Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PSA: A bunch of LEB hosts deadpooling ArkaHosting, SupremeVPS, UMaxHosting, Hosting73, HostBRZ, Ku
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

PSA: A bunch of LEB hosts deadpooling ArkaHosting, SupremeVPS, UMaxHosting, Hosting73, HostBRZ, Ku

dahartigandahartigan Member
edited January 2020 in General

Today, a whole bunch of LEB hosts sent out an email similar to this:

Dear Customer,

Over the past few months we have been met with many challenges within the hosting business. Some that have not been overcome.

As result of this we will be closing our doors.  We will be shutting down this Monday 12/9/2019.  We are taking this time to let our customers know so that they may backup and retrieve all of their data before then.

We deeply apologize for this inconvenience.

Thank You.

Management

---
Hosting73
https://www.hosting73.com

Here's a (growing) list of affected hosts:

UMaxHosting.com
SupremeVPS.com
HostBRZ.com
SparkVPS.com
BigFootServers.com
SolvedByData.com
N3Servers.com
MegaZoneHosting.com
KudoHosting.com
HostedSimply.com
WelcomeHosting.com
KayHosting.com
Hosting73.com
UpbeatHosting.com
LQHosting.com
SnowVPS.com
DCNHost.com
StrongHosting.net
ArkaHosting.com
ServerStrong.com
X4Servers.com
TCNHosting.com
SuperbVPS.com
VPSFortune.com
MyHostingSrv.com

Any more? I'll try to keep this list updated.

PS. Anyone who took the "free shitty shit hosting" from me is affected (and _possibly _caused) by this.

EDIT: Thanks for your contributions everyone! It's important people are aware of this so they can take action. Regardless of whether we all know the above are shit anyway, there are many of our new friends who have fallen victim and we are in a position to help them find something much better, right here within our awesome community.

Comments

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Doesn't take a genius to figure out that it's a tiny group of people rotating shell companies to milk money out of fools.

• @deank said:
    Doesn't take a genius to figure out that it's a tiny group of people rotating shell companies to milk money out of fools.

Exactly, it's just that it really doesn't take a genius to get scammed by said people.

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

Wow I am so surprised that they deadpooled! Who would have thought of that?

• @FAT32 said:
    Wow I am so surprised that they deadpooled! Who would have thought of that?

I know right! I mean, they are premium and dedicated to customer service and OMG it's so unexpected!!!1111 /s

Thanked by 1FAT32
  • You can add DCNHost, ServerStrong, and LQHosting to your list also.

• @jordonr said:
    You can add DCNHost, ServerStrong, and LQHosting to your list also.

Done, thanks for your contribution :)

• deankdeank Member, Troll

They had the decency of lasting around 6 months before.

I guess that no longer matters. Not surprising, given the state of things as of late.

• While it was 100% totally expected from them, still have to give them credit for not disappearing suddenly without chance to recover your data.

At least they didn't deadpool overnight and am giving people until Monday to pull everything off their VPSs..

• The question is how soon would they be back and under what name?

Thanked by 2pepa65 essay
  • @Edmond said:
    While it was 100% totally expected from them, still have to give them credit for not disappearing suddenly without chance to recover your data.

At least they didn't deadpool overnight and am giving people until Monday to pull everything off their VPSs..

This is a very good point, it has given me time to alert the people who are on my free shitty shithost experiment to backup their miners and spam scripts lol

• add stronghosting to the list

Thanked by 1pepa65
  • donlidonli Member
    edited December 2019

You left out:
    MegaZoneHosting.

Dear Customer,

Over the past few months we have been met with many challenges within the hosting business. Some that have not been overcome.

As result of this we will be closing our doors. We will be shutting down this Monday 12/9/2019. We are taking this time to let our customers know so that they may backup and retrieve all of their data before then.

Thank You.

Management

MegaZoneHosting Staff
    https://www.megazonehosting.com

• @dahartigan said:

@deank said:

Exactly, it's just that it really doesn't take a genius to get scammed by said people.

I am a simple man. I see a company posting 'specials' on LEB, I fucking RUN!

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@dahartigan Please help changing the thread title to include all the names, if it even fits

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@FAT32 said:
    @dahartigan Please help changing the thread title to include all the names, if it even fits

Pin it.

Francisco

• You can add Bigfoot Servers to the list also.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • @FAT32 said:

Could you please confirm the new title is suitable? Feel free to use your mod powers to edit my post if you want to :)

Thanked by 1FAT32
  • dahartigandahartigan Member
    edited December 2019

@geekyhillbilly said:
    You can add Bigfoot Servers to the list also.

Thank you

donli said: You left out:
    MegaZoneHosting.

Thanks man

@webclouddev said:
    add stronghosting to the list

Thanked by 1Janevski
  • Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran
    edited December 2019

HostedSimply

Called it back when HiFormance deadpooled :tongue:

You mean that 4 GB RAM and 120 GB disk for $25/year isn't sustainable?!?! No way

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • Maybe it would be easier to post the names of any companies featured on LEB in the last year that aren't going under.

Thanked by 2pepa65 blackjack4494
  • Honeslty i think everyone here should report colocrossing to the ftc at the very least, if not the irs for probable tax evasion.

Thanked by 2kkrajk pepa65
  • Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran
    edited December 2019

donli said: Maybe it would be easier to post the names of any companies featured on LEB in the last year that aren't going under.

1. VirMach (https://lowendbox.com/blog/21189/)

There, I made the list for you.

• Dear Customer,

As result of this we will be closing our doors. We will be shutting down this Monday 12/9/2019. We are taking this time to let our customers know so that they may backup and retrieve all of their data before then.

Thank You.

Management

SuperbVPS Team
    https://www.superbvps.com/

• Were they all run by the same person?

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@donli said:
    Were they all run by the same person?

Yes.

But know that @jbiloh and @cvps_chris had no idea that was the case. Promise.

Francisco

• K4Y5K4Y5 Member
    edited December 2019

@dahartigan said:

Dear Customer,

As result of this we will be closing our doors.  We will be shutting down this Monday 12/9/2019.  We are taking this time to let our customers know so that they may backup and retrieve all of their data before then.

Thank You.

Management

---
    Hosting73

Here's a list of affected hosts:

ArkaHosting
    SupremeVPS
    UMaxHosting 
    Hosting73
    HostBRZ
    KudoHosting
    HostedSimply 
    SnowVPS
    DCNHost
    ServerStrong 
    LQHosting 
    MegaZoneHosting
    StrongHosting 
    Bigfoot Servers

Any more, I'll try to keep this list updated.

Add Hosting73 to the list, por favor.

• K4Y5K4Y5 Member
    edited December 2019

@donli said:
    Were they all run by the same person?

Yeah. ColonCrossing. That seems too be a real thing, unlike IPv6 - http://thebodyvr.com/colon-crossing/
    Edit: Autocorrect, damnit.

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor
    edited December 2019

Here's something interesting -

Host Date of Last LEB Ad Term Length
    ArkaHosting 15 Nov 2019 One Year
    SupremeVPS 21 Nov 2019 One Year
    UMaxHosting 29 Oct 2019 One Year
    Hosting73 8 Nov 2019 One Year
    HostBRZ 26 Oct 2019 One Year
    KudoHosting 25 Oct 2019 One Year
    HostedSimply 1 Nov 2019 One Year
    SnowVPS 6 Nov 2019 One Year
    DCNHost 12 Nov 2019 One Year
    ServerStrong 22 Nov 2019 One Year
    LQHosting 11 Nov 2019 One Year
    MegaZoneHosting 18 Jul 2019 Monthly
    StrongHosting 17 Nov 2019 One Year
    Bigfoot Servers 19 Oct 2019 One Year
    SuperbVPS 5 Nov 2019 One Year
    x4Servers 23 Oct 2019 One Year
    n3Servers 4 Nov 2019 One Year
    SparkVPS 31 Oct 2019 One Year

@jbiloh said:

t0ny0 said: None of the LEB crap affects me, aside from learning to never ever ever EVER EVER trust a host that provides services by ColoCrossing.

Why is that?

All these hosts are deadpooling within three days of announcing they are shutting down. 17 out of 18 of these hosts were featured on LEB within the past 2 months offering yearly contracted services. I guarantee no one is getting refunds from this (aside from charging back, which I suggest everyone starts considering right about now). Let me know if you're still having any issues seeing why no one trusts LEB/CC.

• @K4Y5 said:

@dahartigan said:

Dear Customer,

Thank You.

Management

---
    Hosting73

ArkaHosting
    SupremeVPS
    UMaxHosting 
    Hosting73
    HostBRZ
    KudoHosting
    HostedSimply 
    SnowVPS
    DCNHost
    ServerStrong 
    LQHosting 
    MegaZoneHosting
    StrongHosting 
    Bigfoot Servers
    Hosting73

They were the very first one, in fact, Hosting73 is where my free shitty shit shithosting was served from ;)

• @dahartigan said:

@K4Y5 said:

@dahartigan said:

Dear Customer,

Thank You.

Management

---
    Hosting73

ArkaHosting
    SupremeVPS
    UMaxHosting 
    Hosting73
    HostBRZ
    KudoHosting
    HostedSimply 
    SnowVPS
    DCNHost
    ServerStrong 
    LQHosting 
    MegaZoneHosting
    StrongHosting 
    Bigfoot Servers
    Hosting73

They were the very first one, in fact, Hosting73 is where my free shitty shit shithosting was served from ;)

So you single-handedly upset their entire business model and got them in the red?

Thanked by 2dahartigan Edmond