Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Directadmin Feedback Thread! Feedback wanted to help improve the product! - Page 44
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Directadmin Feedback Thread! Feedback wanted to help improve the product!

Comments

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@smicroz said:
    There is plan to add mongodb?

Directadmin prides itself on being pretty easy on resources.

MongoDB prides itself on being a cancerous monstrosity.

Francisco

• I have an idea for @DA_Mark, have you thought about making the end-user control panel open-source? That wouldn't devalue the product at all but it may allow others users to contribute more directly to development for that part of the product.

• @desfire said:

BTW, any chances to include a tick box on File Manager to select all files? Had some clients wondering about it (as in cPanel there is the option to "select all" and "unselect all" but not in DA)

Have you tried a ctrl+A? :smile: But I agree, there should also be something clickable, especially since the select-all functionality is already there. So we'll add it to the list.

@Aractus said:
    I have an idea for @DA_Mark, have you thought about making the end-user control panel open-source? That wouldn't devalue the product at all but it may allow others users to contribute more directly to development for that part of the product.

Everything is so intertwined that there's not a separate codebase for the end-user panel. Through plugins, almost anything can be accomplished, so it's not that we are preventing others from creating DA goodies.

• @DA_Mark said:

@desfire said:

BTW, any chances to include a tick box on File Manager to select all files? Had some clients wondering about it (as in cPanel there is the option to "select all" and "unselect all" but not in DA)

Have you tried a ctrl+A? :smile: But I agree, there should also be something clickable, especially since the select-all functionality is already there. So we'll add it to the list.

Where is the "select-all functionality"? Sorry, I don't see it. I don't usually use File Manager but I client of mine asked about it, I told him to select the first one, press shift and click the last one, but when there are too many files it won't select all.

Control+A indeed work, will let him know. They are just used to cPanel and maybe they do not control manual keyboard short codes. Thanks

Regarding to add it, it would be appreciated.

• @desfire said:

Control+A indeed work, will let him know. They are just used to cPanel and maybe they do not control manual keyboard short codes. Thanks

Regarding to add it, it would be appreciated.

Sorry, I meant that because the functionality (feature) is already there (through Ctrl+A) it means we can easily add more options (like a checkbox). It was my way of saying, it's an easy one to do. :)

• JamesFJamesF Member, Host Rep

The issue is a lot of users use their phones and tablets, so file manger really needs to be easy to use on those devices.

• @JamesF said:
    The issue is a lot of users use their phones and tablets, so file manger really needs to be easy to use on those devices.

When you select any of the items, then click on "selected 1/50", it selects them all. So, it's another way to do it on mobiles/desktop, but we agree that something more intuitive could be added there :smile:

• @DA_Mark said:

Everything is so intertwined that there's not a separate codebase for the end-user panel. Through plugins, almost anything can be accomplished, so it's not that we are preventing others from creating DA goodies.

I was thinking more along the line that the value for you would be more that the corporate clients could push bug fixes/features on the repo, not about plugins. I mean I'm taking a guess, but I'm guessing most shared hosts would prefer the customer panel works perfectly and any bugs or limitations to be in the main server panel.

• @Aractus said:

I was thinking more along the line that the value for you would be more that the corporate clients could push bug fixes/features on the repo, not about plugins. I mean I'm taking a guess, but I'm guessing most shared hosts would prefer the customer panel works perfectly and any bugs or limitations to be in the main server panel.

I guess there's two different things here. As for bug fixes, we are very good about that (same-day quite often) or 24-72 hours on lesser things. I'm sure quite a few people here can remember when they reported something, and we replied back to the ticket/e-mail with "Fixed -- please download the new binary."

So that leaves us with features.. again, we did address this with the plugin system. For example, just above us is some discussion of tweaks within the file manager. Well, the plugin system goes far beyond this... In fact someone could create a whole new file manager, if they wished. :)

The other thing (which I do not know) is how many hosts are also coders. I'm assuming they aren't and that's why they are buying a commercial control panel in the first place. :)

• cimaservercimaserver Member
    edited April 2021

@DA_Mark said:

@Francisco said:

@DA_Mark said: Does that sound like it would solve this problem? You could report bugs, get fixes right away, but not be forced to run anything uncompleted/still in need of final tweaks.

That'd likely help a lot and quell some of the 'nothings getting done around here' views.

Any sneak peaks at the interface changes? :) I'm guessing something a little more oakely?

Francisco

As mentioned, already in the pre-release and demo on our site as well. :smile:

Hello, I activated the new template to my server but it confuses the left menu a bit, the perfect thing would be that the icons of the applications will be shown immediately on the main page of the hosting for end customers

Just tried out the 'refreshed' skin....

not very friendly on the macbook 13.3" screen, have to scroll left to right to see things.

Also on the old 'Icons Screen' the switch at the top for Admin/User level is not right with 'Access Level' squashed in.

• royal_oakroyal_oak Member
    edited April 2021

@DA_Mark said:

I really like your current evo skin. Sure it could benefit from some refinements here and there but it has its own strengths. In contrast to cpanels skin its even possible for new users to oversee all functionalities at first glance with your evo skin.

Furthermore your evo skin has its own dna which I'm missing with that new skin. For me it looks like you take a ready for use admin theme and stuff your directadmin in it. It could be anything from cyberpanel to virtualizor. Looks all the same.

• @JamesF said: Also on the old 'Icons Screen' the switch at the top for Admin/User level is not right with 'Access Level' squashed in.

May you screenshot what's wrong with it?

@JamesF said: not very friendly on the macbook 13.3" screen, have to scroll left to right to see things.

We'll review it on macbook 13.3", thank you for the report! I guess you have the menu "pinned" and are using default resolution on macbook?

It's been posted to get some feedback/reviews, so, we're glad we've got some :+1:

edited April 2021

@smtalk

The MAC is running parallels with Windows at the moment.

Here is a screenshot of the issue:
    https://ibb.co/Pj6w3Dd

Changing to the Refreshed skin, here is the issue with it not fitting on the page:
    https://ibb.co/ngHFT4c

Another Issue I have noticed on 'Refreshed' is where you go to 'control panel' on the left hand side to access; 'all users etc...' it open in a small window??? shouldn't it change in the main screen?
    https://ibb.co/D8sQsh0

• @JamesF said: Changing to the Refreshed skin, here is the issue with it not fitting on the page:

https://ibb.co/ngHFT4c

What's your screen resolution?

@JamesF said: Another Issue I have noticed on 'Refreshed' is where you go to 'control panel' on the left hand side to access; 'all users etc...' it open in a small window??? shouldn't it change in the main screen?

https://ibb.co/D8sQsh0

It's icons grid navigation, hovering out and clicking grey area would close it. Switch the navigation type if you'd like to use the navigation menu.

@JamesF said: Here is a screenshot of the issue:

https://ibb.co/Pj6w3Dd

Oh, this is "traditional" subtheme. Color needs to match, clear. Okay, we'll check this :smile:

edited April 2021

@smtalk

the resolution is 2560X1344

I don't really understand about the 'grid navigation' in 'refreshed' mode sorry? I wanted to access all users etc.. Having a pop out half the screen just seems annoying and I would have thought it would change the page to show all the options. (I am also wondering how it will work on a mobile?)

Also after clicking on on all users. It seems that display showing all the users gets cut in half and needs scrolling left to right. As the actions box seems to take up a lot of the screen.

Also switching back to our old Icons theme seems to have now become broken.....

In Skins changing default layout doesn't work at all???? you can choose the different types, but it doesn't actually select it to save it.

The save option in skins doesn't work either.

• @JamesF said: the resolution is 2560X1344

Was the window maximized?

@JamesF said: (I am also wondering how it will work on a mobile?)

Responsive layout is there, feel free to check it on your mobile.

@JamesF said: Also switching back to our old Icons theme seems to have now become broken.....

Doesn't refresh help? What happened there?

Thanks!

edited April 2021

Yep, window was maximized... It doesn't seem to have the auto adjust option.

I found the boxes rather big and a waste of space.

I tried refresh and it failed. The issue is changing options in the skin options after you change it to the new theme fails and the save button just doesn't work either way in skin options.

I removed pre release binaries in the end to get some normality back. - actually scrap that it has killed the DA process :(

• @DA_Mark said:

@Francisco said:

@DA_Mark said: Does that sound like it would solve this problem? You could report bugs, get fixes right away, but not be forced to run anything uncompleted/still in need of final tweaks.

That'd likely help a lot and quell some of the 'nothings getting done around here' views.

Any sneak peaks at the interface changes? :) I'm guessing something a little more oakely?

Francisco

This looks great! Would it be possible to customize whats in the What's New box? Also this is super picky, but the arrow to close the right side bar seems unnecessary. I would imagine most people would never want to hide it, it provides lots of commonly accessed information. This could be a togglable settings option instead perhaps?

• lonealonea Member, Host Rep

@DA_Mark When "Merge Access Levels" enable, can't you make it so the theme to have a section for each level instead of little characters at the bottom of each icon?

It'll make the interface less of a clusterF...

• Hello, I made a proposal on how our hosting clients should see the control panel, so that it is faster and easier to get the applications to modify. your comments are important :)

@cimaserver .... Yep those were my thoughts @smtalk

• AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited April 2021

Sorry, but the cartoonish pics in "What's New" don't come across too well, in my eyes. In fact "What's New(?)" smacks of the childish default in osCommerce - "New items" (or similar) sounds better to me.
    Hardly gives the impression of a serious "bit of kit".

• _MS__MS_ Member
    edited April 2021

@AlwaysSkint said:
    Sorry, but the cartoonish pics in "What's New" don't come across too well, in my eyes. In fact "What's New(?)" smacks of the childish default in osCommerce - "New items" (or similar) sounds better to me.
    Hardly gives the impression of a serious "bit of kit".

Yea, that could be avoided. But, this type of graphics are one of the current design trends.

My issue with the new theme was the font (Poppins) used, which is visible in the preview shared by the DirectAdmin reps. But, the screenshot shared by @cimaserver has a different/a lot better font.

• @MS said: .. this type of graphics are one of the current design trends.

Retro 2003!
    Great for script kiddies. :|

• @cimaserver said:

@DA_Mark said:

@Francisco said:

Francisco

Hello, I activated the new template to my server but it confuses the left menu a bit, the perfect thing would be that the icons of the applications will be shown immediately on the main page of the hosting for end customers

+1

• @smtalk Can we disable or amend the What's New section on the user template? Just don't see the need for an end user to know that Admin SSL, DirectAdmin HTTP/2, FastCGI cache and Resource limits have been released.

Thanked by 1desfire
  • @LeonDynamic said:
    @smtalk Can we disable or amend the What's New section on the user template? Just don't see the need for an end user to know that Admin SSL, DirectAdmin HTTP/2, FastCGI cache and Resource limits have been released.

Latest version includes more useful info there for user and reseller levels. Newest message, last login and 2 most frequently visited URLs.

• AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited April 2021

@LeonDynamic said: Can we disable or amend the What's New section..
    @smtalk said: Latest version includes more useful info there..

At least rename it to something like Latest Events, even if the cartoons persist. :|

• @AlwaysSkint said:

@LeonDynamic said: Can we disable or amend the What's New section..
    @smtalk said: Latest version includes more useful info there..

At least rename it to something like Latest Events, even if the cartoons persist. :|

What would you think about "News & Activity"? And if you don't really like that block (do you?) - ability to replace it with some other widget?

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint