Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HostSolutions hacked? - Page 12
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HostSolutions hacked?

Comments

• Sooo, anyone will have guts to say "get the fuck out Borta, you ain't needed here"?

Thanked by 1M66B
  • @cociu , i think if you work with mods first would be better.

• Mods should verify if is the really Cociu behind the account... who knows if isn't other person?

And what is the explanation about the fatal error cake in website? It took days without being fixed...

I suspect that isn't cociu. Mods should check it..

Thanked by 2ehab tux
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@sandoz said: I suspect that isn't cociu

It sure sounded like him.

It's not easy to play cociu, even Marius can't.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

If anyone has a reliable means of contacting the real @cociu it would be helpful to us to know whether it is actually Marius here on LowEndTalk (or if its an imposter).

Thanked by 2ehab dahartigan
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@jbiloh said:
    If anyone has a reliable means of contacting the real @cociu it would be helpful to us to know whether it is actually Marius here on LowEndTalk (or if its an imposter).

@DennisdeWit did just a while ago.

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3354087/#Comment_3354087

Maybe he can confirm with cociu.

• @DP said:

@jbiloh said:

Sent him a message on Skype.

Thanked by 1ehab
  • Cociu always bringing drama, it is better than Marvel superhero movies. Popcorn time.

Take care Cociu, hope you can get through everything and make Hostsolutions great again.

• Man, I thought there couldn't be more drama... It gets better and better. I lost 50 bucks, but this drama is all worth it.

• @DennisdeWit said:

@DP said:

@jbiloh said:

Sent him a message on Skype.

Who knows if real or not.

• merry xmas @cociu thx for the databreach... best gift ever!

• He's losing billions.... of customers' details :/

• PopePope Member
    edited December 2021

@Falzo said: on another note, I'd be interested in the recency of that data.

My email says that my last login was in January 2021, but I have logged in many times after that, especially during the involucration saga, so the data was taken sometime on or after January 2021.

@brueggus said: Shows 2021-11-25 for me, so the data seems to be recent.

That's weird. Then again, I haven't logged in in the last several months, so if they have recently restored the data from a backup done in the early 2021 and let you login, then I can see how I can have last login from January 2021 but you from November 2021.

EDIT: Ignore what I said. My stupid ass confused "login date", as in actually entering my email and password, with "last visited date", i.e. visiting the control panel while already being logged in for months.

• Can only be someone that knows LET.

• All had same root password for SSH and proxmox. He's been using the same password for years now.

Did he use the same password on LET? :o

• JanevskiJanevski Member
    edited December 2021

@CheepCluck said: I sat on a mall santa's lap to ask just for cociu's resurrection. I don't think we'll be let down.

:D
    "And i'm a grown up man."

Thanked by 3tux CheepCluck lentro
  • AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited December 2021

@ascicode said: how you think its cociu, please. The writing style is 99% different.

I'm not so sure about that: the new classic?..

@cociu said: But will try to came with a full explications in another day

Then, perhaps not..

@FrankZ said: I love the " I dont answer my tickets!" signature.

:)

• AndrewsAndrews Member
    edited December 2021

this thread is better than the Matrix 4 :D

• SwiftnodeSwiftnode Member, Host Rep

@jar said:
    Don't forget by default WHMCS sends the password you create for your login to you via email. It also sends you the password generated for services on provision typically. These are stored in plain text in the email history table.

Is that still current behavior? I recall that being a security issue some time ago, but I also remember a changelog correcting such behavior be default to just a hardcoded "HIDDEN" text.

I want to say it was sometime after the "localhost.re" site was dumping zero-day exploits for WHMCS.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@Swiftnode said:

@jar said:
    Don't forget by default WHMCS sends the password you create for your login to you via email. It also sends you the password generated for services on provision typically. These are stored in plain text in the email history table.

Is that still current behavior? I recall that being a security issue some time ago, but I also remember a changelog correcting such behavior be default to just a hardcoded "HIDDEN" text.

I want to say it was sometime after the "localhost.re" site was dumping zero-day exploits for WHMCS.

Possible. It's been a while since I fixed it on my side and I've since migrated from WHMCS.

Thanked by 1Swiftnode
  • @DP I got a message on Skype: “It was me. Brb working.”

That was all.

• @DennisdeWit said:
    @DP I got a message on Skype: “It was me. Brb working.”

That was all.

so Skype account hacked as well :D

• @cociu said:

@DennisdeWit said: @hostsolutionssux Someone should sue the fuck out of you. Go ahead and publish my personal data.

I. Don’t. Fucking. Care.

I hope this too , the guy is with the company registered : MAN Hosting GMB Srl , this guy had some relations with us in the summer and was stole this data . BUt like i told i will publish a full report about this lather.

UPDATE : our whmcs is down and will stay down until we reinstall from zero and import all clients again .

This actually seems to me a legit cociu reply. I noticed the word “lather”. This is a word he always used to me, even one and half years ago.

• @Andrews said:

@DennisdeWit said:

That was all.

There is a way to find out. On his Skype, there is a Romanian phone number. It’s a mobile number and should be his personal number. I have an EU bundle and can call any country within EU + USA without additional charges. I can call tomorrow and see what happens.

• AndrewsAndrews Member
    edited December 2021

@DennisdeWit said:

@Andrews said:

@DennisdeWit said:

That was all.

There is a way to find out. On his Skype, there is a Romanian phone number. It’s a mobile number and should be his personal number. I have an EU bundle and can call any country within EU + USA without additional charges. I can call tomorrow and see what happens.

ask him of proof of life photo... like this from last year, him sitting in Santa Claus styling with his supporter in crime taco boy jsg:

Thanked by 1bulbasaur
  • @Andrews said:

@DennisdeWit said:

@Andrews said:

@DennisdeWit said:

That was all.

ask him of proof of life photo... like this from last year, him sitting in Santa Claus styling with his supporter in crime taco boy jsg:

No, but in all seriousness: I would warn Marius if his account was hacked. Though his way of doing business for sure is not my cup of tea, he is a good man in the end. Even after losing a case at the court. He’s a guy with some serious problems in his life.

So, no, I am actually not like: “yay, he got hacked. Good for him.” I would actually tell him if he got hacked, even on Skype. He did something great for me a few years ago, so I have nothing against him. :) He just has a mindset that more Romanian people seem to have (I see it with my friends).

I myself probably have people too that are not my biggest fan, but there’s no need to hate someone.

Thanked by 4vedran FrankZ _MS_ M66B
  • defaultdefault Veteran
    edited December 2021

This thread just keeps on giving.

I advise all customers of HostSolutions to take precautionary measures. Nothing can be trusted at this point. Backup your data (if you still have service); change your password or email on other providers if you use the same credentials; cancel your bank cards if they were used with HostSolutions. Any client should protect themselves and their confidential information as much as they can.

• @DennisdeWit said:

@cociu said:

@DennisdeWit said: @hostsolutionssux Someone should sue the fuck out of you. Go ahead and publish my personal data.

I. Don’t. Fucking. Care.

I hope this too , the guy is with the company registered : MAN Hosting GMB Srl , this guy had some relations with us in the summer and was stole this data . BUt like i told i will publish a full report about this lather.

UPDATE : our whmcs is down and will stay down until we reinstall from zero and import all clients again .

This actually seems to me a legit cociu reply. I noticed the word “lather”. This is a word he always used to me, even one and half years ago.

thats him: https://drama.gg/d/29-fastvdsro-is-faking-their-llc-and-scamming-its-customers/55

• @default said:

Hnn, not sure if you are aiming on me with that comment. But I’d appreciate it if I was hacked and someone made strange comments with my username on it, that someone would warn me about it.

• @DennisdeWit said:

@default said:

Hnn, not sure if you are aiming on me with that comment. But I’d appreciate it if I was hacked and someone made strange comments with my username on it, that someone would warn me about it.

This thread is not about you. Sorry to disappoint you, but I did not refer to you. I consider the facts at hand (a hacked provider with customer information leaked) extremely important. Many people may need to change login information and billing information on other websites now, fast - and this is the biggest drama that will keep on giving to this thread.

Because of notes left by Marius in database, not even LET accounts are safe, and these are more important than anything.