Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH Launches 3 New Datacenters - Page 31
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH Launches 3 New Datacenters

Comments

• NexusH798NexusH798 Member
    edited April 2017

@MaikoB said:
    Hello !

I've got some good news for you :)

Please check and report if it's better or not. If you have any traces, send them here or on [email protected]

no progress to show for China Telecom, China Mobile and China Unicom. There will be no direct routing for China in the foreseeable future, am I right ?

• @jazz1611 said:

You are visiting from 14.188.182.234 (static.vnpt.vn) Viet Nam
    Your ISP is AS45899 (VNPT Corp)
    Tracing route to 139.99.0.1 over a maximum of 30 hops

1    <1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  192.168.1.1
      2   105 ms   116 ms    85 ms  123.29.0.0.static.vnpt.vn [123.29.4.184]
      3    34 ms    38 ms    33 ms  123.29.0.0.static.vnpt.vn [123.29.5.169]
      4   128 ms   124 ms   133 ms  123.29.0.0.static.vnpt.vn [123.29.6.50]
      5    29 ms    31 ms    32 ms  static.vnpt.vn [113.171.14.130]
      6   195 ms   193 ms   190 ms  te0-0-0-21.br02.hkg15.pccwbtn.net [63.216.143.105]
      7   192 ms   192 ms   199 ms  TenGE0-3-0-6.br02.tok02.pccwbtn.net [63.218.250.117]
      8   192 ms   187 ms   194 ms  TenGE0-3-0-6.br02.tok02.pccwbtn.net [63.218.250.117]
      9   198 ms   189 ms   190 ms  ix-ae-16-0.tcore1.TV2-Tokyo.as6453.net [120.29.217.109]
     10   266 ms   267 ms   272 ms  if-ae-31-2.tcore2.SVW-Singapore.as6453.net [180.87.15.40]
     11   258 ms   257 ms   261 ms  if-ae-20-2.tcore1.SVQ-Singapore.as6453.net [180.87.96.21]
     12   374 ms   374 ms   470 ms  be10.sng-1-6k.sng.asia [103.5.15.236]
     13   258 ms   273 ms   259 ms  vl1331.sgp-g2-a72.routers.ovh.net [178.32.135.147]
     14   270 ms   276 ms   271 ms  po10.sgp-g12-a72.routers.ovh.net [103.5.15.229]
     15   258 ms   258 ms   261 ms  139.99.0.1

That update was a good one, but not a magical one :) We are still investigating / looking for solutions for some ISP. We appreciate your patience and trust in OVH as we need more time.

@NexusH798 said:
    What happened to Hong Kong Leaseweb?

Investigating ...

@danninov said:
    @MaikoB whoa thank you for update. Latency to my ISP now even lower than DO and Linode. Now waiting good offer from provider for SG location :v

What's a good offer for you ? What's your dream dedicated server from OVH in Singapore ? :)

Thanked by 1GamerTech24
  • nice speed and ping improvement for Singapore location.

Thanked by 1MaikoB
  • MagbanuaMagbanua Member
    edited April 2017

Latency from the Philippines to OVH SGP.
    https://snag.gy/u8N6pZ.jpg

• MaikoB said: What's a good offer for you ? What's your dream dedicated server from OVH in Singapore ? :)

I just interested with your VPS line. Do you have any info when VPS/ Public Cloud will available in Singapore?

• No ETA for now. We mainly focus on Dedicated Server and Private Cloud. But Public Cloud and VPS are definitely planned.

• @NexusH798 said:
    What happened to Hong Kong Leaseweb?

Fixed :)

Thanked by 2pbgben GamerTech24
  • stefemanstefeman Member
    edited April 2017

@MaikoB said:

Maiko whats up with Australia/New Zealand pings?

Also, some ISPs in Japan still have 300ms to the OVH Singapore location.

• LaDcLaDc Member

Any insiders know of when the Virginia, US one will start taking pre-orders/testing ?

• @LaDc said:
    Any insiders know of when the Virginia, US one will start taking pre-orders/testing ?

Probably somewhere in 2018-19.

Also, be prepared for bad peering :D

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2017

@danninov said:

I just interested with your VPS line. Do you have any info when VPS/ Public Cloud will available in Singapore?

I might have some in SNG soon if you need something there.

• GamerTech24GamerTech24 Member
    edited April 2017

@stefeman said:

@MaikoB said:

Maiko whats up with Australia/New Zealand pings?

Also, some ISPs in Japan still have 300ms to the OVH Singapore location.

I think that's a VOCUS thing, if OVH Australia and OVH Singapore set up peering with VOCUS that should be fixed, OVH AU also had some issues as well. Right now your connection is going to Los Angeles then back to singapore, there probably is a faster route from Australia to Singapore than SYD -> LAX -> SGP which is why you have around 200ms latency.

Faster routes to people getting routed over VOCUS has also came up for OVH Australia as well, but as far as I'm aware that's mostly worked out and fixed now, some people were getting routed from NZ to LAX and then SYD

• : ( again, no progress for China Telecom, China Mobile and China Unicom. These are TOP 3 ISP in China. Do you guys plan to use the terrible routing for China forever? Even Canada servers have a better latency to China

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@FredQc said:

@LaDc said:

I'm thinking a month or two out.. check Oles' twitter, lots been happening in VA. Their contractors move quick.

Thanked by 1MaikoB
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran
    @NexusH798 said:
    ( again, no progress for China Telecom, China Mobile and China Unicom. These are TOP 3 ISP in China. Do you guys plan to use the terrible routing for China forever? Even Canada servers have a better latency to China

I doubt OVH wants to pay the peering cost. Those ISP's would bleed OVH dry because they know they have the cash.

Francisco

• @Francisco said:

@NexusH798 said:
    ( again, no progress for China Telecom, China Mobile and China Unicom. These are TOP 3 ISP in China. Do you guys plan to use the terrible routing for China forever? Even Canada servers have a better latency to China

I doubt OVH wants to pay the peering cost. Those ISP's would bleed OVH dry because they know they have the cash.

Francisco

Indeed, maybe when its affordable.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2017

@masterqqq said:

@Francisco said:

@NexusH798 said:

Francisco

Indeed, maybe when its affordable.

I don't have experience with these costs, but I think it's safe to assume those China T/U will never be affordable outside of China.. at least in the distant future.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@MikeA said:
    I don't have experience with these costs, but I think it's safe to assume those China T/U will never be affordable outside of China.. at least in the distant future.

I don't ever see OVH getting it at a point they can give it to their users cheap/free. The moment that happens a lot of people paying for CT/CU transit are going to stop doing that and they'll just tunnel it to OVH.

Francisco

• yeah, the best they can do is route the OVH SGP -> China traffic over a faster route than back to the US and over again

• @FredQc said:

@LaDc said:

I'll check if we already have an ETA that I can give you. But trust me, should be there before 2019 ;)

Please remember that OVH is already present with an awesome backbone in the US and CA ;)
    https://weathermap.ovh.net/#usa

The issue in routing in APAC is mainly because we are building a backbone almost from scratch.

• @ethancedrik said:

@stefeman said:

Right now your connection is going to Los Angeles then back to singapore, there probably is a faster route from Australia to Singapore than SYD -> LAX -> SGP which is why you have around 200ms latency.

We (at the moment) don't have a direct link between SYD and SGP. So we need to get backbone to our US backbone and then go to SGP. That direct link is planned but I still don't have an ETA for it.

• China Mobile goes to France actually, not north america, but no difference.
    Vultr and D.O do have good latency and bandwidth for China Mobile in Asia regions, hope OVH can achieve same level.

edited April 2017

edited

• teamaccteamacc Member
    edited April 2017

@NexusH798 said:

great improvement from my Hong Kong server to SG, it used to be 200ms+

Recheck your image. You did hide your hostname, but not your ip on hop 12.

• @MaikoB said:

@ethancedrik said:

@stefeman said:

Right now your connection is going to Los Angeles then back to singapore, there probably is a faster route from Australia to Singapore than SYD -> LAX -> SGP which is why you have around 200ms latency.

We (at the moment) don't have a direct link between SYD and SGP. So we need to get backbone to our US backbone and then go to SGP. That direct link is planned but I still don't have an ETA for it.

Thanks, I mean it is the next best thing until a direct link happens and connections still work and function fine, just with a little more latency

• LaDcLaDc Member

@MaikoB said:

@FredQc said:

@LaDc said:

I'll check if we already have an ETA that I can give you. But trust me, should be there before 2019 ;)

Please remember that OVH is already present with an awesome backbone in the US and CA ;)
    https://weathermap.ovh.net/#usa

The issue in routing in APAC is mainly because we are building a backbone almost from scratch.

Looking forward to testing out the US location whenever it becomes available.....IF the price is right of course :)

edited April 2017

@teamacc said:

@NexusH798 said:

great improvement from my Hong Kong server to SG, it used to be 200ms+

Recheck your image. You did hide your hostname, but not your ip on hop 12.

ignore that result, it changed back to 200ms again
    and...please remove the pic in your reply, thanks :)

• I don't understand why you all hide your IP. Live life on the edge ;)

On a technical note, Anyone's Google Search location changed to Indonesia?

• Can't wait for the UK location(s) next month. Gonna get dedi'd up! Is there an option to migrate VPSes between DCs?

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited April 2017

@ConnorM said:
    I don't understand why you all hide your IP. Live life on the edge ;)

On a technical note, Anyone's Google Search location changed to Indonesia?

Because sharing it on LET usually ends up it being DDoS'ed.. Someone shared his Sydney IP and it was bombed down for a week with everyone apparently wanting to find out how OVH handles DDoS in Asia.

Multiple cases before where IP's posted here got DDoS attacks.