Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MaxKVM Global Network Outage - Page 21
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

MaxKVM Global Network Outage

Comments

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@PieHasBeenEaten said:
    Between MaxKVM and TinyWeasel this is a clusterfuck.

Any chance you can clean all the 'inappropriate' posts up?

• _MS__MS_ Member
    edited April 2022

@PieHasBeenEaten said:

Max and Tiny. What a couple!

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@MaxKVM said: @Francisco, hey . Do you think @jbiloh should change the title back?

@MaxKVM said: Hey, @jbiloh. The thread title has been changed by your administrators. Can you change it back?

@MaxKVM said: What would you like to know? We are working to keep our customers online, obviously. You are simply misleading them. Your moderator has admitted to bias.

@MaxKVM said: @jbiloh should my fellow providers know the truth

@MaxKVM said: @jbiloh I really don't like to repeat myself and I am not here to embarrass anyone. Please change the title back. Thank you.

Really, is this what you should be focused on?

I've got the flu and don't feel like wading back through the change log. How about we make this deal:

(1) You provide unequivocal proof that your service is being terminated for legitimate free speech reasons.

(2) We'll change the title to whatever you want.

@PieHasBeenEaten said: Between MaxKVM and TinyWeasel this is a clusterfuck.

Thanked by 1PieHasBeenEaten
  • DazzleDazzle Member
    edited April 2022

@raindog308 said:

(1) You provide unequivocal proof that your service is being terminated for legitimate free speech reasons.

• Plus 1 grand from @jar
    Thanked by 2jar msallak1
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@Dazzle said:

@raindog308 said:

• Plus 1 grand from @jar

I’ll chuck an extra GBP10 on too, which I’m pretty sure is equivalent to about USD10,000 these days

Thanked by 2jar webcraft

@Nekki said: I’ll chuck an extra GBP10 on too, which I’m pretty sure is equivalent to about USD10,000 these days

And about 100,000,000 rubles.

And @MaxKVM, I went and looked and the original thread title was "FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE". Seriously?

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • mirocmiroc Member

@raindog308 said:

@Nekki said: I’ll chuck an extra GBP10 on too, which I’m pretty sure is equivalent to about USD10,000 these days

And about 100,000,000 rubles.

And @MaxKVM, I went and looked and the original thread title was "FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE". Seriously?

ok ok but whats your favorite biscuit?

Thanked by 1Nekki
  • Welcome, LowEndBox newsletter readers!

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • @stevewatson301 said: Says the guy who can't implement a few callbacks between nss and Python to bypass Cloudflare's bot management.

After you mentioned Cloudflare bot management in a couple of different threads, it became very interesting for me as to why you are so fixated on that topic.

You should know that I am an extremely lazy person. My comment about Cloudflare fingerprinting TLS extensions, HTTP/2 and none of the major browsers using OpenSSL was just a loose remark. In the end I did bypass the protection, not by writing additional code, but just by lazily using another pool of IP addresses that weren't blocked. I forgot about the thing and moved on, but your persistent comments made me go back to it and read a bit on that topic.

Python-nss library certainly has a learning curve. Overriding TLS handling in urllib or python-requests is not something that you just trivially plug in. Documentation is quite scarce, as you'd expect for a library basically made as a component for a single browser, and I haven't managed to find a working example of that being accomplished. Granted, I haven't searched for very long because I'd rather masturbate than research obscure material to rebuke random person on the internet, but that makes me conclude that you either:

a) are talking shit and have no idea what is required,

or

b) have succeeded attacking Cloudflare-protected sites, such as LowEndTalk, and you're just trying to diminish the value of that accomplishment.

The latter conclusion makes me wonder: are you tinyweasel? You're accusing me of being one, based on a particular malicious skill, and apparently it turns out you're much more proficient in it than I am.

Perl sucks BTW.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@dane_doherty said:
    Perl sucks BTW.

I chuckled when that thing earlier suggested I build a panel in perl. I wouldn't read perl to save my own penis from being cut off.

Thanked by 2jsg kevertje
  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@MannDude said:
    If an upset customer of Racknerd asked for all members of the forum to spam them, they'd get banned. Why does an upset customer of Hivelocity get a pass for this behavior? @jbiloh , a user has requested that your members spam a large company, the type of company you should actually be trying to attract and get involved in your community (like some of the other reps from large providers that pop in from time to time). And that behavior is okay with you?

In this thread zero actual communication has been made to the impacted customers of MaxKVM.

• They do not know if they will go offline again tomorrow.
    • They do not know if they are being migrated to another facility.
    • They do not know if any immediate action is required on their behalf.

The only thing that has been communicated to them from their provider is, "Hey, spam our datacenter"

Additionally, zero questions have been answered.

• Did Hivelocity get abuse reports about a specific site that MaxKVM didn't want to suspend, stating it's a legal site that is the owner's outlet for free speech?
    • Did Hivelocity reach out to their customer (MaxKVM) with a concern and get told to eat shit, and MaxKVM claiming it's their right to free speech to abuse a business providing them a service?
    • What is the "Free speech" issue that MaxKVM so adamantly wants his customers and strangers to spam this provider about?

This is why a lot of serious businesses think this place is a joke.

You think @MaxKVM is getting a pass? That's not my impression from this thread. Seems to me MaxKVM is getting a very rough ride.

Thanked by 1JasonM
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@JeDaYoshi said:
    Welcome, LowEndBox newsletter readers!

Surely fucking not

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@PieHasBeenEaten said:

What if, MaxKVM is owned by TinyWeasel?

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@yoursunny said:

@PieHasBeenEaten said:

What if, MaxKVM is owned by TinyWeasel?

What if TinyWeasel own Elon Musk?

Thanked by 1PieHasBeenEaten
  • @MaxKVM said:
    No, but we would like to speak with tinyweasel:

>inb4 Hivelocity starts getting bomb threats

Thanked by 1bulbasaur
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@MaxKVM said:
    No, but we would like to speak with tinyweasel:

Invoking T-Dubz, bold.

• JeDaYoshiJeDaYoshi Member
    edited April 2022

That was quite a speedily moderated comment.

• ErisaErisa Member

You okay there @MaxKVM?

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Thanked by 1MaxKVM
  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@JeDaYoshi said:

This thread is being closely monitored.

• MaxKVMMaxKVM Member
    edited April 2022

-

• ralfralf Member

@jbiloh said:

@JeDaYoshi said:

This thread is being closely monitored.

Max Brother is watching you

• TeYroXTeYroX Member
    edited April 2022

Since @cociu got his own dedicated avatar, so why not @MaxKVM?

Thanked by 2ehab _MS_
  • @MaxKVM said: Many providers have contacted us in support and we would like to work with you (even in locations we do not serve yet).

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
    Dear all alleged providers,

This is your final warning, do not work with dodgy providers that have no respect for their users, blackmail forum staff and blatantly disregard upstream providers' TOS, then create a fake free speech campaign.

Hope the kids are well,
    The entire LET 'Community'

Thanked by 2msallak1 dahartigan
  • @MaxKVM said:
    Україна?

What about Ukraine?

@dane_doherty said: Perl sucks BTW.

You're ridiculously ignorant.

Sincerely,

Someone who's been reading and writing both perl and pythons for 30 years and can immediately think of a half dozen reasons either is better than the other.

@TeYroX said: Since @cociu got his own dedicated avatar, so why not @MaxKVM?

Actually I replaced the glaobal banned avatar once the word involucrated was invented.

@jar said: I chuckled when that thing earlier suggested I build a panel in perl.

You mean like cPanel?

I wouldn't read perl to save my own penis from being cut off.

Perl from jackanapes in the 90s who wrote perl the way they wrote shell? I agree.

Perl as it's evolved over the last 30 years...I disagree. Modern Perl has the full story.

Thanked by 2TeYroX skorous

@MannDude said: If an upset customer of Racknerd asked for all members of the forum to spam them, they'd get banned. Why does an upset customer of Hivelocity get a pass for this behavior? @jbiloh , a user has requested that your members spam a large company, the type of company you should actually be trying to attract and get involved in your community (like some of the other reps from large providers that pop in from time to time). And that behavior is okay with you?

I guess I didn't read that as a serious attempt to mount a spam campaign - more like people say "I am outraged over X - email [email protected] and tell him!"

I mean, if hivelocity got even a single impassioned plea for free speech and tolerance I'll stand corrected...

I can see your point but really, did you read that as "that poor HiVelocity support department is going to be drowning in complaints" or did you just kind of giggle?

In general, bans happen because people break LET rules. We are not the LowEnd People's Court. Also, it allows hosts to continue to talk with the community. Admittedly, they generally dig their holes deeper.

As with everything it's a judgement call.

• @raindog308 said:
    I've got the flu and don't feel like wading back through the change log.

Hope you feel better soon!

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@raindog308 said:

@jar said: I chuckled when that thing earlier suggested I build a panel in perl.

You mean like cPanel?

That's exactly what I was thinking of when I typed it 🤣

This discussion has been closed.