Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Oh no! BuyVM down?! - Page 10
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Oh no! BuyVM down?!

Comments

• Does anyone know why all the servers are offline in ny? from about 2 hours?
    http://buyvmstatus.com/

• epaslvepaslv Member
    edited January 2013

Does anyone know why all the servers are offline in ny? from about 2 hours?

No idea, right now I am struggling to find what the issue is, irc.dairc.net is down, manage.buyvm.net is down, nothing on twitter ...
    BuyVM have had a disasterous last 48hours since planned event turned into many unplanned outages

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

"Will New York services be affected?
    All NY services will remain online for the duration of the move, and will not be affected."

So, that was not planned, I believe it is a separate issue.
    But, indeed, there have been some nightmarish period for them.

• Yes i can also confirm my buyvm NY side is down, all the traffic was automatically diverted via my load balancer to buyvm LV side now.

• @eva2000
    are you running a loadbalancer outside buyvm?

• NY ipv4 is down, but its ipv6 is still working. At least on my buffalo vps.

• Yeah, it's a routing problem. The NY ipv4 space isn't being advertised at all into the table.

(Seems suspiciously similar to what happened to @KuJoe the past few hours)

• @rds100 said: I think the whole "lets move to LV" thing was a little too emotional decision. They should probably have stayed with with EGI in SJC and just open LV as a third location, then offer everyone who is unhappy with the network performanca at the SJC location to be moved to LV.

The tale of the move:

webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1190853

• So why is KVM-LA-08 still down? I thought all of LA was up by now ;(

• @Francisco said: Some of the nodes likely crappy due to some RAM getting popped out during travel.

I thought they said you are not allowed to drive? :)

Good luck with everything!

• All of Buyvm's NY node is down?

• dnwk yea pretty much

• NeoNeo Banned

Yes

• Their website is back up now and so is billing, it's probably useless creating a ticket though. Stallion is showing an error.

It's been over three hours and still no word on what's up.

• There is a ddos attack going on at the NY location.

Via twitter: Aye, some skid is DDoSing our NY deployment (including IRC) - Fran's working on getting it cleared up now

• eva2000eva2000 Veteran
    edited January 2013

are you running a loadbalancer outside buyvm?

3x load balancers - 2 in buyvm SJ/LV and 1 in buyvm NY. DNS failover via dnsmadeasy.com = 99.7% uptime so far from Jan 1st to Jan 22nd inclusive of buyvm datacenter move :)

• It's pretty obvious someone is taking advantage of the team working on the Fiberhub move to take down New York.

Which is extra frustrating for them as now they've had to divert their attention.

• @Nick said: NY seems to be completely down.

Yup, and still.

From te3-2.ar6.NYC1.gblx.net (69.31.34.190) icmp_seq=939 Destination Host Unreachable
    From te3-2.ar6.NYC1.gblx.net (69.31.34.190) icmp_seq=952 Destination Host Unreachable
    From te3-2.ar6.NYC1.gblx.net (69.31.34.190) icmp_seq=953 Destination Host Unreachable
    From te3-2.ar6.NYC1.gblx.net (69.31.34.190) icmp_seq=1007 Destination Host Unreachable

• @SonicVPS people offering rescue promos to take advantage of the move downtime, attacks timed for maximum damage, etc... jeeze. It's a dog eat dog market out here.

• all kvm boxes seem to up ? except the one I'm located :p (N° 8)

• WintereiseWintereise Member
    edited January 2013

This is getting retarded. -SJ- LV-19 is down, once again.

-______________-'

• You won't see us offering that kind of coupon. You guys get your stuff worked out. Planned attack doesn't sound fun.

• Nothing wrong at all with offering refugee coupons, it's business folks. One person's downfall is another's gain.

However, organizing the DDoS is another story entirely.

• where's the refugee coupons?

• @CVPS_Kevin any Refugee sale?

• SonicVPSSonicVPS Member
    edited January 2013

@unused said: people offering rescue promos to take advantage of the move downtime, attacks timed for maximum damage, etc... jeeze. It's a dog eat dog market out here.

Not entirely sure what you're saying as your sentence contradicts, but I have no issue with fair competition. I didn't even want to make that point, I was just saying rather than focusing on the move, they now need to dedicate their limited resources else where.

@Zen said: What is happening with all of your gear? Assuming you went along with the ride here and moved into their space or something - are your services online, what's the deal with that?

Yes, I decided to make the transition and yes, all services are on line.

@Wintereise said: However, organizing the DDoS is another story entirely.

Exactly. Aldryic seems to have a fair idea of the culprit(s) but won't be disclosing public info, according to his Twitter feed.

• Darn I can't see the image, we respect those boy's no need to try and poach!

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

If someone is taking such a coupon deserves their fate.
    Mark my words.

• KrisKris Member
    edited January 2013

@Maounique said: If someone is taking such a coupon deserves their fate.

I can not even speak of the fate the person / company behind the attack should end up facing.

Coupon wise... this is sort of on par with the domain move day from GoDaddy / other providers hopping on when GoDaddy went on a safari.

It's a cut-throat sector to work in, and the coordinated / planed attacks have proven it.

• rskrsk Member, Patron Provider

@Francisco .. any updates?