Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MaxKVM Global Network Outage - Page 22
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

MaxKVM Global Network Outage

Comments

• @Astro said:

@paijrut said:

@Nekki said:

@Murv said:

@Nekki said: CAN YOU TASTE THE DRAMA, LADS?

What does drama "taste" like again?

Taco Bell

I never ate taco bell before, can you describe it?

Like a woman’s sweet nectar

But it has to be a Mexican woman, of course.

Thanked by 2bulbasaur niceboy
  • @TimboJones said:

@Astro said:

@paijrut said:

@Nekki said:

@Murv said:

@Nekki said: CAN YOU TASTE THE DRAMA, LADS?

What does drama "taste" like again?

Taco Bell

I never ate taco bell before, can you describe it?

Like a woman’s sweet nectar

But it has to be a Mexican woman, of course.

Orale!

• Kudos to @pedagang for entering into the spirit of things, with the updated avatar. :)

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@jar said: That's exactly what I was thinking of when I typed it 🤣

Yes...I have the flu and it probably makes me sound like a foam-mouthed perl partisan. My point is that people do create very large systems in perl. Heck, they do it in shell but that's another discussion.

I mostly write python instead of perl these days and have for a long time, and am well aware that perl lost the scripting wars, though I don't really think it had anything to do with the syntax. Python's "batteries included" (versus the tedium of perl module management) was probably decisive, along with the perl 5 vs perl 6 debacle. Perl preceded python by about 3 years and I was already heavily into it when the weird "tabs and not braces" language came along. Then php took the web market and python siphoned off a lot of the backend and perl became more of a sysadmin's language.

Still, perl remains an elegant, fun, even quite funny language, which is unsurprising given that it was created by a linguist. I sometimes write perl when I'm tired because it's approximately half the typing of python.

• AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited April 2022

@raindog308 said: ..it's approximately half the typing of python.

Gets my vote. ;)

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@raindog308 said: I've got the flu

OTC Antihistamines would usually fix that for me.

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker
    edited April 2022

@raindog308 said:
    Perl from jackanapes in the 90s who wrote perl the way they wrote shell? I agree.

Perl as it's evolved over the last 30 years...I disagree. (link to "how to create trouble tickets without intention" "programming language") has the full story.

Sorry, First I'll extensively study the Charles Manson charm offensive. After that "how to make friends with russels vipers", and if I survive I'll play russian roulette with a penis shredder before I afford Perl the chance to even just click on it.

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • @jsg said:

@raindog308 said:
    Perl from jackanapes in the 90s who wrote perl the way they wrote shell? I agree.

Perl as it's evolved over the last 30 years...I disagree. (link to "how to create trouble tickets without intention" "programming language") has the full story.

Sorry, First I'll extensively study the Charles Manson charm offensive. After that "how to make friends with russels vipers", and if I survive I'll play russian roulette with a penis shredder before I afford Perl the chance to even just click on it.

"I'll play russian roulette with a penis shredder" - JSG, 2022

Thanked by 1jsg

@Nekki said: Any chance you can clean all the 'inappropriate' posts up?

All of them? Vanilla sure doesn't make it easy...

MaxKVM got pwned?

Thanked by 1ehab
  • ehabehab Member

i also just saw something posted and now its gone.

Thanked by 1MaxKVM
  • MaxKVMMaxKVM Member
    edited April 2022

@DP said:
    MaxKVM got pwned?

No. Looking for contact.

@MaxKVM said:

@DP said:
    MaxKVM got pwned?

No, stupid ;)

Ah, good.

That’s what I wanted to hear.

Thanked by 2MaxKVM ehab

@jsg said: I'll play russian roulette with a penis shredder

Don't sugar-coat it for me. How do you really feel?

Thanked by 1jsg
  • @raindog308 said: All of them? Vanilla sure doesn't make it easy...

Go for it, man. You know you want to. >:)

• @s_irwin said:

@labrax said: nah bro you better backup, chargeback and move elsewhere

udah tanda2 ga reliable ini

any other INDONESIANS here? how should we respond this? i am so confused, too much informations without solutions.. other sides, my VM still running as well..

Bingung MODE: ON

Im Indonesian mas bro ... ? my response can only be patient and hope that everything will be fine and the provider will do their best to gain consumer trust

• i think he is ababil (abg labil)
    that's the problem

@kesurupan said:

@s_irwin said:

Im Indonesian mas bro ... ? my response can only be patient and hope that everything will be fine and the provider will do their best to gain consumer trust

• @kesurupan said:
    the provider will do their best to gain consumer trust

This thread is evidence that @MaxKVM are doing the exact opposite.

• @pedagang said:
    i think he is ababil (abg labil)
    that's the problem

@kesurupan said:

@s_irwin said:

Who ? Me ..

• @MannDude said:
    If an upset customer of Racknerd asked for all members of the forum to spam them, they'd get banned. Why does an upset customer of Hivelocity get a pass for this behavior? @jbiloh , a user has requested that your members spam a large company, the type of company you should actually be trying to attract and get involved in your community (like some of the other reps from large providers that pop in from time to time). And that behavior is okay with you?

In this thread zero actual communication has been made to the impacted customers of MaxKVM.

• They do not know if they will go offline again tomorrow.
    • They do not know if they are being migrated to another facility.
    • They do not know if any immediate action is required on their behalf.

The only thing that has been communicated to them from their provider is, "Hey, spam our datacenter"

Additionally, zero questions have been answered.

• Did Hivelocity get abuse reports about a specific site that MaxKVM didn't want to suspend, stating it's a legal site that is the owner's outlet for free speech?
    • Did Hivelocity reach out to their customer (MaxKVM) with a concern and get told to eat shit, and MaxKVM claiming it's their right to free speech to abuse a business providing them a service?
    • What is the "Free speech" issue that MaxKVM so adamantly wants his customers and strangers to spam this provider about?

This is why a lot of serious businesses think this place is a joke.

I don't think @Hivelocity will answer any of that due to privacy reasons. Of course, best is @MaxKVM to answer his own, but he didn't.

• Perhaps the problem is related to payment and the political war between the US and the Russians. I guess that.

• @raindog308 said:

I mean... I think Nekki just offended you. He did say "Your mum is a slag" straight to your face.

You gonna take that?

• @MaxKVM said: All data is secure and services will remain online no matter the provider. We are currently working with Hivelocity and cannot comment until we are able to send an announcement.

Many providers have contacted us in support and we would like to work with you (even in locations we do not serve yet).

Thank you.

this message came too late. after most customers including me left MaxKVM and will not return back, neither they'll get new customers from these forums as the brand is already tarnished and it points out that MaxKVM is unreliable hosting provider. Only providers have contacted them (of-course who doesn't wants money) in support.

Thanked by 1msallak1
  • @HalfEatenPie said:

@raindog308 said:

I mean... I think Nekki just offended you. He did say "Your mum is a slag" straight to your face.

You gonna take that?

its clear. no problem. lol.

• @JasonM said: this message came too late. after most customers including me left MaxKVM and will not return back, neither they'll get new customers from these forums as the brand is already tarnished and it points out that MaxKVM is unreliable hosting provider. Only providers have contacted them (of-course who doesn't wants money) in support.

Building trust in business is hard when you've been disappointed :(

Thanked by 1JasonM
  • Adam1Adam1 Member

@Nekki said: Did you ever see Gary Glitter about the place?

Wrong country I think

• Adam1Adam1 Member

@FrankZ said: I am your customer. I just see this as a rather large snafu up to this point, but I would like an update of what to expect going forward.

Would be a big shame to let this VPS go as I think it's a great deal. But I cant be doing with the uncertainty going forward.

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran

@jar said: I chuckled when that thing earlier suggested I build a panel in perl. I wouldn't read perl to save my own penis from being cut off.

What so wrong with Perl?

• Or maybe whats wrong with the penis so that he wants to cut it off.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@FrankZ said:

@jar said: I chuckled when that thing earlier suggested I build a panel in perl. I wouldn't read perl to save my own penis from being cut off.

What so wrong with Perl?

Nothing. It's my second favorite language after Fortran.

Thanked by 1skorous
This discussion has been closed.