Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ S U M M E R H O S T S A L E ★ From $9/YR ★ 1GB $15/YR ★ Transfers To Ryzen ★ Easter Eggs - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ S U M M E R H O S T S A L E ★ From $9/YR ★ 1GB $15/YR ★ Transfers To Ryzen ★ Easter Eggs

Comments

• Invoice #1251264
    Same problem, shows unpaid after being proceeded manually but $0 invoice can't be paid.
    Please check, thank!

• CybrCybr Member

I was early but missed the part at the end of the easter egg about the first 100 being free. :disappointed:

• @xetsys said:
    Damn. Too late to the party. Thought this was one of the old virmach threads but then I noticed the time stamps. It was already late then

all of the vpses are still in stock, so not late ig

• are u going to have tokyo location soon? Damn my heart is pounding.

Thanked by 1neverain
  • JabJabJabJab Member

The promotion code entered has already been used

:sadpanda:

No more free VPSes :D

• neverainneverain Member
    edited July 2021

-deleted-

• @neverain are you sure? there is a slew of new rules for this offer.

Thanked by 1neverain
  • edited July 2021

@xreann20 said:
    are u going to have tokyo location soon? Damn my heart is pounding.

Read @virmach response to my question on first page..

Thanked by 1neverain
  • So basically Tokyo is a mythical aspirational location for them.

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

Apparently reading is hard for a lot of people here.

• ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ##

Yet-Another-Bench-Script

v2021-06-05

https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script

## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ##

Sun Jul 4 17:04:24 BST 2021

Basic System Information:

Processor : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2687W v2 @ 3.40GHz
    CPU cores : 2 @ 3399.998 MHz
    AES-NI : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ❌ Disabled
    RAM : 1.9 GiB
    Swap : 256.0 MiB
    Disk : 39.1 GiB

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):

Block Size 4k (IOPS) 64k (IOPS)
    Read 32.05 MB/s (8.0k) 287.55 MB/s (4.4k)
    Write 32.11 MB/s (8.0k) 289.06 MB/s (4.5k)
    Total 64.17 MB/s (16.0k) 576.61 MB/s (9.0k)
    Block Size 512k (IOPS) 1m (IOPS)
    ------ --- ---- ---- ----
    Read 555.58 MB/s (1.0k) 564.39 MB/s (551)
    Write 585.10 MB/s (1.1k) 601.98 MB/s (587)
    Total 1.14 GB/s (2.2k) 1.16 GB/s (1.1k)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):

Provider | Location (Link) | Send Speed | Recv Speed
    | | |
    Clouvider | London, UK (10G) | 368 Mbits/sec | 643 Mbits/sec
    Online.net | Paris, FR (10G) | 649 Mbits/sec | 414 Mbits/sec
    WorldStream | The Netherlands (10G) | 293 Mbits/sec | 651 Mbits/sec
    Biznet | Jakarta, Indonesia (1G) | 543 Mbits/sec | 44.1 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider | NYC, NY, US (10G) | 357 Mbits/sec | 352 Mbits/sec
    Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 243 Mbits/sec | 402 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 239 Mbits/sec | 308 Mbits/sec
    Iveloz Telecom | Sao Paulo, BR (2G) | 313 Mbits/sec | 78.5 Mbits/sec

• xetsysxetsys Member
    edited July 2021

Can someone please share result of this benchmark?

https://github.com/LemonBench/LemonBench

I am specifically interested in "Streaming Unlock Test"

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate
    edited July 2021

@yoursunny said:
    Then I turned on VPN and the system accepted my second order; server delivered in 1 minute, and bandwidth is already doubled.

Double bandwidth, but it can only reach the same data center:

It's installed from Debian 6 template, and I did not change any config file.
    "Reconfigure networking" button returns "unknown error".

Free chicken is dead caged chicken, it seems.

• brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate
    edited July 2021

@yoursunny said: Double bandwidth, but it can only reach the same data center:

Seems like your very unlucky recently...

[root@BrilliantFluid-VM ~]# ping 8.8.8.8
    PING 8.8.8.8 (8.8.8.8) 56(84) bytes of data.
    64 bytes from 8.8.8.8: icmp_seq=1 ttl=114 time=10.0 ms
    64 bytes from 8.8.8.8: icmp_seq=2 ttl=114 time=10.0 ms
    64 bytes from 8.8.8.8: icmp_seq=3 ttl=114 time=10.1 ms
    64 bytes from 8.8.8.8: icmp_seq=4 ttl=114 time=10.0 ms
    ^C
    --- 8.8.8.8 ping statistics ---
    4 packets transmitted, 4 received, 0% packet loss, time 3013ms
    rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 10.050/10.092/10.158/0.108 ms

I placed my order via IPv6 btw.

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider
    edited July 2021

@Jio said: I just tried the fraudlabspro "enter an IP to look up" and any IPv6 - tried many - I enter returns 500 Internal Server Error.

We'll have to look into this more and get in contact with them. In the meantime, similar instructions should be used, as in if you're incorrectly flagged by the system everyone should just let us know on the generated ticket. We do check all of these that receive a response and if the system's wrong, we'll know.

@databoss said: So basically selling servers with a SOONtm promise of Ryzen after you see what Virmach really needs after Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter renewals.

This is mainly due to us having locked off servers in preparation for Ryzen migrations. Of course, people cancel over time, and servers get empty and we lose money. But if we fill them with new customers, they may be upset that they are being migrated so quickly after their purchase.

@databoss said: Most won't see Ryzen until march or April next year, I presume.

Based on what I said, this is actually the opposite of what is planned but unfortunately nothing ever goes as planned. The servers that are expiring the latest will most likely be used for current offerings. We like stability, and don't want customers changing IP addresses and having outages/downtimes even if it is planned migrations, so that's why we locked off nodes instead of continuing to sell on them if they were going to expire sooner. Unfortunately, this plan wasn't going to work forever as we do need to keep servers filled.

Hope that makes sense, it's just the best solution we found, to fill them with people who know they will be migrated soon. It wasn't meant to be a Soon TM tactic and we weren't trying to "upsell" people on the fact that it will become Ryzen. We had to mention that they'd be migrated anyway, so of course it's good to state it will be Ryzen.

At the same time in case everything goes wrong in the worst way possible, we do not want to make empty promises. All of these offers were 100% priced exactly as they would be whether or not they become Ryzen. As in, they are priced to sell as non-Ryzen.

You can compare these to our previous offers, I mean there's a reason the 1GB offer was $18.40 and it was reduced to $15 for this sale, because we are selling it as if it is an E5 offer. You're not meant to expect to be paying more for it being moved to Ryzen, it's just a sale, that happens to include the following agreement: you're okay with us migrating you and you understand your IP address will change and you will be moved to a different datacenter with a different network blend, whether or not that way be desirable.

@Jio said: Plus the cashflow from this sale will be used to purchase their own ip and machines that aren't colocrossing to put in their own DC. Hence migration machine by machine and potential for being randomly moved and consolidated on CC Machines as they condense them as much as possible to free up revenue for their own machine purposes.

We aren't purchasing IP addresses. They're at something crazy like 10 year ROI right now, it doesn't make sense anymore. The only people buying IPv4 addresses from IPv4 hoarders are big companies that plan on making a lot of money per month off the IP address to where they don't care if it's 10 year ROI, it's just a drop in the bucket. For our offerings and pricing, of course this is not the case. We aren't an ISP charging $60 a month for internet. To them, buying an IP would be less than a month of the cost of their service.

I do want to stress that the chance for being consolidated onto another CC machine is not intended to be done exactly how you mention, but in the end, it's a similar effect. All the revenue from these offers will go into funding more Ryzen purchases, which we will need to do since we will need to purchase more Ryzens (since we're selling more space that will need to be moved to Ryzen.) So it creates a problem (we need more Ryzen nodes) and it solves it (we have revenue for more Ryzen nodes.) Versus losing money on empty servers until their contract end date, and having no additional customers, no additional revenue, no additional Ryzen nodes.

@Jio said: I also presume they need to wait for CC contracts to expire (most will be after/around thanksgiving Christmas Easter - if they had them on yearly contracts.

Contracts expire around the date period I have above. Those dates are specifically contract expiration dates, not arbitrary dates. They mainly range from 09/30/21 to 04/30/2022. There are some of them before and after, but I'd say 70-80% of them that are expiring are within these dates.

@yoursunny said: Under these definitions, TunnelBroker is indeed a VPN.

There are certain situations that are not indicative of fraud, but end up getting classified as such. If we were to build our own antifraud system, it would be vastly different and use IP addresses differently than how it's currently deployed. Unfortunately, we are not currently in the business of making a billing and anti-fraud system.

Perhaps later down the line, we will deploy this how we want and in this case, unfortunately we would most likely have to classify Tunnel Broker as potentially "bad" as well, but we would most likely not instantly block it but instead set it to "manual review." So I would say FraudLabsPro did label this correctly for us to a point, from a risk assessment perspective. I'm just hoping it was as a result of this and not any IPv6 issue.

@yoursunny said: I replied last time (Ticket 211588) and the order got approved after two days, but I didn't explain the TunnelBroker situation.

I remember handling this ticket and a few others like it. Since I'm familiar with these type of services, and I personally didn't see it as a risk especially given your account status as a whole it was approved. Sorry for not providing an explanation here, you did ask why it was rejected and I just gave the default approval message as we usually do these in batches and are very busy (and were even busier at the time.)

It's just not something that comes up a lot so we don't have any policy in place for these right now either. If someone else handled your ticket here, they might have unfortunately told you that you're using a VPN and rejected it.

@yoursunny said: The (now closed) ticket this time is 823363.

I've se tthis one back to pending, it did have an invoice. I'll approve it as well, you can just have two of them.

@yoursunny said: If I enter my TunnelBroker IPv6 address and keep everything else default, API returns: (irrelevant fields removed)

Yes, on our end it does appear to function properly both times so that's good. I was starting to get concerned that they actually didn't implement IPv6 support.

@nikozin said: What's the model of CPU?

I hope you don't disappear like cociu

Around E5-2660v1 to E5-2690v2 on the Intel side, and then 3900X to 3950X on the Ryzen side with a very small possibility of 5900X or 5950X.

@nikozin said: I hope you don't disappear like cociu

I know what you mean here but I'd like to misunderstand that as you threatening me, makes it funnier especially with your avatar.

@neverain said: is it possible to transfer to tokyo after its available?

@kjl24 said: i wish i could order tokyo

Please understand that I may be fully incorrect in stating this and nothing is guaranteed so please do not buy this in hopes of being moved to Tokyo as I do not want you to be disappointed, but I did basically answer this as much as I could above. See my message below:

@VirMach said: As for migration -- as in, changing locations based on preference, we do currently have plans for this but we have not ironed out all the details. We cannot guarantee this at all. We still need to figure out a good way to have people pre-register their intended location changes and have a system that can efficiently process them without issues. So, I do not want to promise anything.

As an added note, I will say one thing. Buffalo, NY, has a lot more servers and people. This also means based on the survey we did a while back, about half the people in Buffalo are prisoners there, as in they want to migrate away given the opportunity.

If we do process migrations in the way I outlined above, we will most likely have more space allocated to allowing people from Buffalo specifically to move to other locations. That means if you have a service in Buffalo, assuming there are shortages in Ryzen availability, you will have a higher probability of being able to move to Tokyo since we will do the math to where half the servers in Buffalo will be evenly distributed to other locations. AKA, we will send X amount less servers to NYC Metro since we expect about half the people do not want to stay in Buffalo. But for example, in San Jose, we will expect everyone wants to stay there, so we will not send X amount less and therefore it may be more difficult to migrate from let's say San Jose to Japan than it is from Buffalo to Japan, since the X servers sent less to NYC Metro will be sent to all other locations we expect people from NYC want to be in.

Hope that makes sense, I know it may be confusing, it's confusing on our end as well, that's why I don't want to promise anything.

I'll see if I can publish numbers from the surveys in a meaningful manner so everyone understands what we will be basing migration desire on. If this desire changes from what data we collected on these surveys, then there could possibly be shortages in some locations, when it comes to allowing migrations from one location to another.

Otherwise, outside of these natural shortages, and outside of the amount of support work required correcting any issues with migrations and a few other minor issues, we don't really care and would love to allow everyone to move wherever they want for free. We have to be realistic though.

@Andrews said: to make this concept viable you have to additionally hire somebody to keep posting shitwalls of text claiming for 7 weeks that everything is in order

Uh-oh... :shifty-eyed:

January 16:

@VirMach said: All paid Los Angeles orders will be activated by February 28, 2021 or sooner. All paid Amsterdam orders will be activated by March 31st, 2021 or sooner.

February 16:

@VirMach said: Alpha test was supposed to be last week, shifted to this week. Beta test will definitely be there by the published times.

March 5:

@VirMach said: Waiting on IPv4, and being able to drop off the hardware at this point. Kind of disappointed myself it's already the end of the week, as I was confident in being able to get this done by Tuesday, but it is what it is.

March 7:

@VirMach said: We visited the datacenter earlier, and dropped off everything required.

April 3:

@VirMach said: . Just delays with the IP addresses. Finally got a response on that on March 30th from a third party, and it's almost done.

May 8:

@VirMach said: Really shooting for by end of this week for Ryzen betas in Los Angeles, as well as the storage node.

June 15:

@VirMach said: Oh man, that didn't age well. Quick update guys, sorry for the lack of them.

Amsterdam still waiting on IPv4's
    NYC Metro moving forward more rapidly than anticipated, IPs ready, everything ready
    Los Angeles, same status but hopefully we'll actually get it done this time

June 22:

@VirMach said: Packing stuff up for Amsterdam, NYC Metro and the rest of Los Angeles.

June 23:

@VirMach said: Servers will most likely be shipped out this week

2072 AD:

@VirMach said: Everything is in order, Los Angeles Ryzen beta should be ready this week.

@yorkchou said:
    Invoice #1251264
    Same problem, shows unpaid after being proceeded manually but $0 invoice can't be paid.
    Please check, thank!

Fixed. Thank you very much for not creating a ticket about it. I want to encourage this type of behavior so I'll start randomly giving easter eggs to people as well that use this thread for minor issues (and some that do create a ticket but do it properly for this special, such as not doing both things at once.)

@xreann20 said: are u going to have tokyo location soon? Damn my heart is pounding.

I'm pretty excited about this one too.

@databoss said: So basically Tokyo is a mythical aspirational location for them.

We are almost done sealing the deal with Equinix. If that doesn't work out, we have two fallbacks. Unless all three options fall through or perhaps the prime minister of Japan has a news conference and states he does not want VirMach to expand to Tokyo, it's planned and will happen.

There was too much demand for it not to happen.

@yoursunny said: Double bandwidth, but it can only reach the same data center

Cursed double bandwidth activity.

• ouvounouvoun Member

@VirMach Are custom ISOs okay to request for these offers? I realize it automatically files a ticket so I'm trying to avoid adding another one to the pile. :)

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@VirMach said:

@yoursunny said: I replied last time (Ticket 211588) and the order got approved after two days, but I didn't explain the TunnelBroker situation.

I remember handling this ticket and a few others like it. Since I'm familiar with these type of services, and I personally didn't see it as a risk especially given your account status as a whole it was approved.

Thanks for explaining.

@VirMach said:

@yoursunny said: The (now closed) ticket this time is 823363.

I've set this one back to pending, it did have an invoice. I'll approve it as well, you can just have two of them.

Yeah this chicken is alive now.

@VirMach said:
    As an added note, I will say one thing. Buffalo, NY, has a lot more servers and people. This also means based on the survey we did a while back, about half the people in Buffalo are prisoners there, as in they want to migrate away given the opportunity.

If we do process migrations in the way I outlined above, we will most likely have more space allocated to allowing people from Buffalo specifically to move to other locations. That means if you have a service in Buffalo, assuming there are shortages in Ryzen availability, you will have a higher probability of being able to move to Tokyo since we will do the math to where half the servers in Buffalo will be evenly distributed to other locations. AKA, we will send X amount less servers to NYC Metro since we expect about half the people do not want to stay in Buffalo. But for example, in San Jose, we will expect everyone wants to stay there, so we will not send X amount less and therefore it may be more difficult to migrate from let's say San Jose to Japan than it is from Buffalo to Japan, since the X servers sent less to NYC Metro will be sent to all other locations we expect people from NYC want to be in.

Hope that makes sense, I know it may be confusing, it's confusing on our end as well, that's why I don't want to promise anything.

This makes perfect sense to me. An illustration for the confused:

@VirMach said:

@yoursunny said: Double bandwidth, but it can only reach the same data center

Cursed double bandwidth activity.

This rack will be collapsed in no time.

Thanked by 1VirMach
  • DegeltaDegelta Member
    edited July 2021

@VirMach Why does the 3GB special ask to specify 2 locations and OSes? I though the first is the current location and the second one is the migration target, but after several hours on 'pending' my server was set up in the second location (Amsterdam) which I'm very happy about. :smile:

@yoursunny said: This makes perfect sense to me. An illustration for the confused:

Thanks for the illustration, but where are the chickens?

@Degelta said: @VirMach Why does the 3GB special ask to specify 2 locations and OSes? I though the first is the current location and the second one is the migration target, but after several hours on 'pending' my server was set up in the second location (Amsterdam) which I'm very happy about.

Uh-oh.

And everyone else I'll still get to your messages, just busy with today's scheduled migrations (non-Ryzen.)

Thanked by 1yoursunny

@ouvoun said: @VirMach Are custom ISOs okay to request for these offers? I realize it automatically files a ticket so I'm trying to avoid adding another one to the pile.

Yes, you can request it.

• This partly feels like, "Hey Colocrossing, we're pulling out the majority if not all, you better offer some pretty sweet deals to keep us".

That being said, I thought they were the cheapest provider, so no matter what if going to another provider, baseline costs will increase.

edited July 2021

@TimboJones said: This partly feels like, "Hey Colocrossing, we're pulling out the majority if not all, you better offer some pretty sweet deals to keep us".

If this were something to happen, it would more likely be the previous stages that already took place a few years ago. Currently, it's more like "stop shooting yourself in the foot and sending us the bill."

@TimboJones said: That being said, I thought they were the cheapest provider, so no matter what if going to another provider, baseline costs will increase.

People actually seem to think this is true for some reason. Maybe at some point in time.

Let's say you wanted to start your own hosting company. The IPv4 addresses are given to you for essentially free at a very good point in time before their prices are set to skyrocket. You have some servers, but a lot more empty space and IP addresses. You can get financing for more servers, as long as you can show your creditor signed agreements that are longer in length.

What do you do? Well, you end up buying a lot of hardware on credit. As much of it as you can, and to do this, you need to find customers. As long as you meet the creditor's requirements, you don't really care how much you charge for it. Well, not you have a bunch of hardware that's already above cost due to financing. They do have longer contract terms, so you don't have to be too worried about it, but uh-oh, because you wanted to get a lot of servers and customers, you have accidentally sold a lot of servers to summer hosts. Now you have a bunch of servers and no customer for them, well, you can just sell it for cheaper since you already had some of it paid off, it's better than it sitting there empty. So all is well, but you're starting to run out of IPv4 addresses finally, and your hardware is getting older and older. You can't really buy much new equipment anymore, you've probably exhausted your limits at this point. Oh, and a lot of agreements you're grandfathered into such as Windows licensing are going to expire soon. Well, better sell it all to a company that pays the highest amount of money, regardless of if they are a good fit.

Now, your company is owned by this company that has no idea what they're doing is running everything and they don't really know what they bought. It's padded with a lot of bureaucracy. Even more than ever though, they're all about that revenue but they also want to cut costs. I'm sure someone sitting at the top looks at all the numbers, and they make (bad) decisions based on them. Alright, let's try to push the locations where we already have a lot of servers and space and why do we need 5 different network engineers 24x7 anyway? Why do we have sales people and account managers? We don't really need them. Let's get rid of some. Let's keep this old hardware, but why are we keeping so many replacement parts everywhere? Let's use those. Why are we selling these servers so cheap? Let's raise the prices. Wait, we have to pay how much for Windows licensing? Let's just cut it off, I'll deal with it later. Why would we buy new hardware? What we have is good enough, we've been doing the same thing for a hundred years and it's fine. No, don't reduce pricing to be more in line with the hardware, we can sell it at the same price or even more. What's Spamhaus? Oh they sound reputable if anyone gets on this list just nullroute the IP address immediately and forever. We have to keep increasing revenue, and decreasing costs. Finally, you get to a point where you start alienating some pretty big customers, and while try to preserve all the revenue, you end up losing the revenue because you can't fathom losing 5% of it. But that's probably better anyway, right? Why would you reduce your revenue to keep your revenue? That's a downward slope on some chart I learned in business school. We can only reduce revenue if we add revenue. Oh, the customer cancelled? Well, that's out of our control we shouldn't worry about things like that or question if it is in any way correlated to how we performed our job.

@TimboJones said: That being said, I thought they were the cheapest provider, so no matter what if going to another provider, baseline costs will increase.

Anyway, we will be reducing costs by a huge degree. Outside of the initial hardware costs, essentially everything else is much more affordable when you go with the right datacenter partners and use more advanced technology that uses 1/3rd the power to get the same job done, especially if these parts match what customers want the most almost a decade later, which may not be the same as what they wanted previously. And if we fund it ourselves as much as possible, we don't have creditors who have no clue what a server is assessing risks and such. Nor will we have a lot of risk if we also know how to run our company properly.

I was going to hide this next one in one of the previous walls of text but that'd be cruel. I think it's enough for it to be right under a wall of text.

We just posted a new temporary length service detail, for 120 days.
    Use code "30EXTRASJKVM6" for 30% off it, limit 50.

640MB RAM
    10GB Disk
    1vCore
    1,000GB Bandwidth
    1Gbps Port
    1 IPv4
    San Jose, CA - Location

Product expires/terminates permanently after 120 days.

• Promotion Code Accepted! Your order total has been updated.

30EXTRASJKVM6 - 23% One Time Discount :D

edited July 2021

@Degelta said: Promotion Code Accepted! Your order total has been updated.

30EXTRASJKVM6 - 23% One Time Discount

Ughh why is my brain melting.

(Edit) Alright everyone who bought it at 23% off just gets 100% off instead, I'm refunding you (and you keep the product.)

• @VirMach said: 3GB MIGRATION SPECIAL

AMS location

# ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
    #              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2021-06-05                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #
    # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #

Mon Jul  5 02:49:26 EDT 2021

Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Processor  : Intel Xeon E312xx (Sandy Bridge, IBRS update)
    CPU cores  : 3 @ 3399.998 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ❌ Disabled
    RAM        : 2.9 GiB
    Swap       : 256.0 MiB
    Disk       : 58.8 GiB

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ---- 
    Read       | 79.04 MB/s   (19.7k) | 633.64 MB/s   (9.9k)
    Write      | 79.25 MB/s   (19.8k) | 636.97 MB/s   (9.9k)
    Total      | 158.30 MB/s  (39.5k) | 1.27 GB/s    (19.8k)
               |                      |                     
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ---- 
    Read       | 756.62 MB/s   (1.4k) | 855.27 MB/s    (835)
    Write      | 796.82 MB/s   (1.5k) | 912.23 MB/s    (890)
    Total      | 1.55 GB/s     (3.0k) | 1.76 GB/s     (1.7k)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed     
                    |                           |                 |                
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 1.76 Gbits/sec  | 924 Mbits/sec  
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 948 Mbits/sec   | busy           
    WorldStream     | The Netherlands (10G)     | busy            | 913 Mbits/sec  
    Biznet          | Jakarta, Indonesia (1G)   | 523 Mbits/sec   | 171 Mbits/sec  
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 1.13 Gbits/sec  | 466 Mbits/sec  
    Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 1.21 Gbits/sec  | 271 Mbits/sec  
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 791 Mbits/sec   | 425 Mbits/sec  
    Iveloz Telecom  | Sao Paulo, BR (2G)        | 345 Mbits/sec   | 206 Mbits/sec  

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value                         
                    |                               
    Single Core     | 595                           
    Multi Core      | 1690                          
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/8689058

Thanked by 1lovelyserver
  • bulbasaurbulbasaur Member
    edited July 2021

@VirMach said: your company is owned by this company that has no idea what they're doing is running everything and they don't really know what they bought.

Is this just a what-if, or is this a real thing that happened to Virmach? Is the company in question that doesn't have a clue named Colocrossing?

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@stevewatson301 said:

@VirMach said: your company is owned by this company that has no idea what they're doing is running everything and they don't really know what they bought.

Is this just a what-if, or is this a real thing that happened to Virmach? Is the company in question that doesn't have a clue named Colocrossing?

I take it to be Deluxe Corporation, which is the company that bought CC in 2018.

VirMach remains independent, as far as I can tell.

Thanked by 2bulbasaur TimboJones
  • bulbasaurbulbasaur Member
    edited July 2021

@VirMach said: Our servers with ColoCrossing have been going empty, so I am once again asking for your support in filling the lonely and deeply saddened Buffalo servers.

I bought a BF special during 2020. As I understand it, you guys are moving out of CC entirely, so my VPS will be moved out of CC as well in due course if I got this correctly?