Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

cociu - hostsolutions.ro - NETSILVANIA | Move your services! - Page 29
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

cociu - hostsolutions.ro - NETSILVANIA | Move your services!

Comments

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

He just needs to be hand-held, when it comes to operational and communication related matters.

• @William said:

@seriesn said: They aren't hard to find. They are just expensive.

Exactly. Hetzner would not be a week down, they would eat the cost. Same for OVH. Same for BuyVM even.

@cociu isn't them. @cociu will say, "fuck off, take it or leave it. I don't need you as a customer, there are a lot of others who want to be my customer"

Thanked by 2niknar1900 BlaZe
  • @jsg said:

@samm said:
    Refunding his customers would be safer and profitable option for him than buying new HDD and providing 1 yr free services.

Not so sure about that - but anyway the customers should chose whether they want their money back or whether they want to keep their systems and get some kind of compensation.

It is, nothing to be unsure about, it's just math. It's obvious. Previous profit was based on lower costs. His previous costs were based on super good pricing, well below off the shelf prices.

Now, there's no profit at all giving away an extra year on top of additional, peak costs.
    If it's not financially feasible to provide everyone a free year, then it makes no sense to give the option and he should just refund for any chance of company surviving.

Cociu is not a very good business man.

• JasonMJasonM Member

@cociu said: A quick update , today we have receive some new hdd , verry difficult to find them locally unfortunately due of minining , so this next weekend we will start to reprovide the services in paralel with the data recovery from the old storages (where is possible) , like i have told before we will have 2 options , 1 ask for refund , 2 stay like client and ask for 1 year of free service.

thanks for the update (I was waiting for). I'll take a free year. Hope this time those drives work well.

• sjkmesjkme Member

been watching this thread since day one, both my servers are down (3 year deals) i understand hard drives crash & servers go down due to incompetence or simple bad luck, but the lack of regular communication & updates from @cociu is just vexing.

still i hope for the best, and wish @cociu the best of luck in sorting this mess out.

Thanked by 2JasonM pbx
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited May 2021

Not taking sides here but GTS Romania is a ***.
    I have had a contract with them for fiber when fiber was expensive and hard to find (2000's here) and after a year i choose not to renew as there were much cheaper alternatives already.
    I have notified them in the required time but they argued holidays do not count and i was one day late so I had the service terminated AND had to pay for one more year (at extortionist rates plus a rent for the gear they already took).
    I said sue me and never heard from them again.
    At that time, though, their services were really 2 classes above everything else, now i get 1 gbps fiber in the mountains at similar uptime for 10 dollars including taxes.

• @TimboJones said:

@jsg said:

@samm said:
    Refunding his customers would be safer and profitable option for him than buying new HDD and providing 1 yr free services.

Not so sure about that - but anyway the customers should chose whether they want their money back or whether they want to keep their systems and get some kind of compensation.

It is, nothing to be unsure about, it's just math. It's obvious. Previous profit was based on lower costs. His previous costs were based on super good pricing, well below off the shelf prices.

Now, there's no profit at all giving away an extra year on top of additional, peak costs.
    If it's not financially feasible to provide everyone a free year, then it makes no sense to give the option and he should just refund for any chance of company surviving.

I'd like to point out that the drives were involucrated. I've never heard of drives being involucrated, so this is kinda like a new precedent. If I discovered anything of mine suddenly becoming involucrated I'd lose my shit as though I just met jesus or something....

• LeviLevi Member

@dahartigan said:

@TimboJones said:

@jsg said:

@samm said:

I'd like to point out that the drives were involucrated. I've never heard of drives being involucrated, so this is kinda like a new precedent. If I discovered anything of mine suddenly becoming involucrated I'd lose my shit as though I just met jesus or something....

You just come to the drive and be like "hey hdd, wanna some involucration into chia or something?". The drive usually responds "yea man, just involucrate me".

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited May 2021

@Maounique said: Not taking sides here

Welcome back. Missed you :)

• pbxpbx Member

@sjkme said: but the lack of regular communication & updates from @cociu is just vexing.

Agree. An email to all affected customer as soon as the problem is known is a must!

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • defaultdefault Veteran

involucration = PMS of HDD

• Only cociu has the prem involucrated disks, sent by Chia

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran

@Lee said:

@Maounique said: Not taking sides here

Welcome back. Missed you :)

@Maounique is in the house !! You made my day. :smiley:

• hxufhxuf Member

I've been out of contact with my vps for a long time now. Still continuing to wait for recovery.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@Maounique said:
    Not taking sides here but GTS Romania is a ***.
    I have had a contract with them for fiber when fiber was expensive and hard to find (2000's here) and after a year i choose not to renew as there were much cheaper alternatives already.
    I have notified them in the required time but they argued holidays do not count and i was one day late so I had the service terminated AND had to pay for one more year (at extortionist rates plus a rent for the gear they already took).
    I said sue me and never heard from them again.
    At that time, though, their services were really 2 classes above everything else, now i get 1 gbps fiber in the mountains at similar uptime for 10 dollars including taxes.

Welcome back!!! Glad to see you back - missed your posts!

Thanked by 2BBTN Maounique
  • Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran

Have they emailed affected customers yet? I just got an email about a Ryzen promo but IMO they really shouldn't be sending out promos while leaving current customers in the dark with no updates.

• LeviLevi Member

At least spelling errors still the same.

• seriesnseriesn Member

@Daniel15 said:
    Have they emailed affected customers yet? I just got an email about a Ryzen promo but IMO they really shouldn't be sending out promos while leaving current customers in the dark with no updates.

At this point, this is quality meme.

Thanked by 1brueggus
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • I'm going to repost this again

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR

Yeah no, please don't advertise his new offerings until he gets his HDD House in order

• ps20090ps20090 Member
    edited May 2021

"To benefit of this offer please use the cupon code "Ryzen" when you sing in."

1. cupon

2. sing in

Me thinking about Cociu

Sometimes, all I think about is you
    Late nights in the middle of June
    Heat waves been faking me out
    Can't make you happier now

Carrying old HDDs for him

https://youtube.com/watch?v=mRD0-GxqHVo

• randomqrandomq Member

@hawc said:
    Yeah no, please don't advertise his new offerings until he gets his HDD House in order

Ah that's it. He built a house out of hard drives, because lumber has become so expensive!

Thanked by 2BBTN dahartigan
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@randomq said:

@hawc said:

Ah that's it. He built a house out of hard drives, because lumber has become so expensive!

You mean he sold the drives to pay for the ryzens'.

@jsg ?

Francisco

Thanked by 1bjo
  • strmdstrmd Member

I have a storage box affected by this mess. Nothing critical, nothing lost. Just mildly inconvenient, and a small amount of time and money most likely lost.

I've been mostly blaming myself for being in this situation in the first place, but receiving this promo email while having not heard a single thing about the downtime, that just makes me angry.

Anyone buying into new promos from this provider is supporting his outright abuse of existing paying customers. Which I wish I had understood before I practically did the same thing.

The time has come for a total ban and boycott.

• I received that email too. Hell will freeze over before I order from HO now.

• serv_eeserv_ee Member

@Daniel15 said:

I know I said something but...

L to the MAO!

• LeeLee Veteran

This is just hilarious now.

• seriesnseriesn Member
    edited May 2021

Alright guys. I am going to do Popcorn giveaways. If you switch over from this mess and take advantage of our switcher offer (as long as you are eligible), https://my.nexusbytes.com/knowledgebase/31/Switcher-Special-and-Contract-Buy-Out-Guidelines.html

You will receive free popcorn within 72 hours (applies to US and UK only for the time being unless I can figure out Amazon properly. )

Before you ask, we do not ignore DMCA and don’t condone to torrent.

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited May 2021

@seriesn said: take advantage of our switcher offer

Who you kidding, they are buying Ryzen VPS, with the cupons.

This discussion has been closed.