Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

dedipath Closure of Business - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

dedipath Closure of Business

Comments

• @stefeman said:

@stefeman said:
    Apparently fake according to the support personel via discord.

Update, he just got fired via email.

Wtf

Post discord link please

• @Gravely said: Tomorrow's uptime monitors are going to have a field day and be as RED as my crypto

Heads up for @HBAndrei so when they see elevated error rates they won't panic that much, lol.

• Confirmed via Live chat on https://dedipath.com/

Thanked by 2Kebab pepa65
  • bdlbdl Member
    edited August 2023

@Moopah said:
    Good thing I only purchase servers for idling, no need to worry about backups, migrations, or deadpools.

idle cycles deserve backups too!

Thanked by 1dedicados
  • bdlbdl Member

@Gravely said:
    Confirmed via Live chat on https://dedipath.com/

Oof #dodopath

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • Their website doesn't even redirects to https when opened with http. Looks like their website is compromised?

• jfreak53jfreak53 Member, Patron Provider
    edited August 2023

@HostMayo said:
    Is there any company that can accomodate us with urgent colo requirements for servers located in NY and LA centres.

We can! Message me requirements, we'll get racks setup ASAP to accommodate! :smile: We got the room and bandwidth, no prob.

www.microtronixdc.com

We have a 10% off sale right now through labor day as well for new colo orders: https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/188343/labor-day-colo-discounts-at-microtronix-dc-ohio-free-ddos-protection-unmetered-bw-up-to-100g

Thanked by 1Ouji
  • @Advin It looks like your ASN AS206216 is listed as a downstream of Dedipath. Are you impacted in any way?

• @titaniumboy said:
    Their website doesn't even redirects to https when opened with http. Looks like their website is compromised?

A lot of websites don't have HTTP->HTTPS redirects, it's part of why I use HTTPS-only mode in browsers

• deadpath

• Holy.. Dedipath ad just rolling around merrily in the footer :D

• @Gravely said:
    Tomorrow's uptime monitors are going to have a field day and be as RED as my crypto

I am glad I ditched the 2-month trial of hosting my Uptime monitoring SaaS with them. No way AWS is going to close down in a day!

Thanked by 2SirFoxy homelabber
  • jonbeardjonbeard Member, Patron Provider
    edited August 2023

If anyone is needing to remove hardware in Dallas, we have a team local on standby that can assist with relocating your hardware. Whether its to us or assisting in shipping out, or dropping off at another facility, we are here to help anyway we can. Please reach out to myself directly.

I also noticed that Ernie Quick left about 2 months ago to go work at Limestone I believe.

• F

Thanked by 1bdl
  • If anyone has some hardware they'd like removed in Dallas for free, let me know. I need some free homelab gear :D

Thanked by 2yoursunny niranjan
  • Just half a days notice

@SirFoxy said:

@MallocVoidstar said:
    <24 hour warning makes it look obviously fake, I don't see how they'd get away with that without a bunch of lawsuits

There wouldn't be anything left to collect if they've let things deteriorate to the point of a 24-hour closure.

With bills possibly going unpaid about a month ago, causing 3 locations to temporarily go out... idk, not incredibly far-fetched.

Notably at the end of the month before a new billing cycle starts (if true).

When dealing direct with datacenters, you generally can go 4-5 months before they turn access off. Its still a couple months past that when they actually turn off power/network. Then you just get hassled by their legal department. This is standard practice in American datacenters atleast.

• The writing on the wall... tragic. Respect to the providers that jumped out a month earlier saving their customers.

Thanked by 1HostEONS
  • MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

Giving less than 24 hours to migrate data should be a criminal act in it's own.

We've got spare capacity in Liberty Lake, Washington at this time for VMs and hopefully have a small handful of blade servers ready to go in Kansas City this weekend as well.

Drop a ticket if you need something special.

• wdmgwdmg Member, LIR

@jonbeard said: When dealing direct with datacenters, you generally can go 4-5 months before they turn access off.

Not necessarily true. Some providers (e.g., Equinix) are very quick to cut off, especially in popular datacenters where cab space is limited, it's all about a quick shift. That said, Equinix in particular is very open to making payment arrangements with most clients who have a general history of paying on time with minimal exceptions.

Thanked by 2jonbeard sebkehl
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited August 2023

Giving only one day to migrate is almost the same with pulling the plug. At least it is not a Sunday...

From the business point of view, they should have known the accounts were empty long ago, what such a delay to the last 24 hours could have possibly accomplished?
    At least a week could have been provided.

Any talk of a refund? Or just be happy if you could get your gear out...

Thanked by 3jonbeard HostEONS bdl

@wdmg said:

@jonbeard said: When dealing direct with datacenters, you generally can go 4-5 months before they turn access off.

Not necessarily true. Some providers (e.g., Equinix) are very quick to cut off, especially in popular datacenters where cab space is limited, it's all about a quick shift. That said, Equinix in particular is very open to making payment arrangements with most clients who have a general history of paying on time with minimal exceptions.

Equinix in Infomart (where Dedipath is in Dallas, specifically in Flexentials space) also charges $1,000/mo/XC which is absolutely retarded, but I guess everyone is in the business to make money lol

• HostEONSHostEONS Member, Patron Provider

@Maounique said:
    Giving only one day to migrate is almost the same with pulling the plug. At least it is not a Sunday...

From the business point of view, they should have known the accounts were empty long ago, what such a delay to the last 24 hours could have possibly accomplished?

REFUND ? What REFUND ... Just worried about gear for now ...

Thanked by 2yoursunny SirFoxy
  • LeviLevi Member

Noice. Still selling like hot cakes: https://dedipath.com/summer-sale-2023

• georgedatacentergeorgedatacenter Member, Patron Provider

@HostEONS said:

@Maounique said:

REFUND ? What REFUND ... Just worried about gear for now ...

the important thing here is to remove the hardware

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited August 2023

@HostEONS said: Just worried about gear for now ...

Yeah, I was figuring that much...
    The problem might get uglier if the gear is impounded somehow, you would have to prove it is yours and that might be difficult without DP's cooperation. IMO invoices specifying colocation and rack numbers, etc. should suffice, but if this descends into chaos, the gear might be removed and deposited without numbering etc. It might be hard to prove who owns what.

Thanked by 1pepa65
  • If anyone needs any hardware urgently, we've got capacity in San Francisco, and London.

Sorry to see this - however the writing was on the wall

• HostEONSHostEONS Member, Patron Provider

@Maounique said:

@HostEONS said: Just worried about gear for now ...

Yeah, I was figuring that much...
    The problem might get uglier if the gear is impounded somehow, you would have to prove it is yours.

For now it's all RACKED, and online, have emailed them, can even take a RACK with them, lets see what they say

• @LTniger said:
    Noice. Still selling like hot cakes: https://dedipath.com/summer-sale-2023

I can't get anything to go to an actual checkout page. Some stuff shows as in-stock but trying to add it to cart triggers a redirect to the homepage.

• KrisKris Member

If anyone has servers colo'd in Secaucus that they need picked up soon & shipped, I'm nearby.

Used to refurbish & ship NetActuate's hypervisors to numerous global locations from LA using double wall boxes, expanding foam pouches on the sides and top, so they'll easily make it across the US, or any other DC nearby.