Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ S U M M E R H O S T S A L E ★ From $9/YR ★ 1GB $15/YR ★ Transfers To Ryzen ★ Easter Eggs
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ S U M M E R H O S T S A L E ★ From $9/YR ★ 1GB $15/YR ★ Transfers To Ryzen ★ Easter Eggs

VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

VirMach is back to let you know that the Ryzen servers we announced six months ago are finally going to be deployed very soon, so we no longer feel guilty about posting another offer! Our servers with ColoCrossing have been going empty, so I am once again asking for your support in filling the lonely and deeply saddened Buffalo servers.

But wait, there's a catch. Unfortunately, we can't keep you there forever. These servers used for this special are set to expire over the next few months, as they've earned their retirement after working long and hard for over half a decade. So while we're not guaranteeing this will happen, you'd be slated to go on our new Ryzen servers before your annual contract ends. The initial batch of servers we are filling at the beginning of this sale, for example, are currently destined to be moved off by 11/11/2021. Others may be sooner or later.

On top of these packages, we will also be trying something new: temporary services, in the spirit of all summer hosts. Instead of ordering a recurring package, pre-paying, and having it randomly disappear one day, we will let you know exactly how long it will last before it disappears. These can be 30 day, 60 day, 90 day, 120 day, or even 180 day services. After this specific period of time advertised, your package will be terminated, forever.

MIGRATION SPECIALS

.-"-. .-"-. .-"-.
{ ORDER NOW }
"-.-" "-.-" "-.-"

512MB MIGRATION SPECIAL
$9.00 /yr
RAM 512MB MEMORY
CPU 1 CPU vCORE
SSD 10GB SSD
Network 1TB @ 1GBPS
IP 1 DEDICATED IPv4
STANDARD SUPPORT

768MB MIGRATION SPECIAL
$12.00 /yr
RAM 768MB MEMORY
CPU 1 CPU vCORE
SSD 15GB SSD
Network 2TB @ 1GBPS
IP 1 DEDICATED IPv4
STANDARD SUPPORT

1GB MIGRATION SPECIAL
$15.00 /yr
RAM 1GB MEMORY
CPU 1 CPU vCORE
SSD 20GB SSD
Network 3TB @ 1GBPS
IP 1 DEDICATED IPv4
STANDARD SUPPORT

2GB MIGRATION SPECIAL
$25.00 /yr
RAM 2GB MEMORY
CPU 2 CPU vCORE
SSD 40GB SSD
Network 4TB @ 1GBPS
IP 1 DEDICATED IPv4
STANDARD SUPPORT

3GB MIGRATION SPECIAL
$35.00 /yr
RAM 3GB MEMORY
CPU 3 CPU vCORE
SSD 60GB SSD
Network 5TB @ 1GBPS
IP 1 DEDICATED IPv4
STANDARD SUPPORT

Please note, these are not Ryzen pre-orders. You are purchasing a regular package and it will at a later time be moved over to Ryzen. Please only purchase these specials if you're looking for a service and interested at these price-points for our current server offerings (not Ryzen.)

LIMITED TERM/DURATION SERVICES

.-"-. .-"-. .-"-.
{ ORDER NOW }
"-.-" "-.-" "-.-"

Remember, these expire. The duration is in the title of each package.

SUPPORT LEVEL

We have decided to provide these migration specials with a standard level of support (excluding one-time limited term offers.) This means that the migration plans are not limited support specials, but please understand that due to the pricing of the package, we do still expect customers to take some time to review knowledgebase articles to ensure they only contact us when necessary. This also does not mean we will provide full management, so please do not create a ticket asking us to set up your website/software for you.

REFUNDS

We are also allowing refunds per our regular refund policy for migration services, although they are still considered "specials." Unfortunately, for one-time/temporary length specials, we have decided to not allow refunds due to high potential for abuse. We reserve the right to change migration specials to no refunds if there is excess abuse, but we will of course still honor refunds if you purchased the package and it didn't state "no refunds" in a checkbox. If the refund button does not function, please create a ticket titled exactly "Request - Refund [Special]" and in the message, mention: [1] your service name and IP address, [2] that you placed a cancellation request first, and [3] that you are OK with all the data on the service being deleted permanently.

Please read our refund policy first before ordering: https://virmach.com/terms-conditions/

OTHER TERMS/DISCLAIMER

We reserve the right to cancel and refund any service and opt not to render it instead (this will usually be reserved in case of major issues with the package or estimated delivery times, typos, or our ability to deliver the product should it be sold out.) All promotion/coupon codes for this offer are one-time use only per household, and non-recurring. See "REFUNDS" section above for the refund terms.

Please also avoid doing the following:

• Making more than one account (may cause major problems.)
  • Making more than one ticket (will slow down the process for everyone.)
  • Selling your service outside of our transfer process (may cause major problems.)
  • Locking yourself out (2FA, we can't deal with this high quantity of requests.)

OFFER DETAILS

Locations: Varied, as available.
Virtualization: KVM (For VPS.) SolusVM Control Panel.
Refunds: See above.
Terms: https://virmach.com/terms-conditions
Looking Glass: http://lg.virmach.com/ (Does not have new LA & NL.)

WHY MIGRATION SPECIALS?

We are doing this to minimize inconvenience/confusion for our website visitors, so this way everyone purchasing a special can get a great deal while also knowing and expecting a migration to occur in the near future. Please note, along the way, you might hit a few bumps and be transferred to other ColoCrossing nodes as we consolidate (but you'll receive ample notice.) We wouldn't recommend this special if you don't like your VPS to travel, as you may be moved to the next closest location, but there's a good chance we'll let you decide once our automatic migration tool goes live.

WHY LIMITED TERM SPECIALS?

These are the ones that we need to fill so we don't lose money, but we also don't want to fill permanently because there's not enough room to move to Ryzen, or because the migration will happen too soon and not be worth the effort and/or cause confusion. In addition, we are going to sprinkle a few of these hidden ones on this thread, so keep an eye out. This gives us a higher ability to put some interesting temporary services out for everyone to give you a chance to do a cool project over the summer, and again, allows us to give back to the community while reducing wasted empty server space. Please note, we recommend migrating away a few days before your plan expires, just in case. Remember that all easter eggs are just temporary happiness, and pay attention to the title.

WHAT IF I ORDERED YOUR LAST SPECIAL?

Don't worry, we haven't forgotten about Ryzen pre-orders and beta testers. We almost have servers in both Los Angeles this week, and NYC Metro in the coming week(s) -- Amsterdam will unfortunately still be further delayed but not much longer. You will absolutely receive Ryzen before anyone else who purchases this offer, we respect your position in line.

If you have questions or concerns about the previous offer, please post it here instead.

DOUBLE BANDWIDTH

After months of research, we have perfected bandwidth doubling technology to where you will receive double bandwidth compared to what's advertised, without having to bump our thread. Just place an order, and you will receive double the bandwidth automatically as we have just multiplied the bandwidth limit on SolusVM by 2, since you're never going to use it anyway.

Comments

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider
    edited July 2021

Temporary/limited term services are just starting out with Buffalo mix but we'll start posting more individual servers soon with more unique plans.

Any errors? Let me know.

(edit) Andd... all the order links don't work. Fixing that now.
    (edit) Fixed.

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

VirMach is back with his deals!

• SaaS
    SummerHost as as Service

• Now it looks like the previous purchase of $38 for 2 years was more expensive.

Thanked by 1o_be_one

@VirMach said:
    (edit) Fixed.

2GB one still doesn't work though.

edited July 2021

@jerry_me said:
    Now it looks like the previous purchase of $38 for 2 years was more expensive.

I already explained this elsewhere but allow me to repeat this since I'm sure not everyone saw my comment on a single random thread. It's not about which one is more expensive, they are different deals and there's a few things we announced as well.

1) The two year specials from the previous offer will receive an additional two years for the delays/waiting patiently. You can still cancel for a refund on those as well.
    2) Those will be transferred into full-fledged plans, the plans we sell on our website as the premium ones. They will not be considered specials when they are deployed on Ryzen.
    3) Those also receive complimentary services until Ryzen, and a complimentary beta service as well. That's months of free service included.
    4) Those will be deployed before all others, with the alpha services for Ryzen. So you get them sooner. You do not have to take any paid portion of it as non-Ryzen.

(Edit) I don't want to confuse anyone reading this, this comment is about a previous offer, not this one.

Thanked by 2vyas11 Xiaoming

@FAT32 said:

@VirMach said:
    (edit) Fixed.

2GB one still doesn't work though.

Good catch, adding that now.

Thanked by 1FAT32
  • mcgreemcgree Member

WOW, I'm still waiting for my Amsterdam AMD VPS, I've received the Intel CPU VPS yestreday.

• @VirMach said:
    After months of research, we have perfected bandwidth doubling technology to where you will receive double bandwidth compared to what's advertised, without having to bump our thread. Just place an order, and you will receive double the bandwidth automatically as we have just multiplied the bandwidth limit on SolusVM by 2, since you're never going to use it anyway.

Based

• At this stage I’ll only believe those LA ryzens are being deployed when it’s active in my services list

• There is option for Tokyo, JP, when will it available? Can I migrate the location when it available?

@corbpie said:
    At this stage I’ll only believe those LA ryzens are being deployed when it’s active in my services list

I'll provide photo evidence when I go to the datacenter this weekend. ;)

edited July 2021

@chocolateshirt said:
    There is option for Tokyo, JP, when will it available? Can I migrate the location when it available?

We're going to try to prevent overpromising and underdelivering here, so I'd rather not answer that specifically at this time, but of course in VirMach fashion, I will go ahead and over-explain as I do not want to leave you completely in the dark.

We have spoken with Equinix and also attempting communication through a third party with Inap as well, who from our understanding has space in Equinix Tokyo. Equinix pricing is discussed, and their network blend is very expensive. Although if necessary, we will move forward with that, we are also communicating with Equinix to see if we can do cross-connects and negotiate that with a third party provider. We plan on moving forward with that, and if it turns out poorly, switching to Equinix's premium and expensive blend. We still have not acquired any IPv4 addresses for this region. We still have not researched Japan customs/sending servers there either. We understand this location will be extremely popular and plan on filling an entire cabinet to start, so once it does get moving it will be in a large burst. Edit - Let's cross that last part out, it sounds like overpromising.

As for migration -- as in, changing locations based on preference, we do currently have plans for this but we have not ironed out all the details. We cannot guarantee this at all. We still need to figure out a good way to have people pre-register their intended location changes and have a system that can efficiently process them without issues. So, I do not want to promise anything.

Thanked by 1chocolateshirt
  • brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

@VirMach said: After months of research, we have perfected bandwidth doubling technology to where you will receive double bandwidth compared to what's advertised, without having to bump our thread. Just place an order, and you will receive double the bandwidth automatically as we have just multiplied the bandwidth limit on SolusVM by 2, since you're never going to use it anyway.

• So services purchased here for these offers will be migrated to Ryzen, at the same location, in the next few months?

• so is the CPU power better then the specials ?

@malignify said: So services purchased here for these offers will be migrated to Ryzen, at the same location, in the next few months?

Same location or equivalent, planned but not guaranteed between 09/30/2021 and 04/30/2022. All of these are being provisioned on servers that we have active cancellation requests for with ColoCrossing.

By equivalent location, I mean for example, we may not continue Buffalo location so that would go to NYC Metro area. If San Jose has limited space, they may have to either stay on Intel longer or be migrated to Los Angeles Ryzen, with prior notice so people can let us know if they do not want that done and we can try to work something out. Nothing drastic, we will always go for the best option but I am trying to be realistic here.

Thanked by 1malignify
  • What about existing services? Will they be migrated over to Ryzen within the same estimated period?

Thanked by 1yoursunny
    edited July 2021

Alright let's kick off the easter eggs with a non-easter egg since I'm just letting you know in plain sight. I'm tired from preparing this and dealing with a lot of things today so I just want to at least have done one before I disappear for a couple hours :)

The first temporary length service is:

120 Days

512MB RAM
    15GB Disk
    1vCore
    2,000GB Bandwidth
    1Gbps Port
    1 IPv4
    Buffalo, NY - Location

https://billing.virmach.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=194

It's $2.68 for 4 months. Remember, these are the type that fully terminate after 120 days, per WHMCS cron.

Let's give 100 of these away for free since you're here early. Let's hope this doesn't break WHMCS.

Coupon code:
    FREE120

@VirMach said:
    Alright let's kick off the easter eggs with a non-easter egg since I'm just letting you know in plain sight. I'm tired from preparing this and dealing with a lot of things today so I just want to at least have done one before I disappear for a couple hours :)

I mean... I am happy to help you hide easter eggs if you ever need it, you know where to find me :wink:

@malignify said: What about existing services? Will they be migrated over to Ryzen within the same estimated period?

Currently, we plan on migrating one server at a time, so that means all specials offered and all other packages, including existing ones, would be migrated at the same time. However, in some cases, we may elect to migrate the existing services first and these specials as space is available so that's where the potential to be migrated into a consolidated server comes in.

We've done all the numbers for the next few months to where this shouldn't happen, we just want to make sure everyone is aware, that's why it was explained as a possibility above.

• jdjxjdjx Member

Hi,Can it be DD windows?

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@VirMach said: After months of research, we have perfected bandwidth doubling technology to where you will receive double bandwidth compared to what's advertised, without having to bump our thread. Just place an order, and you will receive double the bandwidth automatically as we have just multiplied the bandwidth limit on SolusVM by 2, since you're never going to use it anyway.

One sees that you have a sense of humor :)

(That said, half the fun would all of the first posts from new sign-ups requesting "double bandwidth activity" ;) )

@jdjx said:
    Hi,Can it be DD windows?

DD windows?

Congrats on your first post

• msattmsatt Member

Thank you for the limited time offer - This is a good way for me to try out Virmach so hopefully I can become a 'full term' customer.
    My only comment so far would be that the OS's available are very old e.g. only Ubuntu 16.04.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@angstrom said:

@jdjx said:
    Hi,Can it be DD windows?

DD windows?

You must be new here son.

@Neoon said:

@angstrom said:

@jdjx said:
    Hi,Can it be DD windows?

DD windows?

You must be new here son.

Indeed, I must be :)

"DD windows" made me think of the dd command for Windows B)

It basically means install Windows using the dd command which I assume dont even have legit license.

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • jcarlo9jcarlo9 Barred
    edited July 2021

@VirMach said:
    Let's give 100 of these away for free since you're here early. Let's hope this doesn't break WHMCS.

Coupon code:
    FREE120

# ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
    #              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2021-06-05                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #
    # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #                                                                                                          Sun Jul  4 17:56:32 PST 2021

Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Processor  : Intel Xeon E312xx (Sandy Bridge, IBRS update)
    CPU cores  : 1 @ 2499.998 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ❌ Disabled
    RAM        : 492.4 MiB
    Swap       : 256.0 MiB
    Disk       : 14.5 GiB

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 59.83 MB/s   (14.9k) | 701.42 MB/s  (10.9k)
    Write      | 59.95 MB/s   (14.9k) | 705.11 MB/s  (11.0k)
    Total      | 119.78 MB/s  (29.9k) | 1.40 GB/s    (21.9k)
               |                      |
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 1.33 GB/s     (2.6k) | 1.73 GB/s     (1.6k)
    Write      | 1.41 GB/s     (2.7k) | 1.85 GB/s     (1.8k)
    Total      | 2.75 GB/s     (5.3k) | 3.59 GB/s     (3.5k)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed
                    |                           |                 |
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 791 Mbits/sec   | 466 Mbits/sec
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 1.58 Gbits/sec  | 936 Mbits/sec
    WorldStream     | The Netherlands (10G)     | 1.71 Gbits/sec  | 678 Mbits/sec
    Biznet          | Jakarta, Indonesia (1G)   | 450 Mbits/sec   | 15.4 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 5.22 Gbits/sec  | 1.40 Gbits/sec
    Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 2.22 Gbits/sec  | 1.26 Gbits/sec
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 2.17 Gbits/sec  | 1.05 Gbits/sec
    Iveloz Telecom  | Sao Paulo, BR (2G)        | 438 Mbits/sec   | 722 Mbits/sec

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value
                    |
    Single Core     | 435
    Multi Core      | 429
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/8677835

This is way too good for a free vps. <3

@FAT32 said:
    It basically means install Windows using the dd command which I assume dont even have legit license.

Ah, okay, I was kind of close to this (see just above), but I wouldn't have thought of something so questionable (avoiding a valid license) :)

Thanked by 2FAT32 JustPfff