Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Announcement: Low End Box Weekly “HR3” — “Host Rep Roundup Rodeo!” - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Announcement: Low End Box Weekly “HR3” — “Host Rep Roundup Rodeo!”

Comments

• Not_OlesNot_Oles Moderator, Patron Provider

@mgcAna said: Did not know about Lowendbox, so both LET and lowendbox are inter connected ?

Hi @mgcAna! Yes. If I can help you somehow, please feel free to get in touch! Best wishes!

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@mgcAna said:

@Not_Oles said:
    Host Reps can publish offers in the weekly Host Rep Roundup Rodeo over at Low End Box.

Please see details posted on Low End Box.

The first HR3 is planned for Wednesday, March 16!

Host Reps, please get offers to @Not_Oles before midnight UTC on Tuesday, March 15.

Thanks everyone! ¡Saludos! :)

Did not know about Lowendbox, so both LET and lowendbox are inter connected ?

LEB is LET’s older, less cool brother.

It’s basically shit, so give it the finger and dedicate your rock-hard cock to LET.

Hey!

Low End Box has published our second Host Rep Roundup Rodeo (HR3)!

Host Reps! HR3 is for you guys! Please PM me your offers for next week before 12:00 pm UTC Tuesday, March 29, 2022. Your offers should go live next Wednesday or Thursday in next week's Host Rep Roundup Rodeo!

Best wishes and kindest regards,

Tom

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@Not_Oles said:
    Hey!

Host Reps! HR3 is for you guys! Please PM me your offers for next week before 12:00 pm UTC Tuesday, March 29, 2022. Your offers should go live next Wednesday or Thursday in next week's Host Rep Roundup Rodeo!

Tom

Sure hope some hosting companies take advantage of this opportunity.

It has, for years, surprised me as to how few hosting companies take advantage of the free benefits available to them. Just takes a little effort guys! Lock in the benefit for your business.

Thanked by 1Not_Oles

Hey there Host Reps!

Happy Tuesday, March 29, 2022! Please remember that it's 100% free of charge for Host Reps to advertise in Low End Box's weekly Host Rep Roundup Rodeo!

Please PM me your offers for this week's HR3 prior to midnight tonight UTC!

A little over 4-1/2 hours to get your offers in ahead of this week's deadline!

Best wishes from Sonora! :)

@Not_Oles

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@jbiloh said:

@Not_Oles said:
    Hey!

Tom

It has, for years, surprised me as to how few hosting companies take advantage of the free benefits available to them. Just takes a little effort guys! Lock in the benefit for your business.

Need to change the name.

Thanked by 1Not_Oles

Hi @Nekki! What should the name be? It's easy to say that something isn't right. It's much harder to say affirmatively what should be done! But you are intelligent and talented, so I have high confidence that you can make an affirmative contribution. Thank you for your help! Best wishes from me!

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

Title doesn't matter.
    Instead of text, it should be a weekly TV episode hosted by @Nekki , shirtless.
    That attracts traffic from both genders.

Hi @yoursunny!

Did you by any chance see the fascinating 2015 discussion by Victor Mair of the origin of the Chinese character "Duang" which was posted yesterday to HN?

It just amazed me that a new character could arrive etymologically developed from an origin in pinyin! Well, after some thought, that pathway for etymological development makes a lot of sense these days!

Tom

• @jbiloh said:

@Not_Oles said:
    Hey!

Tom

Perhaps companies do not want to be associated with LEB in any way, shape or form, even if it's for free (as it used to be, up until it stopped being free).

Can't blame them though. For many years LEB was/is basically a list of companies to avoid. It will take a LOT of time for that to change, if at all possible.

Thanked by 3yoursunny james50a adly

@NobodyInteresting said:

@jbiloh said:

@Not_Oles said:
    Hey!

Tom

Perhaps companies do not want to be associated with LEB in any way, shape or form, even if it's for free (as it used to be, up until it stopped being free).

Can't blame them though. For many years LEB was/is basically a list of companies to avoid. It will take a LOT of time for that to change, if at all possible.

How is LEB not free?

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting
  • edited March 2022

@jbiloh said:

@NobodyInteresting said:

@jbiloh said:

@Not_Oles said:
    Hey!

Tom

How is LEB not free?

To post as a provider? Well, I guess it's free, you just gotta pay for the provider tag :-)

EDIT: Oh, you mean to post as Host Rep, which is free to obtain. My bad, forgot thats for Host Reps.

Doesn't change that provides don't want to be associated with it just yet. Who knows, maybe for new users that will change. But for OG users - LEB will always have a big warning sign.

edited March 2022

@NobodyInteresting said: To post as a provider? Well, I guess it's free, you just gotta pay for the provider tag :-)

Submitting offers to LowEndBox is free for all hosting companies: https://lowendbox.com/submit-an-offer/

• edited March 2022

@jbiloh said:

@NobodyInteresting said: To post as a provider? Well, I guess it's free, you just gotta pay for the provider tag :-)

Submitting offers to LowEndBox is free for all hosting companies: https://lowendbox.com/submit-an-offer/

Huh? Wait wait... So LET is paid for a provider tag, but LEB is free?

I thought that the changes you are making would result in paying $200/yr for a provider tag on both platforms? Or did that change? Or..did I not understand anything, yet again 😂

edited March 2022

LEB is free

LET is free for host reps

LET has a fee for provider tags

The idea behind HR3 is that it provides even more exposure (than what is available to them on LET) to host rep level companies via LEB. Those same host rep companies can still submit offers to LEB, and if they are intriguing enough they will be featured. So for hosts willing to put in just a modest amount of work you can really amp up the exposure on our platform without paying anything.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@Not_Oles said:
    Hi @Nekki! What should the name be? It's easy to say that something isn't right. It's much harder to say affirmatively what should be done! But you are intelligent and talented, so I have high confidence that you can make an affirmative contribution. Thank you for your help! Best wishes from me!

I already tried to have a conversation about his with you and you ignored the points I made. I’m not engaging further.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@yoursunny said:
    Title doesn't matter.
    Instead of text, it should be a weekly TV episode hosted by @Nekki , shirtless.
    That attracts traffic from both genders.

I would take a photocopy of the Racknerd logo and take a shit on it at the end of each week’s episode whilst screaming ‘fuck Purple Daddy, look what he made me do!’.

Thanked by 3yoursunny ariq01 lentro

Happy Sunday everyone! :)

This week's HR3 went up yesterday! Please see:

https://lowendbox.com/blog/three-special-vps-offers-from-bruh21-of-gardencloud-third-host-rep-roundup-rodeo/

This coming week's HR3 number four might be improved. Maybe we could add a little more content?

So, Host Reps, please PM offers plus maybe a little more content to me, @Not_Oles, prior to midnight UTC on Tuesday, April 5.

Best wishes from Sonora! ✨💖

Tom

@Not_Oles said: This coming week's HR3 number four might be improved. Maybe we could add a little more content?

Haha, maybe we could improve HR3 by adding a few more listings with a bit more content for each listing? :)

edited April 2022

Hi Host Reps!

Are you in for this week's HR3 closing tomorrow, Tuesday, April 12, 2022 at midnight UTC?

If you are in, and if you get something to me earlier than the deadline, then your part of the HR3 can be prepared in advance. With advanced preparation HR3 might be published sooner, thus getting you more days of ad impressions.

@Francisco Now that you are a Host Rep, would you please consider supporting HR3 by sending me an offer for this week's HR3? :) It's free advertising, so why not? :)

@MikeA You also have my personal invitation! :) It's free advertising, so why not? :)

@dustinc @VirMach Please consider utilizing our new "Host Rep For A Day" program! Established providers can become Host Reps for a day, submit free advertising to Low End Box's HR3, and then automagically revert to full provider status. It's free advertising, so why not? :)

Any beginning providers who were "frozen out" by the fee implementation, c'mon guys I started HR3 especially for you! Please send me something you want to sell on HR3! It's free advertising, so why not? :)

Er . . . um . . . anticipating a possible landslide, please remember I'm just one guy. Might have to cut it off at the first few offers received. Just saying. . . . :)

Best wishes and kindest regards from @Not_Oles and HR3! :)

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Not_Oles said: @Francisco Now that you are a Host Rep, would you please consider supporting HR3 by sending me an offer for this week's HR3? It's free advertising, so why not?

I don't have any offers to make at this time. The only time we've ever offered anything outside of what's on the tin, was when we sent a special offer to @manndude for vpsboard.

Francisco

Thanked by 1Not_Oles
  • ErisaErisa Member

@Not_Oles said: @dustinc @VirMach Please consider utilizing our new "Host Rep For A Day" program! Established providers can become Host Reps for a day, submit free advertising to Low End Box's HR3, and then automagically revert to full provider status. It's free advertising, so why not?

I don't mean any offense but this sounds.. really dumb and kind of defeats the point of a Host Rep roundup entirely.

Thanked by 1adly
  • CoastHostingCoastHosting Member, Host Rep

Well that was a waste paying for a tag. We will be posting offers over at WHT

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@CoastHosting said:
    Well that was a waste paying for a tag. We will be posting offers over at WHT

Lol

@Not_Oles said:

@dustinc @VirMach Please consider utilizing our new "Host Rep For A Day" program! Established providers can become Host Reps for a day, submit free advertising to Low End Box's HR3, and then automagically revert to full provider status. It's free advertising, so why not? :)

Not joking about wanting more of our Host Reps to enjoy free advertising on HR3.

The "Host Rep For A Day" program is just my sense of humor getting out of control. Apologies to anyone who thought HR4AD was serious.

Best wishes and kindest regards to everyone! 💖

@Erisa said:

@Not_Oles said: Please consider utilizing our new "Host Rep For A Day" program! Established providers can become Host Reps for a day, submit free advertising to Low End Box's HR3, and then automagically revert to full provider status. It's free advertising, so why not?

I don't mean any offense but this sounds.. really dumb and kind of defeats the point of a Host Rep roundup entirely.

Can the rest of us automagically change to Host Rep for a day?
    I want to submit this offer: send me a 🥭 and receive a push-up.

Thanked by 3Erisa Not_Oles james50a
    edited April 2022

@yoursunny said:

@Erisa said:

@Not_Oles said: Please consider utilizing our new "Host Rep For A Day" program! Established providers can become Host Reps for a day, submit free advertising to Low End Box's HR3, and then automagically revert to full provider status. It's free advertising, so why not?

Can the rest of us automagically change to Host Rep for a day?
    I want to submit this offer: send me a 🥭 and receive a push-up.

Hi @yoursunny!

Right now Host Rep Tags require an application to the Support Desk following the template shown in the Rules.

Essentially the same procedure as for a Provider Tag.

Maybe the Support Desk would approve your application for mangohost.com.

Just in case the application is approved, here is my 🥭! Please double my push-ups!

I want to support all Host Reps, even those like you who are in the process of applying for their Host Rep Tags.

Best wishes for Happy Push-ups! 💖

Tom

• CoastHostingCoastHosting Member, Host Rep

@Not_Oles said: @dustinc @VirMach Please consider utilizing our new "Host Rep For A Day" program! Established providers can become Host Reps for a day, submit free advertising to Low End Box's HR3, and then automagically revert to full provider status. It's free advertising, so why not?

This is pointless and blurs the lines why established providers even pay for a tag.

@Not_Oles said:
    Right now Host Rep Tags require an application to the Support Desk following the template shown in the Rules.

Can you automagically upgrade us to Host Rep for one day to participate in the new Host Rep For A Day program, without all these application forms?

Thanked by 1Not_Oles

Sure! It's free advertising! Why not! 🎉