Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Google Apps] Primary domain swapping procedure - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[Google Apps] Primary domain swapping procedure

12346»

Comments

• al3xtal3xt Member

@arda, whats done will be done.. no worry on those previously swapped domains. Its just that new swap need to be done well..... through closed-door. (if it's not fixed yet)

Thanked by 1arda
  • AbdussamadAbdussamad Member
    edited July 2016

The message @al3xt received was fake. I've received a similar message and it's clearly not from Google. The English is terrible and the impostor used a VPN to post the message.

Thanked by 2TheKiller al3xt
  • RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

Anybody wants to enlighten me what's the big secret?

• QuasarQuasar Member

I tried starting a trial period and then cancelling the trial period. Bad idea. I had an account that had a 200 user limit. Now it has one user and no apps. Just warning others in case they are trying to figure this out.

Thanked by 1Chronic
  • QuasarQuasar Member

If anyone else has problems and al3xt contacts you saying he can help if you give him your credentials, I can vouch that he does as he says. He fixed my account and didn't try anything funny. My 'appsless' account is now back to the free standard account with all of the users.

Thanked by 1al3xt
  • Ive bought a couple of accounts from @Rockster and @al3xt added some domains to one of them - both did good jobs.

• any update on adding secondary domains?

• imokimok Member
    edited August 2016

Does anyone know what happened to @Rockster? He's inactive since a couple of months

• Anyone familiar with the working procedure to swap the primary domain? I'm banging my head against the wall, trying to figure it out.

If anyone cares to share it privately, I'll be in your debt. I have no intention to monetise it or spread it around, I just want to be able to sort out my own account without providing a stranger access to it.

• Folks, this whole discussion makes me furious - I can't understand how Google has avoided a class action for breach of contract and why the on-line community still holds them in high regard. Do no evil; yeah, right!

My contract from google back in 2006 starts at clause 17:

No Fees. Provided that Google continues to offer Google Apps for Your Domain to Customer,

Google will continue to provide a version of Google Apps for Your Domain (with substantially the
    same services as those provided as of the Effective Date) free of charge to Customer...

How in anyone's understanding can removing the facility to move an account to another domain not be anything other than a 'substantial' change to the service?

If anyone want's to read the full terms from back in 2006, here they are:
    https://dropbox.com/s/gaz9ukqjay1fw77/20060830_GOOGLE-APPS-FOR-YOUR-DOMAIN-BETA_AGREEMENT.pdf?dl=0

Thanked by 1ninaprasetyo
  • @pseud said:
    Folks, this whole discussion makes me furious - I can't understand how Google has avoided a class action for breach of contract and why the on-line community still holds them in high regard. Do no evil; yeah, right!

My contract from google back in 2006 starts at clause 17:

No Fees. Provided that Google continues to offer Google Apps for Your Domain to Customer,

Google will continue to provide a version of Google Apps for Your Domain (with substantially the
    same services as those provided as of the Effective Date) free of charge to Customer...

How in anyone's understanding can removing the facility to move an account to another domain not be anything other than a 'substantial' change to the service?

If anyone want's to read the full terms from back in 2006, here they are:
    https://dropbox.com/s/gaz9ukqjay1fw77/20060830_GOOGLE-APPS-FOR-YOUR-DOMAIN-BETA_AGREEMENT.pdf?dl=0

Class action lawsuit for something you got for free. Atta boy! That is some LowEndGold right here!

• pseudpseud Member
    edited September 2016

FREE!!!
    What do you mean free? Google used my experience and use of their 'beta' service while they were perfecting it for commercial use. I was their gunnies-pig. Don't get me wrong, of course I was happy with the deal, but there was a quid pro quo and Google has reneged on the deal and now I'm not happy - now I'm hopping mad. So, nothing was given for 'free' - if there wasn't any consideration, then there wouldn't have been an agreement - read contract (linked above). There ain't no free lunch, I took a risk in using their service - the risk I'd loose all my data:

Warranty Disclaimer. CUSTOMER UNDERSTANDS AND AGREES THAT: (A) EACH SERVICE

OF GOOGLE APPS IS A BETA SERVICE STILL UNDERGOING TESTING AND DOES NOT
    REPRESENT A FINAL SERVICE FROM GOOGLE, AND (B) EACH SERVICE MAY CONTAIN
    BUGS, DEFECTS, ERRORS AND OTHER PROBLEMS THAT COULD CAUSE SYSTEM
    FAILURES. CONSEQUENTLY, GOOGLE APPS INCLUDING ALL CONTENT, SOFTWARE
    (INCLUDING ANY UPDATES OR MODIFICATIONS TO THE SOFTWARE), FUNCTIONS,
    MATERIALS AND INFORMATION MADE AVAILABLE ON OR ACCESSED THROUGH GOOGLE
    APPS, AND ANY ACCOMPANYING DOCUMENTATION ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND ANY USE
    THEREOF SHALL BE AT CUSTOMER'S OWN RISK.

I fixed their bugs! Essentially, Google adopted an open source model and then reneged on the deal.

Thanked by 1ninaprasetyo
  • e97e97 Member
    edited November 2016

Talked to al3xt, signed up for a alias -> primary. Will let you know how it goes..

• e97e97 Member
    edited November 2016

It worked! al3xt got it done in about a day (I didnt sign up for rush). Account looks OK and doesnt look like anything else was changed. Would recommend his services if you need this.

• e97 said: Talked to al3xt, signed up for a alias -> primary. Will let you know how it goes..

Coming from a person who just signed up

Nothing fishy there #badmarketing

@Jarland

Thanked by 1sharuu
  • @Foul said:

e97 said: Talked to al3xt, signed up for a alias -> primary. Will let you know how it goes..

@Jarland

@Foul, yea bad marketing, therefore it's definitely not me.

@e97 i dont remember your userid that asked me to change primary domain.

Thanked by 1pseud
  • @foul: LOL didnt think of that. Absolutely true, I'm skeptical of new users posting reviews on services. Now that Amazon is so cheap. I havent even been to LEB since 2010 (512mb OpenVZ VM for $6.35/mo!), so my old account got deleted. The only reason I signed up was to find out if this was legit.

Make the decision for yourself, just saying it worked for me. He has 200+ 5star feedback.

@al3xt: Different userID, left 5 star feedback. Don't forget to leave me feedback ;0

• Yeah, I'd just like to stick in a plug for al3xt - very business like and much much more straight forward than taking a class action against google :0)

Thanked by 1al3xt
  • If you want to change primary domain or add secondary domain for your Google Apps (Gapps) (G Suite), you can use this Gig:

https://www.fiverr.com/gsuite/change-primary-or-secondary-domain-in-google-apps-g-suite

• Whoever wants to change their primary domain, read here:
    https://rootcommand com/primary-domain-change-google-apps-legacy-gsuite-standard-edition/

You may wonder why I do it. Let's say I just wanna do it free for a change (no pun intended).

• @RootCommand said:
    Whoever wants to change their primary domain, read here:
    https://rootcommand com/primary-domain-change-google-apps-legacy-gsuite-standard-edition/

You may wonder why I do it. Let's say I just wanna do it free for a change (no pun intended).

Anyone use this free service yet?

• datakodatako Member
    edited April 2017

@Noerman said:

@RootCommand said:

He just joined, made that page 12h ish ago. And is like all the other sites where they lure you into reading it, then say, "well, I can't tell you how I do it cause it's a secret" - which is fine. Very misleading though. What's the point of making that when 1000 other sites are the exact same. Personally, I'd rather pay $5 to someone reputable.

Oh and to top it off, this is a necro thread... Let's not bother lol

Thanked by 1Noerman
  • @datako said:

@Noerman said:

@RootCommand said:

He just joined, made that page 12h ish ago. And is like all the other sites where they lure you into reading it, then say, "well, I can't tell you how I do it cause it's a secret" - which is fine. Very misleading though. What's the point of making that when 1000 other sites are the exact same. Personally, I'd rather pay $5 to someone reputable.

Can't blame you with the "reputable" thing. I'm new and I just found out how to do it. Gotta start somewhere to gain that reputation by doing things differently. I challenge you to give me 1000 sites that are doing it for exactly $0.

• @RootCommand said:

@datako said:

@Noerman said:

@RootCommand said:

Can't blame you with the "reputable" thing. I'm new and I just found out how to do it. Gotta start somewhere to gain that reputation by doing things differently. I challenge you to give me 1000 sites that are doing it for exactly $0.

Not really a challenge... but no thanks, I'll throw $5 to spend my time elsewhere. I have better things to do. In the meantime, I hope you continue to enjoy doing this service free!

Just wanted to advise Noerman was all since it didn't appear that knew this service just started, thus no reviews for his question.
    Have fun! :)

• AmitzAmitz Member

@al3xt said:

@Foul said:

e97 said: Talked to al3xt, signed up for a alias -> primary. Will let you know how it goes..

@Jarland

@Foul, yea bad marketing, therefore it's definitely not me.

@e97 i dont remember your userid that asked me to change primary domain.

@al3xt did the job twice in the past for me and everything worked out quick and fine. Just to chime in and hopefully not getting suspected as "shill". :-)

• Is there any more swapping service? Need to swap for three to four legacy subscriptions