Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cloudflare vs Keffals thread - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cloudflare vs Keffals thread

Comments

• HostMT3HostMT3 Member
    edited September 2022

If someone of Kiwifarms (or if someone have contact with admin of kiwifarms or mods) or other similar projects needs help, please send PM.

I can find solutions.

Thanked by 1deqi
  • @HostMT3 said:
    If someone of Kiwifarms (or if someone have contact with admin of kiwifarms or mods) or other similar projects needs help, please send PM.

I can find solutions.

Send a message on their telegram group @kiwifarmschat

• Looks like kiwifarms finally landed with diamwall @MiguelM

• @dosai said: Send a message on their telegram group @kiwifarmschat

Where did you get this group?

• @inland said:

@dosai said: Send a message on their telegram group @kiwifarmschat

Where did you get this group?

From their telegram channel.

• @dosai said:
    Looks like kiwifarms finally landed with diamwall @MiguelM

Nope.

https://www.diamwall.com/blog/service-continuation-of-kiwi-farms

There is no place on the Internet that one can host if there are enough vocal people upset about it.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@dirtminer said:

@dosai said:
    Looks like kiwifarms finally landed with diamwall @MiguelM

Nope.

https://www.diamwall.com/blog/service-continuation-of-kiwi-farms

There is no place on the Internet that one can host if there are enough vocal people upset about it.

The dude went on about being able to defend from gen 9 botnets, but couldn't protect against the gen Z trans kids.

Francisco

• I don't know, but anyone believe that @MannDude can offer to host them? Literally should be a good proof of words. BuyVM also is a great hosting for freedom of speech.

Thanked by 1MannDude
  • @HostMT3 said:
    I don't know, but anyone believe that @MannDude can offer to host them? Literally should be a good proof of words. BuyVM also is a great hosting for freedom of speech.

Keffals or his friends are allegedly using 400-500Gbps botnet as an additional tool, so im not sure if he should lol.

Thanked by 1MannDude
  • MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran
    edited September 2022

@HostMT3 said:
    I don't know, but anyone believe that @MannDude can offer to host them? Literally should be a good proof of words. BuyVM also is a great hosting for freedom of speech.

I don't have the capacity. We nullroute at 40Gbps and the snowflakes that they offend would DDoS nonstop.

They can't use Path, either. They likely won't allow it since KiwiFarms has a thread about one of their employees and they'd probably drop the connection which is why I assume we've not seen them use a provider who offers Path protection like BuyVM.

• @Francisco said:
    The dude went on about being able to defend from gen 9 botnets, but couldn't protect against the gen Z trans kids.

Maybe the reason is that he couldn't and this was the best PR spin, but reading that post the impression I got is that he didn't want to have anything to do with them because of their content.

• emghemgh Member
    edited September 2022

Is there a missing market in the free speech protected hosting space?

I’m right by Bahnhof, famous for hosting The Pirate Bay, and didn’t flinch until Police went in and grabbed the servers.

They’re extremely pro free speech. When Sweden required internet providers to keep customer data (traffic) they formed a non-profit (law dosen’t apply to them) that operates a VPN that dosen’t track history that they now include with every internet package.

However, coloing there with DDos Protection is 1k / month easy.

However, I’d imagine any hosting based there with their additional protection is a more stable solution for sites that get these treats all of the time.

• lmaoo ..... 40 year olds pressed about twitter drama

• bikegremlinbikegremlin Member
    edited September 2022

@neverain said:
    lmaoo ..... 40 year olds pressed about twitter drama

I think practically every website (or person or a brand for that matter) has done/said/published at least something that people on the Internet today can choose to get offended by.

So it's boils down to who they decide to shut down.

This results in a lot of auto-censorship and it affects art (music, films, video games...), business, even everyday life of normal people.

Case in point:

Thanked by 3rdan ralf bulbasaur
  • Companies today lack integrity more than people do, and that says a lot.

• @Francisco said: The dude went on about being able to defend from gen 9 botnets, but couldn't protect against the gen Z trans kids.

Didn't you also drop them back in the day? What was the reason then?

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran
    edited September 2022

@inland said:

@Francisco said: The dude went on about being able to defend from gen 9 botnets, but couldn't protect against the gen Z trans kids.

Didn't you also drop them back in the day? What was the reason then?

If I had to wager a guess, since Fran uses Path for DDoS protection, that Path didn't want to protect the site. There was some Path / KiwiFarms drama over a Path employee so they likely won't allow it on their network is my guess.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

If I had to wager a guess, since Fran uses Path for DDoS protection, that Path didn't want to protect the site.

This was many many years ago, I don't know if we were even doing Slices yet.

There was some legal crap that came up. We forwarded it to kiwi to see how they wanted to proceed, and they felt it was easier for everyone if they parted ways. Past that I've never had any issues with Josh, hes always been nice when we've talked and hes caused no drama when on discord.

@stefeman said: Keffals or his friends are allegedly using 400-500Gbps botnet as an additional tool, so im not sure if he should lol.

First I've heard of such a figure, not sure where you heard it.

Francisco

Thanked by 1MannDude
  • @emgh said:
    I’m right by Bahnhof, famous for hosting The Pirate Bay, and didn’t flinch until Police went in and grabbed the servers.

Wasn't that when they were hosted at https://prq.se/?
    Bahnhof is as free speech as they come, no disagreement there, but I'm pretty sure the whole thing when the police grabbed all the TPB servers was at prq.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • Since when does one person decide whats the right thing to do? She's seriously delusional.

• @serv_ee said: Since when does one person decide whats the right thing to do? She's seriously delusional.

... while you're doing the same, with the difference that you're anonymous lazy fuck who just talk, because that's easier than actually move things in direction you believe it's right. So who's delusional here?

• neverainneverain Member
    edited September 2022

@bikegremlin said: Case in point:

ironic, I don't think you have been on kf before, what do you think they do over there?

keffals put the same pressure kiwifarms loves to put on average folk they decide are bad on them and they folded

consider kf as the gay couple and the hosts as the baker and move on

• luckypenguinluckypenguin Member
    edited September 2022

@FatGrizzly said: I feel like Cloudflare is doing the right here, if you're getting swatted online/doxed online, I personally feel like its "your" issue that you left pieces of data on the internet.

sorry to come late, who tf is Keffals, and why do we give a flying f about this issue?
    Cloudflare proxies much more "controversial" sites than any individual can imagine.

If we start dropping sites because they "offend someone" we will end up in Russia, China
    and Iran kind of internet. Not a great idea. If you don't want to be doxxed, maybe don't put
    stuff on your social media in the first place? Since they can as well host it on .onion site, and
    then what, there will be a petition to block Tor worldwide?

//
    Damn, it gets even more ridiculous. A biological man, "identifying" to be a woman, is offended
    by people who simply troll. If you are so serious about your "transformation", why to even care
    at all? Wasn't the entire purpose to show the world that you are stronger than public opinions?
    Mhm.

• @neverain said:

@bikegremlin said: Case in point:

ironic, I don't think you have been on kf before, what do you think they do over there?

keffals put the same pressure kiwifarms loves to put on average folk they decide are bad on them and they folded

Yup - it goes both ways. As far as I could tell (with a disclaimer I didn't read too much into either side), everyone involved is being a dick (Keffals, Kiwifarms, Cloudflare, and this most recent DDoS security provider).

• @bikegremlin said: Yup - it goes both ways. As far as I could tell (with a disclaimer I didn't read too much into either side), everyone involved is being a dick

So now we have to ban stand-up comedians, and host bootleg CAMrips from bar basements on .onion links? Since they make jokes about pretty much anything, maybe not in the U.S., but clearly
    in any other place in the world "nobody is safe" from some dark humor. Most people know how to
    put a line. I didn't even read what the "bad" site is about, but seems like it's about laughing about
    transgenders? I don't like it, but I don't think this site should be taken down either. It's not like they
    promote terrorism/drugs/rape or doing anything constitutionally illegal. IMHO.

• @luckypenguin said:

@bikegremlin said: Yup - it goes both ways. As far as I could tell (with a disclaimer I didn't read too much into either side), everyone involved is being a dick

So now we have to ban stand-up comedians, and host bootleg CAMrips from bar basements on .onion links? Since they make jokes about pretty much anything, maybe not in the U.S., but clearly
    in any other place in the world "nobody is safe" from some dark humor. Most people know how to
    put a line. I didn't even read what the "bad" site is about, but seems like it's about laughing about
    transgenders? I don't like it, but I don't think this site should be taken down either. It's not like they
    promote terrorism/drugs/rape or doing anything constitutionally illegal. IMHO.

It is already being done - the amount of self-censorship is overwhelming.

And it is dangerous when mob, not the courts, gets to decide what gets taken down.

Not that it makes it right to use any platform to abuse people (there is a line between criticism, joking, and abuse), including but not limited to forums.

This is one of the situations where, whatever you do, it's bad, and not right. I'm mostly leaning towards that CF should have done their job (what they offer to every other customer). But that would leave the problem of preventing abuse that does not cross the line of being technically illegal. A very tough call.

Thanked by 1MannDude
  • @bikegremlin said: This is one of the situations where, whatever you do, it's bad, and not right. I'm mostly leaning towards that CF should have done their job (what they offer to every other customer). But that would leave the problem of preventing abuse that does not cross the line of being technically illegal. A very tough call.

But why to re-invent a nearly-perfectly working mechanism? If a court decides that this site
    should be dropped, CF will obviously comply. But forcing them to do something by some twitter
    posts and hashtags is stupid, and actually opens a dangerous path to other "community takedowns" in the future.

• @luckypenguin said:

@bikegremlin said: This is one of the situations where, whatever you do, it's bad, and not right. I'm mostly leaning towards that CF should have done their job (what they offer to every other customer). But that would leave the problem of preventing abuse that does not cross the line of being technically illegal. A very tough call.

But why to re-invent a nearly-perfectly working mechanism? If a court decides that this site
    should be dropped, CF will obviously comply. But forcing them to do something by some twitter
    posts and hashtags is stupid, and actually opens a dangerous path to other "community takedowns" in the future.

It's been opened long ago. This is not the first, nor the only example if memory serves me right.

One example:
    https://blog.cloudflare.com/why-we-terminated-daily-stormer/

• @bikegremlin said: It's been opened long ago. This is not the first, nor the only example if memory serves me right.

One example:

https://blog.cloudflare.com/why-we-terminated-daily-stormer/

That's a clear example when they should intervene I guess. That site was extremist, no
    matter how you look at it. But a troll site/forum? Not sure if it's the same level of badness,
    I guess not, and CF seems to think the same.