Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ivacy Lifetime VPN Deal down to 18$ - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Ivacy Lifetime VPN Deal down to 18$

Comments

• @farsighter said:

@foudre said:
    Hello,
    The discount is expired ?
    Thanks

and listing removed from Stacksocial.
    Not sure what the story is.

I believe it might have something to do with people complaining about the "lifetime" aspect of the offer, plus Stacksocial trying to avoid such overhead on their own support.

• @ankittulsian said: Update: Ivacy upgraded my account for another 5 years and have mentioned in the ticket that I can extend it further in the future. I linked this thread in the ticket and raised a feedback on trust pilot. I think they know people are not happy with their 5 years = lifetime.

Same here. Got another five years without discussion about a forthnight ago.
    Wrote them via chat and they reacivated the account for another five years in seconds.
    (stacksocial lifetime)

• @Ananchoreta said:

@ankittulsian said: Update: Ivacy upgraded my account for another 5 years and have mentioned in the ticket that I can extend it further in the future. I linked this thread in the ticket and raised a feedback on trust pilot. I think they know people are not happy with their 5 years = lifetime.

Wrote them via chat and they reacivated the account for another five years in seconds.
    (stacksocial lifetime)

Thank you. It seems they changed their attitude regarding this offer.

• @default said:

@Ananchoreta said:

@ankittulsian said: Update: Ivacy upgraded my account for another 5 years and have mentioned in the ticket that I can extend it further in the future. I linked this thread in the ticket and raised a feedback on trust pilot. I think they know people are not happy with their 5 years = lifetime.

(stacksocial lifetime)

Thank you. It seems they changed their attitude regarding this offer.

Changed or were made to change their attitude regarding the deal (Trustpilot reviews, Stacksocial). But yeah, at least people are getting their lifetime now. Or at least another 5 years, whereafter we'll again have to see..

Thanked by 1default
  • Interestingly in the app my account still says it is active till February '23. On their site the next due date is correct. If it lasts another 5 years the 16$ were well spend.

Till now only RA4WVPN of my lifetime subscriptions died without even last words. (Which had a working port forwarding.)

• bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2023

the port forwarding is actually quite generous considering you can use all ports. i have it on a cheap VPS that i’m using as a seedbox. i was having trouble with openvpn though so i’m using ikev2

only problem is purevpn has no torrenting servers anywhere near north america that also support port forwarding

• @Ananchoreta said:
    Interestingly in the app my account still says it is active till February '23. On their site the next due date is correct. If it lasts another 5 years the 16$ were well spend.

Till now only RA4WVPN of my lifetime subscriptions died without even last words. (Which had a working port forwarding.)

Yeah, RA4W is also the only ltd that died out for me and I don't really count it, since I basically never used it.

• qquccsqquccs Member
    edited April 2023

@Ananchoreta said:
    Interestingly in the app my account still says it is active till February '23. On their site the next due date is correct. If it lasts another 5 years the 16$ were well spend.

lifetime subscriptions died:LightyearVPN,Boxne SSD Hosting,CasVPN,TigerVPN,RA4W VPN

• NanjaNanja Member
    edited April 2023

Windscribe just emailed me $29/year right now for their Pro reoccurring.
    It's not lifetime, but it's a great deal. Offer Valid til May 1st

https://windscribe.com/upgrade?promo=BIRTHDAY&pcpid=2023_anniversary2_email

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • And what did you think about this deal ?
    Slick lifetime subscription -> 19$
    https://stacksocial.com/sales/slickvpn-lifetime-subscription

• bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep

@foudre said:
    And what did you think about this deal ?

it’s not half as good as ivacy so i’d say not worth it

• @foudre said:

I'd also skip it. Ivacy is likely way better.

• guys any good VPN deals to buy now?

• @nokstar said:
    guys any good VPN deals to buy now?

Keepsolid for 100$ if still available. Solid lifetime.
    If you didn't get it for cheap on Stacksocial, get it now before they'll remove it some time, too.

• @Ympker said:

@nokstar said:

If you didn't get it for cheap on Stacksocial, get it now before they'll remove it some time, too.

link to the offer?

• @nokstar said:

@Ympker said:

@nokstar said:

link to the offer?

Unfortunately it seems it currently is back to 199$ again. But I'm sure they'll do another 99$ sale sometime. Keep track of this page: https://www.vpnunlimited.com/lifetime

They have stopped offering lifetime on Stacksocial, and not because they got bad reviews (like Ivacy). They are very stable and performant VPN provider, but they only sell lifetime on their own Homepage now (before on stacksocial was 39.99$ or sometimes even 15$).

• @Ympker said:

@nokstar said:

@Ympker said:

@nokstar said:

link to the offer?

Unfortunately it seems it currently is back to 199$ again. But I'm sure they'll do another 99$ sale sometime. Keep track of this page: https://www.vpnunlimited.com/lifetime

They have stopped offering lifetime on Stacksocial, and not because they got bad reviews (like Ivacy). They are very stable and performant VPN provider, but they only sell lifetime on their own Homepage now (before on stacksocial was 39.99$ or sometimes even 15$).

Too bad missed it. Is this any good?
    https://stacksocial.com/sales/lifetime-of-bulletvpn

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited April 2023

@bruh21 said:

@foudre said:

it’s not half as good as ivacy so i’d say not worth it

I have not tested SlickVPN. I guess it works. Upon some investigations the address behind it is in USA.

Keep in mind every VPN sold on Stacksocial now works. Nobody knows about the future. One can see it as an investment, or as a gamble.

In my opinion there will always be lifetimes. Even if some companies will fall, other investors will create startups to take their place and sell their own lifetimes. So it is more a matter of perspective for you as a consumer, since obviously you wish to buy the "longest" and the "strongest" lifetime, as you wish to feel good as consumer but also small investor who benefits more from their own investment in lifetimes.

To try and guess which lifetime will last, just look at what investors do, and what company does.

1. Things like company location tells a lot about a lifetime, because since consumers will download lots of content and post "misinformation" and opinions online, the company will have to deal with lots of complaints. If the company is based in a country where there are no tight rules, the chances are that lifetimes will last longer.
    2. Things like protocols are extremely important. If a project invests in newer protocols (such as Wireguard) this means the developers want to stay up to date. This also means they invest in the long run, so lifetime will likely not be short.
    3. Things like apps (for Windows, Android, iOS, and even Linux) tells if a company wishes to invest on their own software and branding. This matters because it is a display of dedication and love from developers for their own projects.
    4. If the company offers config files (such as .ovpn) for routers, it tells you they do not want to tie advanced users to their software, but want to connect even people with FreeBSD or some custom operating system on a Raspberry Pi. It is a display of respect for technicians who want to do stuff manually (without a branded software). Please note some companies focus on their software only, while other focus just on config files (like RealVPN)
    5. Reviews - they are the most important, because it shows how a specific brand developed, so you can be a later investor in their project, before they stop selling lifetimes.
    6. Locations tell you about how they cater to public demands for diversity and speeds. Some VPN providers offer extremely rare locations. Speed will always vary from one datacenter to the next, so don't judge all locations the same, because not every server has 10 gigabit network.
    7. Free trial - use it to test stuff on your own if the VPN provider has it. A simple download of some Android app will show you all their locations, and you can check if the VPN still works (useful if you buy the license from some dodgy website).
    8. Support - contact their support for anything if you want to check if the project is still active. Ask for something like a browser extension (if they don't have it). This way you will see how fast they reply, and in return they will get some feedback about what customers want. As a personal testing here: I was surprised yesterday to see that iProVPN staff replied yesterday in just a few seconds; I was not expecting immediate support from a small company with lifetimes on Stacksocial.
    9. Do not trust any "no-log policy". This is just for advertising. An encrypted connection with a website is still encrypted by SSL, so they can not see your data anyway. Company can only log metadata, for their own safety as a company in court, just in case something really bad happens (like planning acts of terrorism). This point is somehow like returning back to point 1, about location of company.

Please use a VPN (any VPN) and stay safe. The future is not bright with all the economic turmoil caused by corrupted politicians and greedy corporations (maybe I am wrong, I want to be wrong). Meanwhile I hope this opinion helps.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @nokstar said:

@Ympker said:

@nokstar said:

@Ympker said:

@nokstar said:

link to the offer?

Too bad missed it. Is this any good?
    https://stacksocial.com/sales/lifetime-of-bulletvpn

Since you joined in 2015 you might have missed "just a few" of my Keepsolid Lifetime VPN sale threads haha :D But yeah, now only the more expensive option directly through their website is left. Nobody knows how long they will keep selling lifetime on their website as they have pulled out from Stacksocial. While now, they won't have to pay a cut to Stacksocial, lifetime isn't sustainable in the long-run although I am sure they have a lot of subscription customers, too.
    What I am trying to say, now that lifetime is gone from Stacksocial, they can pull the plug on lifetime any time (and maybe they will, maybe not). I only know that I am happy I snagged Windscribe before they discontinued their lifetime plans. I'm not sure if I would pay 200$ for Keepsolid lifetime as that's a huge upfront payment (not that I doubt they will be around for more years to come). For 99$ on sale, I'd probably just get it, even if others paid only 15$ or 40$ via Stacksocial. Likewise, I imagine there are many who would happily buy Windscribe lifetime for 99$ if it was available again.

One thing: With Keepsolid/Stacksocial you won't get any crappy "5 year lifetime" or the like.
    You also won't get an expiry date like with Windscribe, where lifetime users still have expiry dates set in 3-5 years ahead, which, however, gets extended automatically (if you are an active user?).

Keepsolid is solid. That means they just put lifetime. That's it.

• @foudre said:

Only OpenVPN as Protocol.

"If a valid DMCA complaint is received while the offending connection is still active, we stop the session and notify the active user of that session, otherwise we are unable to act on any complaint as we have no way of tracking down the user."

So they can not track down the user, but can notify him?

"We operate a complex business structure with multiple layers of Offshore Holding Companies, Subsidiary Holding Companies, and finally some Operating Companies to help protect our interests. We will not disclose the exact hierarchy of our corporate structures, but will say the main marketing entity for our business is based in the United States of America and an operational entity is based out of Nevis."

Security by obscurity?

Thanked by 3Ympker Hotmarer Wechat
  • Thank @Ympker, the vpn is worth every penny. Speed is ok, port forwarding is great

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

@nghia4007 said:
    Thank @Ympker, the vpn is worth every penny. Speed is ok, port forwarding is great

Happy to hear :)

• hacktekhacktek Member

Am I supposed to have this grayed out? I bought ivacy lifetime some time ago.

https://imgur.com/ix7aJfR

"Your Settings:

You donot have Port Forwarding included in your package. Click here to get."

There's no link on "here" lol.

• YmpkerYmpker Member

@hacktek said:
    Am I supposed to have this grayed out? I bought ivacy lifetime some time ago.

https://imgur.com/ix7aJfR

"Your Settings:

You donot have Port Forwarding included in your package. Click here to get."

There's no link on "here" lol.

Probably, yes. I also have an old lifetime Ivacy from 2017 and one from the recent sale. The one from 2017 came without pf, the recent one included it as a free addonm

• hacktekhacktek Member

boooo

• emghemgh Member
    edited May 2023

@Ympker said:

@Mumbly said:

@Ympker said: Keepsolid has solid in the name.

Well, keepsolid is solid, fastestvpn is fastest, and so on ... I am just not sure about Mullvad - Swedish for mole :P

Now that's interesting :P

I always liked it.

Brandable, a sense of humour and kind of descriptive; be underground; hide.

• TimboJonesTimboJones Member
    edited May 2023

Request to OP: if any of the VPN deals include port forwarding, include that in the subject for most eyeballs. I'm holding out for port forwarding VPN's from now on only.

Thanks

Thanked by 1Wechat
  • jeromezajeromeza Member
    edited May 2023

So I guess there was a date cutoff for port forwarding (older accounts don't have, vs newer do?)

I just checked mine from 2019 and it appears I have port forwarding.

https://imgur.com/sjiTSsF

Lets see if they renew it next year...

Thanked by 1Wechat
  • oyhacooyhaco Member

i registered ivacy LTD may 2020 and doesnt get port forwading :(

Thanked by 1Wechat
  • Anyone here with ivacy test the netherlands config for us? Mine has not been working for a few weeks now