Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New SoYouStart 2018 Prices - Page 22
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

New SoYouStart 2018 Prices

Comments

• If I remove the custom kernel, I can no longer use docker...
    Do you have the same problem?

• @wokenwoll

Will mortals ever be able to order ARM servers again?
    Or will it stay bot-only forever now?

(Serious question! No frustrated passive-agressive subtext! ;-p )

Thanks for being here!

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited July 2018

that_guy said: Will mortals ever be able to order ARM servers again?

(Serious question! No frustrated passive-agressive subtext! ;-p )

Thanks for being here!

There has been servers available all day long at https://www.soyoustart.com/us/server-storage/ I am guessing you missed the 4-5 other times people have said this...

Edit: Well there was all morning, a refresh now shows they have all been sold again. They do restock them, you should check daily/regularly as they restock them randomly.

Cheers!

Thanked by 1that_guy
  • saibalsaibal Member

Join Neeon's Discord channel.

Thanked by 1that_guy
  • yermakyermak Member
    edited July 2018

@that_guy said:
    @wokenwoll

Will mortals ever be able to order ARM servers again?

I got one ARM-2T (FRA) today at 9:00-AM GMT.

They were available intermittently for thirty minutes

I received advice from https://checkservers.ovh/

Thanked by 1that_guy
  • NihimNihim Member

I got all my arm boxes using Neoon's discord as well. Kudos to him.

Thanked by 2Neoon that_guy
  • seanhoseanho Member

I applaud the efforts to install custom kernels on the SYS Arm dedis.

There's a contact name in the debian linux-image-4.9.58-armada375 kernel package from OVH's repo indicating it is maintained by Julien Lutran. He appears to be on the DevOps team, so I'm not sure if he would also be on the kernel team, or if he is just responsible for doing the packaging.

• Thanks for the tips guys! I'll try both.
    Maybe I was just unlucky, and checked at the wrong times (about 1-3 times daily, almost every day). Or maybe the german version of the site has a bug and never updates.

• yermakyermak Member

A couple of hours ago (about 9:00-AM GMT, same time as yesterday) it was available again ARM-2T(FRA) during 20 minutes.

• Shot2Shot2 Member

@that_guy said:
    Thanks for the tips guys! I'll try both.
    Maybe I was just unlucky, and checked at the wrong times (about 1-3 times daily, almost every day). Or maybe the german version of the site has a bug and never updates.

Available in FR right now (SyS ARM 2TB)...

• I've gotten 3 the last few days. Just keep checking at random.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited July 2018

Well, there does exist a API bug, which explains why the most checker tools do not register BHS stock.
    I did applied today a fix for metaDedi, so Canada notices will come.

It does apparently apply to some offers, not all for some reason.

No Idea how OVH could fuck that up, but they did.

• @Neoon said:
    Well, there does exist a API bug, which explains why the most checker tools do not register BHS stock.

Just in case : we have 2 separated API consoles, One for Europe and One for Canada/US and other $ currencies

Are you using CA API for BHS stock ?
    https://ca.api.ovh.com/console/#/dedicated/server/availabilities#GET

EU :
    https://api.ovh.com/console/#/dedicated/server/availabilities#GET

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited August 2018

@wokenwoll said:

@Neoon said:

Just in case : we have 2 separated API consoles, One for Europe and One for Canada/US and other $ currencies

Are you using CA API for BHS stock ?
    https://ca.api.ovh.com/console/#/dedicated/server/availabilities#GET

EU :
    https://api.ovh.com/console/#/dedicated/server/availabilities#GET

The EU API also returns BHS stock, just some of them are not listed, which makes it more confusing, instead of just return the eu stock on the EU api and the stock in BHS on the CA API.

At the beginning, you think, the EU API is fine for everything, but after a while you notice its not. And if you ask the support, they tell you its a bug, but apparently its intended.

But when its intended, why do you not clearly split these api's?

Its confusing by design.

Online.net can do that, they have seperate API's for booth locations, they only list what they should and they EXPLAIN it to you clearly, what to use, when and for what.

Instead of posting some shit there, some shit there, and let it confuse you.

• We separate API due to various reasons, some are legal, some for HA, some for the ping, etc.

The API are mostly usable when you are connected with you OVH account (NIC). Only few calls are "open".

As a european i can buy in Canadian DC, so it's legit to see the BHS stock
    The contrary is true too.

Since we had to "duplicate APIs" we also duplicated other parts, like "availability checkers"

What's wrong and i agree with you, is the fact that CA api and EU api are not in miror mode. it should, i'll try to take a look.

• Just as an FYI OVH's DNS zone tool is broken. OVH are aware of it but you can't currently create a domain zone before you move it across.

• Shot2Shot2 Member
    edited August 2018

"Multiple split personalities disorder". Highly contagious disease, the source of the infection has been traced to Roubaix. You have two APIs, 8+ different brands, 25 different portals allowing you to order the very same product at different pricing through any of your 6 separate accounts.

• @Shot2 said:
    "Multiple split personalities disorder". Highly contagious disease, the source of the infection has been traced to Roubaix. You have two APIs, 8+ different brands, 25 different portals allowing you to order the very same product at different pricing through any of your 6 separate accounts.

That's why we are in a process to unify eveything :) Control panel, user accounts.
    For the website, we also have heterogeneous customers.
    Individual, small companies, large companies, etc. tech and non tech. we need more than one web portal (but unified control panel / users / ...)

It cannot be done in 1 week or course.

• Vova1234Vova1234 Member, Patron Provider
    edited August 2018

@wokenwoll said:

@Shot2 said:

That's why we are in a process to unify eveything :) Control panel, user accounts.
    For the website, we also have heterogeneous customers.
    Individual, small companies, large companies, etc. tech and non tech. we need more than one web portal (but unified control panel / users / ...)

It cannot be done in 1 week or course.

Will servers be available on a 3x120GB SSD?

For example this:

E3-SSD-1-16 E3-1225v2 3.2 GHz (4c / 4t) 16 GB 3x120 GB SSD € 24.99 (prev. € 32.00)

E3-SAT-1-16 E3-1225v2 3.2 GHz (4c/4t) 16 GB 2x2TB SATA3 €26.99 (prev. €32.00)

Thanked by 1sin
  • @wokenwoll said:

What's wrong and i agree with you, is the fact that CA api and EU api are not in miror mode. it should, i'll try to take a look.

Re API tech told me that's the calls are in miror mode.
    We have a cachebetwen the two, and the propagation takes less than 5 minutes.

@Neoon if you still have issues on availabilities or references mismatch, please DM me with the details, right now we are unable to reproduce. thx !

• @Vova1234 said:

For example this:

E3-SSD-1-16 E3-1225v2 3.2 GHz (4c / 4t) 16 GB 3x120 GB SSD € 24.99 (prev. € 32.00)

Don't think so. RAID 5 use ?

edited August 2018

@wokenwoll said:

@Vova1234 said:

For example this:

Don't think so. RAID 5 use ?

No, I do not use Raid 5. Standard or Raid 1 or 0 depending on how much space is needed. These servers were popular configurations for Windows clients. I resell your servers in Russia. Maybe in France this configurations servers was not popular, I do not know about France.

• So the only need is more SSD space or 3 disks ? if it's "3 disks", why ?

edited August 2018

@wokenwoll said:
    So the only need is more SSD space or 3 disks ? if it's "3 disks", why ?

I do not write well in English through an interpreter and I do not know how to write so that it was clear.

No. It's just a cheap configuration with lotions SYS: Windows, FO IP, 250mbps and others. For example, when a client needs a cheap Windows 2012 server, I offer him these:

Xeon E3-1225v2 [4c / 4t] (3.2 GHz+) / 32 GB DDR3 1333 MHz / 2 x 2 TB SATA3 SoftRaid 1

Xeon E3-1225v2 [4c / 4t] (3.2 GHz+) / 32 GB DDR3 1333 MHz / 3 x 120 GB SSD SoftRaid 1

Xeon E3-1225v2 [4c / 4t] (3.2 GHz+) / 16 GB DDR3 1333 MHz / 2 x 2 TB SATA3 SoftRaid 1

Xeon E3-1225v2 [4c / 4t] (3.2 GHz+) / 16 GB DDR3 1333 MHz / 3 x 120 GB SSD SoftRaid 1

There are the old tariffs, they could leave and drop the price on them just for assortment.

• Could someone let me if it is possible to compile a kernel for this arm machine? Removing the armada375 breaks Docker support...
    Could someone point me to the right direction or guide to compile kernel for armv7?
    Thanks.

• greattomeetyou said: Could someone let me if it is possible to compile a kernel for this arm machine? Removing the armada375 breaks Docker support...

Could someone point me to the right direction or guide to compile kernel for armv7?
    Thanks.

Read in detail the thread again. You likely will need to compile kernel modules... there was some steps provided for this I believe earlier in this thread...

Additionally, if we could compile our own kernel, do you think we would be asking OVH for help in this thread over and over for doing just that? Of course not, again, if you would have read the thread you would realize this.

We don't mind helping here, but please at least read and try what is already in the thread instead of continuing to post the same thing over and over expecting someone to do it for you.

Cheers!

Thanked by 1rm_
  • AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited August 2018

Re: the kernel rebuild.
    To be fair, we are on page 14 and other topics are mixed in with this thread. Hence my suggestion for a different thread; perhaps @Falzo or @TheLinuxBug would like to lead..

• sinsin Member
    edited August 2018

-edit-

• About building kernel, i've sent it by DM to Falzo and TheLinuxBug, but we are publishing our patches here :
    https://last-public-ovh-kernel.snap.mirrors.ovh.net/builds/4.9.116/303286/bzImage/patches/

Our distribs team cannot publish our building script, mainly for security reasons, but from their point of view with those patches you'll be able to understand how to rebuild.

If not, DM me exacts infos requested.

Thanks !

• Shot2Shot2 Member
    edited August 2018

What about also making available the 4.5.2-image/kernel packages etc. in your repository, in addition to modules and headers? While benevolent and knowledgeable paying customers try to rebuild a kernel to alleviate your bugs and shortcomings, that would at least provide us poor mortals with a full-fledged operating system - without relying on some unknown netboot thing and its various quirks.

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint