Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH 2016 SSD VPS 1 Review? - Page 8
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH 2016 SSD VPS 1 Review?

1234568»

Comments

• I don't have anything to prove to you.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

willie said: I don't have anything to prove to you.

Then kindly FOAD, sir.

• FOAD yourself. Maybe it's wrong, maybe not, but it's what I remember to the best of my recollection. That's what you get for free. If you want me to research it for you more specifically, I can do that on a consulting basis, paid in advance. Otherwise I don't owe you anything.

• rm_ said: I personally have used 100% CPU 24x7 on VPS SSD for months and never had any problem

That's pretty sweet, I didn't know you could do that on these...it makes the price even better :-).

• @sin said:

rm_ said: I personally have used 100% CPU 24x7 on VPS SSD for months and never had any problem

That's pretty sweet, I didn't know you could do that on these...it makes the price even better :-).

Can confirm that they don't care how much you abuse the CPU, been abusing my OVH VPS for months.

This is my typical cpu load on the smallest vps:

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @tr1cky said:

@sin said:

rm_ said: I personally have used 100% CPU 24x7 on VPS SSD for months and never had any problem

Can confirm that they don't care how much you abuse the CPU, been abusing my OVH VPS for months.

This is my typical cpu load on the smallest vps:

This is a big help if you could tell me. can you tell me what script you use to monitor your system resource consumption? I want to monitor CPU, memory, and hard disk just as in cpanel with historic records. but still I couldn't find a convenient way to do it. there are a lot of scripts to monitor the system, but none of them are very convenient to use and keep historic records.

• CUTA said: This is a big help if you could tell me. can you tell me what script you use to monitor your system resource consumption? I want to monitor CPU, memory, and hard disk just as in cpanel with historic records. but still I couldn't find a convenient way to do it. there are a lot of scripts to monitor the system, but none of them are very convenient to use and keep historic records.

http://nixstats.com/

• @tr1cky said:

CUTA said: This is a big help if you could tell me. can you tell me what script you use to monitor your system resource consumption? I want to monitor CPU, memory, and hard disk just as in cpanel with historic records. but still I couldn't find a convenient way to do it. there are a lot of scripts to monitor the system, but none of them are very convenient to use and keep historic records.

@tr1cky said:

CUTA said: This is a big help if you could tell me. can you tell me what script you use to monitor your system resource consumption? I want to monitor CPU, memory, and hard disk just as in cpanel with historic records. but still I couldn't find a convenient way to do it. there are a lot of scripts to monitor the system, but none of them are very convenient to use and keep historic records.

thanks I will check it out :)

• CUTACUTA Member
    edited December 2016

Thanks to the above user, and google, I could find a lot of alternative web based solutions as well apart from what he suggested to monitor my new vps. I dunno why I didn't find these web based solutions earlier. anyway I decided to use nodequery instead of nixstats. It's true nixstats is so accurate and has a really small interval to gather the data, but nodequery is really lightweight, but still gives rough information about the server. nixstats is very good if the purpose is finding very accurate information, but I guess for me being really accurate isn't important. in fact in cpanel as I remember in namecheap the interval of gathering data was just 10 minutes.
    edit: I tested pinguzo too. it seems like pinguzo and nixstats consume a bit more ram than nodequery. so go for nixstats for very accurate information, nodequery for having rough information about the server and saving hardware resources. for having a very complex report of the server pinguzo is highly recommended, especially for system engineers or those who are really knowledgeable in computers.

• yesterday I did a stress test while having a newly installed wordpress copy in the server.
    no cache at all.

• @rm_ said:

mik997 said: of €3 /mo

Or 1.5 EUR/mo if you got it on the Black Friday for a year.

One time or life time discount

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

dragon1993 said: One time or life time discount

As I said "for a year", what do you think?

• CConnerCConner Member, Host Rep

Thank you for the thread necro. The thread must be happy to have gotten reanimated.