Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HostSolutions hacked? - Page 10
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HostSolutions hacked?

Comments

• @KermEd said:
    I'd change passwords anyway though because who knows who else obtained the data and stayed quiet.

Exactly this.

Thanked by 1bulbasaur
  • @stefeman said:
    Personally im glad that @hostingsolutionssux posted here with full explanation, now that people have their curiousity fulfilled, they suddenly start to request for ban? Trash. Shame on you. Personally im at ease now that I know how it happened and that its just some random with my data, and someone ethical enough to have patience to argue with us rather than just post it to raidforums.

Please post it to HIBP and delete it as you said and you have my full respect.

Still, it would had been better if you never had hacked that data, but at least you are not the worst kind of asshole based on ur responses on this thread.

I’m not trash, thank you. I just have zero respect for people who make me wake up in the morning with an email: “I hacked HostSolutions and if Marius is not acknowledging my hack, I am going to publieh your data.” How can I have respect for someone who is blackmailing me over something I obviously don’t even have influence on?

And then he signs up at a forum to come boasting about that he hacked HostSolutions. So what does this guy want from me? A trophy? He got what he wanted: I contacted Marius. Marius says yes we were hacked.

And that was it. The story has ended. Now we can ban the account and go on with our lifes. And as a thank for this LET drama, it would be nice to find out it this guy actually already is a member on LET and what his own account was.

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

As per section 5 paragraph 3 line 5. User must be banned but at least everyone got an explanation I guess.

• @marian said:

@hostingsolutionssux said: I created an account on here purely so I could try to explain what happened better. Also so I could figure out more as to what I should do.

also @Calin's email reply was priceless

Will it get him banned though

• PieHasBeenEaten said:
    As per section 5 paragraph 3 line 5. User must be banned but at least everyone got an explanation I guess.

Narc

• @dosai said:

@marian said:

@hostingsolutionssux said: I created an account on here purely so I could try to explain what happened better. Also so I could figure out more as to what I should do.

also @Calin's email reply was priceless

Will it get him banned though

I hope it does. People like Calin should be kept away from this community. Attempting to acquire another company's database illegally and discreetly after what has happened is undoubtedly immoral.

• DennisdeWitDennisdeWit Member
    edited December 2021

So, user is banned and now is stalking me in my mailadress I used with HostSolutions. He promised it would be his last mail, so that's it, I hope. He apologized for breaching, though.

My professional advice: stay away from @Calin's businesses. I generally like Romanians, but not the ones that try to steal or do business in shady ways. The only reason why I was in the HS database was because of I got a trial from @cociu years ago.

@KermEd a Narc! I think you used it in the wrong context there! I’m the po po aka pig

Also @calin is banned! This not the place to conduct major criminal offenses! Really wtf was he thinking! Anyways

• When people will release that cociu is not here anymore? He is unbanned, but never logged again, probably he got out of business. So why mention Cociu if he doesn't care about it?

Forget Hostsolutions, that's and move on. If you have services with him, go with lawyer and move on. Nothing can be made.

• MikaelStrangMikaelStrang Member
    edited December 2021

@DennisdeWit said:
    So, user is banned and now is stalking me in my mailadress I used with HostSolutions. He promised it would be his last mail, so that's it, I hope. He apologized for breaching, though.

My professional advice: stay away from @Calin's businesses. I generally like Romanians, but not the ones that try to steal or do business in shady ways. The only reason why I was in the HS database was because of I got a trial from @cociu years ago.

Wtf I woke up and theres like 5 more pages on this post....... :s

Just read thru everything

How'd they stalk you?

Could u share screenshot of the email here? Mayb someone will notice the spelling // way they speak as somebody on here as you insinuated they may have an account on here

Thanked by 1Demindiro
  • @PieHasBeenEaten Am I allowed to share the screenshot from the mail I got? (upon @MikaelStrang request)

• malignifymalignify Member
    edited December 2021

@sandoz said:
    When people will release that cociu is not here anymore? He is unbanned, but never logged again, probably he got out of business. So why mention Cociu if he doesn't care about it?

Forget Hostsolutions, that's and move on. If you have services with him, go with lawyer and move on. Nothing can be made.

You mean realize. Release is the word HostSolutions customers would be afraid of if it's concerning their personal data. Especially with people like Calin around.

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint

@DennisdeWit i see no problem with it

• @sandoz said: probably he got out of business

no no no, we cannot assume that, we need facts. /joke

some members of this forum will tell you that it just a hiccup and as long as some servers are online, HS is still in business and eventually @cociu will get back because is just a misunderstanding

Thanked by 1Demindiro
  • https://ibb.co/6nqbpZq

@MikaelStrang

Even though he apologizes, I am really not happy with a banned user emailing me to an address he found in the database he hacked.

• First thing, someone can explain who is @calin and what he did? I don't want to lose time searching who is, and what he did or not. Any brief summary?

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Is it just me or is everything covered in snow?

• @sandoz said:
    First thing, someone can explain who is @calin and what he did? I don't want to lose time searching who is, and what he did or not. Any brief summary?

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3354199/#Comment_3354199

Thanked by 2k4zz MikaelStrang
  • @PieHasBeenEaten said:
    @KermEd a Narc! I think you used it in the wrong context there! I’m the po po aka pig

Yeah but in my head I used an awesome Boston accent! So it's like 'naahhk'

• KermEdKermEd Member
    edited December 2021

@DennisdeWit said:
    https://ibb.co/6nqbpZq

@MikaelStrang

Even though he apologizes, I am really not happy with a banned user emailing me to an address he found in the database he hacked.

The thing is, people like this, love to be engaged. If you give them any kind of attention, it escalates. Their biggest fear is being ignored and second biggest is usually not getting the last word in.

So, taunting someone like that (directly, indirectly, with or without reason) almost always would end up with them personally messaging you.

I'm not attempting to vicitim blame - but generally in these cases you almost always catch more flies with honey. Remember there is a petty, angry person behind the data breech. There is no value in being 'right' - what you want is to shift thier focus elsewhere. Imho. Also, no mod on here can influence what happens outside LET. Now that they know this bugs you (and yes they are reading the forum) they can just decide to continue engaging or escalating if something about you annoys them.

In fact, the most power a mod here holds is the ability to ban and filter content. So if the users already been banned, the mods have already used the full extent of their power. There is no authority position now to negotiate or barter. In fact, I'd expect at this point they may have already begun looking up who you are and likely trying to login to at least one of your accounts somewhere. If they feel you are going to keep pushing buttons, they will try and dig deeper to have an ace-in-their-pocket. And it's better to have it and not need it.

• MikaelStrangMikaelStrang Member
    edited December 2021

@KermEd said:

@DennisdeWit said:
    https://ibb.co/6nqbpZq

@MikaelStrang

The thing is, people like this, love to be engaged. If you give them any kind of attention, it escalates. Their biggest fear is being ignored and second biggest is usually not getting the last word in.

So, taunting someone like that (directly, indirectly, with or without reason) almost always would end up with them personally messaging you.

I'm not attempting to vicitim blame - but generally in these cases you almost always catch more flies with honey. Remember there is a petty, angry person behind the data breech. There is no value in being 'right' - what you want is to shift thier focus elsewhere. Imho

From what I see they definitely wanted to get their last word in haha. Please update if they email you in the future @DennisdeWit

IMHO I don't see an issue with it if they really just wanted to say one last sorry to you, but if they continue I would consider it stalking & you should start gathering evidence.

I don't think it counts as stalking if they sent one email to apologize and try a last time to explain, but if they continue like I said I think that'd become an issue.

I personally forgive them as long as they don't leak the data, which I don't think they will. (Why else would they send you that email anyways)

If they really wanted attention they would keep threatening to leak it and cause more issues on here. They left peacefully after acknowledging what they did was wrong, and that they were sorry. They've said above that they wished to be banned and that they were fine with it. I think someone who craved attention would drag out the ban process and overall be a pain in the ass.

• @hostingsolutionssux You idiot I would have given you a bitcoin for the data instead you are banned for your good nature

Thanked by 1Demindiro
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@TeoM said:
    @hostingsolutionssux You idiot I would have given you a bitcoin for the data instead you are banned for your good nature

For what purpose? Other than fraud, what value is there in that data? So you can tally how many tickets he left unanswered?

Francisco

Thanked by 1lentro
  • cociucociu Member
    edited December 2021

Hello And happy Cristmas. Regards to this Topic unfortunatly is true , we are working from this morning in check how this happened and try to secure more our whmcs. For the moment seems the clients affected is the old one because the database was changed some month ago so i cannot be sure in this moment but i am feel the clients affected of this is only the clients with more than 1 year old in hostsolutions.ro.

About my absence ... is a long story , some issue in the personal life but i hope will be better next year and i will continue only with Romanian location and change a lot in our business But will try to came with a full explications in another day . Today i have conected for this security problem not to make more drama here.

Have a new year better !

Edit : your payment details is verry safe , we NEVER store your payment datails all was external so no risck in this.

• Mic. Drop.

Thanked by 2ehab AlwaysSkint
  • lentrolentro Member, Host Rep

@TeoM said: You idiot

Kindly please go back to idling VMs for fun instead of dealing with stolen user data, you won't be adding any value to society by dealing with this shit. Hacker was grey hat, don't make them a black hat.

• lol

wtf

Thanked by 1MikaelStrang
  • @cociu said:
    Hello And happy Cristmas. Regards to this Topic unfortunatly is true , we are working from this morning in check how this happened and try to secure more our whmcs. For the moment seems the clients affected is the old one because the database was changed some month ago so i cannot be sure in this moment but i am feel the clients affected of this is only the clients with more than 1 year old in hostsolutions.ro.

About my absence ... is a long story , some issue in the personal life but i hope will be better next year and i will continue only with Romanian location and change a lot in our business But will try to came with a full explications in another day . Today i have conected for this security problem not to make more drama here.

Have a new year better !

Edit : your payment details is verry safe , we NEVER store your payment datails all was external so no risck in this.

ohhh, we miss you

Thanked by 2MikaelStrang tux