Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OneSite - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OneSite

12346»

Comments

• trewq said: selling points

I think the selling point here is 'free'.

• Hi,
    No, we will use eleven2 dedicated servers until we have enough clients that it becomes worth it getting our own servers (I think I mentioned this somewhere early in the thread)

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@DETio said:

trewq said: selling points

I think the selling point here is 'free'.

I wish I could hide these stupid threads so I stop replying, I'm getting angry at @fvsegarra and I can't put my finger on why.

Nothing is ever free, you pay for it one way or another.

• Hi @trewq,
    Well, as far as I am concerned, 000webhost has been providing free web hosting for maaaaany years, and still make a big profit. Freemium model does work, and it's the direction we are taking right now.

• LeeLee Veteran

fvsegarra said: 000webhost has been providing free web hosting for maaaaany years

They at least look professional though.

trewq said: I wish I could hide these stupid threads so I stop replying, I'm getting angry at @fvsegarra and I can't put my finger on why.

I'm with you, the stupid people and threads attract me like flies around shit.

Thanked by 1trewq
  • haha
    well, we started 3 weeks ago, give us some time. Honestly, you're judging so much and we've not even been able to start. Let's wait a bit and then we can talk with facts

@fvsegarra said:
    Hi @trewq,
    Well, as far as I am concerned, 000webhost has been providing free web hosting for maaaaany years, and still make a big profit. Freemium model does work, and it's the direction we are taking right now.

Yes, and I can find dumps of their client data online.

• fvsegarrafvsegarra Member
    edited October 2016

Of 000webhost? Where¿?

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited October 2016

@fvsegarra said:
    Of 000webhost? Where¿?

The reply of harvesting opportunities rather than concern, that aside do you not read industry news, it's been well reported.

@fvsegarra said:
    Of 000webhost? Where¿?

Man, you spend so long typing up your "we will succeed" messages but when you have the chance to get a mailing list your straight at it. Even showing off your ascii skills too.

• Are you referring to the Forbes article from almost a year ago or so?
    I don't know, I thought it was gonna be something more recent

• trewq said: but when you have the chance to get a mailing list your straight at it. Even showing off your ascii skills too

what do you mean?

@fvsegarra said:
    Are you referring to the Forbes article from almost a year ago or so?
    I don't know, I thought it was gonna be something more recent

I couldn't tell you, I don't read Forbes. But yes, from a year ago. A year ago is recent...

• yep :)
    okayy

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited October 2016

Someone sink this pointless advertising thread now? @Amitz @Jarland

Thanked by 1trewq
  • I think this thread is done. Close? @Amitz @jarland @Ishaq

@fvsegarra, good work keeping your calm but please sort out your cPanel certificate. Self-signed is not acceptable especially when there's LetsEncrypt for free.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited October 2016

BeardyUnixGuy said: good work keeping your calm but please sort out your cPanel certificate. Self-signed is not acceptable especially when there's LetsEncrypt for free.

Anyone with self signed on cPanel right now is a complete idiot. They actually give you a free SSL certificate for the hostname now. Not even just LetsEncrypt, like a cert you would pay for. See example:

This entire thing looks shady.

This discussion has been closed.