Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ $8.88/YR- 384MB ★★ $21.85/YR- 2.5GB ★ Instant ★ Japan Pre-order ★ & More - Page 188
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ $8.88/YR- 384MB ★★ $21.85/YR- 2.5GB ★ Instant ★ Japan Pre-order ★ & More

Comments

• BwxzBwxz Member

@VirMach said:

@Rockster said: Big part of the internet will never recognize them as EU RIR IPs, and even less NL LIR IPs, so in case someone need vps in the EU to access some EU locked service (as some local services require proper LIR IPs), VPN, etc ... those most of the time won't work even after some geolocation databases update. ARIN IP will never appear in the RIPE (https://www.ripe.net) database/whois.

I believe the big three geolocation providers are db-ip, IP2Location, and MaxMind. The latter (MaxMind) can be finnicky and they usually are also highly inaccurate and will just default to the center of the US (Kansas) when they have no idea, so for ARIN, yes, they'll do that. They also confirmed that they do not pull the location from ARIN and don't process bulk updates last I checked. We'll still ask them to process this change though and hopefully they'll be reasonable.

As for db-ip, they usually do their homework and do geolocate it as Amsterdam for our current E5 Amsterdam nodes, and they usually do it without us asking. Finally, IP2Location, they're not very responsive, but it looks like even they automatically updated our E5 IPv4 blocks to Amsterdam even though they're ARIN.

But yes, you are right, if people have ACLs set up to where they only accept RIPE then that problem would be there. Later on we'll consider getting a small RIPE block and allowing customers who really need it to request it.

@Bwxz said:

@Bwxz said:
    Hi, my server is offline and won't power on.I have tried reinstalling all the mirrors your panel provides within 12 hours. After reinstalling, it still shows offline, and manual booting has no effect. VNC also cannot connect to the server. Please help me fix it, thanks.
    My server keeps offline after being activated.My ticket has been unanswered for over three days.
    Ticket #489556
    JP TYOC036

My server has been offline for four days and the ticket has not been answered.
    Can you reply to a refund ticket? I don't think you want to reply to a technical support ticket, so I'll give me a refund.

It'd be non-refundable at this point if you bought this sale and it already activated. If your service is truly broken we'll fix it and credit/extend the service so you can effectively consider it not yet activated in that case. However, we got most of these cleared up already, without a ticket, so I'd recommend assuming that your service is functional and trying a few things proven to work, such as powering it down and re-installing once using an OS that is confirmed to be available, and unmounting any ISO.

@tonyairicon said:

@VirMach said:
    ISO sync is running for all Ryzen servers.

Templates almost synced for Amsterdam.

When will the machines migrated to Amsterdam be open? thanks

I don't know what you mean by that, can you clarify please?

Sir, I won't bother you if reinstalling the system works. My server is completely disconnected and unavailable. Then I sent a ticket with no response.

• 7cloud7cloud Member

@VirMach
    Now, after pressing the migration button, only one IP is given, and the machine has not been migrated. In this case, will the computer be migrated without notice in the later stage, resulting in loss of customer data?

And the problem now is that after pressing the migration, the button disappears automatically, and there is no way to cancel the failed migration at all.

The technology is so rubbish, don't play tricks!

• totototototo Member

@VirMach said:
    We only have Tokyo up right now.
    http://tyo.lg.virmach.com/

root@virmach-dallas:~# traceroute tyo.lg.virmach.com
    traceroute to tyo.lg.virmach.com (172.66.43.86), 30 hops max, 60 byte packets
     1  23-94-75-33-host.colocrossing.com (23.94.75.33)  0.930 ms  0.892 ms  0.841 ms
     2  10.2.4.13 (10.2.4.13)  6.112 ms 10.2.6.197 (10.2.6.197)  0.273 ms 10.2.4.13 (10.2.4.13)  5.984 ms
     3  dls-b1-link.ip.twelve99.net (62.115.144.112)  4.832 ms  4.788 ms dls-b1-link.ip.twelve99.net (62.115.144.110)  0.476 ms
     4  dls-b23-link.ip.twelve99.net (62.115.113.84)  0.573 ms  0.523 ms  0.515 ms
     5  cloudflare-ic328260-dls-b23.ip.twelve99-cust.net (62.115.61.243)  45.151 ms  1.337 ms  45.066 ms
     6  172.66.43.86 (172.66.43.86)  0.917 ms  0.985 ms  0.949 ms

It seems to be via Cloudflare.

• @tototo beat me to it!

Thanked by 1tototo
  • NoCommentNoComment Member
    edited May 2022

@taizi said:

@VirMach said: We only have Tokyo up right now.

ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH
    https please

A possible reason is they use the free certs from cloudflare which only allow x.virmach.com wildcard but not x.x.virmach.com

Or maybe they did not get a cert that allows that wildcard.

P.S. replaced * with x for formatting reasons

• TokyomTokyom Member

Tokyo40

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

Added Chinese translation to some of the migration text as this was previously provided to us. The formatting looks really bad, but hopefully it's legible to some degree.

Thanked by 1FAT32
  • someversomever Member

@VirMach said:

Hello,
    There is a problem that all those VPS(once used "Ryzen Migrate" without data), can't reinstall in the control panel, where shows "No media found for this virtual server".
    Reinstall OS only can be executed in the main website, but there is a limit of reinstall times in total.
    Please help to fix the function of "Reinstall" in the control panel after "Ryzen Migrate" .
    Thank you very much
    Sincerely

edited May 2022

@NoComment said:

@taizi said:

@VirMach said: We only have Tokyo up right now.

ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH
    https please

A possible reason is they use the free certs from cloudflare which only allow x.virmach.com wildcard but not x.x.virmach.com

Or maybe they did not get a cert that allows that wildcard.

P.S. replaced * with x for formatting reasons

I believe wildcard only counts for the first depth. So for lg.virmach.com it would work but for tyo.lg.virmach.com we would need to get a wildcard for "lg.virmach.com" and so on and we don't have that. I can make it work through CF but I think it would break something else IIRC.

I could of course just change the formatting of the domain but it's not something that's urgent right now.

@somever said:

@VirMach said:

Hello,
    There is a problem that all those VPS(once used "Ryzen Migrate" without data), can't reinstall in the control panel, where shows "No media found for this virtual server".
    Reinstall OS only can be executed in the main website, but there is a limit of reinstall times in total.
    Please help to fix the function of "Reinstall" in the control panel after "Ryzen Migrate" .
    Thank you very much
    Sincerely

What's the package name?

• someversomever Member
    edited May 2022

@VirMach said:
    What's the package name?

I have two package, "Ryzen Special 2560" and "Ryzen Special 1536", both of them have appeared this problem.
    (after "Ryzen Migrate", the VPS can't reinstall in the control panel , where shows "No media found for this virtual server")

@somever said:

@VirMach said:
    What's the package name?

I have two package, "Ryzen Special 2560" and "Ryzen Special 1536", both of them have appeared this problem.
    (after "Ryzen Migrate", the VPS can't reinstall in the control panel , where shows "No media found for this virtual server")

Okay, that info is helpful. Yeah, I can see why that could be a problem since Ryzen doesn't have OS in control panel. I'll have developer fix the re-install quantity issue, we need to pass that on it seems or it defaults to 0 apparently based on what you've stated.

In the meantime I'll see if I can fix the SolusVM images for the most popular packages.

Can any Chinese speaker confirm if the translations look OK?

• BwxzBwxz Member

@Bwxz said:

@VirMach said:

@Rockster said: Big part of the internet will never recognize them as EU RIR IPs, and even less NL LIR IPs, so in case someone need vps in the EU to access some EU locked service (as some local services require proper LIR IPs), VPN, etc ... those most of the time won't work even after some geolocation databases update. ARIN IP will never appear in the RIPE (https://www.ripe.net) database/whois.

I believe the big three geolocation providers are db-ip, IP2Location, and MaxMind. The latter (MaxMind) can be finnicky and they usually are also highly inaccurate and will just default to the center of the US (Kansas) when they have no idea, so for ARIN, yes, they'll do that. They also confirmed that they do not pull the location from ARIN and don't process bulk updates last I checked. We'll still ask them to process this change though and hopefully they'll be reasonable.

As for db-ip, they usually do their homework and do geolocate it as Amsterdam for our current E5 Amsterdam nodes, and they usually do it without us asking. Finally, IP2Location, they're not very responsive, but it looks like even they automatically updated our E5 IPv4 blocks to Amsterdam even though they're ARIN.

But yes, you are right, if people have ACLs set up to where they only accept RIPE then that problem would be there. Later on we'll consider getting a small RIPE block and allowing customers who really need it to request it.

@Bwxz said:

@Bwxz said:
    Hi, my server is offline and won't power on.I have tried reinstalling all the mirrors your panel provides within 12 hours. After reinstalling, it still shows offline, and manual booting has no effect. VNC also cannot connect to the server. Please help me fix it, thanks.
    My server keeps offline after being activated.My ticket has been unanswered for over three days.
    Ticket #489556
    JP TYOC036

Can you reply to a refund ticket? I don't think you want to reply to a technical support ticket, so I'll give me a refund.

It'd be non-refundable at this point if you bought this sale and it already activated. If your service is truly broken we'll fix it and credit/extend the service so you can effectively consider it not yet activated in that case. However, we got most of these cleared up already, without a ticket, so I'd recommend assuming that your service is functional and trying a few things proven to work, such as powering it down and re-installing once using an OS that is confirmed to be available, and unmounting any ISO.

@tonyairicon said:

@VirMach said:

Sir, I won't bother you if reinstalling the system works. My server is completely disconnected and unavailable. Then I sent a ticket with no response.

I waited two months for the server to activate and it didn't work. It seems like it's still my fault that he can't use it, I can't understand it. Can I understand this as an arrogant attitude?

@Bwxz said:

@Bwxz said:

@VirMach said:

@Bwxz said:

@Bwxz said:
    Ticket #489556
    JP TYOC036

@tonyairicon said:

@VirMach said:

I waited two months for the server to activate and it didn't work. It seems like it's still my fault that he can't use it, I can't understand it. Can I understand this as an arrogant attitude?

If the server didn't provision correctly then please assume that it is in a pending activation state, your due date will be adjusted accordingly. I understand that you're eager to use the service but this is a very rare situation in this case and we will of course make it right. In this case do use the priority department and we'll get to your ticket as soon as possible.

• BwxzBwxz Member

@VirMach said:

@Bwxz said:

@Bwxz said:

@VirMach said:

@Bwxz said:

@Bwxz said:
    Ticket #489556
    JP TYOC036

@tonyairicon said:

@VirMach said:

If the server didn't provision correctly then please assume that it is in a pending activation state, your due date will be adjusted accordingly. I understand that you're eager to use the service but this is a very rare situation in this case and we will of course make it right. In this case do use the priority department and we'll get to your ticket as soon as possible.

Doesn't priority support cost an extra $15, but it's not my fault that the server isn't working.

• BwxzBwxz Member

@Bwxz said:

@VirMach said:

@Bwxz said:

@Bwxz said:

@VirMach said:

@Bwxz said:

@Bwxz said:
    Ticket #489556
    JP TYOC036

@tonyairicon said:

@VirMach said:

Doesn't priority support cost an extra $15, but it's not my fault that the server isn't working.

OK,Thanks.I'll try it.

• 7cloud7cloud Member
    edited May 2022

@AlwaysSkint said:
    For the people who lack comprehension..
    Your IP has been reserved, for a future migration.
    The button has gone because you can't request it more than once. Simple.
    Jeez!

[Edit]
    @Virmach Could this be the cause of the confusion; from the email? (My emphasis)

While we have still not been able to schedule these migrations for entire nodes with data, we have released a feature that allows you to opt to migrate your service right now, without data, to a new Ryzen servers.

People reading this as, instant?

Could cancel the failed migration, I need migration now, not future. And I select migrate without data. If virmach can do not operate, then the should not put * on these datacenter.

@VIRMACH You poor technoloy if can not make people do migration themself. you should not open these datacenter. And you should give the peopel right to cancel the faild migration.

@7cloud said:

@AlwaysSkint said:
    Jeez!

[Edit]
    @Virmach Could this be the cause of the confusion; from the email? (My emphasis)

While we have still not been able to schedule these migrations for entire nodes with data, we have released a feature that allows you to opt to migrate your service right now, without data, to a new Ryzen servers.

Could cancel the failed migration, I need migration now, not future. And I select migrate without data. If virmach can do not operate, then the should not put * on these datacenter.

@VIRMACH You poor technoloy if can not make people do migration themself. you should not open these datacenter. And you should give the peopel right to cancel the faild migration.

What service do you have, and what location with an asterisk did you select? Did you also select without data or did you select with data?

• totototototo Member
    edited May 2022

@VirMach said:

My Chinese friend said

作为我们逐渐转换到Ryzen宿主机的一部分工作,我们现在允许顾客选择他们期望将现有的服务器迁移到哪一个地区,请在下面选择你偏好迁移到的目标地区
    ↓
    作为我们向Ryzen主机节点迁移的一环,我们允许客户选择将其服务迁移至何处,请在下面选择你偏好迁移到的目标地区。

is better. For other sentence, I'm waiting for his reply. He is at office now, so he translated only one sentence.

(edit) He told me that it would be more explicit to split it up this way.

带有 * 星号的地区表示你可以在选择不保留数据的情况下立刻迁移过去。
    其他地区则需要等待后续的迁移计划。
    在点击提交以后,系统为尝试为你在迁移目的地区 * 保留新的IP地址,但并不表示迁移会立即发生。

• fanfan Veteran

@VirMach said: if the translations look OK

Mostly, but the last sentence of the first last is a bit confusing, it says "after clicking the button, system will try to reserve a new IP address for you, but it doesn't mean migration will happen immediately", better to put it in a new paragraph and state it is for non-immediate migration locations.

And BTW, for locations without *, does the migration happen individually once location in which an IP was reserved is ready, or when the whole Intel node gets migrated? If it's the latter, perhaps people will choose differently.

Thanked by 1tototo
  • taizitaizi Member
    edited May 2022

@tototo said:

@VirMach said:

My Chinese friend said

↓

is better. For other sentence, I'm waiting for his reply. He is at office now, so he translated only one sentence.

其他地区则需要等待后续的迁移计划。

↓

作为我们向 Ryzen 主机节点迁移的一环,我们允许客户选择将其服务迁移至何处,请在下面选择你偏好迁移到的目标地区。

added space for words between Chinese

and, can anyone send me the screenshot or text of the original text? I can't get it because my server is still pending

• 7cloud7cloud Member
    edited May 2022

@7cloud said:

@AlwaysSkint said:
    Jeez!

[Edit]

Nertherland location with an asterisk and select without data. But instant transfer can not make effect. Only give me a another IP.

• totototototo Member

@taizi said:

@tototo said:

@VirMach said:

My Chinese friend said

↓

其他地区则需要等待后续的迁移计划。

作为我们向 Ryzen 主机节点迁移的一环,我们允许客户选择将其服务迁移至何处,请在下面选择你偏好迁移到的目标地区。

added space for words between Chinese

and, can anyone send me the screenshot or text of the original text? I can't get it because my server is still pending

As part of our transition to Ryzen host nodes we are allowing clients to choose where they would like to have their services migrated to. Please select your preferred location below.
    作为我们逐渐转换到 Ryzen 宿主机的一部分工作,我们现在允许顾客选择他们期望将现有的服务器迁移到哪一个地区,请在下面选择你偏好迁移到的目标地区

Locations marked with an asterisk(*) are available for immediate migration without data. 
    带有 * 星号的地区表示你可以在选择不保留数据的情况下立刻迁移过去,其他地区则需要等待后续的迁移计划,在点击提交以后,系统为尝试为你在迁移目的地区 * 保留新的 IP 地址,但并不表示迁移会立即发生。

Choose whether you need to have your data migrated or not. Choosing to have your service migrated without data will allow us to migrate your server a lot faster. 
    请确认在迁移此服务到新的地区时是否需要同时迁移你服务器里面已有的数据,如果你选择不保留数据(Without Data)的话可以让迁移过程更快一些。

Thanked by 2lemoncube taizi
  • sky3967sky3967 Member

https://virmach.com/ryzen-special-offer-news-updates/
    Does the page need to be updated. There is no update on the progress of the last 3% pre-sale in the latest news update :/

• @VirMach said:
    Some network improvements to Tokyo. Still not done with all the nodes but here are some results.

TYOC029 have been significantly improved,thank you very much !

29 node at the moment
    Imgur

Thanked by 1VirMach
  • ucpaopaoucpaopao Member
    edited May 2022

@sky3967 said:

emmm

• TokyomTokyom Member

@sky3967 said:
    https://virmach.com/ryzen-special-offer-news-updates/
    Does the page need to be updated. There is no update on the progress of the last 3% pre-sale in the latest news update :/ ,

100% has been shipped, how come there is still 3% unshipped? No, I hope you can continue to wait patiently or apply for a refund. At present, my job is to do a good job in the migration work first. Do you want to buy it or not? :D

This discussion has been closed.