Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Oh no! BuyVM down?! - Page 15
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Oh no! BuyVM down?!

Comments

• Anything is better than ColoCrossing >_>

• @CVPS_Chris,
    If you really want to talk with @Fran, just PM or give him a call.

• I find it funny when a sales person speaks about hardware and says big, bad and tested gear "sucks".

Only the competition and those with their e-penis envy talk in such ways.

• Anyone done any speed/throughput testing between Fiberhub/BuyVM and BuyVM's Buffalo (Colocrossing)?

Seeing numbers elsewhere in Fiberhub to Buffalo that are lacking. Unsure if it's my provider, QoS crap or just general experience currently.

Routing is a little round and back. Isn't Fiberhub adding Telia soon?

2: 10gigabitethernet3-2.core1.las1.he.net 0.312ms asymm 3
    3: 10gigabitethernet3-2.core1.lax2.he.net 10.108ms asymm 4
    4: las-b3-link.telia.net 8.520ms asymm 8
    5: las-bb1-link.telia.net 12.017ms asymm 8
    6: nyk-bb1-link.telia.net 85.081ms asymm 13
    7: buf-b1-link.telia.net 93.765ms asymm 15
    8: giglinx-ic-155660-buf-b1.c.telia.net 93.921ms asymm 12

Bites my arse since I have Telia sucking between Chicago and North Carolina now too.

Getting 600K/s, pauses, bursts,

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

I'll run some tests and see if I can spot anything. I can probably have Rob push things over Cogent/TINET and hopefully skip the whole telia ordeal.

Francisco

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@Francisco said: You aren't the only one :) I had a few more people doing large file transfers over their filtered ip's and ended up trigger some of the monitors.

/me

• @Francisco said: I'll run some tests and see if I can spot anything. I can probably have Rob push things over Cogent/TINET and hopefully skip the whole telia ordeal.

What upstream providers have a presence at FH besides Cogent/Tinet/Telia? They seem very decent for the price.

• pubcrawlerpubcrawler Banned
    edited January 2013

Telia is whack in many spots. Find up in Buffalo though and between there and Chicago to be fine. It is a hit and miss network.

Interested in seeing how Cogent preference would pan out. Seems much better in my other experience between Chicago and NC.

• concerto49concerto49 Member
    edited January 2013

@KernelSanders said: What upstream providers have a presence at FH besides Cogent/Tinet/Telia? They seem very decent for the price.

Abovenet
    Centurylink
    Cogent
    Cox Business
    Hurricane Electric
    Integra Telecom
    Level3
    Tinet / Inteliquent
    TW Telecom
    XO Communications
    Zayo / 360 Networks

• pubcrawlerpubcrawler Banned
    edited January 2013

Are all those "live" @concerto49? Or does Fiberhub catch those up stream via the four listed below?

HE's ASN lookup tool shows:
    AS3257 Tinet SpA
    AS32421 Black Lotus Communications
    AS6939 Hurricane Electric, Inc.
    AS174 Cogent Communications

• That's a little dancey list on their ad. Unclear what the asterisk truly means to us folks...

Abovenet *
    Centurylink
    Cogent
    Cox Business
    Hurricane Electric
    Integra Telecom
    Level3 *
    Tinet / Inteliquent *
    TW Telecom
    XO Communications *
    Zayo / 360 Networks

(*) - Indicates availability via Fiberhub Metro Connect service.

• klikliklikli Member
    edited January 2013

Just completely drop HE routes<_<
    PS: Those are some providers that you can xcon but some of them do not appear to be included in their BGP mix..

• And that above * list is under:
    Network Providers Available

Above that is: Our Network, which says:
    Fiberhub's BGP4 multi-homed network includes multiple 10G uplinks to Tinet, Cogent, and Hurricane Electric. We're also in the process of adding public and private peering, as well as connectivity to Abovenet (AS6461) in the coming months. If you prefer to buy directly from a carrier, we also offer low-cost cross connects to the rapidly growing list of providers with a presence in our facility.

• unusedunused Member
    edited January 2013

Telia doesn't seem to have great connectivity in the USA, and they aren't nearly as cheap as nlayer/tinet/he/cogent that have decent budget US connectivity - not sure why people seem to be picking them up.

@Francisco - grab a level3 10ge - they have promos for a full 10g commit that bring the price significantly under $1/mbps.

FH has a pretty decent sized MMR where all providers are available.

As of right now FH's blend is HE/COGENT/TINET. Abovenet is on the way and has a supposed ~60 day turnup window.

Francisco

@unused said: @Francisco - grab a level3 10ge - they have promos for a full 10g commit that bring the price under $1/mbps.

I don't need that much transit and spending $10k/m for shits/giggles seems pointless :) But, maybe Rob would like that.

Got a link?

Francisco

• @Francisco no link, but if interested I can pm you a contact there.

@unused said: @Francisco no link, but if interested I can pm you a contact there.

Not personally, no, but Rob is always sniffing around. I'm fairly sure L3 is available within LAS in another building. I'm sure he'd always like extra options incase above fell through.

Francisco

• @Francisco

No love for juniper? EX4200 would do L3 nicely.

• The brocade looks sexy. I wonder how much power does this beast draw?

@rds100 said: The brocade looks sexy. I wonder how much power does this beast draw?

2A.

I know, I was really surprised too o_O

Francisco

• 2A on each power supply, or total? That's 2A at 110V, right? Sounds really low.

@rds100 said: 2A on each power supply, or total? That's 2A at 110V, right? Sounds really low.

Total.

And yea, I know. I was expecting more but we have a single strip with it + the router on it and it's only at like 4 - 5A.

So maybe it's a bit more than 2A but not by much. I was honestly expecting it to be chewing 6 - 8A.

Francisco

• @Francisco said: Total.

And yea, I know. I was expecting more but we have a single strip with it + the router on it and it's only at like 4 - 5A.

So maybe it's a bit more than 2A but not by much. I was honestly expecting it to be chewing 6 - 8A.

Ours is pulling more than double yours, but we've got it nearly full.

• ...and the node I'm on is down again ;(

• They KVM be down

@KernelSanders said: They KVM be down

@SimpleNode said: ..and the node I'm on is down again ;(

No KVM's should be down.

We changed the IP's they're on to make it more logical but that shouldn't have dropped anyones bridge.

Confirm?

Francisco

• When a provider has to move datacenters and starts having this much downtime and treats customer like crap don't you think it is time to move providers?

That is what I did. Much happier now.

• @Francisco said: No KVM's should be down.

We changed the IP's they're on to make it more logical but that shouldn't have dropped anyones bridge.

Confirm?

According to http://buyvmstatus.com/, most are down