

DM me, or Skype (user: QuickPacket), or Discord (user: qps)

FQ Sent on Discord

Thanked by 1qps
  • @HostEONS said:
    If anybody needs VPS in LA, NY, SaltLake, Miami, Dallas, Portland (Coming Soon) you can try us, we are one of the providers who proactively migrated out of DP before this mess happened and it was not a small migration, we are talking about 9000+ VM ... so we are going to stay in business :)

Coupon code: 30OFF to get flat 30% OFF on all VPS Packages on 1 year billing cycle + double BW + Free 10G Port upgrade

Can I order a LA vps and ask for moving to Portland when available?