Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cloudflare vs Keffals thread - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cloudflare vs Keffals thread

Comments

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@FatGrizzly said: What do y'all think about this?

I wrote about this a couple days ago. CF was gun-shy from the Daily Stormer experience in 2017 when people jumped all over them for censorship. That's why it was pulling teeth to get them to act this time.

@TimboJones said: We pull over for ambulances and fire trucks because we want human lives to be saved.

I pull over because I don't want to get a ticket.

• @FatGrizzly said:

@TimboJones said:

@FatGrizzly said:

@TimboJones said:

@FatGrizzly said:
    I feel like Cloudflare is doing the right here, if you're getting swatted online/doxed online, I personally feel like its "your" issue that you left pieces of data on the internet.

Holy shit, that's some fucked up victim blaming there. You've been added to the List of Fucking Cunts.

It's totally her issue that she leaked stuff herself on internet, carefully think about it.

So if your address, EASILY found on the internet is known, it's their fault if they get swatted with a dozen heavily armed police come through the door without notice?

Please confirm if you're just trolling for weasel or you actually hold this opinion.

Ok not swatting, moreover in the country I live in there's no swat team, or such team to break into houses.

But for getting doxed, maybe rethink life before saying everything live on stream.

Her friend wanted her to have a fucking Poutine. So better alert everyone of your contacts to never want something good for you again.

Live in fear of living a reasonable life? Fuck off.

Stop defending doxxing, fucking hell!

• @MannDude said:

@TimboJones said:

@FatGrizzly said:

@TimboJones said:

@FatGrizzly said:
    I feel like Cloudflare is doing the right here, if you're getting swatted online/doxed online, I personally feel like its "your" issue that you left pieces of data on the internet.

Holy shit, that's some fucked up victim blaming there. You've been added to the List of Fucking Cunts.

It's totally her issue that she leaked stuff herself on internet, carefully think about it.

So if your address, EASILY found on the internet is known, it's their fault if they get swatted with a dozen heavily armed police come through the door without notice?

Please confirm if you're just trolling for weasel or you actually hold this opinion.

Was she actually "swatted", or did police just knock on her door?

Going by OP which explicitly included swatting.

• @raindog308 said:

@FatGrizzly said: What do y'all think about this?

I wrote about this a couple days ago. CF was gun-shy from the Daily Stormer experience in 2017 when people jumped all over them for censorship. That's why it was pulling teeth to get them to act this time.

@TimboJones said: We pull over for ambulances and fire trucks because we want human lives to be saved.

I pull over because I don't want to get a ticket.

Given the lack of police (opportunity) that will stop and ticket for blocking emergency vehicle, why would you admit being a selfish asshole who doesn't care about saving lives? For all you know, your family member could be in there. SMH

Thanked by 2Daniel15 Peppery9
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@TimboJones said: Given the lack of police (opportunity) that will stop and ticket for blocking emergency vehicle, why would you admit being a selfish asshole who doesn't care about saving lives? For all you know, your family member could be in there. SMH

I was being a smartass, but I bet that's a greater motivation for most people than altruism.

I would pull to the side if it was only a custom rather than the law, but I don't know that most would. It's hard to overestimate the selfishness of individuals.

My Italian grandmother would always say a prayer when an ambulance passed. After she died, I picked up the habit.

Thanked by 1rdan
  • FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

@TimboJones said:

@FatGrizzly said:

@TimboJones said:

@FatGrizzly said:

@TimboJones said:

@FatGrizzly said:

Ok not swatting, moreover in the country I live in there's no swat team, or such team to break into houses.

But for getting doxed, maybe rethink life before saying everything live on stream.

Her friend wanted her to have a fucking Poutine. So better alert everyone of your contacts to never want something good for you again.

I don't think you're getting my point, if you want me to stop defending doxing, OK.

I am personally against doxing where they hire people to stalk you IRL, but i have no words for the people who announce it and cry about it.

Literally who in the fucking world would tell in a stream that she is gonna go have Poutine when people are actively looking to dox/swat them.

Keffals and Emily both are stupid.

• TimboJonesTimboJones Member
    edited September 2022

@FatGrizzly said:

@TimboJones said:

@FatGrizzly said:

@TimboJones said:

@FatGrizzly said:

@TimboJones said:

@FatGrizzly said:

I don't think you're getting my point, if you want me to stop defending doxing, OK.

I am personally against doxing where they hire people to stalk you IRL, but i have no words for the people who announce it and cry about it.

Literally who in the fucking world would tell in a stream that she is gonna go have Poutine when people are actively looking to dox/swat them.

You don't get it. They're actively being targeted by pieces of shit to do harm, you're splitting hairs over required effort. Do you think they'll get a message in the not too distant future, "hey, you're cool to post public things again, we won't fuck with you anymore for the rest of your life"?

Please tell me you don't tell rape victims they asked for it because they showed cleavage. SMH

@TimboJones said:

@FatGrizzly said:

@TimboJones said:

@FatGrizzly said:

@TimboJones said:

@FatGrizzly said:

@TimboJones said:

@FatGrizzly said:

You don't get it. They're actively being targeted by pieces of shit to do harm, you're splitting hairs over required effort.

Please tell me you don't tell rape victims they asked for it because they showed cleavage. SMH

God. Please don't tell me that you announce whatever you are going to do next in a twitch stream.

• @FatGrizzly said:

@TimboJones said:

@FatGrizzly said:

@TimboJones said:

@FatGrizzly said:

@TimboJones said:

@FatGrizzly said:

@TimboJones said:

@FatGrizzly said:

You don't get it. They're actively being targeted by pieces of shit to do harm, you're splitting hairs over required effort.

God. Please don't tell me that you announce whatever you are going to do next in a twitch stream.

I don't, but isn't Twitch for engaging with your fans? That would be pretty fucking common.

But are you saying NOBODY should ever post nonspecific public location (is Berlin some tiny fucking village to you?) ? Like people should never ever say they're going to a concert, game or whatever BECAUSE SOME ASSHOLE WILL ATTACK THEM?

You fall into that "you don't deserve liberty" category. SMH

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited September 2022

This might be a little offtopic but I love how Cloudflare shot itself to a leg with a shotgun.

They just proved (once again) that they are able to take down any site/content/service at any time possible if they wish to do so.

All anti-piracy firms and copyright trolls will use this as a reference in near future. This will cost Cloudflare a lot and could even get them sued too.

• @stefeman said:
    All anti-piracy firms and copyright trolls will use this as a reference in near future. This will cost Cloudflare a lot and could even get them sued too.

There was something on Twitter earlier of this crowd going after Fibrehost or whichever it was, because there's always a new target. Here's a blast from the past about this sort of "woke" mentality: https://www.4-cent-garbage.com/2020/12/19/the-problem-with-the-fediverse-why-it-sucks-and-wont-stop-sucking/

Same energy.

This whole situation proves that a couple of screeching attention whores can accomplish great things if they just put their whinging together.

I've been on KiwiFarm. There are forums for television shows, where people talk about Star Trek: Picard. There are threads on nutrition. There are threads on current happenings.

And there are threads on 'lolcows'. People, like Keffals, who put every aspect of their life on some platform for attention and affirmation, and go after anyone who dares criticize like a mutated piranha. Yes, it's their fault. Owning the consequences of your actions seems an astounding concept for a certain generation or group of people.

You know what isn't right, though? Illegal actions like DDoS'ing a website that's saying mean things, and then spreading falsehoods about that site to get it removed.

Sure, today, it's a forum where people say the 'N-word' with abandon and have the audacity to compile publically published information about men invading womens' space, because mysogyny needed some modern rebranding.

Tomorrow, maybe it'll be an official political party's website for having 74 million people "threatening the soul of democracy". Slippery slopes are slippery.

• Neither of you are from the United States, you both don’t understand it. @TimboJones @FatGrizzly

Thanked by 1ntlx
  • So, keffalization is the new trend nowadays?

• well i hope keffals got enough money from this incident for better plastic surgery

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

In case keffals gets shot I'll say a prayer. For his victims.

• Ddos-guard also kicked them off.

https://t.me/kiwifarms/22

• @dosai said:
    Ddos-guard also kicked them off.

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@dosai said:

"Free speech".

@TimboJones said:

@FatGrizzly said:

@TimboJones said:

@FatGrizzly said:

@TimboJones said:

@FatGrizzly said:

@TimboJones said:

@FatGrizzly said:

@TimboJones said:

@FatGrizzly said:

I don't, but isn't Twitch for engaging with your fans? That would be pretty fucking common.

But are you saying NOBODY should ever post nonspecific public location (is Berlin some tiny fucking village to you?) ? Like people should never ever say they're going to a concert, game or whatever BECAUSE SOME ASSHOLE WILL ATTACK THEM?

You fall into that "you don't deserve liberty" category. SMH

read my replies properly maybe?

• I think that in a month or two, we see the roll-out of Cloudflare's new "real time moderation" services.

"User generated content exposes your business to untold risk. Cloudflare Safe Speech ensures free speech without violence or harassment through advanced machine learning architecture and real time intervention"

How else can even a site like here with user postings manage the risk that a small vocal group can end their hosting?
    Immediate moderation is an expensive moat for established forums to prevent upstarts.

Thanked by 3MannDude rdan ntlx
  • @stefeman said:
    This might be a little offtopic but I love how Cloudflare shot itself to a leg with a shotgun.

They just proved (once again) that they are able to take down any site/content/service at any time possible if they wish to do so.

Uh, no? Don't use CF so they can't do shit to you. Pretty simple

Thanked by 1TimboJones

@serv_ee said:

@stefeman said:

moreover, you agree to their tos which allows discrete suspension.

TERMINATION OF USE; DISCONTINUATION AND MODIFICATION OF THE WEBSITES AND ONLINE SERVICES

We may at our sole discretion suspend or terminate your access to the Websites and/or Online Services at any time, with or without notice for any reason or no reason at all. We also reserve the right to modify or discontinue the Websites and/or Online Services at any time (including, without limitation, by limiting or discontinuing certain features of the Websites and/or Online Services) without notice to you. We will have no liability whatsoever on account of any change to the Websites and/or Online Services or any suspension or termination of your access to or use of the Websites and/or Online Services.

• @FatGrizzly said:

@serv_ee said:

@stefeman said:

moreover, you agree to their tos which allows discrete suspension.

TERMINATION OF USE; DISCONTINUATION AND MODIFICATION OF THE WEBSITES AND ONLINE SERVICES

We may at our sole discretion suspend or terminate your access to the Websites and/or Online Services at any time, with or without notice for any reason or no reason at all. We also reserve the right to modify or discontinue the Websites and/or Online Services at any time (including, without limitation, by limiting or discontinuing certain features of the Websites and/or Online Services) without notice to you. We will have no liability whatsoever on account of any change to the Websites and/or Online Services or any suspension or termination of your access to or use of the Websites and/or Online Services.

You're always at someone's mercy up to the backbone but willingly putting content like that on CF...that's kinda dumb to begin with.

• @dosai said:

Their response,

https://t.me/ddos_guard/152

edited September 2022

@dosai said:

@dosai said:

Their response,

https://t.me/ddos_guard/152

Translated version:

DDoS-Guard discontinued services for Kiwi Farms forum

On September 4, Kiwi Farms forum administrators have activated DDoS-Guard protection for their domain.

As a DDoS protection provider, we provide services to customers around the world and are not obligated to moderate content on their sites. We are not authorized to decide whether or not a web resource is in violation of the law. That is what specialized agencies do, and we respond to official notices from those agencies and restrict access to a resource if it is reasonable.

However, today we did not wait for the official notification and stopped providing services for Kiwi Farms forum. We have received numerous complaints from users that it violates the Acceptable Use Policy (https://ddos-guard.net/file/aup_ru.pdf).

Having analyzed the content of the site, we decided to stop providing DDoS protection services for kiwifarms.ru (https://ddos-guard.net/ru/info/blog-detail/ddos-guard-zablokirovala-kiwi-farms). Thank you to everyone who brought this incident to our attention.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
  • Interesting... I thought DDoS-Guard won't really care about the complaints, considering they hosted literally Hamas in the past and HKLeaks, which is doing the exact same thing to HK democracy activists, with state-enforced consequences (no swatting needed if the police really going to arrest you)

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

@martheen said:
    Interesting... I thought DDoS-Guard won't really care about the complaints, considering they hosted literally Hamas in the past and HKLeaks, which is doing the exact same thing to HK democracy activists, with state-enforced consequences (no swatting needed if the police really going to arrest you)

Bending the knee because less than 1% of the population, who likely would never be customers anyway, was screeching. Big brain business move by DDoS Guard.

• Didn't expect DDoS-Guard to cave in.

Too bad that there is no place for KF left.

No other hosts/companies seem viable either.

Must have strong DDoS protection I would not be surprised if KF is under DDoS'd 24/7.

• Being rejected by rejects (RU company). You can't go lower than that...(?)

• According to a comment from pol,

Russia/ddos banned them immediately because holocaust denial is illegal

Not sure how accurate this is.