Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HostSolutions hacked? - Page 8
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HostSolutions hacked?

Comments

• @hostingsolutionssux any info on how you got this info? might be useful for other providers to secure their WHMCS panel.

• edited December 2021

@marian said:
    @hostingsolutionssux any info on how you got this info? might be useful for other providers to secure their WHMCS panel.

Sure, they had adminer (https://adminer.org) accessible to the internet, and the version they had was from like 2016. Adminer has multiple vulnerabilities including LFI, which I used. From there it was easy.

• @hostingsolutionssux said: No, I only want them to notify their customers

You want him to notify the customers, and if he doesn't you'll leak the customers' data?
    Whose side are you on again?

Man you really should watch more anime instead of doing weird stuff like this...

• edited December 2021

@Murv said: You want him to notify the customers, and if he doesn't you'll leak the customers' data?

I am on nobodies side. I am doing what is needed to get them to notify their customers.

edit: Ok I am not going to leak it, even if they don't notify customers, but they should.

Thanked by 1Demindiro
  • oh public adminer... :disappointed: based on how the things are working for @cociu the vulnerability is still in the wild, so we might expect many others to put hands on this data

• @marian said:
    oh public adminer... :disappointed: based on how the things are working for @cociu the vulnerability is still in the wild, so we might expect many others to put hands on this data

they took the server offline once they realized they were hacked, https://secure.hostsolutions.ro no longer works because it's now offline.

Thanked by 1marian
  • PhantomPainPhantomPain Member
    edited December 2021

Thank you so much for this warning> @hostingsolutionssux said:

@Andrews said:

@hostingsolutionssux said:
    Don't worry I won't leak it as long as they actually inform everyone correctly. 11,114 total users were registered in the tblclients table. I tried to mass-mail everyone but I'm too lazy and hacked cpanel email accounts can only hit so many inboxes, so some people don't get my message.

how much for deleting one entry from that database? ;)

PP, Crypto or you can charge yourself that CC on file? :D

lol don't worry I really do not want to leak this. :) only if needed

You don't need to leak anything else to prove even if cociu deny it
    Now we all know the leak is true and you don't need to hurt the LET community :)

• edited December 2021

@PhantomPain said:

@Andrews said:

Don't worry I won't leak it as long as they actually inform everyone correctly. 11,114 total users were registered in the tblclients table. I tried to mass-mail everyone but I'm too lazy and hacked cpanel email accounts can only hit so many inboxes, so some people don't get my message.

Now we all know the leak is true and you don't need to hurt the LET community :)

Ok you are right

I will not leak data, but I still want hostsolutions to notify everyone

Thanked by 1Demindiro
  • @hostingsolutionssux said: I am on nobodies side. I am doing what is needed to get them to notify their customers.

That makes you a bona fide skiddie douchebag my friend. I doubt even the greatest slice of life anime would be able to save you.
    No idea how old you are, what your motives are, but keep in mind all actions have consequences.

• @hostingsolutionssux said:

@PhantomPain said:

@Andrews said:

Ok you are right

To notify what? He do not respond to clients tickets for a months...

• @Murv said:

@hostingsolutionssux said: I am on nobodies side. I am doing what is needed to get them to notify their customers.

That makes you a bona fide skiddie douchebag my friend. I doubt even the greatest slice of life anime would be able to save you.
    No idea how old you are, what your motives are, but keep in mind all actions have consequences.

actions do not have consequences when one is never caught. :D

• @tronyx said:

@PhantomPain said:

@Andrews said:

Ok you are right

To notify what? He do not respond to clients tickets for a months...

But the vulnerable server shut down in a moment ....

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited December 2021

@hostingsolutionssux - I appreciate your honesty, even though it comes with a bit of bragging. Please keep in mind there is a fine line between ethical hacking, and doing it for money or rewards.

You will not be appreciated. Nobody will raise statues for you. Nobody will sing songs about what you did. However, you can be considered as a teacher because people learned something from this experience, and you can be considered as an ethical hacker if you don't sell the data and simply delete it for respect of others.

The rest is just talk. What's done is done, and now it's up to you and your conscience to decide what's next. Please bear in mind that asking @cociu to notify customers with consequences (otherwise you make it public) it's called blackmail with our data, and you are clearly not on the right path towards ethical hacking and being nice because you use us, and our data, as some merchandise or trading asset.

You want respect: delete it forever. There is no need for any other proof at this point.

• @hostingsolutionssux said: actions do not have consequences when one is never caught. :D

I have a big brain quote in my signature:
    "Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."

I hope you treat people better in real life then.

• bulbasaurbulbasaur Member
    edited December 2021

The best thing you can do, @hostingsolutionssux, is to turn over a set of this data to HIBP, so that affected people can look themselves up in the database.

This will widely publicize Hostsolutions and Marius and their carelessness, and would achieve the same thing without harming the general public.

• @default said:
    @hostingsolutionssux - I appreciate your honesty, even though it comes with a bit of bragging. Please keep in mind there is a fine line between ethical hacking, and doing it for money or rewards.

You will not be appreciated. Nobody will raise statues for you. Nobody will sing songs about what you did. However, you can be considered as a teacher because people learned something from this experience, and you can be considered as an ethical hacker if you don't sell the data and simply delete it for respect of others.

The rest is just talk. What's done is done, and now it's up to you and your conscience to decide what's next. Please bear in mind that asking @cociu to notify customers with consequences (otherwise you make it public) it's called blackmail with our data, and you are clearly not on the right path towards ethical hacking and being nice because you use us, and our data, as some merchandise or trading asset.

You want respect: delete it forever. There is no need for any other proof at this point.

Ok sure

I never did it for bragging, I did it because I do not like him.

I will hand over a copy of the data to HaveIbeenPwned and then delete it, like @stevewatson301 said

• it's not really blackmailing hostsolution at all. because he couldn't care less. doesn't even matter if he sends another notification or not, he got nothing to lose here that's not already broken anyway.

also I doubt there is anything ethical about that hack. in the end it's more likely some retaliation attempt.
    wasn't there a customer with a rack or more in servers that might have lost a bigger amount of money and even business? I am sure there are some people with the right motivation to try and hurt @cociu business. again, it's just that there is nothing left anyway, so this attempt won't change anything.

maybe some of the affected clients will learn to not reuse passwords. others might switch to try and use more fake data (which in the end hurts more legal businesses instead). so whatever the outcome will be, it rather won't hurt hostsolutions but only legitimate people in the wrong way.

Hello. I am the person who hacked it. AMA.

Proof: Email we got from "ihostart" (LUL) (I can prove it other ways I just found this email hilarious)

Mods don't ban me I am not going to post any data. I answer any questions people have about it since I hate hostsolutions and they will never give people more details anyways.

Edit: Also sorry I spelled my username incorrectly meant to put "hostsolutions" not "Hostingsolutions".

hello can you please double the bandwidth of my non-existant HS vps?

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited December 2021

@Falzo said:
    it's not really blackmailing hostsolution at all. because he couldn't care less. doesn't even matter if he sends another notification or not, he got nothing to lose here that's not already broken anyway.

also I doubt there is anything ethical about that hack. in the end it's more likely some retaliation attempt.
    wasn't there a customer with a rack or more in servers that might have lost a bigger amount of money and even business? I am sure there are some people with the right motivation to try and hurt @cociu business. again, it's just that there is nothing left anyway, so this attempt won't change anything.

maybe some of the affected clients will learn to not reuse passwords. others might switch to try and use more fake data (which in the end hurts more legal businesses instead). so whatever the outcome will be, it rather won't hurt hostsolutions but only legitimate people in the wrong way.

Exactly why this is still ethical. No harm towards clients was done by hacker so far. The few servers up are still up. Problem is with HostSolutions to use backups, restore, and fix.

If hacker makes it public, legitimate people will suffer. Now this would be a big problem (not ethical anymore). Let's not make a drama a bigger drama, by looking the other way (as if not caring).

EDIT: Motivation is personal and irrelevant. Science and evolution matter, as long as it does not hurt people.

• @hostingsolutionssux said: Ok sure

I never did it for bragging, I did it because I do not like him.

I will hand over a copy of the data to HaveIbeenPwned and then delete it, like @stevewatson301 said

So I guess there's still some kindness left deep down, eh? Color me surprised.

Trust me doing stuff like this ain't worth the time. Go watch some more anime, play some visual novels. You'll feel way more fulfilled in life that way.
    Feel free to ask me if you ever need recommendations.

• @default said:

@Falzo said:
    it's not really blackmailing hostsolution at all. because he couldn't care less. doesn't even matter if he sends another notification or not, he got nothing to lose here that's not already broken anyway.

Exactly why this is still ethical. No harm towards clients was done by hacker so far. The few servers up are still up. Problem is with HostSolutions to use backups, restore, and fix.

If hacker makes it public, legitimate people will suffer. Now this would be a big problem (not ethical anymore). Let's not make a drama a bigger drama, by looking the other way (as if not caring).

EDIT: Motivation is personal and irrelevant. Science and evolution matter, as long as it does not hurt people.

that doesn't make it ethical lmao, its still blackhat hacking

• edited December 2021

@neverain said: that doesn't make it ethical lmao, its still blackhat hacking

Words are up to interpretation for anyone. Stuff like "Ethical" can mean different things to many different people. It's peoples opinions at the end of the day of what is considered "Ethical". I personally don't really know what to think of it, so meh

• Unethical, ethical, black, white, whatever... As long as no harm's done to people, it's fine isn't it?
    Hopefully @hostingsolutionssux will keep his word and do what's for the best.

All's well that ends well.

• @neverain said:

@default said:

@Falzo said:

that doesn't make it ethical lmao, its still blackhat hacking

I try to be kind and diplomatic, in my attempt of convincing a hacker to be kind and respect others. But you guys really want to go the discussion in "blackhat" direction.

Let's just invoke the rules of LET now: LET is not the place to boast about your DDOS attacks, share your tango downs, or rally the hacking underground to avenge a digital wrong. Discussions encouraging these activities will be closed and removed.

According to LET rules, this hacker deserves to be banned. As such, in retaliation, the data has a huge chance to become public. You want to put gas on fire, so you can have a beautiful LET drama precisely on Christmas... well... Congratulations!

• According to our rules, hacking and boasting about hacking with blackmail to providers is not allowed. I hereby request this thread to be closed, and hacker be banned. It's in our rules.

• @default said:

Hasn't he pretty much admitted to deleting all of the servers?

I didn't take more because I saw zero value in the rest.

Their "Data crash" or whatever they call it was me deleting all of the VPSes on proxmox LOL

All root passwords were the same thing btw.

• @Andrews said:

@DennisdeWit said:

@Andrews said:

@DennisdeWit said:
    I talked with Marius. He acknowledges the issue and says he is working on securing this asap. But ‘like in every business shit happens.’

is it joke or what? securing what??? it is too late. he made this shit

he can now secure money for GDPR fine:
    https://tessian.com/blog/biggest-gdpr-fines-2020/

It’s Romania. Romanian institues almost never fined any Romanian company for breaching GDPR.

that is simply NOT TRUE:

https://cookiefirst.com/top-10-countries-with-most-gdpr-fines-october-2021/

Romania ranks third on our list of countries that have issued the most GDPR fines. They have imposed a total of 60 sanctions that add up to €699,550 in mandated payments.

Never knew that. I based my opinion on Romanian news. Seems GDPR is not interesting for Digi24, AGERPRES and such.

• @default said:
    According to our rules, hacking and boasting about hacking with blackmail to providers is not allowed. I hereby request this thread to be closed, and hacker be banned. It's in our rules.

Ban me but I don't see point in closing thread. I did not create the thread.

I originally asked for mods not to ban me at first so I could explain myself, I have now so I am ok with ban

@neverain said: that doesn't make it ethical lmao, its still blackhat hacking

Words are up to interpretation for anyone. Stuff like "Ethical" can mean different things to many different people. It's peoples opinions at the end of the day of what is considered "Ethical". I personally don't really know what to think of it, so meh

yeah no, there isnt a lot of different meaning for ethical hacking, if you reported whatever vulnerability you found to hostsolutions instead of exploiting it, it wouldve been ethical

• @hostsolutionssux Someone should sue the fuck out of you. Go ahead and publish my personal data.

I. Don’t. Fucking. Care.