Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Google Apps] Primary domain swapping procedure - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[Google Apps] Primary domain swapping procedure

Comments

• salakis said: I didn't get paid for this review

The thread is about getting more information about the technical procedure involved in doing it oneself. What's the point in talking about other people being able to do it for you for a fee?

• salakissalakis Member

@Droidzone said:
    What's the point in talking about other people being able to do it for you for a fee?

Obviously the people who know it aren't keen to share - which I understand, also because Google would crackdown on that method even sooner. So I don't see anything wrong about recommending people and services that help out with this for a small fee.

• @salakis said:

@Droidzone said:
    What's the point in talking about other people being able to do it for you for a fee?

Obviously the people who know it aren't keen to share - which I understand, also because Google would crackdown on that method even sooner. So I don't see anything wrong about recommending people and services that help out with this for a small fee.

How small is reasonable? A $5 gig on fiverr seems reasonable enough, but charging upwards of $10 is just another technique of making money.

• dobuzdobuz Member
    edited May 2016

@Droidzone, your latest reply doesnt even link back to your own initial question yet you quoted reply from @salakis. Do you need a self-check?

Why bother when people charge $5 or $10 or $100 for the service? If you couldn't afford, just go for the cheapest, who knows you dont even find $5 reasonable? Then it's you and your own. You can wait, maybe someone could offer the same service for $1.. not on fiverr anymore, maybe cheapoerr?

When there is supply and demand, you don't call those price reasonable or not. Price couldn't be the onnly factor, ohi gosh, not that again.. there is credibility and other factor that measure up.

• icpnutsicpnuts Member

I don't think I have an issue with paying someone $10 or $20. I don't want people using my account and making the changes. At least for me, if you show me how to do it and I got it done, I am glad to PayPal you the $. It's all about privacy for me.

Thanked by 3hawc wedgehost Plioser
  • Just an FYI: The swapping procedure will not work on a primary domain that was purchased from a Google partner like Godaddy. So I'm going to let this 200 user Google apps account go. It can still add two secondary domains. But someone will need to keep renewing the original domain. Anyone want it for a meagre sum?

• j05h88j05h88 Member

@Droidzone said:

How small is reasonable? A $5 gig on fiverr seems reasonable enough, but charging upwards of $10 is just another technique of making money.

When I started doing the switch, I had spent 30+ hours finding the trick. It took me over an hour for each account. I can do it in 15 minutes now, but it took many accounts to get a streamlined system down.

I started doing it for free, when the only other service doing the same thing was charging $30. I had to charge because I couldn't keep up with requests.

Anybody can charge whatever they'd like for a service, the free market decides whether they get customers. I would post the step by step directions here if I thought Google wouldn't "fix" it any sooner.

• makeothermakeother Member
    edited May 2016

After 04/15/2016, you can swap primary domain google apps with this guide:
    (snipped)

• drdrakedrdrake Member

How can i swap domains if i have a gapp with a .edu domain? Can someone help me?

• al3xtal3xt Member
    edited May 2016

@makeother said

Flagged. oh well...someone tried to get free traffic + old skool method that sadly don't work anymore?

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited May 2016

@al3xt said:

@makeother said

Flagged. oh well...someone tried to get free traffic + old skool method that sadly don't work anymore?

Could someone enlighten me - Does the method in the linked blog post really no longer work and is it just fishing for clicks? I will not delete a post and ban someone just because he is ruining the business of some fishy "Send me a PM and I make you a great offer to swap your domain" poptarts. I understand that taking those methods to the public may lead to Google change their policies, but that is their right as it is their product and service.

Thanked by 1Radi
  • hotsnowhotsnow Veteran

@Amitz said:

Could someone enlighten me - Does the method in the linked blog post really no longer work and is it just fishing for clicks?

I've tried, can't work indeed :(

• d0gar00d0gar00 Member
    edited May 2016

@Amitz said:

@al3xt said:

@makeother said

Could someone enlighten me - Does the method in the linked blog post really no longer work and is it just fishing for clicks? I will not delete a post and ban someone just because he is ruining the business of some fishy "Send me a PM and I make you a great offer to swap your domain" poptarts. I understand that taking those methods to the public may lead to Google change their policies, but that is their right as it is their product and service.

This method does not work, it is a copy and paste from other websites of the old method that no longer works..

https://www.google.com/search?q=Click+next+to+‘Request+Body’,+and+in+the+–add+a+property–+drop-down+that+appears,+choose:+customerDomain&oq=Click+next+to+‘Request+Body’,+and+in+the+–add+a+property–+drop-down+that+appears,+choose:+customerDomain&aqs=chrome..69i57.882j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

• AmitzAmitz Member

Copy and paste is boring. Action taken.

• DroidzoneDroidzone Member
    edited May 2016

The new technique works! Thanks to @j05h88 and @joshu, I was able to reclaim 4-5 old gapps domains which I had let expire earlier, and successfully swapped them for domains I plan on keeping.

Thanks to Google's new policies, it is no longer easy to get gapps admin info recovered just because you grabbed an expired domain. So I guess these few domains are going to get a lot more expensive to acquire. One thing which worries me is that if Google wants, they can easily track the swapping requests and block the swapped domains. Hope they don't!

• davidkoenigdavidkoenig Member
    edited May 2016

I think I've found a way to recover Google Apps free accounts under new policies..testing with a few more.

Thanked by 1administrator
  • enli8labsenli8labs Member
    edited May 2016

As main aim was to keep the method secret. We shall do swapping for only 5$ on our FIVERR GIG from now on. It just a charge for our time investment.

• Hi guys, i'm new here and i like to say that - my english is bad and - i managed to change the primary domain of my old Free Google Apps. I have used the old “30 days Free Trial” method, with a little modification.

But, i don't realize how create news domains. If someone need, i can help.

• @palhaço_bozo said:
    Hi guys, i'm new here and i like to say that - my english is bad and - i managed to change the primary domain of my old Free Google Apps. I have used the old “30 days Free Trial” method, with a little modification.

But, i don't realize how create news domains. If someone need, i can help.

can you teach me how to do this?

• AlexQAlexQ Member

Any update on changing the primary domain or adding a secondary one?

• Any one have 10 users or 50 users accounts? want to buy.... PM me. I can pay up to 10$

• vdep16vdep16 Member

Hello everyone,

I have been watching this thread with interest because I also have a bunch of domains registered when Google Apps were free and I also apparently missed the window between October and March during when this change could have been made easily by everyone. I am also a student with virtually no money to spare and some of my domains have also expired and picked up by others, so I am very interested in any way in which I could recover those by changing the primary to a few domains I can afford to keep.

I realize those "in the know" understandably want to keep this trick out of the public eye so it doesn't get widely known and subsequently patched by Google. My intent is not to share it or disseminate it further, either, but I would appreciate if anyone could share either trick with me via PM. I actually have a pretty good idea from reading the entire thread as to what one of them may be, but would rather not risk "bricking" my domain by a false move. If it makes you more comfortable, I can share what I think the method is and you can correct me where I am wrong.

Finally, I also have a suggestion by which I think I can fairly take care of my own domains and also give back to the awesome community here: If those in the know care to share the trick(s) with me, I will in turn gladly do the domain change for free for anyone up to a reasonable number of times (50? 100?). Of course, in doing so, I wish not to undercut those like j05h88, enli8labs, etc. who appear to be obviously doing a good, reliable job of it and should rightfully compensated for their time. Therefore, perhaps a workaround might be that I redirect those who want hands-off, full service, quicker handling go to them and those more hands-on and willing to wait a little in line on a schedule work with me to do it for free. I would also be willing to "pass the baton" to someone else down the line after I have done it for a reasonably high number of people, so they can continue to pay it forward.

What do you all think?

Thanked by 1lema
  • hi, any updates regarding the 2 methods ? i really want to swap my primary domain with the alias domain :(

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

vdep16 said: I realize those "in the know" understandably want to keep this trick out of the public eye so it doesn't get widely known and subsequently patched by Google.

I'm thinking that Google has a spare $5 to invest on fiverr to learn the secret.

• any updates? any body still make it for a fee?

• AmitzAmitz Member

@Rafidain said:
    any updates? any body still make it for a fee?

Worked well for me with 2 domains:
    https://www.fiverr.com/enli8labs/add-primary-or-secondary-domain-on-google-apps-legacy

• ardaarda Member

@Amitz said:

@Rafidain said:
    any updates? any body still make it for a fee?

Worked well for me with 2 domains:
    https://www.fiverr.com/enli8labs/add-primary-or-secondary-domain-on-google-apps-legacy

I also used @al3xt 's gig from fiverr. He was quite helpful and responsive. Another happy customer here :)

Thanked by 1al3xt
  • haryhary Member

i can swap it success using dev api

• al3xtal3xt Member
    edited July 2016

-edit-
    by now i could've realized the message could be fake. I'm not putting any speculation on this subject, let's see how it goes from now, im re-activating my gig in fiverr, if its against whoever T&C, logically Google shouldn't and WILL NOT deal with us directly, but deal with Fiverr directly to disable or even close our account.

So yeah, those who still need my service, welcome to check out my fiverr gig under the handle 'alextjm'. Thanks.

Thanked by 1arda
  • ardaarda Member
    edited July 2016

@al3xt said:

That's sad to hear. Do you think that the previously swapped domains will remain same ?