Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH Launches 3 New Datacenters - Page 32
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH Launches 3 New Datacenters

Comments

• @stefeman said:

@ConnorM said:
    I don't understand why you all hide your IP. Live life on the edge ;)

On a technical note, Anyone's Google Search location changed to Indonesia?

Because sharing it on LET usually ends up it being DDoS'ed.. Someone shared his Sydney IP and it was bombed down for a week with everyone apparently wanting to find out how OVH handles DDoS in Asia.

Multiple cases before where IP's posted here got DDoS attacks.

That's why I post mine, is it bad to want DDOS attacks? If it ever happens I'll just chuck a fo on it :)

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited April 2017

@ConnorM said:

@stefeman said:

@ConnorM said:

Because sharing it on LET usually ends up it being DDoS'ed.. Someone shared his Sydney IP and it was bombed down for a week with everyone apparently wanting to find out how OVH handles DDoS in Asia.

That's why I post mine, is it bad to want DDOS attacks? If it ever happens I'll just chuck a fo on it :)

Even if you have Anti-DDoS and network filters in place, DDoS is always a nuisance and may cause unpredictable effects on whatever you are hosting.. There's no reason to cause one if you can avoid it by censoring the IPs from pictures you post here.

And yes, it's stupid to want one since you'll just bother your host who has to filter it lol

• @stefeman said:

@ConnorM said:

@stefeman said:

@ConnorM said:

Even if you have Anti-DDoS and network filters in place, DDoS is always a nuisance and may cause unpredictable effects on whatever you are hosting.. There's no reason to cause one if you can avoid it by censoring the IPs from pictures you post here.

And yes, it's stupid to want one since you'll just bother your host who has to filter it lol
    @stefeman said:

@ConnorM said:

@stefeman said:

@ConnorM said:

My host being OVH :) I trust em they can take. Easy FAILOVER ip swappp

• GamerTech24GamerTech24 Member
    edited April 2017

pbgben said: If I traceroute netflix, it goes over ovh network. No mention of telstra. But OVH really need to get some vocus peering.

I've been looking into how netflix deals with all the traffic they get, I did a ping from my own cable internet during peak hours and noticed high latency proving that they get tons of traffic

(no other websites I ping like google are like that I swear)

and netflix has this thing called an openconnect box, and it's basically one server with an insane amount of storage in it that ISPs can deploy in their datacenter and route users to, and it'll hold most of the popular-in demand netflix content and stream it to users without having to run it through the public internet, that leaves me to question if netflix from an ovh australia server did go over Telstra I wonder if it would hit Netflix's Australia servers instead of going over the OVH network leaving AU, meaning if you had an AU netflix account you could stream movies and stuff faster through your OVH AU server, but as far as I'm aware existing netflix traffic from an OVH AU server leaves australia. Then again unless you're running a VPN no one is really going to be using their AU servers connection to stream movies and shows.

Anyways back on topic, I'm curious if OVH Australia will peer with VOCUS, or if the need for them to do so even still exists or not. Most people seem to be content with their peering as of now.

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

@enhancedrick

1     2 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  192.168.2.254
      2     4 ms     2 ms     2 ms  103.53.149.251
      3     5 ms     5 ms     2 ms  113.21.224.226
      4     4 ms     2 ms     2 ms  lt-0-0-0-34.ntc-cr1.as45177.net.nz [14.1.39.33]
      5    26 ms    26 ms    25 ms  45177.syd.equinix.com [45.127.172.173]
      6    29 ms    32 ms    29 ms  16276.syd.equinix.com [45.127.172.217]
      7    28 ms    36 ms    27 ms  po10.syd-d2-a72.routers.ovh.net [103.5.14.229]
      8     *        *        *     Request timed out.
      9    35 ms    26 ms    30 ms  ssd01.syd.c38.host [139.99.130.120]

Our work ISP has direct peering with equinix, so that is good for us.

Thanked by 1GamerTech24

@MaikoB Hey man, any chance I could get a ticket looked at, I think my account has been limited for some reason as ordering more than one IP shows this error: "This action requires verification or cannot currently be validated. Please contact your local support team"

ovh.ie Ticket: 6830667057

If you can't do anything that's fine, but thanks in advance.

Thanked by 1GamerTech24

Woop a reply,

http://status.ovh.com/?do=details&id=14520

Looks like OVH have run out of IP's

edited April 2017

@pbgben said:
    Woop a reply,

http://status.ovh.com/?do=details&id=14520

Looks like OVH have run out of IP's

The OVH Australia (even though it's an ARIN) 139.99.128.0/17 may be all used up now, in which case they'll have to contact the APNIC to get more

edited April 2017

http://bgp.he.net/net/139.99.128.0/17#_dns

Yep looks like it is all allocated now, interesting to see how they'll go about assigning more IPv4's to OVH Australia, my only guess is they'll try and get APNIC blocks or something. I'm also interested in when they'll be opening up the ovh.com.au website for people in AU and NZ with dedicated support in those countries

Someone should donate a /8 to ovh or something lol

• @ethancedrik said:

Yep looks like it is all allocated now, interesting to see how they'll go about assigning more IPv4's to OVH Australia, my only guess is they'll try and get APNIC blocks or something.

At the moment, we don't plan to get IP from APNIC because they don't have any API and automated system as we use and need like ARIN and RIPE.

We use ARIN IP for the APAC and localise them in Sydney or Singapore.

I'm also interested in when they'll be opening up the ovh.com.au website for people in AU and NZ with dedicated support in those countries

Tic toc, H-xx :)

Btw, have you seen we've launch the official OVH Australia & New Zealand Twitter ? :)
    https://twitter.com/ovh_anz/

Thanked by 2pbgben GamerTech24

@MaikoB said:

@ethancedrik said:

Yep looks like it is all allocated now, interesting to see how they'll go about assigning more IPv4's to OVH Australia, my only guess is they'll try and get APNIC blocks or something.

At the moment, we don't plan to get IP from APNIC because they don't have any API and automated system as we use and need like ARIN and RIPE.

We use ARIN IP for the APAC and localise them in Sydney or Singapore.

I'm also interested in when they'll be opening up the ovh.com.au website for people in AU and NZ with dedicated support in those countries

Tic toc, H-xx :)

Btw, have you seen we've launch the official OVH Australia & New Zealand Twitter ? :)
    https://twitter.com/ovh_anz/

No api, huh you would think an internet "Authority" would be keeping up to date with tech, :P

And I see that ovh.com.au is there :P Just a redirect atm

• ovh.com.au is LIVE!!

Thanked by 2MaikoB GamerTech24
  • @ConnorM said:
    ovh.com.au is LIVE!!

Indeed :)

We are excited to officially announce the launch of our Australian website at OVH.com.au

As an OVH client located in the Australia-New Zealand region, you may now benefit from an australian based support and payment facilities in AUD.

> What happens with my existing OVH services?
    >

There are no changes to services linked to your existing OVH account. They will continue to be invoiced in the same foreign currency and benefit from the same foreign support.

>
    > Why create a new account on OVH.com.au?

Services bought at OVH.com.au will be invoiced in AUD and benefit from our Australian based support.

>

If you have any questions or wish to discuss further your needs with our local team, contact us at 1300 OVH AUS (684 287) or https://www.ovh.com.au/support

We will soon extend our range of servers and cloud solutions available in our Sydney Datacenter, to stay tuned follow us on Twitter @OVH_ANZ

Thanked by 2pbgben GamerTech24
  • Looks like there will be VPS for Sinagpore and Australia coming soon as well.

Woop, now is it worth moving my account to AU....

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2017

@pbgben said:

Any price savings or they basing conversion off of current USD/EUR prices? I know from looking at the Canadian site there are some good savings at times compared to other currencies.

@Harambe said:

@pbgben said:

Any price savings or they basing conversion off of current USD/EUR prices? I know from looking at the Canadian site there are some good savings at times compared to other currencies.

I would have to check, but the main reason will be the support, having someone available to take calls and tickets during business hours. Making the VIP support cost worth it.

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@pbgben said:

I would have to check, but the main reason will be the support, having someone available to take calls and tickets during business hours. Making the VIP support cost worth it.

Agreed, it's not usually going to be worse than the current conversion rate, but yeah the local support helps a lot. I've seen even with the new plans, if you compare US & CAD prices they're pretty close - albeit a slight benefit to paying with CAD. So hopefully the AU servers come with a bit of a discount for you guys buying local.

@Harambe said:

@pbgben said:

Agreed, it's not usually going to be worse than the current conversion rate, but yeah the local support helps a lot. I've seen even with the new plans, if you compare US & CAD prices they're pretty close - albeit a slight benefit to paying with CAD. So hopefully the AU servers come with a bit of a discount for you guys buying local.

Nah, we'll have to pay tax now too. ;P

• @pbgben said:

@Harambe said:

@pbgben said:

Nah, we'll have to pay tax now too. ;P

Fuck, I forgot about GST. DAMN U FIRST WORLD.

• I know the APNIC supports inter-RIR transfer between ARIN<-->APNIC, so I wonder if that could be a possibility, ARIN IPs are pretty hard to get now

Correct me if I'm wrong

• @ethancedrik said:
    I know the APNIC supports inter-RIR transfer between ARIN<-->APNIC, so I wonder if that could be a possibility, ARIN IPs are pretty hard to get now

Correct me if I'm wrong

Correct.

Some of our IP used in EU are actually ARIN IP managed by RIPE.
    Some of our IP use in CA/US are APNIC IP managed by ARIN.

The issue we have with APNIC is that we have to do a lots of change to our block, creating subnets, change the localisation, etc. And APNIC don't have an API for that. That's why we can't use them.

But, our Sydney and Singapore IPs are ARIN IP owned by OVH Australia localized to Sydney or Singapore. The country in the whois is either AU or SG. All application can work with that. I've even try some game server to check if the localisation was the good one and everything is good :)

• @MaikoB
    poland already soldout ? any chance of adding more ?

• fLoofLoo Member

Someone got an endpoint in Germany DC to ping already?

• ConnorMConnorM Member
    edited April 2017

I have cancelled my server :) I am free.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • RoldanRoldan Member

Ping From Philippines.
    PLDT ISP to my own OVH SGP Dedicated Server..

Thanked by 1eva2000
  • jimaekjimaek Member
    edited May 2017

You can now buy OVH VPS in Poland. Just ordered mine.

• kh81kh81 Member

@fLoo said:
    Someone got an endpoint in Germany DC to ping already?

Just use their Smokeping IP? 5.196.230.73

• jaketjaket Member

@MaikoB Do we have any idea when the UK will launch and what the offer might look like?

• test> @Roldan said:

Ping From Philippines.
    PLDT ISP to my own OVH SGP Dedicated Server..

Yeah they're still working on better routing and peering in their singapore DC