Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ S U M M E R H O S T S A L E ★ From $9/YR ★ 1GB $15/YR ★ Transfers To Ryzen ★ Easter Eggs - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ S U M M E R H O S T S A L E ★ From $9/YR ★ 1GB $15/YR ★ Transfers To Ryzen ★ Easter Eggs

Comments

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@jcarlo9 said: This is way too good for a free vps.

Formatting, Señor Carlo, formatting

• jdjxjdjx Member

@angstrom said:

@jdjx said:
    Hi,Can it be DD windows?

DD windows?

Congrats on your first post

Thank you.DD win.It means change the linux to windows by customer themselves. :)

Thanked by 2angstrom JustPfff
  • Any storage offers in Europe?

• HakimHakim Member

0.00$ unpaid invoice.

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

@msatt said: My only comment so far would be that the OS's available are very old e.g. only Ubuntu 16.04.

Yeah, we've been lacking here. We do have more options available outside of the order form and in ISO form. We did finally get an Ubuntu 16 with desktop added but by the time that was done it was a few versions too old.

I guess we end up spending a lot of time doing templates then by the time we create one and secure it/make it perfect, we have to start over because so much time went on.

I'll see if we can focus on this for some time this week and push out some long overdue templates.

@jdjx said: Thank you.DD win.It means change the linux to windows by customer themselves.

As long as you abide by our terms of service, and the law, you can do whatever you want with your service. I know some customers may want to maybe try out Windows trial mode or have their own language version of Windows, as long as it doesn't violate something specifically it should be fine.

We also recently quietly took away our ISO size limits for the most part so you can ask us to mount any size ISO. Of course we reserve the right to go back to 2GB limit.

@codelock said: Any storage offers in Europe?

Once we get a few regular servers past customers, and hard drive prices stop being insane... AND we get the one node we've been planning on doing in Los Angeles actually functioning, we do have plans for Netherlands and NYC Metro storage servers. I wouldn't hold your breath though, definitely no offers right now.

@Hakim said: 0.00$ unpaid invoice.

Invoice ID?

@VirMach

With respect to Support Level & Refunds for the Migration Specials, there's still a box to check that indicates reduced support and no refunds, which seems to contradict what you write in your offer. (Or have I missed something?)

edited July 2021

@angstrom said:
    @VirMach

With respect to Support Level & Refunds for the Migration Specials, there's still a box to check that indicates reduced support and no refunds, which seems to contradict what you write in your offer. (Or have I missed something?)

No, looks like I missed something.

(Edit) Alright, try now.

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@VirMach said:
    The first temporary length service is:

120 Days

512MB RAM
    15GB Disk
    1vCore
    2,000GB Bandwidth
    1Gbps Port
    1 IPv4
    Buffalo, NY - Location

https://billing.virmach.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=194

It's $2.68 for 4 months. Remember, these are the type that fully terminate after 120 days, per WHMCS cron.

Let's give 100 of these away for free since you're here early. Let's hope this doesn't break WHMCS.

Coupon code:
    FREE120

I'm not on VPN and the system flagged my order.
    Then I turned on VPN and the system accepted my second order; server delivered in 1 minute, and bandwidth is already doubled.

For the first order, there's a ticket and a "rejected" service, but no invoice because it's $0.00.
    There used to be a warning that if an order generates an invoice but it's not complete, the account would receive a penalty.
    In this case there's no invoice, so I guess I'm fine to just close the ticket?

I have TunnelBroker for IPv6.
    VirMach website connects over IPv6, but then rejects orders.
    When I turn on VPN, it would connect over IPv4 and order goes through.
    If you don't accept orders placed via IPv6, please disable AAAA record in your CDN.

edited July 2021

@yoursunny said: I'm not on VPN and the system flagged my order.
    Then I turned on VPN and the system accepted my second order; server delivered in 1 minute, and bandwidth is already doubled.

This is due to FraudLabsPro. They like labeling anything that's not specifically a whitelisted real "ISP" as a VPN. Which is bad. Then Maxmind likes labeling everything as a real "ISP" unless it's definitely a VPN, so a lot of VPNs get through. Once in a while they flip around in specific situations.

The correct thing to do in this situation would be to reply to the ticket and let us know it's wrong. So we can fix it and avoid any complications.

@yoursunny said: For the first order, there's a ticket and a "rejected" service, but no invoice because it's $0.00.

Oh, right, WHMCS logic.

@yoursunny said: There used to be a warning that if an order generates an invoice but it's not complete, the account would receive a penalty.

That was just for the black friday specials. It was to avoid people queueing them up and taking up everyone else's spot just to later decide if they want their bot to buy it or not.

@yoursunny said: I have > TunnelBroker for IPv6.
    If you don't accept orders placed via IPv6, please disable AAAA record in your CDN.

This would definitely not be intended. I'll try to rule this out, but I'm pretty sure people have ordered with IPv6 before. If not.. big yikes but that would be completely up to FraudLabsPro's system I suppose. If they forgot IPv6 exists, then I could see them having coded it to where it treats anything other than IPv4 as bad/false/wrong.

If you can give me order IDs it would help tremendously.

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • HakimHakim Member
    edited July 2021

@VirMach said: Invoice ID?

Invoice #1251382

Edit:
    Maybe it's is related to being rejected in the first place then automatically accepted as the payment method was crypto.

By the way. VPN was not connected. But my IP address listed on more than 4 blacklists.

• vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited July 2021

@VirMach said:

I'm pretty sure people have ordered with IPv6 before. If not.. big yikes but that would be completely up to FraudLabsPro's system I suppose. If they forgot IPv6 exists, then I could see them having coded it to where it treats anything other than IPv4 as bad/false/wrong.

I turned off VPN - and ordered on an ipv6 connection an hour ago.Hope that feedback helps~
    Edit: ipv6 address was shown at bottom of order screen (similar to post by @digitalwicked below)

• @vyas11 said:

@VirMach said:

I'm pretty sure people have ordered with IPv6 before. If not.. big yikes but that would be completely up to FraudLabsPro's system I suppose. If they forgot IPv6 exists, then I could see them having coded it to where it treats anything other than IPv4 as bad/false/wrong.

I turned off VPN - and ordered on an ipv6 connection an hour ago.. Hope that feedback helps~

Confirming ordered on an ipv6 connection with no problems. It showed my ipv6 address at the bottom of the order screen.

edited July 2021

@Hakim said:

@VirMach said: Invoice ID?

Invoice #1251382

Edit:
    Maybe it's is related to being rejected in the first place then automatically accepted as the payment method was crypto.

By the way. VPN was not connected. But my IP address listed on more than 4 blacklists.

Marked as paid. It's some bug with WHMCS probably from 10 years ago.

@Hakim said: Edit:

Yeah, just in case I opened an internal case with our developer to check on our end as well, for the auto accept.

Thanked by 1Hakim
  • cfvpscfvps Member

the "1GB Migration Special" is $18.4/yr not $15/yr

edited July 2021

@VirMach said:

@angstrom said:
    @VirMach

No, looks like I missed something.

(Edit) Alright, try now.

I confirm that the box is now gone :)

Another (small) issue is that the price on the order form for the 1GB MIGRATION SPECIAL is $18.40 (and not $15, as advertised)

Thanked by 1VirMach

@cfvps said:
    the "1GB Migration Special" is $18.4/yr not $15/yr

Not sure how that happened, perhaps an old value from the last 1GB sale we had, fixed.

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • JioJio Member

@VirMach said: This is due to FraudLabsPro.

I just tried the fraudlabspro "enter an IP to look up" and any IPv6 - tried many - I enter returns 500 Internal Server Error.

• RecDRecD Member

Welcome back VirMach!

Looking forward to new DC locations :open_mouth:

Thanked by 2FrankZ VirMach
  • databossdataboss Member
    edited July 2021

So basically selling servers with a SOONtm promise of Ryzen after you see what Virmach really needs after Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter renewals. Most won't see Ryzen until march or April next year, I presume. Plus the cashflow from this sale will be used to purchase their own ip and machines that aren't colocrossing to put in their own DC. Hence migration machine by machine and potential for being randomly moved and consolidated on CC Machines as they condense them as much as possible to free up revenue for their own machine purposes.

I also presume they need to wait for CC contracts to expire (most will be after/around thanksgiving Christmas Easter - if they had them on yearly contracts.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@VirMach said:

This is due to FraudLabsPro. They like labeling anything that's not specifically a whitelisted real "ISP" as a VPN. Which is bad. Then Maxmind likes labeling everything as a real "ISP" unless it's definitely a VPN, so a lot of VPNs get through. Once in a while they flip around in specific situations.

Now let's argue whether TunnelBroker qualifies as VPN.
    From Wikipedia:

• A VPN is created by establishing a virtual point-to-point connection with tunneling protocols over existing networks. Encryption is a common, although not an inherent, part of a VPN connection.
    • A tunnel broker is a service which provides a network tunnel. These tunnels can provide encapsulated connectivity over existing infrastructure to another infrastructure. IPv6 tunnel brokers typically provide IPv6 to sites or end users over IPv4.

Under these definitions, TunnelBroker is indeed a VPN.
    Hmm, I never felt that way.

For the curious: I have OpenConnect VPN server on the home router, so that when I "turn on VPN", traffic goes out via residential IPv4 address.
    Then, under Wikipedia definitions, this connection is not a VPN because I'm inside the same private network as the OpenConnect server.

The correct thing to do in this situation would be to reply to the ticket and let us know it's wrong. So we can fix it and avoid any complications.

I replied last time (Ticket 211588) and the order got approved after two days, but I didn't explain the TunnelBroker situation.

@yoursunny said: For the first order, there's a ticket and a "rejected" service, but no invoice because it's $0.00.

Oh, right, WHMCS logic.

@yoursunny said: There used to be a warning that if an order generates an invoice but it's not complete, the account would receive a penalty.

That was just for the black friday specials. It was to avoid people queueing them up and taking up everyone else's spot just to later decide if they want their bot to buy it or not.

@yoursunny said: I have > TunnelBroker for IPv6.

This would definitely not be intended. I'll try to rule this out, but I'm pretty sure people have ordered with IPv6 before. If not.. big yikes but that would be completely up to FraudLabsPro's system I suppose. If they forgot IPv6 exists, then I could see them having coded it to where it treats anything other than IPv4 as bad/false/wrong.

If you can give me order IDs it would help tremendously.

The (now closed) ticket this time is 823363.

@Jio said:

@VirMach said: This is due to FraudLabsPro.

I just tried the fraudlabspro "enter an IP to look up" and any IPv6 - tried many - I enter returns 500 Internal Server Error.

I'm on this page:
    https://www.fraudlabspro.com/demo

If I enter my TunnelBroker IPv6 address and keep everything else default, API returns: (irrelevant fields removed)

{
        "is_high_risk_country": "N",
        "ip_country": "US",
        "ip_isp_name": "Hurricane Electric LLC",
        "ip_usage_type": "Data Center\/Web Hosting\/Transit",
        "is_ip_blacklist": "N",
        "fraudlabspro_score": 85
    }

• aliletalilet Member

You should also post involucrated offers where the VPS will automatically involucrate in future without informing anyone. And then make a post on OLX about selling hardware and also create back dated post in WHMCS. As an additional measure, you can also sell your IP block and delete any tickets related to involucration.

• What's the model of CPU?

I hope you don't disappear like cociu

• neverainneverain Member
    edited July 2021

is it possible to transfer to tokyo after its available?

• kjl24kjl24 Member

i wish i could order tokyo

Thanked by 1neverain
  • @alilet said:
    You should also post involucrated offers where the VPS will automatically involucrate in future without informing anyone. And then make a post on OLX about selling hardware and also create back dated post in WHMCS. As an additional measure, you can also sell your IP block and delete any tickets related to involucration.

to make this concept viable you have to additionally hire somebody to keep posting shitwalls of text claiming for 7 weeks that everything is in order :D

• vyas11vyas11 Member

@Andrews said:

@alilet said:

to make this concept viable you have to additionally hire somebody to keep posting shitwalls of text claiming for 7 weeks that everything is in order :D

Hire + 9 vps

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • @nikozin said:
    What's the model of CPU?

I hope you don't disappear like cociu

Cociu is like a dick head on a grandpa..

• And "FREE120" has expired as the limit reached.

Double the limit ? @VirMach :smiley:

Thanked by 1Ganonk
  • Can't wait for the chorus of where's my Ryzen in a few months

• xetsysxetsys Member

Damn. Too late to the party. Thought this was one of the old virmach threads but then I noticed the time stamps. It was already late then