Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ Black Friday & Cyber Week 2019 ★ RAID 10 SSD ★ KVM ★ Check inside for offers! - Page 124
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ Black Friday & Cyber Week 2019 ★ RAID 10 SSD ★ KVM ★ Check inside for offers!

Comments

• @VirMach

The only issues with them is 99% of time European locations are out of stock or no promotional deals

Other than that they have been rock solid

Support is great
    Hardware is obviously according to.how.much you pay

• Looks like the flash European server Christmas sales won't be on. :(

• @Jake4 said:
    Looks like the flash European server Christmas sales won't be on. :(

What is your basis for that claim?

• @Jake4 said:

Please share your source. I expect sale to start somewhere between this evening( from Eastern time) and 31 December.

• @sanvit said:
    I'd say VirMach provides one of the best customer service in the industry. Especially considering my tickets are all for BF promos.

https://imgp.sanvit.me/lgtf38.jpg
    https://imgp.sanvit.me/1jgci0.jpg

You submitted a ticket?!

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@lowendclient said:

@yoursunny said:
    I used to have a Chinese Internet Content Provider (ICP) licence "沪ICP备05055172号". I never ran into any trouble over the years.
    Either way, I proudly display my real identity on my website and in WHOIS information.

Seems your personal blog don't have comment function.
    Now if you build your blog in China and turn on comment, you'll called by the management department and tell you to turn it off.
    Neither do forum. But community based website is the type I wish to build, so I can only choose abroad.

I never had a comment feature on my website.
    If I allow comments, I'll have to run a database or setup a persistent storage directory, and that requires backups. Without accepting comments, the whole site can be uploaded from development machine, with no backup necessary.

When I registered my Chinese ICP license in 2005, I opted out of User Generated Content (UGC) authorization. UGC requires me to (1) provide a 24-hour "information security officer" phone number (2) moderate each comment within 15 minutes, or delay posting until approved by moderator. I have no time for that.

I used to post links to my articles on Weibo, and others can comment there.
    Best yet, one of my articles ended up on Hacker News with dozens of comments an thousands of visits to my site. I thought my website is being attacked.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • @donli said:

@sanvit said:
    I'd say VirMach provides one of the best customer service in the industry. Especially considering my tickets are all for BF promos.

https://imgp.sanvit.me/lgtf38.jpg
    https://imgp.sanvit.me/1jgci0.jpg

You submitted a ticket?!

Actually one is a ticket opened by them regarding high resource usage. I usually tend to work it out on my own, and only ticket if I'm pretty confident it's over what I can do

Thanked by 1uptime
  • EdmondEdmond Member
    edited December 2019

Hopefully @VirMach has Boxing Day deals rolling soon!

• anyone managed to install from their ubuntu 18.04 image? Looks like after install network configuration messed up and don;t have internet access now. Network adapter is renamed from ethX. I tried to rename by updating grub file 'net.ifnames=0 biosdevname=0' then run update-grub. Did setup statis IP in Netplan yaml file.Tried few other solution but nothing seems to be working. Any help please?

• exiustexiust Member
    edited December 2019

@samm said:
    anyone managed to install from their ubuntu 18.04 image? Looks like after install network configuration messed up and don;t have internet access now. Network adapter is renamed from ethX. I tried to rename by updating grub file 'net.ifnames=0 biosdevname=0' then run update-grub. Did setup statis IP in Netplan yaml file.Tried few other solution but nothing seems to be working. Any help please?

Didn't work with me either, I even had problems with their ubuntu 16.04 image. Had to use the 14.04 one and then upgrade.

• Did you install 14.04 from template or iso?

• template

• RobotexRobotex Member
    edited December 2019

I got confirm from support that "Encore of the 833" didn't come with Windows, still I cannot explain how I was able to choose and install it at checkout time.
    What a bummer though 😟

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

Robotex said: For CW deals too? The locations are Bufalo and Piscataway, just trying to be sure before opening a ticket.

2016 won't work well with specials. It uses too much resources. You need to enable pagefiling, -- Not sure if I sent this message or not, it was in my draft.

noaman said: @VirMach

The only issues with them is 99% of time European locations are out of stock or no promotional deals

We're fixing that as soon™ as they're ready. We haven't been able to expand how we wanted with SH so we had to look elsewhere.

@ben47955 said:

@Jake4 said:

Please share your source. I expect sale to start somewhere between this evening( from Eastern time) and 31 December.

It's not looking good. Might end up being pushed to Chinese new year-ish timeslot.

@exiust said:

@samm said:
    anyone managed to install from their ubuntu 18.04 image? Looks like after install network configuration messed up and don;t have internet access now. Network adapter is renamed from ethX. I tried to rename by updating grub file 'net.ifnames=0 biosdevname=0' then run update-grub. Did setup statis IP in Netplan yaml file.Tried few other solution but nothing seems to be working. Any help please?

Didn't work with me either, I even had problems with their ubuntu 16.04 image. Had to use the 14.04 one and then upgrade.

It's in the queue to fix these and add more. A lot of the new images have some compatibility issues but we just get them direct from the SolusVM TDN. Usually when we build our own it ends up being better.

• Any plans for New Year deals? :) @VirMach

• @Robotex said:
    I got confirm from support that "Encore of the 833" didn't come with Windows, still I cannot explain how I was able to choose and install it at checkout time.
    What a bummer though 😟

I think few round of this was with Windows and few not. Maybe it's unclear on what package is was included.

• RecDRecD Member
    edited December 2019

@tester4 said:
    Any plans for New Year deals? :) @VirMach

VirMach said: Might end up being pushed to Chinese new year-ish timeslot

• @ben47955 said:

@Robotex said:
    What a bummer though 😟

I think few round of this was with Windows and few not. Maybe it's unclear on what package is was included.

Definitely unclear, seeing there's no info as well on the billing panel about what OS (custom?) options are enabled on each service. At the time, when I tried to add the deal to the shopping cart, the "Windows available" text was there, but because website was very overloaded I had to refresh a few times before I was able to reach the checkout page, so maybe the rounds got mixed?
    And now I am wondering if the Windows Server 2012 r2 that I was able to select at checkout and it's currently installed, activated and running is allowed to be kept or not
    https://imgur.com/a/7OTVTXC

@VirMach said:

Robotex said: For CW deals too? The locations are Bufalo and Piscataway, just trying to be sure before opening a ticket.

2016 won't work well with specials. It uses too much resources. You need to enable pagefiling, -- Not sure if I sent this message or not, it was in my draft.

@VirMach Could you kindly clarify my above case?

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2019

Robotex said: Definitely unclear, seeing there's no info as well on the billing panel about what OS (custom?) options are enabled on each service. At the time, when I tried to add the deal to the shopping cart, the "Windows available" text was there, but because website was very overloaded I had to refresh a few times before I was able to reach the checkout page, so maybe the rounds got mixed?

There was an issue where after being sold out/switched the offers showed as having Windows, but when the offer was actually sold it did not show as Windows.

If you got to select Windows, then Windows is available. There were some cases where Windows was available but it didn't get listed on the site (but not the other way around.)

Edmond said: How much does AliPay charge for processing payments? I know Stripe has AliPay AND Wechat Pay support but they charge the same as if it's a credit card, 2.9% + $0.30.

Edmond said: Say, why does checkouts take AliPay and not WeChat Pay anyway? I noticed that some foreign sites have slowly started taking AliPay but WeChat Pay is yet to be a option yet?

@lowfront said:
    So the Chinese bots won all the sales. Customers that would have happily paid didn't get the chance to. Now all the sales have been sold to bots that will not be paying and doing charge backs. What a mess and waste of time.

VirMach provides great service I hate to see this.

AliPay is 2.2% -- we almost integrated Payssion but didn't have time. We definitely need to make some changes here. Most people are still using AliPay but a lot still using PayPal which is 4.4% + 0.30c fee and they also keep the fee on refund (30 cents they keep, which adds up on small orders.) Average order from China is $5 so that's 0.52 (10%) fee versus 0.11 (2.2%) fee. I guess China customers are using PayPal more again because they feel safer/they can dispute. But we win most of those, at least when we reply (that's another story though, having to deal with $1-5 disputes.) Too many to reply to for this sale especially with people getting upset and the mass purchasers disputing. Just too many of them overall. Makes us want to accept PayPal even less from China (or at least for small orders from everyone.)

I guess people don't realize this has implications too. Like we had to stop doing refunds on SSD256 services partially due to how many were PayPal from China who immediately applied for refund then re-ordered. And to give you an idea of the quantity, those specifically made up like 80% of all refund requests. We didn't want to just ban PayPal; we'd have to probably get that cleared with them first anyway. But it ended up just hurting customers.

Any feedback/suggestions from the community so we can try to come up with a good solution? Is WeChat actually preferred? Anyone who would be hurt if we stopped accepting PayPal from China?

• VirMach said: Anyone who would be hurt if we stopped accepting PayPal from China?

Seems like that should be the default, for all providers. ;)

Thanked by 2default Edmond
  • FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@VirMach said:
    Any feedback/suggestions from the community so we can try to come up with a good solution? Is WeChat actually preferred? Anyone who would be hurt if we stopped accepting PayPal from China?

I am thinking maybe you can set a limit for new customers.

For services less than $2.50 per billing term, clients can only pay by non-Paypal. They are still allowed to reload Store Credits by PayPal, but then there's a minimum deposit required (which should reduce the overhead in case of dispute)

Thanked by 1tapa
  • VirMach said: Anyone who would be hurt if we stopped accepting PayPal from China?

80% of the customers are from China, so 80% of the refunds also come from China. Isn't that a normal figure? For those who discriminate against Chinese customers, VIR will soon be abandoned by Chinese customers. And your CPU restrictions, IO restrictions, should be limited by the use of technology by service providers, why should be transferred to customer responsibility?

• superericsupereric Member
    edited December 2019

@Virmach
    I bought two server from you. one paid with alipay .the other paid with paypal. I never open any ticket, and never open paypal dispute. I know some point from you when you often change tos follow your mind.

You should be know 87% traffic come from China.

You also should be know why You offer wechat pay or alipay .

You should be known why you offer 64RAM vps,

You should be known why server auto power off when I install lnmp suite fail with 2 core 4Gb ram instance.

You should be known why you offer 10 GB traffic only

You should be know we need pay for any support ticket or any email change or push the server to another account.

The key point is YOU JUST WANT TO ERAN MORE MONEY BASE ON REJECT CUSTOMER'S Reasonable requirements!

Low value customer is your target, Please think why when you set up a memorial arch .It is a joke.

Of course, you can do it as you want. but why not reject any customer from China,or offer a fair solution and offer a normal servicr if you own basic business ethics. But

** look like your business is a joke when you offer some deal and said I don't know whether can be run**

Anyway, I hope China customer giveup or stop renew any service in Chinese forums. Since from me.

Thanked by 2dragonfsky daozhi
  • @wfjoyce said:

VirMach said: Anyone who would be hurt if we stopped accepting PayPal from China?

80% of the customers are from China, so 80% of the refunds also come from China. Isn't that a normal figure? For those who discriminate against Chinese customers, VIR will soon be abandoned by Chinese customers. And your CPU restrictions, IO restrictions, should be limited by the use of technology by service providers, why should be transferred to customer responsibility?

How do you figure that 80% of customers are from China...? Let alone 80% of revenue.Visits by bots arent customers.

As for restrictions, simply don't abuse. I rather I can go 100% some of the time instead of 10% all of the time. Why do you feel privileged?

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire
    edited December 2019

@wfjoyce @supereric Don't get me started.

No one force you to use their services. Find me one, just one provider that has been in business longer than VirMach, has better uptime than VirMach, yet provide cheaper services than their crazy BF deal (less than $5/yr with similar specs). Look at how all the shitty summer hosts that deadpooled.

别再丢人现眼了,爱用就用,没人逼你用。真香定律知道吗?嘴上说不要但心里却很诚实,还不是因为便宜购买了,有种你就不买不看不吵啊。找给我一家比 VirMach 更长久更稳定且更便宜的公司再和我说吧。没有几家公司可以提供5刀年付的小鸡。记得以前的四大金刚吗?到最后不是只剩 VirMach?

• @exiust said:

@wfjoyce said:

VirMach said: Anyone who would be hurt if we stopped accepting PayPal from China?

How do you figure that 80% of customers are from China...? Let alone 80% of revenue.Visits by bots arent customers.

As for restrictions, simply don't abuse. I rather I can go 100% some of the time instead of 10% all of the time. Why do you feel privileged?

250.14$ this is my spending on VIRMACH this year, all using Alipay.
    I just think banning Chinese customers from using paypal is a kind of discrimination.
    First of all, you need to define what abuse is, and the rules for fair use of VIRMACH are unreasonable.
    Second, I never abuse the server, but I don't like this restriction because I can't control exactly how much CPU the program uses and how much hard disk IO it uses.

• superericsupereric Member
    edited December 2019

@FAT32 said:
    @wfjoyce @supereric Don't get me started.

No one force you to use their services. Find me one, just one provider that has been in business longer than VirMach, has better uptime than VirMach, yet provide cheaper services than their crazy BF deal (less than $5/yr with similar specs). Look at how all the shitty summer hosts that deadpooled.

别再丢人现眼了,爱用就用,没人逼你用。真香定律知道吗?嘴上说不要但心里却很诚实,还不是因为便宜购买了,有种你就不买不看不吵啊。找给我一家比 VirMach 更长久更稳定且更便宜的公司再和我说吧。没有几家公司可以提供5刀年付的小鸡。记得以前的四大金刚吗?到最后不是只剩 VirMach?

Yes, you r right, I deleted the server info .
    that's my point only. stop talk about it and enjoy u virmach.

PS:I had some server from OVH, online,and avg month fee over $150. and never had any dispute . I hope someone keep claim and know I just share my point . The freedom is I can talk what I want to talk .

Don't reply me ,I never care who r u, a affman or a partner or other.

• CrelingCreling Member
    edited December 2019

I don't like the way virmatch appears as a victim. Whether they need Chinese customers, they know for themselves.

I don't know if it would make sense to discuss with non-Chinese people about disabling PayPal for Chinese customers, to win public sympathy?

If VirMatch wants to ban PayPal payments from Chinese users, then ban it

@FAT32