Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

cociu - hostsolutions.ro - NETSILVANIA | Move your services! - Page 28
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

cociu - hostsolutions.ro - NETSILVANIA | Move your services!

Comments

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@tronyx said:
    My VPS with them started working yesterday after 10 days of downtime. I thought that was end but I got a little surprise.

Whats the uptime on it? Is it a storage?

Francisco

• LMFTFY

@jsg said: cociu's absense abscess. >:)

• coolicecoolice Member
    edited May 2021

@William said:

@Kiwi83 said: How to pronounce cociu? I'm genuinely curious.

kotshiu, if it works like our balkan languages.

I should be more like Kosiu or Kotsiu or Kotsi ) it should be some Romanian version of name shorten from Constantine ....

• defaultdefault Veteran

It seems Cociu is a common family name in Romania. It is pronounced like reading: "cosiu" in English.

However, this is less important in such case. What is important is the downtime. I would not really care about how to pronounce the name of my provider in case of downtime. I would care more about my services going up and running.

• coldcold Member

@default said:
    It seems Cociu is a common family name in Romania. It is pronounced like reading: "cosiu" in English.

However, this is less important in such case. What is important is the downtime. I would not really care about how to pronounce the name of my provider in case of downtime. I would care more about my services going up and running.

you are wrong. you prononce : Cochiu, like Chicago or Chiwawa

• iKeyZiKeyZ Veteran

@jsg said:

• 7 out of 9 working != "almost all client services are down"
    • I'm not ignoring the fact that @cociu is "MIA". In fact I clearly stated that multiple times.

So if someone has 10 storage boxes currently all down it turns into a bigger issue? It's been clearly stated that it's a storage-box related issue several times. It's well known that there have been a lot of issues in the past with HS services, which spans back years.

It boggles my mind how you (and a couple others) are still fighting back against people saying things against HS. Servers have been down for multiple weeks, it seems the reason given originally was a lie from HS directly and the point that @cociu stated there would be something followed up and posted, which also hasn't happened, as he's still MIA.

You are just saying the same things over and over regardless of the common sense others are posting.

• LeviLevi Member

• LeviLevi Member

@iKeyZ said: You are just saying the same things over and over regardless of the common sense others are posting.

This is called fanatical behavior. This forum has few fanatics :)

Thanked by 3lentro bulbasaur iKeyZ
  • Guys guys guys! I had this amazing dream that my ticket was answered, that I got an extra year of service free, and that my kvm was up and running. Let me quickly just check if it happened.............

not a goddamn thing has changed

• nice dream though, hope it was wet.

Thanked by 2webcraft jugganuts
  • BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

@niknar1900 said:
    Guys guys guys! I had this amazing dream that my ticket was answered, that I got an extra year of service free, and that my kvm was up and running. Let me quickly just check if it happened.............

Did you get morning wood? if not, then it wasn't an amazing dream, quit lying son.

• M66BM66B Veteran

@niknar1900 said:
    Guys guys guys! I had this amazing dream that my ticket was answered, that I got an extra year of service free, and that my kvm was up and running. Let me quickly just check if it happened.............

There is a simple check: were there chewing cows?

No: just a nice dream, keep on dreaming.

Yes: the real deal, get the double credit.

Thanked by 1niknar1900
  • China mining involucrated all the drives

Thanked by 2DP SirFoxy
  • LeviLevi Member

These hostsolutions.ro stories are going to low end hosting anals:

1. The great fsck incident;
    2. The frying of a new core router;
    3. The involucration of 400 hdd's and baling out;

If anyone rememmbers more or want suplement these records with links - please do so.

• cociucociu Member

A quick update , today we have receive some new hdd , verry difficult to find them locally unfortunately due of minining , so this next weekend we will start to reprovide the services in paralel with the data recovery from the old storages (where is possible) , like i have told before we will have 2 options , 1 ask for refund , 2 stay like client and ask for 1 year of free service.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

14 days of downtime × 3000 clients = provider must do 42000 push-ups to compensate

• @cociu said:
    A quick update , today we have receive some new hdd , verry difficult to find them locally unfortunately due of minining , so this next weekend we will start to reprovide the services in paralel with the data recovery from the old storages (where is possible) , like i have told before we will have 2 options , 1 ask for refund , 2 stay like client and ask for 1 year of free service.

Would that also match the same timeline as "Monday"?

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • cociucociu Member

@NobodyInteresting said: Would that also match the same timeline as "Monday"?

i hope you understand i have get this mess in the wrost period , we talk about hdd , so i have hope get them monday , at least was delivered today.

Thanked by 2ps20090 cracboumhuee
  • lentrolentro Member, Host Rep

@cociu said: ask for refund

You have a bankruptcy hearing where you owe $60k. How will you get the money to pay us?

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting
  • cociucociu Member
    edited May 2021

@lentro said: You have a bankruptcy hearing where you owe $60k. How will you get the money to pay us?

who told this ? having a dispute with GTS wich was share our clients data with some "smart guys" withowt our permision and we have a juice for this running i dont think i own a amount wich GTS pretend to pay upfront until the contract is expire . ETC ETC ... is a long story wich i have promissed to share it once the judge will give the verdict.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@lentro said:

@cociu said: ask for refund

You have a bankruptcy hearing where you owe $60k. How will you get the money to pay us?

He ballin', wutchu talkin' about.

Musk is funding HS so they can afford to buy new HDDs and also issue refunds in parallel.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran
    edited May 2021

@cociu said: A quick update , today we have receive some new hdd

So what happened to the old ones? There is considerable skepticism that a bad UPS or power supply fried 400 hard drives.

• seriesnseriesn Member
    edited May 2021

@cociu said:

Sir,
    They aren't hard to find. They are just expensive.

Two completely different thing and you should follow the honor system.

Order drives from eBay/Amazon or whatever, but you have an obligation. 2 weeks of downtime and not communicating with your customer is wrong. I don't care even if it was as my Dad, communication is important.

Ignoring your paying customer is wrong my man. Totally and 100% wrong.

• sibapersibaper Member

:)

• sammsamm Member

@cociu said: 1 ask for refund

how do we do that? No one is answering ticket? Everyone seems to be busy with this mess.

• salakissalakis Member
    edited May 2021

Honestly, I am not expecting a lot and I am not mad about uptime. Hands down, anything above 80% uptime is fair enough. I do not need or want a free year of service or refund (I won't request it either), I do not even need my data, all I want is keeping that 80% uptime over three years, so another six months of downtime or so are fine with me. If cociu wants to wait and keep servers down to source cheap HDDs, it's fine with me.

Keeping my fingers crossed that @cociu finds a way out of this mess and that he's not in too serious financial/legal trouble.

Still, those days of silence were pretty bad and hard to forgive, I hope that at least this will eventually improve (that's really all I'm hoping for).

• WilliamWilliam Member

@seriesn said: They aren't hard to find. They are just expensive.

Exactly. Hetzner would not be a week down, they would eat the cost. Same for OVH. Same for BuyVM even.

Thanked by 2webcraft bulbasaur
  • LeeLee Veteran

@samm said: how do we do that? No one is answering ticket? Everyone seems to be busy with this mess.

He said you could ask, he didn't say you would get it.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • sammsamm Member

@salakis said: I do not even need my data, all I want is keeping that 80% uptime over three years

Good for you mate, you might want to ticket in and ask for such special service, not everyone deserves such special services.

@Lee said: He said you could ask, he didn't say you would get it.

Refunding his customers would be safer and profitable option for him than buying new HDD and providing 1 yr free services.

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@iKeyZ said:

@jsg said:

• 7 out of 9 working != "almost all client services are down"
    • I'm not ignoring the fact that @cociu is "MIA". In fact I clearly stated that multiple times.

So if someone has 10 storage boxes currently all down it turns into a bigger issue? It's been clearly stated that it's a storage-box related issue several times. It's well known that there have been a lot of issues in the past with HS services, which spans back years.

It boggles my mind how you (and a couple others) are still fighting back against people saying things against HS. Servers have been down for multiple weeks, it seems the reason given originally was a lie from HS directly and the point that @cociu stated there would be something followed up and posted, which also hasn't happened, as he's still MIA.

If I were a psychiatrist you'd amaze me. Your post is very little to do with me and what I said, but a lot with your own obviously utterly bent perception.

Btw, I early on and based on actual facts sampling was stating that the problem seems to be largely limited to storage systems and to one location.

@William said:

@seriesn said: They aren't hard to find. They are just expensive.

Exactly. Hetzner would not be a week down, they would eat the cost. Same for OVH. Same for BuyVM even.

Yes, but then those have a margin @cociu highly likely doesn't have. Also, for the big two providers 40 or 400 disks (or even systems) are a drop in the lake while for cociu they are half (or even more) of the lake I guess.

@samm said:
    Refunding his customers would be safer and profitable option for him than buying new HDD and providing 1 yr free services.

Not so sure about that - but anyway the customers should chose whether they want their money back or whether they want to keep their systems and get some kind of compensation.

@all

I was about to tell cociu that he seems to have quite a lot of customers who do understand that very low prices also translate to less reliable and great products and who seem to be willing to give him another chance or to even forgive this disaster, and that he must drastically improve (as a person) in terms of communication, keeping promises, and being reliable and dependable.

But I don't, because frankly, I don't think he even can. It's just not in his personality I guess.

Sad, really sad because it would be nice to have an ultra-cheap provider offering only say 98% availability but that reliably and consistently. cociu's attitude wrt communication puts him into the unattractive lottery corner

This discussion has been closed.