Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HAZI.ro | Dedicated servers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HAZI.ro | Dedicated servers

FlorinMarianFlorinMarian Member, Host Rep

Hello, brothers!
With hundreds of loyal customers, it's time to move on to the next level and start offering our own dedicated servers.
The budget allocated to this expansion is approximately 12000 euros.
We have serious doubts about the best possible investment and we have not yet decided whether it is worth using servers with 3rd and 4th generation processors or using AMD 5800X (the price of such a server exceeds 2000 euros per piece - without storage).
I would be interested to know how much you would be willing to pay and for what resources. (approximately, of course).
The servers will be located in Romania, in the same data center where our KVM servers are located.
As a reference, there will be no prices below 70 euro / month, even if it is too small until the commissioning of an entire rack that would lead to the renegotiation of the price for colocation.
Sincerely, Florin.

Comments

• henixhenix Member

$7

• DursDurs Member

gaming server?
    Trust me the big company buy many and a lot cheaper. In this ist way it will be not competetive.

Your biggest benefit is your position allow surfing in the internet without hard limitation, as long you dont cross the hard rules. If you go other services. I think 2025/26 is a good time.
    Intel and TSMC will open their new big plants in USA. Alone from the expensive prices which are today exist and will improve in 2025/26. You will lose a lot money in my eyes.

I live actual in Asia and see the game card how they are dropping fast. Unfortunately just temperary. The new 40 is on the way and actual krypto is not strong. If the krypto improve and the 40 came we will have a shortage again.

Thanked by 1FlorinMarian
  • @henix said:
    $7

@FlorinMarian said:
    As a reference, there will be no prices below 70 euro / month, even if it is too small until the commissioning of an entire rack that would lead to the renegotiation of the price for colocation.
    Sincerely, Florin.

• $69.99

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@FlorinMarian said:
    it is too small until the commissioning of an entire rack that would lead to the renegotiation of the price for colocation.

If you can't afford at least a whole rack, you are not meant to be selling dedicated servers.

@FlorinMarian said:
    The servers will be located in Romania, in the same data center where our KVM servers are located.

• no torrenting
    • no native IPv6
    • UDP "mitigation"
    Thanked by 1FlorinMarian
  • FlorinMarianFlorinMarian Member, Host Rep

@yoursunny said:

@FlorinMarian said:
    it is too small until the commissioning of an entire rack that would lead to the renegotiation of the price for colocation.

If you can't afford at least a whole rack, you are not meant to be selling dedicated servers.

@FlorinMarian said:

• no torrenting
    • no native IPv6
    • UDP "mitigation"

Regarding UDP, we don't have that problem anymore.
    Regarding torrenting, it is forbidded for copyrighted content.

• @FlorinMarian said:

@yoursunny said:

@FlorinMarian said:

@FlorinMarian said:

• no torrenting
    • no native IPv6
    • UDP "mitigation"

Regarding UDP, we don't have that problem anymore.
    Regarding torrenting, it is forbidded for copyrighted content.

then there is simply no advantage whatsover

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • I think you should focus on providing more vps, like buy more host nodes.

Thanked by 1FlorinMarian
  • HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider
    edited March 2022

@yoursunny said:

@FlorinMarian said:

@FlorinMarian said:

• no torrenting
    • no native IPv6
    • UDP "mitigation"

12000€ won't get you anywhere. Not even older Hardware.

I mean you can do it but in the end you will see its not worth it. You will only have a few servers after that. After deducting costs from income of renting those put, not much.

IF you do so, sell them on other places like LET to get higher amounts per server to be able to Grow or have lower ROI time.
    I mean, I sold dedis here for 60/80€/m other clients pay 149€ for easily.
    Maybe you have existing customers having demand, sell this dedis there, not publicly.

The dedicated-servers customers are different clientel if they are not from the Lowend Segment. It could be that one customer rents all your servers at once and he will rent them for years.

I have a customer here, we are setting up additional servers soon for him in the 20k Investment range. Just only for him. And there are Many customers.
    And another one who has 30 servers in use. Two examples of Many.

You can trust me. I started from zero and I also help a hosting company customer develop his Business. He's now selling dedis too but with a Full rack with us. Before Was using few 1U colo

My tip. Please do at least a full rack and fill it up. Sell all servers and then you Increase with at least additional Full Rack filled by half. Also develop your client base a bit so you have some in the back already having demand for dedis

:)

• Dedicated is too cut throat.

• For 12000EUR you'd get at most 5 dedis with R7 5800X (with enterprise-class NVMe SSD storage) - I don't think it will make any sense. Your offer may be attractive and running out of servers very fast may be a complete disaster for your reputation. As a customer, I would never trust a company, that introduces new range of servers (or new offer, like dedicated) and one hour after introduction there are no servers on stock.

It's definitely too less money for such investment. I think that your budget should be AT LEAST as big, to have let's say... 50 servers, not only with R7 5800X, but also with R5 5600X and R9 5900x/5950X to allow customers choose their config.

If you want to keep low prices, why don't you stay with 3rd gen of Ryzens?

In Geekbench (YABS, Single-Core):
    Ryzen 7 3700X (my PC): 1262
    Ryzen 9 5950X (Hetzner dedicated): 1693

Remember about big competition on this market...

Just leaving my opinion

Thanked by 1FlorinMarian
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@SirFoxy said:
    Dedicated is too cut throat.

Please don't cut my brother's throat.

Thanked by 1FlorinMarian
  • @yoursunny said:

@SirFoxy said:
    Dedicated is too cut throat.

Please don't cut my brother's throat.

gobble gobble mfer

• WickedWicked Member
    edited March 2022

I miss the old Florin. Working from his futon, selling the best budget virtual servers in all of Romania.

Now he's all fancy in his restaurant looking at selling dedis :'(