Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MaxKVM Global Network Outage - Page 20
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

MaxKVM Global Network Outage

Comments

• @MaxKVM said:
    All data is secure and services will remain online no matter the provider. We are currently working with Hivelocity and cannot comment until we are able to send an announcement.

Many providers have contacted us in support and we would like to work with you (even in locations we do not serve yet).

Thank you.

Best of luck. Please continue to update your clients with any information you believe will help them make an informed decision.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@tigerous said:

@DP said: Hope all goes well and smoothly.

Are you going to owe up for destroying #lowendtalk? You fucking libera-netop-sucking-faggot! You will be dead in 5 years from the vaxx.

I'm not el8 enough like you to "destroy" #lowendtalk :(

@tigerous said: libera-netop-sucking-faggot!

I've probably been on IRC longer than most of them have so I don't need to suck on anything :smiley:

@tigerous said: You will be dead in 5 years from the vaxx.

Highly doubt it.

• My minecraft server is saved 🙏

Thanked by 1HalfEatenPie
  • _MS__MS_ Member

@tigerous said:

MS said:

@tigerous said:

MS said:

@masoodalam51 said:

GTFO, then.

:D , Prove me right about what I said earlier.

You're still here? Are you slow? Still using Internet Explorer?
    Anyway, learn to "Quote" people first, then reply to their comments.

Newfag.

I didn't ask your name. Why tell me, then?

How much are the libera netops paying you?

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@BigDongLong said:
    My minecraft server is saved 🙏

Loving the username, BDL.

• @s_irwin said:
    udah tanda2 ga reliable ini

any other INDONESIANS here? how should we respond this? i am so confused, too much informations without solutions.. other sides, my VM still running as well..

Bingung MODE: ON

Migrate your data, and get nice sleep.
    Unless nothing important on VM you can using it until next announcement.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@AlexBarakov said:
    I've never had Taco Bell

I can send you some?

• masoodalam51masoodalam51 Member
    edited April 2022

@HalfEatenPie said:
    I don't think I've ever mentioned that you were a MaxKVM shill. You're welcome to anything and everything you want.

I don't talk about you, and if you watch my original comment, you'll find I talk about MaxKVM won't provide any details to customers as per their comment before mine.
    And thankfully I take a full backup and up and running websites in 15 minutes after outage. Thankyou for your advice and I learned many things from this incident.

• @masoodalam51 said:

@HalfEatenPie said:
    I don't think I've ever mentioned that you were a MaxKVM shill. You're welcome to anything and everything you want.

I don't talk about you, and if you watch my original comment, you'll find I talk about MaxKVM won't provide any details to customers as per their comment before mine.
    And thankfully I take a full backup andup and running websites in 15minutes after outage. Still thanks for your advice and I learned many things from this incident.

Apologies then. But yeah from the looks of it, this is probably the only chance or time you have to get your data before this site could go offline completely. Without your own backups you might be SOL. Also no guarantees yet if MaxKVM will be willing to give out free servers or credits to people.

Hope for the best. Prepare for the worst.

• @MaxKVM said:
    All data is secure and services will remain online no matter the provider. We are currently working with Hivelocity and cannot comment until we are able to send an announcement.

Can you at least tell what the PMS was the “free speech issue” then? You shouldn’t slander a host just like that without also sharing the relevant details.

• I'm sorry. The comment you quote says no comment can be made yet.

• @HalfEatenPie said: Preparing disaster mitigation plans and/or executing it

Good guide about 1 command -> full KVM server move.

https://lowendspirit.com/discussion/3840/migrate-a-kvm-vps-from-one-host-to-another-easy-mode/

Thanked by 1jouven
  • ralfralf Member
    edited April 2022

@MaxKVM said:

Many providers have contacted us in support and we would like to work with you (even in locations we do not serve yet).

Thank you.

Although I'm not a customer, I'm glad this message has finally come out this way, it's just a shame it took a lot of nagging for you to even just say effectively "we're working on it".

Whilst it's clear that this entire situation has been handled badly, I must admit I do also feel quite sorry for MaxKVM. Although it's clear from that other thread that he can be unprofessional at times towards customers, it's also pretty unfair that his supplier can basically destroy his business. Looking at his website (apart from the the the status pages are showing green for all but one day this week), it's clear that he's put a lot more effort into it than a lot of the other budget providers, many of whom seem incapable of even customising a stock billing platform with their logo. And this thread is kind of a distraction really... whether this thread existed or not, a lot of customers will just walk at the next renewal cycle if not before, so whatever the rights or wrongs of the situation with HV, it will cause his business a lot of harm. That said, having all his eggs in one basket with one upstream provider for every data centre was also something he should have avoided as well.

• @ailice said:

@s_irwin said:
    udah tanda2 ga reliable ini

any other INDONESIANS here? how should we respond this? i am so confused, too much informations without solutions.. other sides, my VM still running as well..

Bingung MODE: ON

Migrate your data, and get nice sleep.
    Unless nothing important on VM you can using it until next announcement.

then i'll wait the announcement :wink:

• SaahibSaahib Host Rep, Veteran

@tigerous said:
    MaxKVM shit their pants, and did nothing wrong. This is Hivelocity's incompetence.

true

• @MaxKVM said:

I'm sorry. The comment you quote says no comment can be made yet.

I’m curious which datacenter would like to work with you, given that they’re signing up for you brigading your users at the slightest hint of a fallout.

• henixhenix Member

@tigerous said:
    i'm retarded

true

• @tigerous said:
    MaxKVM shit their pants, and did nothing wrong. This is Hivelocity's incompetence.

You have inside information? Please provide more details.

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited April 2022

@tigerous you did not properly tag @_MS_ in your statement above.

EDIT: In just before the ban hammer fell.

Thanked by 2Murv _MS_
  • berkayberkay Member
    edited April 2022

@tigerous said:

Is there seriously nothing in place to prevent this?

• @berkay said:

@tigerous said:

I guess not but at least I got a thread full of drama to read :)

• @berkay said:

@tigerous said:

@jbiloh @FAT32

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@tigerous said:

@IntensePorpoise said:

@tigerous said:

You have inside information? Please provide more details.

Yes, @stevewatson301 and @Francisco operate Hivelocity, just send them a PM for more information.

And he's (finally) out (again)

But it took a while (again)

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@tigerous said:
    @jar hey, have you finished smearing shit all over the LET walls?

I feel like you've been here long enough to know the answer is never yes.

• Is it to much to ask for a limit to the amount of @ on a post?

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@james50a said:
    Is it to much to ask for a limit to the amount of @ on a post?

Unless you're offering to fund the development work, yes.

Thanked by 3FrankZ webcraft skorous
  • I feel a lil left out not being included in the mass spam @ post :'(

Thanked by 2ralf IntensePorpoise
  • @drybones said:
    I feel a lil left out not being included in the mass spam @ post :'(

is okay, we too new to feel his ire.

Thanked by 1drybones
  • vedranvedran Veteran

@drybones said:
    I feel a lil left out not being included in the mass spam @ post :'(

You can take my spot.

@tinyweasel can we do that next time? Much appreciated

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting
  • PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

Between MaxKVM and TinyWeasel this is a clusterfuck.

This discussion has been closed.