Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why are the LEB Feed offers, posted in offers allowed to break the rules?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Why are the LEB Feed offers, posted in offers allowed to break the rules?

AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
edited November 2019 in General

It seems now that LEB is worse than hackforums in terms of the volume of scams being sponsored by ColoCrossing and their overlords Deluxe the trust must be down because they are spreading to the one place that had a bit of control left LET.

I have reported several of the offer posts made by LEB Feed as breaching the rules and they are still there, I even added an ascii lobster picture for attention in one of them.

This tells me that LET is about to become the next scam play ground for Chris Fabozzi, Jon Biloh and friends at "Deluxe Corporation" https://www.deluxe.com/about-deluxe/company/deluxe-leadership

I think it may be time for hosts that have a moral compass to start to distance themselves from this place and @trewq I think the right thing for you to do is either relax the rules to level the playing field or you need to bite your bosses at CC and start deleting the LEB feed threads when they breach the rules.

failing that I would like to call for all volunteer mods and admins to simply quit so they are forced to run it themselves so it is their name only that they tarnish in the long run, you are not holding back any flood waters they can remove you in the blink of an eye, if you are not standing up for the place do not be part of the problem either.

This volunteer shield that they have in the time of the highest scam rate ever on LEB must be wearing thin by now?

I think for every post that is remotely related to a CC scam host now I am just going to post contact details for all of the senior and exec staff at "Deluxe Corporation" and all of their public social media feeds and aggressively recommend people complain there so the people at the top start to see the rot in the core.

I had to get that rant off my chest.

Comments

• What's stopping all the respectable providers and volunteer mods from moving? Is it because there isn't a clear leader?

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2019

poisson said: What's stopping all the respectable providers and volunteer mods from moving? Is it because there isn't a clear leader?

I don't know, perhaps they are all comfortable with their roles, its hard to break a routine/habit.

perhaps it is not obvious to them or has not hit them yet that they are the ones potentially having a hand in perpetuation of scams, the CC scam machine is real so much like that myth of you can boil a frog without it noticing if you heat the water slowly you can also make your mods/admins unwittingly corrupt with slow incremental change.

I don't have the answers but i do (at least recently) have eyes and they are seeing what is happening.

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR

I did try to move/remove one, but it simply got put back.

• @hawc said:

That's a red flag.

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire
    edited November 2019

Well frankly speaking, some of us actually planned to start a new one, but to actually start it or not requires quite a lot of efforts.

In addition, I am busy on real-life stuff at this moment so it is hard for me to do something (yet). Making a living is more important than any other things for me right now.

Don't get me wrong, I like the community, the people and the providers in general, but the management really need more work. If not our contributions to the community is at the end being used to promote bad services.

This comment might be my last one because who knows I will get banned for having the intention of creating a new one, but let's see.

Thanked by 3ITLabs uptime vimalware

@hawc said:

Well there we go then, that pretty much gives me the confirmation that 90% of my rant is correct and justified.

Respectfully, please stand down and stop being part of the problem.

edited November 2019

FAT32 said: This comment might be my last one because who knows I will get banned for having the intention of creating a new one, but let's see.

Don't wait to be shot in the back, just remove the target voluntarily.

• cybertechcybertech Member
    edited November 2019

Isn't hostballs the alternative? Or not?

• @FAT32 said:
    Well frankly speaking, some of us actually planned to start a new one, but to actually start it or not requires quite a lot of efforts.

In addition, I am busy on real-life stuff at this moment so it is hard for me to do something (yet). Making a living is more important than any other things for me right now.

Don't get me wrong, I like the community, the people and the providers in general, but the management really need more work. If not our contributions to the community is at the end being used to promote their own services.

This comment might be my last one because who knows I will get banned for having the intention of creating a new one, but let's see.

I guess inertia is the issue. I don't think you need to start perfect. You just need to start something.

cybertech said: Isn't hostballs the alternative? Or not?

I think this is part of the problem, an alternative is not required, just quit, much like smoking, you don't NEED to replace it with a vape.

Thanked by 3default Nekki datanoise
  • @cybertech said:
    Isn't hostballs the alternative? Or not?

I don't really like Hostball's forum application. I think a clean vanilla install on another domain will probably make the switch a lot more painless.

• @AnthonySmith said:

cybertech said: Isn't hostballs the alternative? Or not?

I think this is part of the problem, an alternative is not required, just quit, much like smoking, you don't NEED to replace it with a vape.

Sorry I cannot live without forum. I have no friends.

edited November 2019

I am interested in peoples views on this particular thread so I will stick about for a bit, then I will be leading by example myself.

• AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited November 2019

IMO, Vanilla is much easier to navigate/see recent posts etc. than the HB forum software. That is one of the main reasons for still hanging around here.
    Also, I mostly visit to get "serious" info on hosting, rather than endless nonsense threads (though everyone likes some fun now and again - poor cocui).

I'd say that LET is really for the people who are prepared to lurk for a while, sussing out the clique and carefully dipping a toe in the water. I ventured here, through being stung on LEB and have since found some great deals here. Perhaps that's why some providers hang around. ;)

Not much you can do about the "I got scammed" visitors, without a complete disassociation from LEB. Guys, you fellas (providers) with the surplus/spare stock, how hard would it be to host your own forum, styled like this one? Shit, even I'd consider it with my extremely meagre income and resources. I'm much more needing to get back to coding for a certain open source e-commerce package.

cheapservertalk.com anyone?

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited November 2019

Well, most people come here because "LOWEND" aka My Dog has stolen my wallet.

The likelihood that someone buys that overpriced garbage, is low.
    Still, it does violate the LET rules and this should not exist.

• tgltgl Member
    edited November 2019

I am with @AnthonySmith on this one, but this is a very sad story, I hardly remember it myself as I have been out of here for a while, but i think when they took over from @Chief it was a big secret, trying to keep the people out of it, so it was pretty clear what the intention was for this (make a profit), what makes you think they have changed their ways? Vulpem pilum mutare, non mores

Hopefully this thread won't fade out and @AnthonySmith wont be banned for disturbing the peace.

For PR's sake, CC should at least try to cover up some of the s__t.

• poisson said: I don't really like Hostball's forum application. I think a clean vanilla install on another domain will probably make the switch a lot more painless.

My thoughts exactly.

Thanked by 2tgl AlwaysSkint

tgl said: Hopefully this thread won't fade out and @AnthonySmith wont be banned for disturbing the peace.

I dont really mind tbh, I opened this knowing it was possible and decided it is probably my final chapter here anyway, while its not exactly "bad" here right now the writing is absolutely on the wall and I think it best to remove myself before LET becomes far worse than LEB ever could be due to the more open format here.

• @AlwaysSkint said:
    IMO, Vanilla is much easier to navigate/see recent posts etc. than the HB forum software. That is one of the main reasons for still hanging around here.
    Also, I mostly visit to get "serious" info on hosting, rather than endless nonsense threads (though everyone likes some fun now and again - poor cocui).

I'd say that LET is really for the people who are prepared to lurk for a while, sussing out the clique and carefully dipping a toe in the water. I ventured here, through being stung on LEB and have since found some great deals here. Perhaps that's why some providers hang around. ;)

Not much you can do about the "I got scammed" visitors, without a complete disassociation from LEB. Guys, you fellas (providers) with the surplus/spare stock, how hard would it be to host your own forum, styled like this one? Shit, even I'd consider it with my extremely meagre income and resources. I'm much more needing to get back to coding for a certain open source e-commerce package.

The non-serious threads are part of what gives this community character. Fairly real personalities emerge and I like to read @cociu

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint
  • dahartigandahartigan Member
    edited November 2019

Is there an existing platform like reddit or something we could just bombard? No need for dealing with infrastructure costs etc and there's no "choosing a side" by separating into groups on different forums based on the likability of the owner.

Surely someone here is an SEO wizard who could devise a plan to sap LET for traffic to the new platform? If it requires multiple people, there are many willing participants here I'm sure.

Transfer existing mods etc to the new platform and Robert's your mother's brother.

Thanked by 1willK
  • Honestly, any of the mentioned solutions will work: migrate to HB, create a new Vanilla (or similar) forum, create a subreddit. The important thing is that only one should be chosen, otherwise the fractured userbase will just make the community die a slow death.

• @dahartigan said:
    Is there an existing platform like reddit or something we could just bombard? No need for dealing with infrastructure costs etc and there's no "choosing a side" by separating into groups on different forums based on the likability of the owner.

Transfer existing mods etc to the new platform and Robert's your mother's brother.

I think at the end of the day a community will have to "choose a side" in that it has its own culture and ethos that separates it from other forums dealing with similar subject matter. I think the best way forward is to give people something familiar, i.e. another vanilla forum and things should take a life of its own fast.

Heck, those providers who are fed up with LET can offer really great BF 2019 deals exclusive to that new forum and I bet you that forum will come alive faster than premature ejaculation.

• AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited November 2019

@poisson Stop skim reading! :expressionless: :
    "I mostly visit .."

• BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

Is it just me, or Thomas Riccio from their leadership page looks similar to Michael Scott (Steve Carell) from The Office series?

@BlaZe said:
    Is it just me, or Thomas Riccio from their leadership page looks similar to Michael Scott (Steve Carell) from The Office series?

A bit yeah, and AMANDA K. BRINKMAN looks like Brigitte Nielsen.

Thanked by 1BlaZe
  • the best moment in LET is the BF and i think after that we can all safely retire and maybe have a life : )

Thanked by 3angstrom imok datanoise
  • vimalwarevimalware Member
    edited November 2019

I think it's as simple as the ' best of year' providers announcing that they will not be advertising their most insane BF deals on LET. Edit: looks like @poisson already has the right idea.

Part 2 of the plan is to lobby alternative forum admins to create a registered-user only Dealz category.

Strike when consumer greed is hottest.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • @ehab said:
    the best moment in LET is the BF and i think after that we can all safely retire and maybe have a life : )

What is life? Without LET? Really?

• @AC_Fan said:
    Honestly, any of the mentioned solutions will work: migrate to HB, create a new Vanilla (or similar) forum, create a subreddit. The important thing is that only one should be chosen, otherwise the fractured userbase will just make the community die a slow death.

I'm not sure that HB would be the best option for replacing LET. For one, the relative unfamiliarity of the software (Discourse) wouldn't help; but HB's "atmosphere" is also rather different from LET's.

(Just my two cents; otherwise, I agree with you.)

This discussion has been closed.