Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PSA: A bunch of LEB hosts deadpooling ArkaHosting, SupremeVPS, UMaxHosting, Hosting73, HostBRZ, Ku - Page 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

PSA: A bunch of LEB hosts deadpooling ArkaHosting, SupremeVPS, UMaxHosting, Hosting73, HostBRZ, Ku

Comments

• 1gservers1gservers Member, Patron Provider

Happy to announce that business is good, and we’re not going anywhere. We’ve been in business since 2012.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

For all deadpool refuge customers we can offer a 50% discount on the following WebPro VPS services, simply select 6 months or 1 year term and use REFUGE discount code at checkout. Terms and conditions apply.

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep
    edited December 2019

Yeah, people should stop the wholesale tagging of providers. We have nothing to do with this thread.

• @pepa65 said:
    Shouldn't there be some more official explanation why all these hosts are suddenly falling on hard times? If this is just coordinated planning on their behalf, isn't the fraud then too obvious?? Why do it this way?

cPanel was about to increase their bills an unsustatainable amount.

Thanked by 1pepa65
  • donli said: cPanel was about to increase their bills an unsustatainable amount.

That is a fair point, but they're not the only ones using cPanel. They are of course all unsustainably underpriced at the same time. But none of them are switching to a different panel.
    I understand the timing though, just after BF, they all just got a financial injection. But it must be centrally coordinated, it's like a cartel...

• donlidonli Member
    edited December 2019

@pepa65 said:

I understand the timing though, just after BF, they all just got a financial injection. But it must be centrally coordinated, it's like a cartel...

Certainly suspicious that they are all sending out exactly rthe same email. Did all the companies have the same owners ultimately? Were they all shell companies for the same owner?

Thanked by 1pepa65
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

I guess this was a part of "changes".

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

Happy to announce I'm a PANDA

• HassanHassan Member, Patron Provider

I'm a little sad they didn't do a "Deadpool Fridays" type of thing where they deadpooled one provider a week. We could have all placed bets on which CC spawn would be next 😆

We have been ignored by LEB for 3 years. Our latest attempt actually got a response which was honestly shocking, but obviously we have not been posted. I'm pretty sure LEB traffic is not nearly what it was 3 years ago. LEB used to be an amazing place for finding great and interesting deals and it used to push a shit ton of traffic and sales to the providers that were posted.

They will need to go back to using LEB as a place for all community providers in order to get the traffic back up to what it used to be. Only then can they restart this exit scam process.

• freerangecloudfreerangecloud Member, Patron Provider

No deadpool anytime soon here, things are still humming. Never had anything to do with ColoCrossing at any of our locations either.

• WebProject said: 50% discount

Is this recurring discount or one time?

Thank you very much in advance!

• @vyas11 said:

@teamacc said:
    Here's a list of the last 4 months of posts on LEB and whether they're still alive.

Unknown companies:

• SteadyVPS
    • HostNamaste

Registered in India, one DC is CC - Dallas. It appears.
    They may offer Dedis with 8 MB RAM, and have shitty ads but overall seem okay so far.

Though they seem to have confusion about what Low End Market Means: Quote from their ad
    "We are focused primarily in the LowEnd market" and lowest 512 OVZ Plan starts at $ 10.

But seem okay overall.

My main gripe with HostNamaste is that they were very rude to people on this forum for no reason and even to moderators.

They then got banned by the mods, unbanned by crying to papa @cvps_chris who unbanned them without as much as oopsy-daisy and then forced us to keep them unbanned "because he said so".

Feels like a bad environment to run a business from.

• LeeLee Veteran

teamacc said: even to moderators.

That is because they believe the moderators are beneath them due to the reach around they are giving CC.

To be honest, I wouldn't trust any admin of this site anymore, no offence to anyone, @trewq or whoever but CC are so slimy they will make deals with anyone to ensure this site bends precisely the way they want it. So many times I have heard xx would never do that and yet that is exactly what they did.

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider
    edited December 2019

@Lee said:

teamacc said: even to moderators.

That is because they believe the moderators are beneath them due to the reach around they are giving CC.

To be honest, I wouldn't trust any admin of this site anymore, no offence to anyone, @trewq or whoever but CC are so slimy they will make deals with anyone to ensure this site bends precisely the way they want it. So many times I have heard xx would never do that and yet that is exactly what they did.

I think the majority of things they've done wrong are just incompetence. Haven't heard from Chris or Nick for that matter in a long time. Everyone at CC checked out of LET except Jon but even then he's not willing to put together a long term strategy or fix anything unless it directly effects the potential ad revenue (confirmation emails not working).

It feels like everything here is held together by duct tape and we are one marketing meeting away from having no user generated content.

Thanked by 4Lee Jord dahartigan FAT32
  • Can someone tell me what makes VirMach different from the other CC hosts? It's in the LEB whitelist, and another poster above stated they don't expect it to deadpool. Why not?

Thanked by 1pepa65
  • reditredit Member, Host Rep

Oh wow - that explains why its been busy around here today then.
    Anyway can confirm that redIT are still here alive and kicking we have no links to CC now or ever have.
    We own all of our hardware and are located in three data halls in Hampshire, England.
    I hope any one that is effected by this finds new homes for their data.

Thanked by 2webclouddev FAT32
  • @whiterabbit said:
    Can someone tell me what makes VirMach different from the other CC hosts? It's in the LEB whitelist, and another poster above stated they don't expect it to deadpool. Why not?

Oklahoma values.

Thanked by 1whiterabbit
    edited December 2019

@mihha said:

WebProject said: 50% discount

We do recurring discount only.

The cheapest plan is WebPro VPS-50 (1GB Memory / 50GB Storage / 5TB Bandwidth) for 6 months is £11.25 (price with 50% off)

• @WebProject said:

@mihha said:

The cheapest plan is WebPro VPS-50 (1GB Memory / 50GB Storage / 5TB Bandwidth) for 6 months is £11.25 (price with 50% off)

Thanks for your reply

Just tried to sign up but this is what I get
    https://i.imgur.com/gdZ8XFy.png

Not very promising start :-(

• @redit said:
    Oh wow - that explains why its been busy around here today then.
    Anyway can confirm that redIT are still here alive and kicking we have no links to CC now or ever have.
    We own all of our hardware and are located in three data halls in Hampshire, England.
    I hope any one that is effected by this finds new homes for their data.

I don't know if its intentional or if you are not aware, but the "buy now" button on the VPS on your site keeps taking me back to your homepage. Just FYI.
    Running on chrome on Android

@mihha said:

@WebProject said:

@mihha said:

Thanks for your reply

Just tried to sign up but this is what I get
    https://i.imgur.com/gdZ8XFy.png

Not very promising start :-(

Could you open a ticket via URL:
    https://billing.web-project.uk/client/plugin/support_manager/client_tickets/add/3/

As looking at transaction data the fraudlabspro is rejected the sale.

• Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • reditredit Member, Host Rep

@t0ny0 interesting to know - thanks for letting me know.
    If I can please ask you to DM me your IP Address and I'll have a look through the logs.

• On page two there was a pretty extensive list of dead providers, these were still standing, does anyone know if the they are also pulling the plug on Monday (I read the entire thread but did not see an update):
    SolvedByData
    Upbeat Hosting
    SolvedByData
    KayHosting
    HostFlyte

If theses 5 byte the dust that would be very provider on LEB. NICE. Oh, I think Virmach is Ok as they are actually a German company so maybe they migh take it (I have a VPS still there and the IP pings to Frankfurt). Maybe the only provider that every listed on LEB that wasn't a ColoCrossing RIP OFF.

• I just wanted to say, at first I thought it was kinda mean to ping every single host in the thread... because they work hard. But it got me thinking - we should do more for the amazing hosts that are here and that get overlooked.

I’ve used Hostodo on and off for the last 3 or so years and had about 4 or so servers on and off with them. I’ve never had an issue. I’ve asked for custom plans before, and Hassan and team have always been polite and helpful.

So as a thank you, I’m going to order a bunch of servers off the amazing hosts that have replied to this thread. As a thank you yes, but also because I know you provide amazing services at a discount to us. And the best way I can provide support is through payments. So with that I’m off to buy some more servers from ya all - thank ye kindly.

• HostFlyte

Hasn't HostFlyte (which is run by one of the people that worked at HiFormance) been in a sort of coma for the past few months (with people unable to access their VPSs)?

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3043315

Thanked by 1pepa65
  • @hashratez said:

Oh, I think Virmach is Ok as they are actually a German company so maybe they migh take it (I have a VPS still there and the IP pings to Frankfurt).

Actually VirMach (which turned 5 years old this past year) is based in the state of Oklahoma in the United States.

Thanked by 1pepa65
  • @donli said:

@hashratez said:

Oh, I think Virmach is Ok as they are actually a German company so maybe they migh take it (I have a VPS still there and the IP pings to Frankfurt).

Actually VirMach (which turned 5 years old this past year) is based in the state of Oklahoma in the United States.

Interesting... well they must have a box in Germany as that is what I was looking for and the IP seems to route there. This is my 2nd year with them. Seems like an OK outfit;)..

Any ideas on Kay & UpBeat?

• KermEd said: So as a thank you, I’m going to order a bunch of servers off the amazing hosts that have replied to this thread. As a thank you yes, but also because I know you provide amazing services at a discount to us. And the best way I can provide support is through payments. So with that I’m off to buy some more servers from ya all - thank ye kindly.

Thanked by 1dahartigan