Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Announcement: Low End Box Weekly “HR3” — “Host Rep Roundup Rodeo!”
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Announcement: Low End Box Weekly “HR3” — “Host Rep Roundup Rodeo!”

Not_OlesNot_Oles Moderator, Patron Provider
edited March 2022 in Announcements

Host Reps can publish offers in the weekly Host Rep Roundup Rodeo over at Low End Box.

Please see details posted on Low End Box.

The first HR3 is planned for Wednesday, March 16!

Host Reps, please get offers to @Not_Oles before midnight UTC on Tuesday, March 15.

Thanks everyone! ¡Saludos! :)

Comments

• LowHostingLowHosting Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2022

Hi @Not_Oles,
    I personally find LowEndBox very useless and unintuitive to visit (from the UX point of view).

• Not_OlesNot_Oles Moderator, Patron Provider

Hi @LowHosting!

I can see how you might feel that way. I just landed, so I will be working on improvements.

I just saw your recent post, just the headline -- I haven't yet had a chance to read the entire post.

It sounds like you might be leaving. So, if that's right, I give you a personal invitation from me to stay around and help make things better for everyone! Please reconsider putting your offers on Low End Box!

But, whatever happens, I wish you the best!

Best wishes and kindest regards,

Tom

• NekkiNekki Veteran

LowEndBox sucks big donkey balls.

Hi @Nekki! :)

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Congratulations on finding employment at both LET & LEB.

@Maounique said:
    I am sorry for you @Not_Oles...

Hi @Maounique! May I please ask why you are sorry for me? :)

• verovero Member, Host Rep

Over 48 hours this place has turned into panoptikum.

Thanked by 1Not_Oles
  • @vero said:
    Over 48 hours this place has turned into panoptikum.

tried googling what that means and found a wax museum

r u saying this is an artificial attempt to keep the perception of an alive community

?

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran

@Not_Oles said:

@Maounique said:

I don't feel sorry for you.

1. You live in a beautiful place, where it never gets too cold.
    2. You seem to have lots of friends.
    3. You have found a job on the internet you can do from anywhere.

It could only be better if you lived on a boat.
    (and it would not surprise me if you did)

Hi @vero!

I saw https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/177393/vero-servers-to-support-ukrainians/p1 and https://www.veroservers.com/ .

I hope you are sticking around as a Provider, but, if you stay as a Host Rep, you have my personal invitation to join in HR3.

I wish you the best!

Peace! 🌎🌍

Tom

Thanked by 1vero
  • I think you do a great job, Oles. I like the interviews but I always forget LEB exists. There is a link in the footer, and that’s it (on phone).

Maybe a few times a year there is some mention in a thread or a comment. That’s the only times I check it.

Thanked by 1Not_Oles

@FrankZ said:

@Not_Oles said:

@Maounique said:

I don't feel sorry for you.

1. You live in a beautiful place, where it never gets too cold.
    2. You seem to have lots of friends.
    3. You have found a job on the internet you can do from anywhere.

It could only be better if you lived on a boat.
    (and it would not surprise me if you did)

Ahoy @FrankZ! Yes, ragbagger here! Sold her, though, prior to moving to the desert. Snif! I miss her still! 💖

Thanked by 3FrankZ iKeyZ bark

Hi @Wicked! Thanks for your kind words! Want me to send you an SMS every time I publish a new article on LEB? Want to write a detailed guest article about the current state of SMS? Best wishes! :)

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran

@Not_Oles said: Ahoy @FrankZ! Yes, ragbagger here! Sold her, though, prior to moving to the desert. Snif! I miss her still! 💖

It takes one to know one. :sunglasses: Luckily for me I sailed mine enough years and to enough places that when I finally sold her, because I got too old, I was ok with it. Living on a boat is great, but it is also a lot of work and responsibility taking those you love to sea.

Good luck to you in your new job. Capt @Not_Oles

Thanked by 1Not_Oles
  • @Not_Oles said:
    Hi @Wicked! Thanks for your kind words! Want me to send you an SMS every time I publish a new article on LEB? Want to write a detailed guest article about the current state of SMS? Best wishes! :)

I would prefer a notification here on LET, but I guess that’s a tricky integration.

What LEB needs is a interview with the man @FlorinMarian

@Wicked said:

@Not_Oles said:

I would prefer a notification here on LET, but I guess that’s a tricky integration.

Hi @Wicked!

I see an hazi.ro LEB offer from 2021 but no interview. So maybe we at LEB could do an interview with @FlorinMarian if he's up for it. You know what I mean, the interviews involve taking time to answer questions.

I also see a recent thread here about hazi.ro selling dedicated servers.

@FlorinMarian Are you up for an interview?

@Wicked Guys! What questions should LEB ask Florin and hazi.ro?

Thanks guys!

P.S. Host Reps, please send me your HR3 offers before midnight UTC tomorrow in order to be included in Wednesday's HR3!

Thanked by 1FlorinMarian
  • FlorinMarianFlorinMarian Member, Host Rep

@Not_Oles said:

@Wicked said:

@Not_Oles said:

Hi @Wicked!

I see an hazi.ro LEB offer from 2021 but no interview. So maybe we at LEB could do an interview with @FlorinMarian if he's up for it. You know what I mean, the interviews involve taking time to answer questions.

I also see a recent thread here about hazi.ro selling dedicated servers.

@FlorinMarian Are you up for an interview?

@Wicked Guys! What questions should LEB ask Florin and hazi.ro?

Thanks guys!

P.S. Host Reps, please send me your HR3 offers before midnight UTC tomorrow in order to be included in Wednesday's HR3!

Yes, I would have no problem being interviewed.
    Time is running out, but I can make an effort for you.

Thanked by 2Not_Oles yoursunny
    edited March 2022

@FlorinMarian said:
    Yes, I would have no problem being interviewed.
    Time is running out, but I can make an effort for you.

Excellent! Thank you!

Tomorrow I will send you a PM with some questions. Then you answer. Then, haha, maybe some more questions, followed by more answers. Then we will put up the interview on Low End Box.

Many, many people will see the interview, and I hope we convince everybody to buy your servers!

If anyone has questions for @FlorinMarian please send the questions to me. Here's looking at you @Wicked! :)

One of the questions for @FlorinMarian will be something like, "Do you have a special deal to offer our readers?" So, @FlorinMarian, please give that some thought. 💲

Host Reps, please get your offers to me tomorrow, Tuesday, before midnight UTC. I want to get your offers into this week's Host Rep Roundup Rodeo H3R on Wednesday!

Thanks everyone! Best wishes from Sonora! :)

Hey Host Reps! Only about three hours until the deadline for this week's Host Rep Roundup Rodeo! If you don't want to miss out, 💸 please PM your offers to me right now! Friendly greetings from Mexico!

edited March 2022
    bash:~$ date -u
    Wed 16 Mar 2022 12:18:54 AM UTC
    bash:~$ 

Hello!

If I'm not mistaken, it seems like the time has arrived to post the first HR3 over at LEB!

How many Host Reps have taken advantage of this opportunity for free advertising?

Zero! 🤦‍♂️

In order to use in some not too unreasonable way my time and the free advertising space -- both already allocated to our Host Reps -- I'm gonna pick a couple or three ads already posted here on LET and comment on them at the HR3 over at LEB. Might take me a moment, so I will post here when the HR3 is up.

Host Reps, if you want free advertising on next week's Low End Box HR3, please PM your offers to me, @Not_Oles, before midnight UTC next Tuesday, March 22.

If you are a Host Rep and there is anything I can do to help you, please feel free to get in touch.

Best wishes 🙏 from the Sonoran Desert!

Hi everyone!

The first HR3 is live over at https://lowendbox.com/blog/first-host-rep-roundup-rodeo-hr3/

@Not_Oles said: Host Reps, if you want free advertising on next week's Low End Box HR3, please PM your offers to me, @Not_Oles, before midnight UTC next Tuesday, March 22.

If you are a Host Rep and there is anything I can do to help you, please feel free to get in touch.

Thanks! :)

• Is it possible to title the article something along the lines of "Host Rep Roundup Rodeo - Offers from X, Y, and Z", or is that already going into the advertising space?

I don't think HR3 is gonna be successful if it's written as-is.

Thanked by 1Not_Oles

@stevewatson301 said:

Is it possible to title the article something along the lines of "Host Rep Roundup Rodeo - Offers from X, Y, and Z", or is that already going into the advertising space?

I don't think HR3 is gonna be successful if it's written as-is.

Oh! Wow! Steve, that sounds like a great idea! Thanks very much!

Hey Host Reps!

Please remember to PM me your offers for next week's Host Rep Roundup Rodeo (HR3)!

Offers for next week's HR3 need to be received by midnight UTC next Tuesday, March 22.

Let me know if I can help you in any way!

Hopefully I will remember to add the offers to the title! :) Thanks again @stevewatson301!

Friendly greetings!

@Not_Oles

• I suppose this proves what we've been saying all along... LET users and hosts don't really care about LEB.

I've always seen LEB as the scammy cousin that is triyng to sell me servers that will deadpool and that you are almost certain paid for that ad space.

I feel like one of the requirements to post stuff on LEB is to be near deadpooling. So, while I applaud your efforts, I am unsurprised no one is all that interested in being listed there. It's kind of seen as a wall of shame OR the wall of the shameless (depending on how you see it)

• @KermEd said:
    I suppose this proves what we've been saying all along... LET users and hosts don't really care about LEB.

I've always seen LEB as the scammy cousin that is triyng to sell me servers that will deadpool and that you are almost certain paid for that ad space.

I feel like one of the requirements to post stuff on LEB is to be near deadpooling. So, while I applaud your efforts, I am unsurprised no one is all that interested in being listed there. It's kind of seen as a wall of shame OR the wall of the shameless (depending on how you see it)

100% this. For me - LEB equals buying hosting off of eBay or Facebook. Although the FB and eBay ones usually last slightly longer lol.

Thanked by 1skorous
  • @NobodyInteresting said:

@KermEd said:
    I suppose this proves what we've been saying all along... LET users and hosts don't really care about LEB.

100% this. For me - LEB equals buying hosting off of eBay or Facebook. Although the FB and eBay ones usually last slightly longer lol.

Haha yeah, I would trust eBay more than LEB. At least there are policies and protections...

• @KermEd said:

What originally brought me to LET was being tired of getting scammed on LEB. The community here helped by patrolling itself.

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting

Hi @KermEd! Hi @NobodyInteresting! Hi @skorous!

How could we make LEB a fully trustworthy source in your opinions?

How could you help implement your suggestions?

Helpful constructive feedback is much appreciated!

Thank you so much!