Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NexusBytes falling apart? And a LiteServer short review - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

NexusBytes falling apart? And a LiteServer short review

Comments

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

Quick "update"

No change whatsoever. But then I can't and won't hold against them that they couldn't do much on sunday. But if I were in their place I'd at least provide an ETA along with some basic information (like e.g. "we'll probably need to get some hardware which we might have to order" (as opposed to just grabbing in a local computer store)).

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

I check on Jay every now and then on Discord and usually he gets back to me but the last I heard from him was somewhere around end of March.

So, if Jay is "MIA", who's handling/managing BexusNytes?

• ArkasArkas Moderator
    edited July 2022

@DP said: So, if Jay is "MIA", who's handling/managing BexusNytes?

Dinesh S.
    That's the name I have.

Thanked by 2DP pepa65
  • I would have ordered from him a while back but thankfully he blacklisted my university's IP block 🙏

• LeviLevi Member

@DP said:
    I check on Jay every now and then on Discord and usually he gets back to me but the last I heard from him was somewhere around end of March.

Just pick a few, you don't miss.

https://www.name-generator.org.uk/quick/

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting

@LTniger said:

@DP said:

I'm not sure how many clicks it would take but moving forward if I have any issues with my services at BexusNytes and I create tickets, I really hope I still see "Jay" attending/replying to them.

If not, I hope it's "Francisco" ;)

• VoidVoid Member

@DP said:

@LTniger said:

@DP said:

I'm not sure how many clicks it would take but moving forward if I have any issues with my services at BexusNytes and I create tickets, I really hope I still see "Jay" attending/replying to them.

No Karen ?

@jmaxwell said:

@DP said:

@LTniger said:

@DP said:

No Karen ?

Where there's Francisco, there'll be Karen :joy:

@Arkas said:

Dinesh S.
    That's the name I have.

FWIW: that happens to be the "support engineer" (according to the ticket) who blamed me with nonsensical BS.

Thanked by 1Arkas
  • _MS__MS_ Member

@Arkas said:

Dinesh S.
    That's the name I have.

Thanked by 3bdl yoursunny bulbasaur
  • edited July 2022

@DP said:

@LTniger said:

@DP said:

Fingers crossed its Fran!!

P.S. - if for any reason its not Fran, but its a certain purple daddy - there will be legal consequences for having my data sold. Just a fair warning 🙂

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited July 2022

Reading through all of this it smells of a classic tale:

When one has been acquired and the terms of the sale include you walking away and not, in any way, representing the company. That's when you abandon key social accounts and stay silent, and when it is technically appropriate to do so (from the business perspective).

But I'm pulling that out of my ass if pressed.

• @jar said:

When one has been acquired and the terms of the sale include you walking away and not, in any way, representing the company. That's when you abandon key social accounts and stay silent, and when it is technically appropriate to do so (from the business perspective).

That unfortunately looks about right

• aj_potcaj_potc Member
    edited July 2022

Could be.

I recall in the recent past Jay was openly looking to acquire small hosting companies. It seems more than odd for him to suddenly abandon this effort along with all other customer outreach.

If some sale were in the works, and took months to work out, this could explain the odd behavior. Though if I were the acquiring party, I certainly wouldn't expect this from the company to be acquired. Everything should be business as usual as much as possible.

EDIT:

Or, as others have pointed out, maybe the business is doing well and he's letting everything go on autopilot.

Is hosting really this profitable? (I'm not in the industry -- I'm just a consumer, so have no idea.)

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

What if, MXroute acquired NexusBytes, and @jar is playing us like puppet master?
    NexusBytes email plan is MXroute, so he already has access to customer data.

Thanked by 3Erisa jar Frameworks
  • ArkasArkas Moderator

He probably signed an NDA that outlines a no contact agreement until the complete takeover.

• It doesn't make sense that NB has been acquired by a third party unless that third-party doesn't care one iota about longevity or maintaining the customer-base which they've purchased, which seems odd if someone has paid money to take over the business. Unless of course it was "given" to a new third party.
    I think this is far fetched however because no one would willingly allow their personal integrity to be dragged through the mud like it has been, NDA or not.

@hadawayandplay said:
    I think this is far fetched however because no one would willingly allow their personal integrity to be dragged through the mud like it has been, NDA or not.

For the millions it brings in, you would set integrity aside and do anything.

• @yoursunny said:

On that basis you don't have integrity to set aside in the first place.

• @hadawayandplay said:

@yoursunny said:

But you have millions to set aside, so that beats integrity. When money talks - its louder than almost everything else.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • redcatredcat Member

Did NB really go involucrated or are they just slow to respond to tickets?

• LeviLevi Member

@redcat said:
    Did NB really go involucrated or are they just slow to respond to tickets?

Almost Borta level deadpool. Beyond redemption.

edited July 2022

@NobodyInteresting said:

@hadawayandplay said:

@yoursunny said:

But you have millions to set aside, so that beats integrity. When money talks - its louder than almost everything else.

Depending on how many millions.

In The Amazing Race S01E06,

Joe and Bill blocked the airport boarding gate in an attempt to cause another team miss their flight,

for an opportunity to win one million dollars.

It's hardly to imagine the same if it's just 0.01 million dollars.

edited July 2022

@yoursunny said:
    What if, MXroute acquired NexusBytes, and @jar is playing us like puppet master?
    NexusBytes email plan is MXroute, so he already has access to customer data.

I can comfortably say that as much as I like @seriesn on a personal level, I wouldn't take NexusBytes off of his hands. I figure if and when I'm ready to re-enter that type of market, I have a good position to build it out as I desire and set the prices myself. I'm impressed with his work but I'd rather build up a little more slowly.

edited July 2022

@hadawayandplay said: unless that third-party doesn't care one iota about longevity or maintaining the customer-base

It is indeed a fairly classic story around here that one might acquire a brand and then keep their mouth shut about it, in fear of further damaging it's reputation by revealing themselves as the new owners, because the brand they acquired has a better reputation than they do. Such a theory would likely dictate that the brand would need to fall below their existing reputation before they would stand up and speak. My theory not being worth more than my breakfast of course.

• who has now bought nexusbytes?

• drizbodrizbo Member

Jeff Bezos, as he was worried NB will take over their AWS customers

Thanked by 3alilet redcat Erisa
    edited July 2022

@jar said:

Hmmm, but the increasingly negative reputation of NexusBytes can hardly be in a new owners interest.

@Arkas said:
    He probably signed an NDA that outlines a no contact agreement until the complete takeover.

But wouldn't the new owner then have the team (his or NB's) work hard to keep the company working well? Also, wouldn't he want to make sure that the outside impression is positive?

Or in other words: Any new owners priority wouldn't be @seriesn, the person, but NexusBytes, the company.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • @drizbo said:
    Jeff Bezos, as he was worried NB will take over their AWS customers

aha.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@jar said:

Makes sense to me