Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Google Apps] Primary domain swapping procedure
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[Google Apps] Primary domain swapping procedure

Hi,

Does anybody know how to swap primary domain in Google Apps?

As the old method has stopped working, looking for new method.

Comments

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

I recently bought and successfully did achieve domain swapping using the old method.

Here are instructions how to remove old domain and add new one: http://www.saysjen.com/swapping-your-google-apps-primary-domain-to-your-secondary-domain-for-dummies/ (process take less than 2 minutes, but it's needed to follow instructions carefully)

Don't forget to set up google MX records with your own domain control panel / DNS settings: https://support.google.com/a/answer/174125?hl=en

Go to Admin Console > Security > API Reference > Enable API Access

for the customerDomain and etc to work

Thanked by 1WebProject
  • cassacassa Member

@BharatB that got blocked on the 15th

@cassa said:
    BharatB that got blocked on the 15th

ouch.

• “Changing primary domain is not allowed in trial subscription period.”

don't work no more

• IshaqIshaq Member

I'm glad I swapped the domains on my 2 accounts a few days ago.

Thanked by 1hawc
  • there are still people, who are able to swap, I needed their attention, hope they reply on this thread sooner

• ajgarettajgarett Member
    edited March 2016

@mayankchopra No I don't know how to swap, if I did I would have done it for my own domain.

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/1609361/#Comment_1609361 was in reference to the fact that those who do know how to could offer a new service if they so wanted to.

Edit: Ha, called it

• K4Y5K4Y5 Member

mayankchopra said: there are still people, who are able to swap, I needed their attention, hope they reply on this thread sooner

Highly unlikely that you'll find an answer on public forums that are probably crawled each minute.

• Layer03Layer03 Member, Host Rep

Wondering if google can trace back the bypass and suspend the domains who did the swap.

• edanedan Member

ajgarett said: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/1609361/#Comment_1609361 was in reference to the fact that those who do know how to could offer a new service if they so wanted to.

How much you are willing to pay for it? :)

edited March 2016

@edan said:
    How much you are willing to pay for it? :)

Let me put it this way... I'm on LET for a reason (so between $15-20?) :P

I've got 2 50 person domains from before Google stopped allowing subscribers, and the primary domain has expired on one of them. But it's not my main one so I'm finding it hard to care to actually pay to switch the domain.

Are you saying you know how, @edan? :P

• So, apparently I missed the window on the original domain swap method...
    Who knows how to do it now?

• Luckily I managed to swap all the domain I needed in past few days. And some lucky guys in LET who contacted me also got their free account.

Hopefully there will be new tricks in future.

• mayankchopramayankchopra Member
    edited March 2016

It worked, apparently one of the service provider asked me to add the domain as alias and I gave him my account details, he swapped that alias to primary domain, and everything worked perfectly.

• @mayankchopra said:
    It worked, apparently one of the service provider asked me to add the domain as alias and I gave him my account details, he swapped that alias to primary domain, and everything worked perfectly.

which service provider?

• A third party seller, I found him on internet.

• @hosler said:

He is willing to give process, but is asking $150 :/

edited March 2016

Are you talking about the Bui Manh guy? He offered to switch my domain for free, but wanted $200 for the process itself.

FWIW, I had another person offer the process for $50... LET crowdfunding time? :P

• Thanks God, I just do it 5 days ago :P

• what if you change your google apps to Nonprofit organizations ? you can have as many users and domains as you like

• ATHKATHK Member

@foreverman said:
    what if you change your google apps to Nonprofit organizations ? you can have as many users and domains as you like

You need proof...

• mayankchopramayankchopra Member
    edited March 2016

@ajgarett said:

can you send me the guy's contact number who is selling at $50?

• ATHKATHK Member
    edited March 2016

Lol, seriously.. Get a grip guys..

• I would actually be interested in this process. I have an old personal domain that is grandfathered with 50 users. I would like to switch this so my new personal domain becomes the primary domain. I am not planning on selling the account.

If someone knows a process that works, or someone who can do it (who is trustworthy), please PM me.

Thank you.

• ATHK said: Lol, seriously.. Get a grip guys..

You should see the frenzy over here

• mayankchopra said: can you send me the guy's contact number who is selling at $50?

Probably a scammer. First he wanted a $1000 for it. No one bites so he goes down to $50.

IMO there is no point in paying for this. Whatever the workaround is it will become public soon. There are already some hints in that comments thread.

• Just using GAM tool, you can swap the primary domain.

• @smile93 said:
    Just using GAM tool, you can swap the primary domain.

i tried it. you get the same error about not being able to swap with trial accounts.

• K4Y5K4Y5 Member

smile93 said: Just using GAM tool, you can swap the primary domain.

Thanked by 2TheKiller netomx