Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Alternative to SolusVM & OnApp - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Alternative to SolusVM & OnApp

Comments

• @AnthonySmith said:
    Its going to be a very interesting few weeks.

I wouldn't count on it . . .

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Microlinux said: I wouldn't count on it . . .

I don't blame you.

If this is further BS though I will be paying for my license from now on via bags of dog shit through the post.

• @AnthonySmith Here's a quote from their TOS (http://solusvm.com/tos) "Secure online payments are accepted via PayPal or Google Checkout. For customers with larger services, we also accept Bank Transfer."

• elixirelixir Member

@ascendrix have you considered OpenNebula?

https://opennebula.org/about/key-features/

• m3gfm3gf Member

honestly virtualizor is good.

• @elixir said:

Wtf? So many people are performing the dark arts of necromancy. Flagged.

• AthylAthyl Member

Virtualizor is good and better, From start i am using it.
    Yes, It was have some bugs but now it is better.

Athyl said: Virtualizor is good and better, From start i am using it. Yes, It was have some bugs but now it is better.

I now use both, honestly compared to SolusVM the Virtualizor Admin interface is poor.

Virtualizor has the better end user Interface though and integrates every function into the billing modules, unlike SolusVM which has basic functions for end user only.

In terms of capabilities though, Virtualizor now absolutely 110% wipes the floor with SolusVM in every single way and it is in active development, SolusVM has only had minor bug fix and security fixes now for the last 3 - 4 years, it is essentially on minimal maintenance only.

• elixirelixir Member

@doghouch said:

@elixir said:

Are you saying if someone comes across a thread with relevant content, albeit 6 months old, they should ONLY open a new thread instead of building on the information already there?

But hey, I guess you do get a point to flag with nothing else to contribute - bravo!

Thanked by 1bersy
  • @elixir said:

@doghouch said:

@elixir said:

Are you saying if someone comes across a thread with relevant content, albeit 6 months old, they should ONLY open a new thread instead of building on the information already there?

But hey, I guess you do get a point to flag with nothing else to contribute - bravo!

I like you. Only 6 months old!

• moonmartinmoonmartin Member
    edited May 2017

For some reason people around here get their panties in a bunch whenever someone responds to a thread that is a few months old.

Apparently people haven't figured out how google works. Sometimes you google something and an old LET thread comes up. Google doesn't care about the age so much like the delicate flowers around here do.

Thanked by 3asf elixir switsys
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

moonmartin said: For some reason people around here get their panties in a bunch whenever someone responds to a thread that is a few months old.

I'm OK with it as long as it's relevant. Or if someone asked for advice and comes back months later to report how it went - that is very welcome.

The rules say "make sure the thread you're replying to is still relevant". If we wanted to completely forbid commenting after X time, we'd auto-close threads, which we don't.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • moonmartinmoonmartin Member
    edited May 2017

@raindog308 said:

moonmartin said: For some reason people around here get their panties in a bunch whenever someone responds to a thread that is a few months old.

I'm OK with it as long as it's relevant. Or if someone asked for advice and comes back months later to report how it went - that is very welcome.

The rules say "make sure the thread you're replying to is still relevant". If we wanted to completely forbid commenting after X time, we'd auto-close threads, which we don't.

In that case I suggest the moderators ban google bots from indexing this site and bringing in direct thread traffic. That'd be grrrrreat.

• gleertgleert Member, Host Rep

AnthonySmith said: Its going to be a very interesting few weeks.

What happened? Any news on V2?

gleert said: What happened?

They outright lied

gleert said: Any news on V2?

Literally none...

• @AnthonySmith said:

gleert said: What happened?

They outright lied

gleert said: Any news on V2?

Literally none...

V2 is a joke. If it ever comes out, it'll probably be when LET is gone. Like, in a few hundred years.

doghouch said: V2 is a joke. If it ever comes out

Well they have already said on release it wont offer anything new over the current version, which already puts it about 3 years behind virtualizor even if it was released tomorrow.

By the time v2 comes out (if ever), virtualizor will have proxmox support which is a game over scenario for solusvm imo.

• BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2017

You can try out Virtualizor. Their team is active & humble.
    The development is quite good and we have been using them to provision KVM VPS. Till now there hasn't been any problem.

Also, they have developed their own WHMCS module so you don't have to cash out more to get a 3rd party addon in WHMCS to maintain the automation of providing VPS.

We earlier used SolusVM - crap

Then moved to Proxmox - had to buy couple of 3rd party modules to get the automation working, still a lot of issues every now & then

Finally, Virtualizor - the best!

Virtualizor is my recommendation ;)

• AmitzAmitz Member

Hey guys! I just come back from 2025 and guess what: They expect the release of SolusVM V2 soon there!

• I concur w/ @BlaZe - Virtualizor is the way to go. Other's have pointed out that SolusVM hasn't enjoyed much community confidence in their continual proclamations on the coming of v2.

Virtualizor looks great for the end users - and that's the most important aspect when running a business, how it appears to the end user. The admin backend is quite functional so any ugliness that people are claiming is a moot point IMNSHO... There's a lot of system utilities that have ugly backends and that doesn't affect the end user experience.

Virtualizor also integrates well into WHMCS, and IIRC, Blesta as well. I'm thinking there's also a solution for BoxBilling too, but really can't recall.

There was a single person who posted about HostBill... HostBill. Well, mine is running on autopilot, having abandoned that ship of craziness a long time ago. Yes it is capable, yes, it looks decent, no you don't have any idea what sort of calamity is going to befall you as a provider from week to week if you're running it, and aside from having to pay for bugfixes and never receiving responses on trouble tickets or requests for them to perform paid intregrations of new capabilities, HostBill does actually natively support a myriad of technologies right out of the box.

I just can't in good conscience recommend something as uncertain as HostBill to anyone though.

Now, we don't offer OpenVZ (No Brain no Pain - every VM should have it's own kernel IMO), so I can't speak as to a great solution there. But SolusVM does work and it is proven.

Virtualizor's development is active and we're quite happy and satisfied with their support and stability. If you're doing Xen or KVM then I would think you would be happy too - I'm not sure if they're actually supporting OpenVZ yet, but we'll prolly never offer another offing of that technology anyway so won't be looking back on that.

I can honestly recommend Virtualizor w/o reservation, and if I wasn't afraid that HostBill won't be around tomorrow, could recommend that to you as well, and it integrates with almost

For hosting in this market right now you would be completely insane to use anything except virtualizor, 4 years+ ago the same would be said for solusvm.

Virtualizor is in active development and has some exciting new features planned, solusvm on the other hand are pretty much refusing to provide any support for the current version because they say it is more important to get v2 made... v2 is now almost 3 years in development and they still refuse to provide an ETA.

Thanked by 1fLoo
  • @Amitz said:

Hey guys! I just come back from 2025 and guess what: They expect the release of SolusVM V2 soon there!

Did CC have ipv6?

Thanked by 2Amitz brueggus
  • AmitzAmitz Member

PremiumN said: Did CC have ipv6?

Yeah, but the whole world was raving about IPv8 already which CC plan to deploy - well... soon.

edited May 2017

Amitz said: Yeah, but the whole world was raving about IPv8 already which CC plan to deploy - well... soon.

Was @cociu 's fsck finished?

• cociucociu Member

AnthonySmith said: Was @cociu 's fsck finished?

yes man , finnaly yes , we move some data and all online ... 4 days durring this test .... a really shit

Thanked by 2inthecloudblog Aidan
  • jhjh Member

Virtualizor need to invest in their UI. I just tried their demo and it's full of broken English, odd colours, odd icons, a footer where it shouldn't be etc. etc.

edited May 2017

jh said: Virtualizor need to invest in their UI. I just tried their demo and it's full of broken English, odd colours, odd icons, a footer where it shouldn't be etc. etc.

Yep the main admin UI is pretty hard on the eyes, since migrating over to virtualizor though, I have had to login to the admin UI twice, because it just works.

From the Client Side, the virtualizor panel is 100% fine.

If that was the only issues solusvm had,... then this conversation would not be happening.

Would you rather have odd colours or a KVM template system that has been broken for 8 months that was only acknowledged 24 hours ago, or a system that leaves deleted/terminated/canceled VM's running and publicly acknowledge that they don't feel it is very important?

I will take the odd colours in an interface I rarely use because everything is integrated into WHMCS now anyway thanks.

It's probably been a while since you used solusvm as a host iirc, believe it or not it is actually worse now than it was then and by quite a big margin.

SolusVM client WHMCS intergration:

Solusvm Client panel (separate login required due to limited functions in WHMCS module)

Virtualizor (all in WHMCS no need for seperate login)

Virtualizor end user panel for anyone interested (not that you need it)

Thanked by 3AshleyUk asf jh
  • @AnthonySmith remember mobile UI has been broken for at least 3 years from what I've seen on Solus. Once you login you get a random JSON response and have to manually reload to get it to show.

• @GenjiSwitchPls said:
    @AnthonySmith remember mobile UI has been broken for at least 3 years from what I've seen on Solus. Once you login you get a random JSON response and have to manually reload to get it to show.

This is on the WHMCS module or inside your SolusVM account?

Thanked by 1GenjiSwitchPls