Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NexusBytes falling apart? And a LiteServer short review - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

NexusBytes falling apart? And a LiteServer short review

Comments

• redcatredcat Member

Man, I'm going to be pissed if I get screwed on my $5 credit I have on NB. Last time I made a payment they wouldn't give back change.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@Nekki bought NexusBytes.
    He went radio silence too.

@redcat said:
    Man, I'm going to be pissed if I get screwed on my $5 credit I have on NB. Last time I made a payment they wouldn't give back change.

I have >$10 affiliate credit.
    Withdraw ticket has been open for three weeks.

• zedzed Member

MS said:

lol :)

I was thinking @MaxKVM tbh.

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

Update

My storage VPS still is offline and I still have no response or information from NB support since they said that they are about to fix the problem permamently 3 days ago.

But the enduser panel, while seeming to work again, actually not only does not work (one can't get at a VPS' panel) but, to make things worse, also has the online status f_cked up. Now the enduser panel list shows an actually working (normal, not storage) VPS as down.

• @MannDude do you have contact with nexusbytes on a B2B level? or are business customers treated the same as end customers at nexusbytes?

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

@hyperblast said:
    @MannDude do you have contact with nexusbytes on a B2B level? or are business customers treated the same as end customers at nexusbytes?

I usually hit him up via text / signal, but I've known Nahian for 10+ years. We've been friends since before NexusBytes or IncogNet was ever a thing.

Thanked by 2hyperblast pepa65
  • zedzed Member

@MannDude said:

@hyperblast said:
    @MannDude do you have contact with nexusbytes on a B2B level? or are business customers treated the same as end customers at nexusbytes?

I usually hit him up via text / signal, but I've known Nahian for 10+ years. We've been friends since before NexusBytes or IncogNet was ever a thing.

any selfies?

Thanked by 2ralf yoursunny
  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@MannDude said:

@hyperblast said:

Any way to nudge him to appear on LET and answer to his customers?

• TabazaTabaza Member

Hi,

To be honest i am worried too, I have big VPS with full management, Cloudlinux and Directadmin paid for full year before 1-2 Months, And I am afraid of VPS goes down at anytime, for that I am doing fully external backup on daily basis.

The problem is I am afraid to go to other hosting because I will lose funds and NexusBytes's admins may show up at anytime and continue business.

In the other hand, I am afraid of staying and Admins disappear and everything goes down.

I don't really know what to do. Any Advices?

Thanks,
    Tabaza

• edited July 2022

@Tabaza said:
    Hi,

To be honest i am worried too, I have big VPS with full management, Cloudlinux and Directadmin paid for full year before 1-2 Months, And I am afraid of VPS goes down at anytime, for that I am doing fully external backup on daily basis.

The problem is I am afraid to go to other hosting because I will lose funds and NexusBytes's admins may show up at anytime and continue business.

In the other hand, I am afraid of staying and Admins disappear and everything goes down.

Thanks,
    Tabaza

Migrate now, and never pay more than 6 months in advance with future hosts.

Thanked by 2dahartigan adly
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@NobodyInteresting said:
    Migrate now, and never pay more than 6 months in advance with future hosts.

3-year dealz; never pay more than 6 months; GO GO GO

• SirFoxySirFoxy Member
    edited July 2022

Another dead pool on LowEndTalk (who would have guessed?) except this time it wasn't even really that cheap.

I predict Virmach or Hosthatch next.

Thanked by 1hosthatch
  • @SirFoxy said: I predict Virmach

If Virmach dead pools that would be the biggest dead pool to date

• @corbpie said:

@SirFoxy said: I predict Virmach

They're only propped up by their past status here, nowadays it's complete dog shit.

The only reason they're not banned like Cociu is solely status.

Let's be honest, Virmach is a joke even if you apply the "it's not for production you fucking idiot" angle.

• Not_OlesNot_Oles Moderator, Patron Provider

@Tabaza said: Any Advices?

Maybe there might be a couple of little things you can do to be better prepared if something happens.

@Tabaza said: I am doing fully external backup on daily basis.

Have you verified that you actually can restore your site from your backups? In other words, are you sure your backup procedure actually works?

You could practice putting your site up on a cloud provider starting from one of your backups. It won't cost much because you won't be using the restored site except to practice setting it up. As long as your NB site still works you can stay there. :)

Make notes about your procedure for getting your site restored and working again in the cloud. That will help you remember everything if you ever actually have to do it.

If/when something happens at NB, you will be able to move and be back up quickly. All because you practiced! Then you can move a second time to cheaper space so that you won't be using the expensive cloud for long.

I got these ideas from hearing about what the guys at HN did in advance to prepare for when disaster struck.

Even if everything is really well planned and really well set up, things happen. Even if Jay were still actively around, problems still could happen. Remember when the German police came suddenly and seized Jay's disks from his server at Hetzner? So HN's idea of preparing and practicing a quick migration via cloud seems good to me.

Even though I never was his customer, and maybe even though I was a tiny bit of competition for him, Jay was really, really, really, really, really nice to me! Jay gave me lots of specific helpful suggestions. We used to talk occasionally by PM. I miss Jay so much! He was and still is the best! <3

@Tabaza Hope this helps! Best wishes!

• LeviLevi Member

@SirFoxy said:

@corbpie said:

@SirFoxy said: I predict Virmach

They're only propped up by their past status here, nowadays it's complete dog shit.

The only reason they're not banned like Cociu is solely status.

Let's be honest, Virmach is a joke even if you apply the "it's not for production you fucking idiot" angle.

Virmach ability to generate views/clicks is more advanced than Borta's. They eventualy be banned after fiasco will go down.

• ArkasArkas Moderator

Are many people really that surprised by what's happening @VirMach when you see their prices? NB wasn't isn't like that. Jay had reasonable prices but was never in 'dangerous' pricing category so it is surprising.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @Arkas said:
    Are many people really that surprised by what's happening @VirMach when you see their prices? NB wasn't isn't like that. Jay had reasonable prices but was never in 'dangerous' pricing category so it is surprising.

Gag on my dick since you're so attracted to me, Nazi.

• drizbodrizbo Member
    edited July 2022

What the fuck

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • Not_OlesNot_Oles Moderator, Patron Provider

At https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3453224/#Comment_3453224

@SirFoxy said:

@Arkas said:

Hey @SirFoxy! Quoting from the rules, "Admins & Moderators Are People Too. You'll be expected to treat us like human beings." Sorry, but two month warning issued. If I again see similar abuse directed at another member, even if not a mod, and even after the warning period expires, you will be banned. Please try to support our community constructively! I know you can! Thank you!

Thanked by 3_MS_ jcolideles Arkas
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

"Update"

After 3 days had passed I politely asked them to give me at least an ETA.
    And now yet another day has passed ... without any response or update from NexusBytes' support.
    I'm beginning to not exclude the possibility that their "we are working on fixing the problem permanently" was just an attempt to buy some time ...

• @Not_Oles said:

@SirFoxy said:

@Arkas said:

Hey @SirFoxy! Quoting from the rules, "Admins & Moderators Are People Too. You'll be expected to treat us like human beings." Sorry, but two month warning issued. If I again see similar abuse directed at another member, even if not a mod, and even after the warning period expires, you will be banned. Please try to support our community constructively! I know you can! Thank you!

I've literally been around here longer than you and nobody knows that guy.

Once again, fuck off.

• aliletalilet Member

@SirFoxy said:

@Not_Oles said:

@SirFoxy said:

@Arkas said:

Once again, fuck off.

Looks like you are on suicide by mod mission.

• @alilet said:

@SirFoxy said:

@Not_Oles said:

@SirFoxy said:

@Arkas said:

Once again, fuck off.

Looks like you are on suicide by mod mission.

Fuck it, @jbiloh & @raindog308 have at least an ounce of love for me.

These new mods are fucking Nazi's killing the culture of this forum.

No one goes here because they want the professionalism of WebHostingTalk.

• HxxxHxxx Member
    edited July 2022

LET used to be full of tech professionals. It was fun, the culture of being sustainable while pushing to the extremes and doing the impossible to get the most benefits to the customer.

Then later some deadpooled, naturally, but some others evolved into bigger successful businesses and some of that culture kind of faded.

Tech has gotten cheaper to the point that it no longer makes sense. Businesses straight charging a worth of 1 pack of McDonald fries for a whole year of hosting service.

The cheaper is the customer the more strict and demanding he/she is.

Thanked by 3dahartigan Arkas Hassan
  • ralfralf Member

@Tabaza said:

If you're worried that they might go back to business as normal, then that is a clear sign to get out of there, because that should be the best case scenario.

I mean, it seems pretty clear. Get your stuff set up on another machine somewhere, even if it's a lower spec and it's really just a stop-gap for when NB fails until you can provision an appropriately powerful machine. But, it's probably better just to have an appropriate spec hot backup that's ready to go live at any point. You could maybe even try using haproxy to load balance between them and use a replicated database.

If you do this and expect you might need to make a permanent change at short notice, drop down your DNS TTL to an hour, maybe less.

But that's not really your question on what to do, I guess, it's about finances and risk. Only you can make that decision. Getting a backup server makes you worry about wasted money. A backup isn't wasted money, it's a sensible strategy. Even if NB was fine, what would you do if the disk failed or some other event that wasn't due to their management?

If you end up not needing the server, you could choose to look at it as wasted money, but instead look at it as stress you didn't need to endure doing the live migration and those months of peace of mind not having to worry about it.

Of course, it really all depends on how important it is to you that the site doesn't go down. If you can afford a day or two outage, then there's no real rush to get another server as long as you are sure your backups are sufficient to restore from. But at the first sign of failure on your server, you should jump at that point, as you already know it might take weeks for your ticket to even get read.

• hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@SirFoxy said:
    Another dead pool on LowEndTalk (who would have guessed?) except this time it wasn't even really that cheap.

lol

• lol

Thanked by 1bdl
  • @hosthatch said:

@SirFoxy said:

lol

lol, you remember me?

stay mad. do better.