Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Google Apps] Primary domain swapping procedure - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[Google Apps] Primary domain swapping procedure

Comments

• davidkoenigdavidkoenig Member
    edited March 2016

My name is David, I originally found one of the workarounds for changing the primary domain after the 3/15 policy update. It is quite simple. Here's a hint: it does not rely on GAM per se although you could use it for part of the solution. I am going to suspect that Google will patch this simple method pretty quickly, as it has done to other workarounds in the past.

Thanked by 2netsujit cuteo
  • edanedan Member

davidkoenig said: My name is David, I originally privately instructed some people on one of the workarounds for changing the primary domain after the 3/15 policy update who are now selling it around everywhere. (Look back at my comments on saysjen.com). It is quite simple. Here's a hint: it does not rely on GAM per se although you could use it for part of the solution. I am going to suspect that Google will patch this simple method pretty quickly, as it has done to other workarounds in the past.

So basically we can change/swap it without upgrading? what method your are using, I mean the GAM side.

• @edan said:

Probably adding alias and swapping it with primary domain?

• davidkoenigdavidkoenig Member
    edited March 2016

The process can be automated. There are 2 methods that I've found to bypass the limitation.

• @davidkoenig said:
    The process can be automated.

I just register a domain name. Please guide me (for free) if you can. Thanks.

• Sorry, don't want to share it around too much.

Thanked by 1Fabri2io
  • lifehomelifehome Member
    edited March 2016

@davidkoenig said:
    Sorry, don't want to share it around too much.

Then don't discuss or show off around your selfishness.

• edanedan Member

@lifehome said:

He is right actually or Google will block the way again, if you want to know the trick PM him.

• @edan said:
    He is right actually or Google will block the way again, if you want to know the trick PM him.

For a quote or invoice?

• edanedan Member

@lifehome said:
    For a quote or invoice?

I don't know, since when I PM him and he give me some clue.

• Trying my best to share as much as I can with you guys. Sharing these freely risks killing them (1 of the 2 methods is especially more prone to this), moreover it will hasten the end of the free edition.

@lifehome said:

Thanked by 2mudeth carlosmx
  • Agreed.

@davidkoenig said:
    Trying my best to share as much as I can with you guys. Sharing these freely risks killing them (1 of the 2 methods is especially more prone to this), moreover it will hasten the end of the free edition.

• @davidkoenig said:
    Trying my best to share as much as I can with you guys. Sharing these freely risks killing them (1 of the 2 methods is especially more prone to this), moreover it will hasten the end of the free edition.

I would also agree with the statement based on my search engine results, EVERY trick EVER published has been broken!!
    Because of that, I also figured it was worth buying his service yesterday. Whatever process he used works and it will save me money every year, so I'm happy.

• MissFortuneMissFortune Member
    edited March 2016

Okay, now I know how this process works. No one taught me the process. It has something to do with what David said about the GAM, then do something on the admin console to revert back to free. Cheers.

Edit: tested on my 1 and only account, successfully added secondary domain.

Thanked by 1cuteo
  • @MissFortune said:
    Okay, now I know how this process works. No one taught me the process. It has something to do with what David said about the GAM, then do something on the admin console to revert back to free. Cheers.

Edit: tested on my 1 and only account, successfully added secondary domain.

Uh wow, I tested it just now, and it successfully swapped! Thank god I can finally get rid of those ugly grandfathered domain, and own myself a brand new one.

@MissFortune, I think my account is glitched, since I don't have to go through that revert thing :lmao:

• lifehome said: @MissFortune, I think my account is glitched, since I don't have to go through that revert thing :lmao:

You should see 2 options when canceling the subscription, otherwise, it's not correct. Unless that worked for you...

Thanked by 2lifehome elBradford
  • @MissFortune Well, it worked as-is that way. That's why I'm sayin it's glitched. :o

• It's interesting thread... I'm following... Can someone tell me how to change primary domain? I have 1 domain app reg from 2009 and 10 users. I just want to change this.

• imokimok Member

I've been looking for this since May 15th :(
    What a dark day.

Thanked by 1umiyaji
  • K4Y5K4Y5 Member

@imok said:
    What a dark day.

Are you from the future or something?

• @K4Y5 said:
    Are you from the future or something?

Probably 2015, otherwise I'll need some popcorn.

• Would anyone be interested in a simple (probably java-based) cli tool to do the swap via that api method?

• I found the way to change (swap) primary domain for your free google apps account now. Please pm me for the service cost. I will do it within 1 hour for you. Payment via paypal, very easy.

• linadevlinadev Member
    edited April 2016

@imok said:
    What a dark day.

Please pm me. I'm providing this service, very reasonable cost.

• PM sent

• AbdussamadAbdussamad Member
    edited April 2016

Using the google apps api is easy via the command line tool gam. The problem is not using the API it's that, since mid March, you can no longer change the primary domain on free accounts simply by calling that particular change primary domain command. It only works for commercial and non-profit accounts.

This thread is about the new method to change primary domains which hasn't been made public yet. Some people know it and they charge for the knowledge or offer to change domains for a fee.

@Void_Whisperer

Thanked by 1linadev
  • Abdussamad is right. But there is still another way to overcome that. Please pm me if someone needs that service. The cost is reasonable. And 100% success.

• @linadev said:
    Abdussamad is right. But there is still another way to overcome that. Please pm me if someone needs that service. The cost is reasonable. And 100% success.

Why would someone pay you when they can use google for free?

• @jamesme said:
    Why would someone pay you when they can use google for free?

I don't write any word that I force anyone to use my service, right?