Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ $8.88/YR- 384MB ★★ $21.85/YR- 2.5GB ★ Instant ★ Japan Pre-order ★ & More - Page 187
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ $8.88/YR- 384MB ★★ $21.85/YR- 2.5GB ★ Instant ★ Japan Pre-order ★ & More

Comments

• BwxzBwxz Member

@Bwxz said:
    Hi, my server is offline and won't power on.I have tried reinstalling all the mirrors your panel provides within 12 hours. After reinstalling, it still shows offline, and manual booting has no effect. VNC also cannot connect to the server. Please help me fix it, thanks.
    My server keeps offline after being activated.My ticket has been unanswered for over three days.
    Ticket #489556
    JP TYOC036

My server has been offline for four days and the ticket has not been answered.
    Can you reply to a refund ticket? I don't think you want to reply to a technical support ticket, so I'll give me a refund.

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

@xpreboun said:

@VirMach said:
    That just leaves Chicago, Miami, and Frankfurt. Chicago was part of the sale but I don't know where we're at since we're trying not to use Psychz.

Since you mentioned this I have to ask ... did you turn off pre-order for Chicago sometime in the past (before the pre-order sale on LET ends)? I remember when I was checking for the locations, Chicago wasn't selectable for me

Perhaps it was never on for the sale, which would be a good thing. Honestly I don't remember. I'm going to try to open up migration to Ryzen without data for all of Chicago and see how many people are left and move from there.

We may also consider sending an email to these people letting them know they should create a ticket if they really want to remain in Chicago and keep a tally.

Thanked by 1xpreboun
  • @VirMach said:
    ISO sync is running for all Ryzen servers.

Templates almost synced for Amsterdam.

When will the machines migrated to Amsterdam be open? thanks

@Rockster said: Big part of the internet will never recognize them as EU RIR IPs, and even less NL LIR IPs, so in case someone need vps in the EU to access some EU locked service (as some local services require proper LIR IPs), VPN, etc ... those most of the time won't work even after some geolocation databases update. ARIN IP will never appear in the RIPE (https://www.ripe.net) database/whois.

I believe the big three geolocation providers are db-ip, IP2Location, and MaxMind. The latter (MaxMind) can be finnicky and they usually are also highly inaccurate and will just default to the center of the US (Kansas) when they have no idea, so for ARIN, yes, they'll do that. They also confirmed that they do not pull the location from ARIN and don't process bulk updates last I checked. We'll still ask them to process this change though and hopefully they'll be reasonable.

As for db-ip, they usually do their homework and do geolocate it as Amsterdam for our current E5 Amsterdam nodes, and they usually do it without us asking. Finally, IP2Location, they're not very responsive, but it looks like even they automatically updated our E5 IPv4 blocks to Amsterdam even though they're ARIN.

But yes, you are right, if people have ACLs set up to where they only accept RIPE then that problem would be there. Later on we'll consider getting a small RIPE block and allowing customers who really need it to request it.

@Bwxz said:

@Bwxz said:
    Hi, my server is offline and won't power on.I have tried reinstalling all the mirrors your panel provides within 12 hours. After reinstalling, it still shows offline, and manual booting has no effect. VNC also cannot connect to the server. Please help me fix it, thanks.
    My server keeps offline after being activated.My ticket has been unanswered for over three days.
    Ticket #489556
    JP TYOC036

My server has been offline for four days and the ticket has not been answered.
    Can you reply to a refund ticket? I don't think you want to reply to a technical support ticket, so I'll give me a refund.

It'd be non-refundable at this point if you bought this sale and it already activated. If your service is truly broken we'll fix it and credit/extend the service so you can effectively consider it not yet activated in that case. However, we got most of these cleared up already, without a ticket, so I'd recommend assuming that your service is functional and trying a few things proven to work, such as powering it down and re-installing once using an OS that is confirmed to be available, and unmounting any ISO.

@tonyairicon said:

@VirMach said:
    ISO sync is running for all Ryzen servers.

Templates almost synced for Amsterdam.

When will the machines migrated to Amsterdam be open? thanks

I don't know what you mean by that, can you clarify please?

• I don't know what you mean by that, can you clarify please?

I chose to migrate to Amsterdam about two weeks ago and I was assigned an ip, I mean when is the migration done and ready to use. Thanks

@tonyairicon said:

I don't know what you mean by that, can you clarify please?

I chose to migrate to Amsterdam about two weeks ago and I was assigned an ip, I mean when is the migration done and ready to use. Thanks

Reservation currently only works when your node gets migrated to Ryzen. The preference to move is taken into account when we complete mass migration and you'll go to your preferred location on your reserved IP.

I'll speak to our developer to see if we can activate these sooner though.

Thanked by 1tonyairicon
  • @VirMach Is NYC Metro fully "available"? If so can we have the pre-order activated?

P.S. Any timeline on when IPv6 and reverse DNS would become available on Ryzen services?

• @VirMach looking glass for ryzen?

• edipedip Member

Amsterdam;

# ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
    #              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2022-04-30                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #

Mon 02 May 2022 07:37:08 AM +03

Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Processor  : AMD Ryzen 9 3950X 16-Core Processor
    CPU cores  : 2 @ 3499.998 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM        : 2.4 GiB
    Swap       : 256.0 MiB
    Disk       : 49.6 GiB

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 454.90 MB/s (113.7k) | 673.42 MB/s  (10.5k)
    Write      | 456.10 MB/s (114.0k) | 676.96 MB/s  (10.5k)
    Total      | 911.01 MB/s (227.7k) | 1.35 GB/s    (21.0k)
               |                      |
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
    Read       | 2.65 GB/s     (5.1k) | 4.03 GB/s     (3.9k)
    Write      | 2.79 GB/s     (5.4k) | 4.30 GB/s     (4.2k)
    Total      | 5.45 GB/s    (10.6k) | 8.33 GB/s     (8.1k)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed
                    |                           |                 |
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 934 Mbits/sec   | 938 Mbits/sec
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 933 Mbits/sec   | 936 Mbits/sec
    Hybula          | The Netherlands (40G)     | 940 Mbits/sec   | 940 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 848 Mbits/sec   | 659 Mbits/sec
    Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 826 Mbits/sec   | 464 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 788 Mbits/sec   | 269 Mbits/sec

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value
                    |
    Single Core     | 1226
    Multi Core      | 2381
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/14669580

• CalypsoCalypso Member

@VirMach said:
    Amsterdam is going to have two maintenance windows in the future, I figured I'd talk about them briefly here. One will be to move them to the permanent cabinet -- right now they are in a partial cabinet that was set up more quickly, later they'll move to their own full cabinet. The other will be to swap out the XPG drives these shipped out with (we've disabled them for now, all customers are not going to get activated on these, they are not being used.)

I trust that maintenance windows are communicated in time so I can take measures to get the affected host out of use ;-) (I have had providers in the past who either communicated "we're going to do some scheduled maintenance in 5 minutes" or sending out mail "in a couple of hours" while it was the middle of the night in the timezone the servers were standing)

edited May 2022

@xpreboun said:
    @VirMach Is NYC Metro fully "available"? If so can we have the pre-order activated?

P.S. Any timeline on when IPv6 and reverse DNS would become available on Ryzen services?

IPv6 will be added once things settle down a bit and we get most people situated. I need to add in a module that allows people to self-assign it at this point.

NYC Metro has IPv4 misconfiguration, waiting on DC again. Let's hope this round doesn't take another week but I'm hopeful.

@u104b230 said:
    @VirMach looking glass for ryzen?

We only have Tokyo up right now.
    http://tyo.lg.virmach.com/

@Calypso said:

@VirMach said:
    Amsterdam is going to have two maintenance windows in the future, I figured I'd talk about them briefly here. One will be to move them to the permanent cabinet -- right now they are in a partial cabinet that was set up more quickly, later they'll move to their own full cabinet. The other will be to swap out the XPG drives these shipped out with (we've disabled them for now, all customers are not going to get activated on these, they are not being used.)

I trust that maintenance windows are communicated in time so I can take measures to get the affected host out of use ;-) (I have had providers in the past who either communicated "we're going to do some scheduled maintenance in 5 minutes" or sending out mail "in a couple of hours" while it was the middle of the night in the timezone the servers were standing)

We always try our best but keep in mind in this scenario since they're new nodes the notices will be shorter and there's a slight possibility if it's done with short notice to us that we wouldn't be able to properly notify you.

This is a once in a server lifetime thing though, we're not going to have future situations at least I hope) where we have servers in a temporary cabinet just to get them deployed sooner or XPG drives that need to be swapped out.

I'd recommend holding off on doing anything "production" for another week if possible.

• someversomever Member
    edited May 2022

@VirMach said:

Hello,
    I have just pressed the button "Ryzen Migrate"(without data) trying to migrate from San Jose to Denver, and it results that this button is disappeared and nothing happens with my current VPS.
    Is there something wrong with it?
    Thanks

• Hello, my internet speed in TYOC033 is only 200M/S, please check if it is normal.

#              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2022-04-30                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #

Mon May  2 07:01:46 BST 2022

Basic System Information:
    Processor  : AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core Processor
    CPU cores  : 1 @ 3693.044 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM        : 349.9 MiB
    Swap       : 1.2 GiB
    Disk       : 9.6 GiB

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
    Read       | 111.70 MB/s  (27.9k) | 981.07 MB/s  (15.3k)
    Write      | 112.00 MB/s  (28.0k) | 986.23 MB/s  (15.4k)
    Total      | 223.70 MB/s  (55.9k) | 1.96 GB/s    (30.7k)
               |                      |                     
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
    Read       | 1.14 GB/s     (2.2k) | 923.79 MB/s    (902)
    Write      | 1.20 GB/s     (2.3k) | 985.31 MB/s    (962)
    Total      | 2.35 GB/s     (4.5k) | 1.90 GB/s     (1.8k)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 43.3 Mbits/sec  | 24.8 Mbits/sec 
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | busy            | 67.7 Mbits/sec 
    Hybula          | The Netherlands (40G)     | 62.0 Mbits/sec  | 188 Mbits/sec  
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 28.8 Mbits/sec  | 74.4 Mbits/sec 
    Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 29.9 Mbits/sec  | 68.3 Mbits/sec 
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 87.8 Mbits/sec  | 90.1 Mbits/sec 

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv6):
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | busy            | 45.0 Mbits/sec 
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 59.9 Mbits/sec  | 124 Mbits/sec  
    Hybula          | The Netherlands (40G)     | 93.0 Mbits/sec  | 188 Mbits/sec  
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 35.2 Mbits/sec  | 57.1 Mbits/sec 
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 31.6 Mbits/sec  | 83.2 Mbits/sec 

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value                         
                    |                               
    Single Core     | 557                           
    Multi Core      | 646                           
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/14670602

• CalypsoCalypso Member

@VirMach said:
    We always try our best but keep in mind in this scenario since they're new nodes the notices will be shorter and there's a slight possibility if it's done with short notice to us that we wouldn't be able to properly notify you.

This is a once in a server lifetime thing though, we're not going to have future situations at least I hope) where we have servers in a temporary cabinet just to get them deployed sooner or XPG drives that need to be swapped out.

I'd recommend holding off on doing anything "production" for another week if possible.

No problem - I was deliberately not asking for a timespan, since in this situation I know that things usually aren't sure. A week isn't a problem at all - new nodes I usually keep running for a number of days to see how they behave, and with the situation of a complete new location, people will be running all kinds of performance tests for a number of days anyway. And if it takes a bit longer, it is what it is - still think that given the situation it has been a hell of a job to get things running in A'dam.

My fear was more like "it will be done in a few months and notice will only get there a couple of hours before".

Still appreciate the amount of work you've put in getting things running.

Thanked by 1VirMach
  • jack1stjack1st Member

Invoice #1415108
    It is not activated yet, can you help me?

• cgkingscgkings Member

@VirMach I am very satisfied with your service, but if the configuration is not enough, can I upgrade my package?
    768 up to 2048 or 4098

@somever said:

@VirMach said:

Hello,
    I have just pressed the button "Ryzen Migrate"(without data) trying to migrate from San Jose to Denver, and it results that this button is disappeared and nothing happens with my current VPS.
    Thanks

Thanks for providing details. If that happened then yes, something's wrong with it. I'll speak to our developer.

@Calypso said: My fear was more like "it will be done in a few months and notice will only get there a couple of hours before".

Oh no, definitely not, unless we have some awful chain of events happen that's out of our control. It's more like sometime next week.

@Calypso said: Still appreciate the amount of work you've put in getting things running.

Thanks. Genuine positive feedback is always appreciated when we're seemingly being bombarded with negative, especially in a situation like this where things may not be done as we'd like but we're still working very hard and giving it a lot of effort for months on end.

@cgkings said:
    @VirMach I am very satisfied with your service, but if the configuration is not enough, can I upgrade my package?
    768 up to 2048 or 4098

Promotions can't upgrade, sorry. This is due to us recycling packages and modifying them a lot, and due to the way our billing system works, it would mean that all previous specials matching yours could also upgrade, perhaps in a way that is unintended.

They technically can apply for a custom upgrade but then it would be non-promotional pricing and I don't think a single person would be interested in paying +$3/MO for 1GB of RAM when they purchased the special at a much lower cost.

Thanked by 2ZA_capetown Calypso
  • TimCaroTimCaro Member

@VirMach said:

@somever said:

@VirMach said:

Hello,
    Thanks

Thanks for providing details. If that happened then yes, something's wrong with it. I'll speak to our developer.

My button Ryzen Migrate is also gone.
    But I chose to migrate to Tokyo a month ago, also only one more IP. now I don't want to migrate to Tokyo, but the button disappeared, I can't operate to migrate to San Jose, please help me.
    Thank you!

@TimCaro said:

@VirMach said:

@somever said:

@VirMach said:

Hello,
    Thanks

But I chose to migrate to Tokyo a month ago, also only one more IP. now I don't want to migrate to Tokyo, but the button disappeared, I can't operate to migrate to San Jose, please help me.
    Thank you!

This is intended if it's how you described it.

• TokyomTokyom Member

@VirMach said:

@TimCaro said:

@VirMach said:

@somever said:

@VirMach said:

Hello,
    Thanks

Thank you!

This is intended if it's how you described it.

Need used accessories? B)

• 1allen1allen Member

hello, @VirMach , just pressed the "Ryzen Migrate" today and chose "without data" option then. Unfortunately, nothing happened yet but the "Ryzen Migrate" button disappeared.

Just checking if something went wrong here.. :)

service id: 610475

Thanked by 1Lurkrazy
  • @1allen said:
    hello, @VirMach , just pressed the "Ryzen Migrate" today and chose "without data" option then. Unfortunately, nothing happened yet but the "Ryzen Migrate" button disappeared.

Just checking if something went wrong here.. :)

service id: 610475

me too

• totototototo Member
    edited May 2022

Great tutorial by @FrankZ (I edited it a bit)

To install O/S with CPU pass-thru enabled from a template:

• From the billing panel, not SolusVM
    • Install template AlmaLinux8, wait 15 min or more,
    • then install the template you really want to install.

To install O/S with CPU pass-thru enabled from a ISO:

• From the billing panel, not SolusVM
    • Install template AlmaLinux8, wait 15 min or more,
    • then change boot order to cd-hard drive, mount ISO of choice, reboot,
    • install from ISO using TightVNC or similar VNC program,
    • unmount ISO, change boot order to hard drive only, reboot.

How to find VNC login info (please scroll down!)
    https://billing.virmach.com/serverstatus.php

If you don't want to change boot order/ISO mount, or want to use the latest netboot.xyz, try this.
    https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3406196/#Comment_3406196

In all cases, check your boot order/ISO mount settings!

(edit) This does not solve the hardware issue, but I post this because in many cases this helps.

Thanked by 2mrTom RecD
  • jickurjickur Member

@jickur said:

@jickur said:

@VirMach said:

@jickur said:
    I want return to Tokyo in advance,the ticket #266828 which named switch from tokyo to sanjose has been closed and can't be replied,

We can't do these right now, San Jose is having problems.

When can I migrate
    @VirMach

@VirMach can you tell me how to solve this

edited May 2022

Some network improvements to Tokyo. Still not done with all the nodes but here are some results.

TYOC029 BEFORE

TYOC029 AFTER

TYOC030 BEFORE

TYOC030 AFTER

TYOC033 BEFORE

TYOC033 AFTER

TYOC034 BEFORE

TYOC034 AFTER

TYOC036 BEFORE

TYOC036 AFTER

All are using slightly different settings so I can evaluate and further tune it, so any feedback is greatly appreciated. If I hear more complaints about one node and something positive about another then we can tune the one reported as worse in real-world usage to be similar to the better one and so on and I can see what settings end up working better for everyone.

And of course each node has different load levels and different people using it so even with the same settings there may still be some variance.

(edit) TYOC036 had some I/O abuse, I posted an updated "after" photo above.

Thanked by 3tototo FAT32 nick_
  • axnowaxnow Member

@xpreboun said:

@axnow said:
    thanks, anyway just make my service can run correctly.
    i have not mount any ios, just restore as u like.
    btw, i can not reinstall system from the control panel.

Which location are you using? (And node number)
    Where did you try to install the template from? billing or SolusVM?
    Before you do anything else, click UNMOUNT in ISO selection from billing site. Change boot order to hard disk only.
    Currently you can only install OS template from billing, and if you haven't done so, try to install AlmaLinux 8. After 30 minutes, connect via VNC and see if you can see a login prompt.

i reinstall the os, and i can connect use web VNC, but i can not ping from outside.
    i have disabled firewall. it looks is network error, not about the system

• AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited May 2022

For the people who lack comprehension..
    Your IP has been reserved, for a future migration.
    The button has gone because you can't request it more than once. Simple.
    Jeez!

[Edit]
    @Virmach Could this be the cause of the confusion; from the email? (My emphasis)

While we have still not been able to schedule these migrations for entire nodes with data, we have released a feature that allows you to opt to migrate your service right now, without data, to a new Ryzen servers.

People reading this as, instant?

Thanked by 1mjcoliveira90
  • taizitaizi Member

@VirMach said: We only have Tokyo up right now.

http://tyo.lg.virmach.com/
    ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH
    https please

• totototototo Member

bench.sh result -- it definitely looks better!

@tototo said:

TYOC034
    ---
     Node Name        Upload Speed      Download Speed      Latency
     Speedtest.net    294.52 Mbps       261.50 Mbps         0.98 ms
     Los Angeles, US  26.54 Mbps        63.13 Mbps          100.10 ms
     Dallas, US       108.18 Mbps       27.83 Mbps          137.37 ms
     Montreal, CA     32.04 Mbps        64.99 Mbps          189.82 ms
     Paris, FR        40.09 Mbps        60.44 Mbps          232.76 ms
     Amsterdam, NL    77.15 Mbps        32.57 Mbps          278.92 ms
     Shanghai, CN     20.17 Mbps        26.81 Mbps          183.09 ms
     Nanjing, CN      40.34 Mbps        41.87 Mbps          43.12 ms