Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cloudflare vs Keffals thread
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cloudflare vs Keffals thread

FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

Hello Peeps!

I'm sure y'all are aware about the recent fights with keffals and kiwifarms.

CPN:
Over the last few weeks, Twitch streamer Keffals has been bombarded with harassment stemming from a controversial forum, Kiwi Farms. This has included doxxing and swatting. She has since moved house but has still been followed.

Kiwi Farms is currently under the protection of Cloudflare, which provides anti-DDoS services. A distributed denial of service attack, or DDoS, is often used to take down websites lacking that protection.

Keffals, real name Clara Sorrenti, has been raising the pressure to have Cloudflare drop Kiwi Farms from its services in light of its involvement with the harassment and links to the suicides of three individuals. Popular emulator developer, Near, directly mentioned the harassment from Kiwi Farms as to why they took their own life.

Cloudflare has stated that it won't remove kiwifarms in their recent blog post.

What do y'all think about this?

I feel like Cloudflare is doing the right here, if you're getting swatted online/doxed online, I personally feel like its "your" issue that you left pieces of data on the internet.

People should also understand that anything on internet isn't secure, atleast can somehow be traced back to you.

Sources:
https://twitter.com/keffals
https://dropkiwifarms.net
https://blog.cloudflare.com/cloudflares-abuse-policies-and-approach/

What do y'all think about this?
  1. Are you on the side of keffals or cloudflare?187 votes
    1. I support keffals
      22.46%
    2. i support Cloudflare
      49.73%
    3. neither of these
      27.81%

Comments

• FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

Moreover, keffals also uses Cloudflare to protect his/her/they/them sites.

https://keffals.gg and https://dropkiwifarms.net are both behind Cloudflare.

Thanked by 1MannDude
  • stefemanstefeman Member
    edited September 2022

She started campaign against hornets nest for popularity and now the hornets are out of the nest. If you can't deal with your own choices, the issue is with you.

Not to mention she uses the harrashment as justification to have it removed. Of course they'd react if you want to shut their forums down. Its cause and effect. You can't really use the effect as a reason without mentioning the cause to "prove" your stance.

As for the forum itself, its toxic as fuck and I would have no need to visit it after checking it for the first time today. But I also don't see any reason for it to be taken down because of one snowflake that can't handle alternative opinions. Besides, you can always ignore the website and not visit it.

Good choice from Cloudflare. As for LGBTQ, I absolutely support people's personal freedoms, their choices, and their rights to express themselves. I have multiple LGBTQ friends. What I don't support, is being a drama queen.

• BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

@stefeman said:
    I have multiple LGBTQ friends. What I don't support, is being a drama queen.

Same here! The amount of victimization oneself is too high.

Better explained here:

• i dont know anything about what happened but getting sites and people de-platformed/cancelled/taken offline via pressuring tech companies seems pretty lame to me, leave it to law enforcement IMO.

• The real question to ask is do they know what a clitoris is?

Thanked by 2FatGrizzly Chuck
  • @FatGrizzly said: What do y'all think about this?

Instead of trying their hand at vigilantism, they should simply get a court order and have Cloudflare comply. If the police or the judicial system don't think it is worth it, then they have to accept that decision.

Leaving the enforcement of "moral values" of this sort on a corporation is a recipe for disaster.

• @stevewatson301 said:

@FatGrizzly said: What do y'all think about this?

Instead of trying their hand at vigilantism, they should simply get a court order and have Cloudflare comply. If the police or the judicial system don't think it is worth it, then they have to accept that decision.

Leaving the enforcement of "moral values" of this sort on a corporation is a recipe for disaster.

The thing about the US is, per paper, Kiwi Farms doesn't violate the law. CloudFlare has shareholders, though. Certainly many, especially the woke want it dropped.

Do you still host Kiwi @Francisco ?

Thanked by 1FatGrizzly
  • @stevewatson301 said: they should simply get a court order and have Cloudflare comply. If the police or the judicial system don't think it is worth it, then they have to accept that decision.

This is what it should be. People seem to forget there are about a billion conservatives out there who took offense on the LGBT people merely existing and anything done by people outside their view as sinful proselytism to be silenced.

China forcing Western movies to follow their narratives are already annoying enough, let's not open the door for fundamentalists to silence their opponents through sheer number and money (since some oil-rich countries tend to be conservatives)

Thanked by 1FatGrizzly
  • MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

Cloudflare has no obligation to bend the knee every time some green hair screeches.

They can start their own global CDN and DDoS mitigation company if they don't like it.

• Just wondering:

How long would a site like this survive if the target was any representative of Cloudflare? How many hours will a resource like this last? Two hours? Three hours? Twenty-four hours?

It's fun to tell and manipulate notions of free speech.
    As long as you're not personally affected by the problem.

And if the girl had rich and influential parents - the owners of the site would have found by the official representatives long ago. But somehow for some people they fulfill their direct obligations of providing law and order and justice, and for others selectively they do not.

Thanked by 1Shot2
  • bikegremlinbikegremlin Member
    edited September 2022

The vote graph looks appropriately. :)

• Shot2Shot2 Member
    edited September 2022

Free speech is free speech... until your free speech gets on the nerves of some nasty brat; then just STFU and/or die. Incitation to commit suicide ("eat sh*t and die!") and to kill wokes is protected free speech, too.

Thanked by 20xbkt rdan
  • Big up cloudflare if your information is publicly available and obtainable it is not a Dox, it was a big mistake for Keffals to go on this campaign everything you put out there, photo of your hotel room, the curtains in the background, the bedding?

Someone somewhere can trace it back to you. It's simple just don't make yourself a target and don't throw data out there.

Thanked by 1FatGrizzly
  • Could one the “neither” folks please elaborate? Genuinely curious, or is it just an IDGAF?

• I dont think you guys know enough about kiwifarms if you support it but i wouldnt expect much from let

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • econnreseteconnreset Member
    edited September 2022

So my OC redacted thread gets nuked by an unknown person (if I had to wager a guess, a moderator of Aryan variety) without any explanation, warning or ban, but this copy&paste from this article is allowed to stay?

• Blazingfast_IOBlazingfast_IO Member, Host Rep

Seems like cloudflare has taken action against Kiwifarms https://blog.cloudflare.com/kiwifarms-blocked/

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@Blazingfast_IO said:
    Seems like cloudflare has taken action against Kiwifarms https://blog.cloudflare.com/kiwifarms-blocked/

Aaaaand they folded. That's the Cloudflare I know... and don't trust with the simplest of websites.

• @FatGrizzly said:
    I feel like Cloudflare is doing the right here, if you're getting swatted online/doxed online, I personally feel like its "your" issue that you left pieces of data on the internet.

Holy shit, that's some fucked up victim blaming there. You've been added to the List of Fucking Cunts.

Thanked by 1AndrewL64
  • all of you were pmsing over bytefend hosting doxbin (and didnt jar from mxroute basically get their company shut down for doxing them), kiwifarm is a 100 times worse, I wonder what changed for let to have such a different response to this

• TimboJonesTimboJones Member
    edited September 2022

@Shot2 said:
    Incitation to commit suicide ("eat sh*t and die!") and to kill wokes is protected free speech, too.

Wut? Wtf?

Also, I don't think any judge would reasonably consider "eat shit and die" to be an actual death threat (unless you have your hand over their mouthful of shit, anyway), but certainly isn't "protected free speech".

"Intent to do harm" is a thing. If you're serious about it, the words don't fucking matter and won't save you.

Thanked by 1ralf
  • @TimboJones said:

@Shot2 said:
    Incitation to commit suicide ("eat sh*t and die!") and to kill wokes is protected free speech, too.

Wut? Wtf?

Isn't that how free speech works in Murica?

• @Shot2 said:

@TimboJones said:

@Shot2 said:

Wut? Wtf?

Isn't that how free speech works in Murica?

No. Doxxing (intent to intimidate and harass) is not on the same level as swatting, which is intent to kill.

Seriously, that's not freedom of speech and doing a disservice who need freedom of speech protections.

I can't blame anyone who has been the victim of swatting to want nothing less than an attempted murder charge on the perpetrator and would not rest until I did get justice ten fold.

Swatting needs to curb stomped. Anyone who has done this need 25 year minimums. They are shit stains on society.

I'm sorry that some of you lack role models in your lives.

Thanked by 1Peppery9
  • The majority of people aren't aware that keffals is grooming children (as well as turning them "transgender"), and kiwifarms was exposing that, so of course he wants it pulled offline. There is a reason why LGBT should be turned into LGB.

• @imdk said: There is a reason why LGBT should be turned into LGB.

What reason is that?

• Looks like DDoS-Guard just got another customer...

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@itzaname said:
    Looks like DDoS-Guard just got another customer...

They've had a DDoS-Guard mirror for awhile on kiwifarms.ru - but yeah, seems like that's probably the easiest for them to turn up quickly.

Their main domain is actually registered with Cloudflare at the moment so gotta move that first

@TimboJones said:

@FatGrizzly said:

Holy shit, that's some fucked up victim blaming there. You've been added to the List of Fucking Cunts.

It's totally her issue that she leaked stuff herself on internet, carefully think about it.

• @neverain said:

@imdk said: There is a reason why LGBT should be turned into LGB.

What reason is that?

Anti-LGBT types come up with any reason they can think of to call for trans people to be excluded from the community. Then, of course, they move on to why bi people should be excluded, then 'why are lesbians and gays working together anyway', and then of course it would be much easier to oppress the now-splintered people.

Thanked by 2martheen neverain

@TimboJones said:

@FatGrizzly said:

See how dumb they're, tell where you're going live on twitch and not get doxed. Amazing.