Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New cPanel Licensing and Pricing Structure - thoughts? - Page 26
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

New cPanel Licensing and Pricing Structure - thoughts?

Comments

• deankdeank Member, Troll

An investment firm does not listen.

• @ITLabs said:

Sorry, but who is sponsoring that survey? Source?

check cpanel twitter and facebook page

Thanked by 1smaart
  • @deank said:

They should if they dont wont their invest go to waste

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Advicerxyz said:

@deank said:

Remember, they have to lose more than 50% of their customer base to make this a loss for them.

Francisco

• CPanel has created a survey about new prices:

Thank you for submitting your review, and for your feedback here. If you’re willing to provide more feedback yet, please fill out this survey to help us understand how this new structure impacts your business. https://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/5093593/Pricing-Structure-Feedback

• ITLabsITLabs Member

@Advicerxyz said:

@ITLabs said:

check cpanel twitter and facebook page

Found it, thanks.

edited July 2019

@Francisco said:
    Remember, they have to lose more than 50% of their customer base to make this a loss for them.

Francisco

Indeed, they purchased out CPanel and Plesk for a reason. They want a quicker return.

I don't see CPanel losing half of its client.

• @Francisco said:

@Advicerxyz said:

@deank said:

Francisco

well they should care, they reacting slow, they trying to get new customers not losing the current ones and not get new ones, so at this rate in 1-2 years they will start dying slowly and get less updates and people will think about other solutions for their clients and etc, multi reports to eu and na, multi negative reviews, multi angry providers and clients, so they have to act or they get cut off

@deank said:

@Francisco said:

Francisco

Indeed, they purchased out CPanel and Plesk for a reason. They want a quicker return.

I don't see CPanel losing half of its client.

Right. It's still a huge gain for them.

Francisco

• @Francisco said:

@Advicerxyz said:

@deank said:

Francisco

They’ll lose more than 50%, it might not happen straight away, but give it a year or so and the ship will sink.

edited July 2019

CPanel will still die though.

This reminds of Vbulletin takeover. An investfirm takes over Vbulletin and they slowly killed it.

By time, it's dead though, I am sure they got their money back and then some. That's what investment firms do.

WSCallum said: They’ll lose more than 50%, it might not happen straight away, but give it a year or so and the ship will sink.

I still don't think that'll happen. Even on BuyShared, I think some people will just stay on cPanel and eat the added cost just to save the headache of moving.

Some will move once we roll to DirectAdmin, but unless we start offering free migration services, most will eat it.

Francisco

• edited July 2019

Francisco said: unless we start offering free migration services, most will eat it.

This

• @ITLabs said:

cPanel Twitter Account :

• @WebProject said:
    No other control panels (apart cPanel) do support the clustered DNS servers, as we do run the DNS servers on different nodes.

I think Webmin has this feature.

We are also working on this feature: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/158603/in-progress-we-are-building-a-new-webserver-control-panel

CPanel will pretend that they care. Well, their staffs may actually care but their overloads won't.

Thanked by 1WebProject
  • @Ympker said:

@SecNinja said:
    What open source panel are you all getting behind? Give me an idea, I need to know where to dedicate my time.

There are a handful of open source panels, but surely one or two stand out above the rest? It's been a while since I looked at any of them so I have no idea on the state of their features or dev cycles.

ISPConfig has been around for ages, is super stable (imho) and has a very active community while remaining totally free.

+1
    I used ISPConfig maybe 10 years ago, and it was pretty good even back then. Glad to see it's still around today.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • AmitzAmitz Member
    edited July 2019

I ❤️ Webmin/Virtualmin. Maybe not ideal for a shared hosting provider. But a great alternative for anyone else.

• lonealonea Member, Host Rep

DA support clustered DNS. It's built in in the multi-server setup.

WebProject said: No other control panels (apart cPanel) do support the clustered DNS servers, as we do run the DNS servers on different nodes.

>

Thanked by 1Shazan
  • WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@Amitz said:
    I ❤️ Webmin/Virtualmin. Maybe not ideal for a shared hosting provider. But a great alternative for anyone else.

Great for personal server or alternative solution is SSH :smiley:

@lonea said:
    DA support clustered DNS. It's built in in the multi-server setup.

WebProject said: No other control panels (apart cPanel) do support the clustered DNS servers, as we do run the DNS servers on different nodes.

>

Additional licenses required, as we do have at this moment the following setup: DNS servers are separated to shared and prefer such way.

• LimpanLimpan Member

Bye bye cPanel. I'm leaving you for someone else!

• i think the best job is now closing our hosting company and get cPanel Partner NOC , you can sell licenses to people like this :

Dedicated Server : 40$ + Each account above 100 : 0.15 Dolar ( below cpanel store )

so you can earn 56$ for a server with 1000 account in month without any job :smile:

what about Buycpanel and licenspal ? they want do cpanel job too ?

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@Limpan said:

Bye bye cPanel. I'm leaving you for someone else!

I hope you have mentioned the reason why you did cancelled the license?

• NickANickA Member

@WebProject said:

Additional licenses required, as we do have at this moment the following setup: DNS servers are separated to shared and prefer such way.

Connect it to your cPanel DNS only cluster, I'll try and get the good version finished by tomorrow:

http://forum.directadmin.com/showthread.php?t=58085

• LimpanLimpan Member

@WebProject said:
    I hope you have mentioned the reason why you did cancelled the license?

Yeah, I did write that It was cancelled because of the new pricing structure. I bought the license from a reseller though, and I'm not really sure that anyone at cPanel would care that a small customer like me don't like their new policy.

I see it more as a statement, something like; Don't triple your prices overnight you morons, you'll loose clients. If lots of people do the same maybe they would rethink their strategy.. or maybe not.

Thanked by 2ITLabs WebProject
  • ITLabsITLabs Member

@Limpan said:
    I see it more as a statement, something like; Don't triple your prices overnight you morons, you'll loose clients. If lots of people do the same maybe they would rethink their strategy.. or maybe not.

Man has balls, well done Sir!

Thanked by 1Limpan
  • lonealonea Member, Host Rep

Well then you make it clear and say there is no control panel that offer free dns cluster....

WebProject said: Additional licenses required, as we do have at this moment the following setup: DNS servers are separated to shared and prefer such way.

>

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Francisco said: Remember, they have to lose more than 50% of their customer base to make this a loss for them.

I think the initial impact will be manageable for them, I think it literally guarantees stunted growth for the future though.

• donlidonli Member

@AnthonySmith said:

Francisco said: Remember, they have to lose more than 50% of their customer base to make this a loss for them.

I think the initial impact will be manageable for them, I think it literally guarantees stunted growth for the future though.

Smaller customer base means less needs for employees means lower payroll means more profits as well.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

donli said: Smaller customer base means less needs for employees means lower payroll means more profits as well.

Yeah, but it also means growth slowdown to the point of going backwards, then you loose market recognition in 5 years when everyone is using something else, but tbh I guess they can always sell it then when they finished pumping it and the new owner will restore the old license prices and it will explode again.