Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Oh no! BuyVM down?! - Page 16
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Oh no! BuyVM down?!

1101112131416»

Comments

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@KernelSanders said: According to http://buyvmstatus.com/, most are down

Which isn't updated :) We renumbered all the KVM's into 205.185.112.20x range.

I've re-imported all interfaces into the bridge just incase.

Francisco

• @Jack said: How have they treated the clients like crap?

We expected free pocket lamps and ponies :p

• @concerto49 said: free pocket lamps

• @KernelSanders said: According to http://buyvmstatus.com/, most are down

Which isn't updated :) We renumbered all the KVM's into 205.185.112.20x range.

I've re-imported all interfaces into the bridge just incase.

Francisco

Oh makes sense :)

@KernelSanders said: Oh makes sense :)

I've asked vld to update the IP's on buyvmstatus.

Francisco

• When a provider has to move datacenters and starts having this much downtime and treats customer like crap don't you think it is time to move providers?

Look, I am not trying to be a cheerleader here, but.

BuyVM had scheduled downtime. Aside from that, there was the router changeover which was scheduled also. That might have went 50-60 minutes instead of 10 minutes, but big deal.

NY had DDoS attacks during the Vegas move. Nice to see other providers take shots at competition or children doing things to wear a sore on the pony's arse.

Well, what can I say? Been a customer and continue to be a customer (NY location). Actually use the location for real live things.

Has there been a blip of downtime here and there? Probably. Do I notice it every time? No. Then again, an outage only impacts a geographic subset of visitors/users in my world.

I think you are being a tad harsh @luma.

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

Just signed up for a 256MB OpenVZ in Las Vegas. I'm sure it's going to be great!

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

@pubcrawler said: I think you are being a tad harsh @luma.

I don't, if it was me, you and everyone else would have the pitchforks are fire sticks. Kinda nice to see at least one person holds to flame to Frans bottom ;-)

• @CVPS_Chris You CyberMonday deal still works. Is it a secret?

@jcaleb said: @CVPS_Chris You CyberMonday deal still works. Is it a secret?

Big secret, tell everyone!

@CVPS_Chris said: I don't, if it was me, you and everyone else would have the pitchforks are fire sticks. Kinda nice to see at least one person holds to flame to Frans bottom ;-)

And when you get... ah never mind I'll stop feeding in this.

Francisco

• @CVPS_Chris
    That is because YOU behave like a small prick most of the time. It is simpy more fun to put fire under your ass.

• Who said pocket lamps? ;-)

• @CVPS_Chris,

If you had an outage so limited in scope and damages and that was planned, we'd say it sucks like some have with BuyVM. Certain a few people jumped ship. Which is good, cause it opens up more availability for the rest of us :)

You can't turn a planned move like this into a bloodshed for BuyVM. Feel free to try if you want.

• @jcaleb said: @CVPS_Chris You CyberMonday deal still works. Is it a secret?

If anyone wants some ChicagoVPS in Buffalo and Chicago I also have a few I don't need that could do a transfer (for cheaper than CyberMonday stock price) if @CVPS_Chris is ok with it.

• @Amitz said: That is because YOU behave like a small prick most of the time.

I'd say Chris even behaves like a big prick most of the time

• @gsrdgrdghd said: I'd say Chris even behaves like a big prick most of the time

I tried to be as polite as possible.

@pubcrawler said: You can't turn a planned move like this into a bloodshed for BuyVM.

I can when I warned him multiple times :)

• You know what @CVPS_Chris, you've been on better community behavior lately, until now. Congrats.

Feel free to flame other providers / competition. They are bound to flame back so beware.

• I just don't know what to say about that @CVPS_Chris. :(